solution to dead servers in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Anima.8521

Anima.8521

I just returned to play after 2 years and I don’t know what happened but my server Sorrow’s Furnace is dead in WvW, I can never find a big group and most of the time I have the bonus buff because we are outnumbered, its really pathetic the state of WvW here. So why not merge the T8 servers or give free transfers or something, I don’t even find myself motivated to play WvW because its so boring atm, and I don’t think its fair to pay $20 just to transfer to other server so I can have some fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Life isn’t meant to be fair. If you are not enjoying the WvW on your server, either you pay and transfer or suffer the consequences of not doing so. Anet is unlikely to do anything about “dead” servers for a very long time, especially with an expansion on the way.

in WvW

Posted by: Videles.6759

Videles.6759

A lot of there customers are leaving because of this. So if they don’t care then they shouldn’t cry when customers leave. I’m about to quitte and ask for a refund to. Having 4:1 imbalance all the time is something they should fix. You already paid for the game. A lot people i know are not gonna purchase the expansion and a lot stopped purchasing gems. I think they have no idea the amount of kittened of customers they have about this and that its costing them money.

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Just pay for the transfer. The transfer cost is what you would have to pay to get back into most other games worth playing anyway. A year ago I wasn’t happy with how things were in WvW on another server. Contemplated on quitting but decided to give transfer to a T1 server a shot. Honestly it was the best money I’ve spent, worth hours upon hours of fun.

This game is cheap as heck to play, and one of a handful of MMO’s out there worth playing if you enjoy PvP/RvRing. You could throw a fit and go out spend $50-$60 on another game, maybe even go to a rare subscription game out there for a month or two. But point is if you like what you see in GW2, then spend the money and just start having fun already. Because you would have to spend a lot more otherwise to play something else, and you aren’t even sure if you’ll stick around in another game for long.

(edited by gavyne.6847)

in WvW

Posted by: Kungsmurfen.2861

Kungsmurfen.2861

Sollution:

1.) Buy a tag
2.) Tag up

If you already own a tag go straight for step #2

Underworld – [ZERK]

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

Sollution:

1.) Buy a tag
2.) Tag up

This, tag up and from nowhere little mouses will dress you like a princess and give you a big army of brutal assassins, but remember to get back to spawn before midnight.

in WvW

Posted by: Noia.9413

Noia.9413

I intend to remain in Borlis Pass to the absolute end, regardless of whether we are victorious or being driven into the lowest tiers of the realm of Torment.

When large guilds or swarms of people transfer to another realm of their own volition, it behaves in effect like a part of that home world merging into another, without adversely affecting those of us who enjoy outnumbered fights and are willing to stand steadfast even in a losing war. Victory is sweet indeed if it is attained by our own efforts. Defeat is just a part of the challenge.

It would only cause damage and be contrary to the spirit of free choice if the home worlds — unwilling along with the willing — were forced to live together and lose the loyalties and team that they love.

An avenger of the Pass.

The Feared Intelligence Chief of Borlis Pass

(edited by Noia.9413)

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Life isn’t meant to be fair. If you are not enjoying the WvW on your server, either you pay and transfer or suffer the consequences of not doing so. Anet is unlikely to do anything about “dead” servers for a very long time, especially with an expansion on the way.

This sums it up nicely.

A lot of there customers are leaving because of this. So if they don’t care then they shouldn’t cry when customers leave. I’m about to quitte and ask for a refund to. Having 4:1 imbalance all the time is something they should fix. You already paid for the game. A lot people i know are not gonna purchase the expansion and a lot stopped purchasing gems. I think they have no idea the amount of kittened of customers they have about this and that its costing them money.

Prove it. Gayle recently posted about the population surging for some time now. Yet you claim to have better population metrics the the game developers?

