so this is not what people wanted in wvw...

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

now that the patch is out. people do clearly disapprove.

reasons: the map change feels like a bigger version of an spvp area and many of us are not that much into spvp. we like siege and keeps and everything that an rvr is:taking keeps,castles, towers and build defenses.
now i like the look of the ruins. beautifully designed and looks like they did put effort into this, but the whole standing in a circle thing and not getting reward for it, is not really working for me.
it feels like a playground for roamers. also the stats u get from bloodlust is way over the top. imagine a zerg of 60 at your keep with 3 bloodlust, then the ram mastery, and the guard leeching and applied fortitude,. the outmanned server is doomed in this case.

i think anet struggles with figuring out how to change wvw. the ruins are a roaming paradise and i gotta be honest, i had some fun roaming today, but this is not really what i wanna do all the time. this element is a new addition, but we want more rvr additions now.(and the bloodlust stats have to go!!)

so lets tell anet (again)what we do like about a wvw type of game. not just raging. raging isnt gonna change anything. but we gotta make clear to them what we really want and how it could be implemented!

what i would like:
new keeps/castles/towers: the way certain points in the ruins are, i like how we can defend, because the enemy has to run up through narrow stairs. keeps should have a lot of such places, so the enemy cant just open outer and the 2 steps later they are on the inner.
walls should be safer, so u can at least use some siege to defend it if a megablob hits.

additional upgrades for keeps.

underground tunnels that have to be built or something like that.

guild halls or even guild keeps or towers, which would require a larger map

an arena for gvg would have been better than the ruins or even a separate gvg map.

the reason why people are looking forward to games like cu is also that u can build your own guild keep, tower or guild hall.

u want gw2 to be a living breathing world, so should wvw be growing. leave the main keeps as they are, but allow guilds to install structures that can protect those keeps. what if u could build a watch tower with our guild or something that the enemy has to take down first before they reach garrison.

to slow a zerg down the maps need to have areas that arent so easy to reach. an outmanned server need time to put down siege and start defending.

what about server alliances i would love to help some lower tiers out if they get hit with a really bad matchup.

bigger maps, less pve and spvp elements.

more use for badges

also balance wvw and spvp separately

now anet, if u could please look at what people want. we didnt ask for leagues as we already know that its not gonna end well and we didnt ask for bloodlust. could u please at least try to implement some of these suggestions. some people here have some very epic ideas.
aslo its called guildwars, more guild wvw based stuff please.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Sandman.4192

Sandman.4192

I agree with you man.

[SLAY] The Soul Slayers!! FSP EU
Prepare To Die!! Never Stop Fighting!!

in WvW

Posted by: Coarr.3286

Coarr.3286

you have your keeps and we roamers have our playground now. dont see the problem at all.

[care] Coarr Ix – Ranger
Kodash
Stomp some Piken!

in WvW

selan.8354

you have your keeps and we roamers have our playground now. dont see the problem at all.

well considering that wvw is not a roaming based game. the keeps have to be improved. the structures are way to easy to get into. they have not been improved at all. a new castle instead of the playground would have been way better accepted in our community.
roaming once in a while can be fun for a lot of us, but the majority in here likes gvg and zvz battles.
we want epic battles and sieging, not a 1 thief ganking a person that is running supply kinda style.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

Sorry Charlie. It’s open world pvp. That means focus on fighting players not wooden doors. “We want to feel epic like general Patton”

Give it a rest. Try fighting players without a 15+ beside you. Your adrenaline should go up as a human being more than taking some wooden door down…

PAXA -GM

in WvW

selan.8354

Sorry Charlie. It’s open world pvp. That means focus on fighting players not wooden doors. “We want to feel epic like general Patton”

Give it a rest. Try fighting players without a 15+ beside you. Your adrenaline should go up as a human being more than taking some wooden door down…

dud u realize that this thread is not about u roamers at all right? this threat is about what people that are upset with the patch actually wanted. roamers are a pretty small part of wvw. havoc teams are more popular and yes we like big open fights too.
u are a roamer then go roam. but your comment has nothing to do in this thread.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Gathslan.1870

Gathslan.1870

I am a roamer and i am not pleased at all

The stats is the most stupid thing one could come up with, and the more they keep adding the worse it will be. The new area is great, but the stats are not.

Not a happy Roamer :P

in WvW

Posted by: Coarr.3286

Coarr.3286

well considering that wvw is not a roaming based game. …

wvw and gw2 is a “do what ever you want and like” type of game. if you like to fight players, fight players. if you want to bang your head against wooden doors, do that. and if you want to look cool and have massive drops and gold on your bank do dungeons and pve content. if i was a game designer the wvw part would become very unattractive for 90% of the current playerbase. no wvw rank, no ae limit, no upscaled player. it would become a raw pvp type of game with sieges that give you a good feeling of kicking your enemys kitten . that is all reward that is needed.

[care] Coarr Ix – Ranger
Kodash
Stomp some Piken!

in WvW

Posted by: Heizero.9183

Heizero.9183

AS a roamer, i gotta say this kitten sucks. Currently fighting Kain and they have all 3 bloodlust buffs. sure roaming is fun, and i can usually pull off some pretty spectacular outnumbered maneuvers, but what am i supposed to do against a group of players with +150 to all stats? Run. That’s all i can manage now. it’s pretty lame.

Commander Unyielding Shadow – Human Thief
Champion Shadow
Better Luck Next Time [BLNT]-Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: kingcragus.6810

kingcragus.6810

This is exactly what I wanted in WvW…people actually fighting each other. It is great. It is like concentrated roaming…when it is not getting zerged. Hilarious thing is that I went in for a 1v3 against 3 people with +100 stats and they still ran away to a tower. LOL

Stat buff does not bother me at all. If I have it, great better chance of wining a fight 1vx. If I don’t have it I welcome the challenge of defeating players with it.

Come on people MAN THE kitten UP.
@ Op you can still cap PPT all you like..and if a +150stat 60 man zerg hits your keep..just build a few more AC, which tbh I thought was the zerg way..you know spam some siege farm some bags, never actually fight people?

in WvW

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

If you wanted perfectly fair fights, you’d be in sPvP.

How often are you fighting with no weapon stacks? Guard stacks? No food or oils? Ascended vs exotics/rares?
I personally have no stats on my back piece because I can’t be bothered spending the time in PvE.
I can still wreck people 1v1 just the same without any of the above and am absolutely loving this change.

150 to all stats is a sliver of your total stats. If you think you are losing fights just because of the buff, go try out sPvP and be rudely awakened to reality.
In GW2, skill/build is vastly superior to stats.

We now have constant, varying scale fights and a plethora of <4 man groups roaming the borderlands, this is the open world PvP MMO players have been asking for, for YEARS.

Open your eyes and enjoy what we now have: The best open world PvP game on the market.

The REAL problem we have now, is the crippling lag… What the kitten is with that?

(edited by Brew Pinch.5731)

in WvW

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

AS a roamer, i gotta say this kitten sucks. Currently fighting Kain and they have all 3 bloodlust buffs. sure roaming is fun, and i can usually pull off some pretty spectacular outnumbered maneuvers, but what am i supposed to do against a group of players with +150 to all stats? Run. That’s all i can manage now. it’s pretty lame.

Spot on.

I like that they added new terrain. The buffs are stupid. If this was his idea, I would like ANET to fire Devon Carver. You could have implemented ANYTHING other than stat boosting, but you apparently don’t have the imagination for it.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

map design is freaking awful. There is water everywhere, trees that dont let u see, lots of terrain that let mesmers thief escape super easy, this reminds me that pic that i saw on the spvp forum that people were asking that necro needed a bit more survability and then they added the fire proc and every1 was like wtf?.
I wonder if they ever add gvg maps or dm if they are going to be terrible like this.

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

I am a roamer too. The map is great, good job for the team who design it, but the buff is an awful idea, who design it, deal with your ego and remove it.

in WvW

Posted by: Linkisdead.9647

Linkisdead.9647

but but but my arrow cart isn’t protected by walls and npcs in the ruins!!