I think they know precisely where their customers stand. How do you expect folks to listen to your perspective, when you make such large claims, that has so much evidence supporting the contrary?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

Sollution:

1.) Buy a tag
2.) Tag up

This, tag up and from nowhere little mouses will dress you like a princess and give you a big army of brutal assassins, but remember to get back to spawn before midnight.

Just gotta say that made me lol, thx!

Also, why tag up, form alliances, or step up and lead? Its someone elses responsibilty isnt it? Why arent there ppl getting wvw rdy for me so I can have a pleasent visit?

Its all player driven, maybe SF have too many ppl o breaks?

in WvW

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

Sorrows Furnace is possibly the most empty NA server, so that may be a part of the problem. Most of the low tier servers aren’t as bad off as the people in t1-3 think. It is a place where people who don’t like zerging go. Yes there are occasional Zergs, but it’s fun to try to zerg bust On Kaineng, we just left t8, and have perfectly fine coverage.
Another tip is to find an active WvW guild that suits the playstyle you like. There are guilds for zerging/larger groups, havoc groups, and roaming. Ask around in map chat, I doubt you will be entirely ignored, unless SF is THAT dead (I know you guys are in a pretty bad spot). If all else fails, transfer, Kaineng will take you
P.S. If you don’t like fighting outmanned, than low tier roaming isn’t for you

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Life isn’t meant to be fair.

True, also irrelevant, it is a game, and not having a level playing field is precisely one of the reasons PvP fails so often in MMOs and dies off.

in WvW

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

Maybe the emphasis on defending coming in HoT alongside the new borderlands and the new mechanics in the borderlands will affect this issue in some positive ways.

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.

in WvW

Anima.8521

That’s exactly the answer I’m not looking for, “Deal with it! kitten ”. that’s exactly why people stop playing, do you think a player who likes WvW want to see every time he logs in the ‘outnumbered’ buff and at most 10 people playing wvw? even when the server population says “Very high”, players just go to a different game and that’s it. I’m trying to bring out the problem so hopefully Anet will do something if enough people complain

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Of course you can delete all existing characters and transfer for free if you don’t want to spend the gems…..
If you have tomes and ascended gear you could bank the goodies and be be back to fully geared in an instant on a brand spanking new server. If you use exotics – they are pretty cheap to re-buy…….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

The only reason for servers is WvW, in saying that, why would a business give free transfers or change one of the very few systems left that extract revenue from the WvW playerbase?

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

There is no solution that folks are going to be happy with.

The way I see it, we could condense servers 8-24 into anywhere from 8 to 10 servers, down from 17.
you’d still have your small scale combat servers, and more “blobby” servers, until you get up to gold league, where PPT Coverage wars take over

in WvW

Posted by: Rimmy.9217

Rimmy.9217

That’s exactly the answer I’m not looking for, “Deal with it! *kitten *”. that’s exactly why people stop playing, do you think a player who likes WvW want to see every time he logs in the ‘outnumbered’ buff and at most 10 people playing wvw? even when the server population says “Very high”, players just go to a different game and that’s it. I’m trying to bring out the problem so hopefully Anet will do something if enough people complain

Yes, actually. I usually seek out the BL that gives me that very buff – I have the most fun there.

My own server crashed and burned about this time last year, and within six or seven weeks we found ourselves in T8. Other than a group of <20 WvWers (and not all on at the same time, I might add), we didn’t really have anything going for us.

But we found fights and some fun, despite losing week after week, and then people brought their friends and guildies in once in a while, and we’re back up in silver now feeling our way forward.

You can’t play on SF like you would have remembered it before you left, so find what you enjoy and do that. If you can’t then yeah, transfer, but I wouldn’t start like that. Can you solo camps? Can you wrest anything away from BP or SoR before they respond?

This is how it starts. People will come in because they see what you’ve been doing. It takes a while, but it picks up if you have the patience for it.

Trollnado Ele – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Synosius.9876

SF is not dead, I been fighting them all day. They just golem rushed our bl hills, so gg for them.

in WvW

Anima.8521

Of course you can delete all existing characters and transfer for free if you don’t want to spend the gems…..
If you have tomes and ascended gear you could bank the goodies and be be back to fully geared in an instant on a brand spanking new server. If you use exotics – they are pretty cheap to re-buy…….

Actually I ended up doing that, don’t have tomes but i’m gonna level up in WvW and EOTM and buy the gear with honor, I think the only bad side is that i’ll have to farm the traits for every new character I make.

I transfered to TC, and the difference is huge, even at 4am there were people roaming everywhere and talking all the time. In SF at the same hour there were literally 3 people trying to defend a keep from a middle sized group, that’s all the action I could find at that hour.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Actually I ended up doing that, don’t have tomes but i’m gonna level up in WvW and EOTM and buy the gear with honor, I think the only bad side is that i’ll have to farm the traits for every new character I make.

I transfered to TC, and the difference is huge, even at 4am there were people roaming everywhere and talking all the time. In SF at the same hour there were literally 3 people trying to defend a keep from a middle sized group, that’s all the action I could find at that hour.

Yea the new traits system sucks for this. But just buy the ones you need to start….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

Welcome to the coast with the most.

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.

in WvW

Rimmy.9217

I’m glad you’re happier where you are, but it’s people transferring off in search of “greener pastures” that has helped to make some servers “dead”.

That said, in that screenshot you were a level two thief trying to defend Stonemist. I have no idea what you’d consider fun about that.

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

Other games already resolve low population issues by shutting down low population servers. Not doing so here, just makes the problem worse. The problem is they do not have enough population to support the number of servers they have open ( NA severs). So it can only be resolved by either increasing the number of players ( good luck with that never works long term) or by reducing the number of servers. This is just the reality for mmorpgs as they age. Many games would have shut down the low pop servers already, as it is harmful to the game to even keep them open at all. New players coming in after reading the hype and get recommended to Anvil Rock ( YES ANET IS ACTUALLY RECOMMENDING AR AS A SERVER FOR NEW PLAYERS) and come in wondering where the epic battles they were promised are and leave the game all together feeling ripped off due to having them open at all. Best way to run off new players and shoot yourself in the foot is show all the new guys coming in a dead game so they leave. It is like going to a car dealership and them showing you a rusted out jalopy as the best they have instead of the Ferrari when you come in to buy a sports car. They are just running off new players by doing so.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

in WvW

Posted by: gaspara.4079

gaspara.4079

Personally I think they just need to find a way to better explain the difference between the WvW experiences. Since the rest of the game is megaservered WvW is the only place this matters.

Speaking as someone who has played kitten and everywhere in between. I can tell you that servers can be fun or miserable at any level if you enjoy some of the main themes of that level.

Upper Tiers – There is always mass scale fighting going on and both attacks and defenses happening. However it is quite difficult for a single player to make a large impact overall other than the occasional well hidden keep mesmer and of course a good commander. Additionally at certain times its not even possible to play at all because of max pops and queues. 24 Hour population coverage ends up deciding these Tiers as much or more than player ability.

Middle Tiers – These have a good balance of large scales and situations and times for lone players and small groups to have a tangible impact on the match. This is the ideal place for most players to play as they can both learn in larger groups and individually contribute in roaming squads and havoc groups.

Lower Tiers – This is a more casual environment as well as a solo players dream. With minimal resistance at non peak hours a single player or havoc squad can have a very large impact on the match. A handful of people can hold off an attack long enough for more to arrive even during peak hours. However you are unlikely to encounter large 40 v 40 battles on a regular basis at this level, so if large scale warfare is your primary goal it may not be for you.

If Anet were to somehow inform people about the differences between the three main tiers of WvW competition it may allow more people to choose a server that currently sits in the zone that they prefer.

Closing down servers shortly before releasing an expansion is a bad idea.

in WvW

Posted by: Noia.9413

Noia.9413

I, the feared Avenger of the Pass, most definitely concur.