I hate the buff but we saw way more good fights than usual last night so its a good start

Sig
[sYn] Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: Asuka Shikinami.5462

Asuka Shikinami.5462

Spent all night roaming, outmanned the entire time as my server has no oceanic presence. Having an enemy server not only totally outman you, but have +150 everything makes roaming tedious. Even the dueling we had with a theif from the dominating server was biased by his buff- which was not his fault but he has no way to disable it.

Having these buffs give stats is just wrong. Make it buffs to seige/structures or something, but leave actually fair fights alone. If I die, I want to die due to being outplayed (or often outnumbered, but the second is easier to deal with). There is enough dumbing down the game with the current meta, anet do you really need to make this worse…

After I’m elected, bribing me will be considered a “gold sink”
- John Smith

in WvW

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

Heizero, I agree with you. Anet just went way over the top with the BL Bloodlust. It might be ok if it were +50 – 150 to “ONE” stat. But to all stats, c’mon man! Seriously, Anet…that’s a good idea in your book?

Someone came up with that idea and a group of you agreed that it’s a great idea? Tell us please that you have a back up plan for this failure.

Moonlight [THRU]

in WvW

Posted by: Edeor.9720

Edeor.9720

Yes! We need keep and tower… wait towers and keep already exist?

people do clearly disapprove.

Not people. You’re not the people, you’re just a person who should buy Rome total war to play a lot of sieges.

Basically you’re complaining because right now you can do what you want ( If you want to play sieges, there are many towers and keep, if you want to roam, there is the central part of the map), in other words you’re just whining because you want to ‘more of the same’.

Kareha Silverwind – mesmer of Clan McBenwick (Gunnar’s Hold)

in WvW

Posted by: Heizero.9183

Heizero.9183

How often are you fighting with no weapon stacks? Guard stacks? No food or oils? Ascended vs exotics/rares?
I personally have no stats on my back piece because I can’t be bothered spending the time in PvE.
I can still wreck people 1v1 just the same without any of the above and am absolutely loving this change.

150 to all stats is a sliver of your total stats. If you think you are losing fights just because of the buff, go try out sPvP and be rudely awakened to reality.

We now have constant, varying scale fights and a plethora of <4 man groups roaming the borderlands, this is the open world PvP MMO players have been asking for, for YEARS.

Open your eyes and enjoy what we now have: The best open world PvP game on the market.

The REAL problem we have now, is the crippling lag… What the kitten is with that?

I do a ton of tPvP. I can tell you i lost a couple of fights today because of enemy having +150 to all stats on top of fortitude buff. Fought a LB/GS warr earlier. Bronze Assaulter. He had bloodlust x3 and 5 stacks of fortitude. I usually deal with them fine since i see so many LB warrs in tournies. i was doing fairly well with him but he just whiddled me away, i couldn’t outlast him when he had such a big statistical advantage over me.

Commander Unyielding Shadow – Human Thief
Champion Shadow
Better Luck Next Time [BLNT]-Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: IMAGE.1509

IMAGE.1509

“150 to all stats is a sliver of your total stats.”

Sliver? If you add up all your armor and trinkets, it might not even add up to the 150 on all stats. I haven’t done the math (someone do it for me.), but I think the total +150 to all stats is way more than the total of all stats from the armor and trinkets. Does not include weapon stats.

in WvW

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

It’s true the buffs may be a bit big, but overall, this is freaking fun. No longer am i faced with Zergy screen lag. Also i recall many people saying small groups and roamers not really making a difference in WvW. Well now they are, and I’ve had some of the most fun fights in those hours. It’s also easier to get the mist defender killer daily done. There is a zerg that comes through the place sometimes but after they just leave to go cap something, and whatever Bloodlust point they capped is easily taken back.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Lurch.9517

Lurch.9517

The buff is slightly more than food if a server holds all three. Not that bad and you can still kill them.

Not wishing to add to hyperbole but could you tell me which supermarket your toon buys his food at? Because I want to shop there too.

Lurch
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: teonimesic.1403

teonimesic.1403

I love the new maps. And yes, i am a roamer. I hate everything that has/needs more than 15 players.

in WvW

IMAGE.1509

fett.9573:

The buff is slightly more than food if a server holds all three. Not that bad and you can still kill them.

That buff applies to ALL stats, unlike the food buff which only applies to two – the second is significantly less.

in WvW

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Devon is too stubborn. That’s the whole wvw issue. Seriously a mistake is a mistake. no big deal, UNTIL the point where you have to admit it. Admit it and rollback or sit in your cage of stubborness. Devon will not cancel leagues for this very reason, even though Bloodlust+leagues is destroying the wvw landscape (especially in eu).

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Remember guys, the only way to show disapproval is by not playing the game. Dev has stated they will not listen to “noise” on the forum because we are a minority.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: Ebony.5738

Ebony.5738

I really hope anet reads these threads and takes some of these ideas into consideration. The stat buff really kittened kitten up IMO maybe if they could do something like the outmanned buff for each orb like lower cost of repairs by a certain percentage or even add something big that everyone wants like a 50% wxp boost for every orb that takes effect. I do really enjoy the new map design but please look into the stat buff… It’s totally uncalled for.

Verdánt

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I actually quite enjoy it. I don’t have to enter every fight with ACs firing down on me from behind walls. I can get open field fights and skirmishes. For me, WvW is now alot more enjoyable.

EDIT: Also just to point out, Im pretty excited that certain builds from certain classes now have a place in WvW.

in WvW

IMAGE.1509

I really hope anet reads these threads and takes some of these ideas into consideration. The stat buff really kittened kitten up IMO maybe if they could do something like the outmanned buff for each orb like lower cost of repairs by a certain percentage or even add something big that everyone wants like a 50% wxp boost for every orb that takes effect. I do really enjoy the new map design but please look into the stat buff… It’s totally uncalled for.

I hope someone above Devon reads this and gets rid of him as lead.

in WvW

Gathslan.1870

Yeah, those who disapprove of this kitten dont play until we see change.

If you agree to this change then you also agree to whatever future stats they will start creeping into the game.

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

What people wants:

-first: new dev team. This one is clueless to say the least, stubborn, can’t foresee anything regarding the impact of changes on wvw (while the famous “unimportant forum minority” did, and since first second they talked about Bloodlust), do not listen or answer, and overall do not know their game.

-second: get. rid. of. bloodlust. period.

-third: read trough the suggestions made in last 10 months that would have made wvw 10 times better long time ago if considered. Not going to list them all, thi post is going to be deleted asap cause i’ve named devs anyway.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in WvW

Posted by: ptitminou.6489

ptitminou.6489

The real problem after lag is low population. Nothing is being done for that. It’s not about fair fights, it’s about fair chances for the week. If a side has twice as much as the other side in terms of people logging in, we already know which one is going to win so why bother? Then repeat the next week, then the one after… then if WvW is all you like about the game, you either transfer or quit if you don’t wanna pay the fun tax. I think you grossly misunderstand what people mean by fair fights.

Also, for a backpack, join a guild and buy a guild backpack, its 5g.

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten
Because censorship is the most important part of the MMO business.

in WvW

Posted by: Agyar.7236

Agyar.7236

The area is great and finally gives some good objectives and interesting play for roamers, but the state buff has to go. I’m all for keeping the points on stomp though.

in WvW

Posted by: nyaonyao.8402

nyaonyao.8402

Remember guys, the only way to show disapproval is by not playing the game. Dev has stated they will not listen to “noise” on the forum because we are a minority.

“If we see continuing declines in number of people actually playing, then we clearly have a problem.” said he.

This is disappointing to say the least. It’s disappointing that a Dev would would say this (if he did say it). Decline in playing numbers? Did he even give a thought about players who come in WvW to do map completion? Or those who come into WvW to use the merchant, Black Lion Trader or the crafting stations? Ah! But nevermind me! I am only part of a minor vocal community. I’m sure these people have statistics that will prove that the number of players who come to WvW for those reasons are insignificant because majority of the WvW population are actually ‘hardcore’ WvWers and the majority of those players don’t even post in this forum.