One of the reasons I chose to wage war on behalf of the realm that I did is because I WANT a massively outnumbered fight. Pride in the land that I hail from is part of it, but being in a low tier, struggling valiantly against the odds instead of just having easy victories handed to you — that is where the adventure is. That is where the glory of the Mist War lies.

Why should I have to ally with an evil dominion like Ehmry Bay or Stormbluff Isle?

An avenger of the Pass.

The Feared Intelligence Chief of Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Most servers are not “dead” they just have major gaps in there time zones. Its not realty a GW2 problem its an RvR problem you simply cant forces ppl who tend to play during NA time zones (the main population of NA worlds) to play during the off times. The only true fix is to some how make world wide servers some how making all lag equal or make off time zones less point rich (both of these have major problems.)

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

SF is not dead, I been fighting them all day. They just golem rushed our bl hills, so gg for them.

This.

Sf isn’t dead (especially in prime time when there are plenty of players), but it does go through “dead times.”.

The causes of dead times are twofold.

(1) Higher tier servers have poached all off hour coverage
(2) Players who blob and get wiped a few times quit, especially if a commander quits and nobody else tags up.

So half of the solution is to just command better. There are enough SF to get out of t8 for sure. I know, I’ve fought them.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in WvW

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Most servers are not “dead” they just have major gaps in there time zones. Its not realty a GW2 problem its an RvR problem you simply cant forces ppl who tend to play during NA time zones (the main population of NA worlds) to play during the off times. The only true fix is to some how make world wide servers some how making all lag equal or make off time zones less point rich (both of these have major problems.)

^^ This.

T8 has plenty of players, but they are all NA prime players.

That’s why merging servers accomplishes nothing, you are just merging a prime time NA blob with another prime time NA blob and off hours coverage issues are unchanged.

Anet created this flaw: a 24/7 game mode (but China and NA and EU don’t play on the same servers). Until the 24/7 problem is fixed, WvW is broken.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

^^ This.

T8 has plenty of players, but they are all NA prime players.

That’s why merging servers accomplishes nothing, you are just merging a prime time NA blob with another prime time NA blob and off hours coverage issues are unchanged.

Anet created this flaw: a 24/7 game mode (but China and NA and EU don’t play on the same servers). Until the 24/7 problem is fixed, WvW is broken.

See your trying to make it out as if this is something new that GW2 has ran into its not a GW2 problem its a game type problem all RvR games end up this way.

Also putting all of these on the same world you will need to make a build in delay system so ppl in NA dose not react faster then say some one in China and i am not sure if ppl in NA or whom ever is closest to the servers would enjoy that. I am still thinking making off times less point rich by putting ppk back and making ppt not as big is a better way of going about this but it makes ppl who play in the off times less important.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I am still thinking making off times less point rich by putting ppk back and making ppt not as big is a better way of going about this but it makes ppl who play in the off times less important.

You are only thinking in terms of scoring. As you said, you can’t make people who are NA play in off-times. The off-times population is smaller and some places are ghost towns for fights.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Synosius.9876

gaspara’s idea is good. separating the tiers by color is ambiguous and does not help anet’s customers find an enjoyable wvw experience.

The bronze servers are not dead, theres just not as many players who wvw every day. Often times the match up winner comes down to just a few players that enjoy the wvw game mode most of all.

a quick story, a returning player got in our ts channel that had around 20ppl and asked… why is game so dead? How can a person ask that when theres 20ppl coordinating a defense in just one channel out of many that also had players doing other activities?

Ppl see what they want to see.

I have played in gold through to bronze, the main difference as I see it, the blobs dont swell to enormous sizes but the in-between times are mostly the same. we build siege, scout, havoc, walk yaks just the same but fighting rarely gets past the 30v30.

Because of the smaller zergs, there’s few guild groups hunting enemy blobs. the fighting is intertwined with capturing objectives. Communication is more person to person rather than guild leaders talking and handing down orders.