How can WvW see a ‘significant’ decline in playing numbers if there are these other reasons why a player would go into WvW? How can they even tell if the decline is tied to a certain ‘WvW’ mechanic?

(edited by nyaonyao.8402)

in WvW

selan.8354

Yes! We need keep and tower… wait towers and keep already exist?

people do clearly disapprove.

Not people. You’re not the people, you’re just a person who should buy Rome total war to play a lot of sieges.

Basically you’re complaining because right now you can do what you want ( If you want to play sieges, there are many towers and keep, if you want to roam, there is the central part of the map), in other words you’re just whining because you want to ‘more of the same’.

erm nope nope and nope again i made this thread becaus ethere is a ton of people that rage quit after the patch one of our big guilds didnt even log on today. also if u check the forums the majority of people are not happy with the patch.
if u would have read the post right. i actually stated that raging is not the solution and also that i like that they added new terrain. so stop pulling out sentences and vent on them.
it is great fro roamers to have something to focus on apart from camps and dolys, but for a lot of us who like gvg and duels its not fun because of the buff. also we do need new keeps new structures as its starting to get old.

i am not against everything that came with the patch. new graphics new terrain that is nicely designed.
its a step, but we need a lot of other things too.
now the roamers have their playground, how about we get ours?

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

(edited by selan.8354)

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

well considering that wvw is not a roaming based game. the keeps have to be improved. the structures are way to easy to get into. they have not been improved at all. a new castle instead of the playground would have been way better accepted in our community.
roaming once in a while can be fun for a lot of us, but the majority in here likes gvg and zvz battles.
we want epic battles and sieging, not a 1 thief ganking a person that is running supply kinda style.

speak for yourself, I know a lot of people who prefer roaming and small skirmish fights, taking small objectives, guards and supply camps didn’t fill this niche mainly because its to lucrative for the karma train to roll them over. These new points give no reward for capture and will become less appealing for the zerg farmers. Keeps and towers could use a rework and that will take time, for now we got an area where roamers can play and they did not remove the areas that zergers play. Its a start.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Gathslan.1870

Decline in numbers deciding what stays and what does not is very flawed.

People will still keep playing(the big majority) even if changes they do not like come, because well.. there is no other option but WvW for many PvP types.

Solo, group, siege. You find that ALL in WvW and people will play despite stupid decisions.
Bad changes to the game will create long term problems more so than short term…

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Roaming is very much a part of WvW, sorry that you don’t like to be ganked on route but that is part of tactics. Cutting of enemy supplies, cutting off reinforcements, flipping camps. A server should always have a zerg taking keeps/towers and roamers to do what I listed above. There is a reason most Armies have tactical teams.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

I like the mapchange, the layout, altough i am worried this has made certain towers and keeps incredibly easy to “safely” siege with trebs and cata’s.

The capture points are not my thing, if i wanted to play Conquest mode i’d already be in sPvP. I specifically did not want to play Conquest mode, and thats why i went for WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Anet noticed the exodus from spvp back to WvW and was like..“Oh yeah you guys trying to escape conquest? Hell no! Here you whiney little pricks… More conquest..Hahahahahahahahaha”

atleast thats how i envision it..

Or its just complete incompetence and lacking knowledge or a shortterm fix carrot/stick kind of thing. since they can’t create a different gamemode that doesn’t involve standing still on a point…but i wouldn’t go as far as saying that at all….

’If i wanted to play frogger i would just play frogger." because thats what your gamemodes are now.. 3d frogger.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in WvW

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

150 to all stats is a sliver of your total stats.

Stats scale geometrically with each other in this game. It may not look like much at a glance, but in terms of force projection (Damage Per Second * Effective Health) it translates into roughly a 35% boost to character power.

in WvW

Posted by: MAGpie.7962

MAGpie.7962

Like the map changes. Do not like the buff.

in WvW

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

GIVE OUTMANNED SERVER THE BUFF ONLY.

And remove the kittening Aoe cap while you’re at it

PAXA -GM