I think this is where players unfamiliar with their fellow realm mates have trouble and think their server is dead. If youre in bronze, you cant just ask your guild where the action is but instead, you need a long friends list, you need to get on ts and be involved.

(edited by Synosius.9876)

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

This sums it up nicely.

Prove it. Gayle recently posted about the population surging for some time now. Yet you claim to have better population metrics the the game developers?

I think they know precisely where their customers stand. How do you expect folks to listen to your perspective, when you make such large claims, that has so much evidence supporting the contrary?

You prove it. Because there’s no way population is surging. Unless, of course, they’re including EotM karma trainers in the numbers — which they’ve done in the past. They’ve given themselves a pretty bad reputation when it comes to trustworthiness.

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Sorrows Furnace is possibly the most empty NA server, so that may be a part of the problem. Most of the low tier servers aren’t as bad off as the people in t1-3 think. It is a place where people who don’t like zerging go. Yes there are occasional Zergs, but it’s fun to try to zerg bust On Kaineng, we just left t8, and have perfectly fine coverage.
Another tip is to find an active WvW guild that suits the playstyle you like. There are guilds for zerging/larger groups, havoc groups, and roaming. Ask around in map chat, I doubt you will be entirely ignored, unless SF is THAT dead (I know you guys are in a pretty bad spot). If all else fails, transfer, Kaineng will take you
P.S. If you don’t like fighting outmanned, than low tier roaming isn’t for you

Sure am glad to hear that about Kaineng. It is my original server, and even though I am enjoying my recent transfer to T2, I miss Kaineng wvw, as everyone out there always tried so hard, even when it had gotten so deserted. Plus, I was there for such a long, long time.

I still belong to the guild on Kaineng, and they have been telling me the same thing…..that Kaineng is improving in wvw.

Makes me smile a lot to know that.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

You prove it. Because there’s no way population is surging. Unless, of course, they’re including EotM karma trainers in the numbers — which they’ve done in the past. They’ve given themselves a pretty bad reputation when it comes to trustworthiness.

It already has been proven. You simply ignore it in the name of saltiness. Such as claiming they are not trust worthy. I have seen no evidence of that. All I have seen is aggressive posters, such as yourself, make accusation, forcing them to rein in on posting and communication, by aattacking, over analyzation, and twisting everything they share, in the name of your saltiness, as you do here.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Posted by: rashkin.9530

rashkin.9530

I just returned to play after 2 years and I don’t know what happened but my server Sorrow’s Furnace is dead in WvW, I can never find a big group and most of the time I have the bonus buff because we are outnumbered, its really pathetic the state of WvW here. So why not merge the T8 servers or give free transfers or something, I don’t even find myself motivated to play WvW because its so boring atm, and I don’t think its fair to pay $20 just to transfer to other server so I can have some fun.

Sounds like you already are completely reliant on everyone else to have fun anyway, so what difference does it make? Pay the 1800 gems, or make your own fun. All the tools and opportunities are there for the taking.

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

That’s non sense and you likely know it.

We all know that WvW-player hours (and numbers) seriously went down during 2014. My subjective impression is it’s at around 20-30% of it’s one year ago numbers in EU.

The number of severs is much to high now, 9 would likely be enough to let all EU-player play without queue.

ANets very slow reaction time to that problem turned out to be quite disastrous for the fun of playing WvW.

And concerning the expansion: A new map will not improve fun if it will be empty or unbalanced. I hope even ANet noticed that and that parallel to the expansion (but for all not only for expansion owners) also match-structure and server change.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Is say SF isn’t ‘dead’ as much as it lacks dedicated WvW guilds leading the charge day in and day out, spamming for people to get into voice comms, training players up to become good PvPers, helping people get appropriate gear etc.

During my visits to T8, I found a LOT of players during NA prime, but all very scattered and directionless. Not my kind of play style I’m afraid.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

As stressful as fighting outnumbered fights are, constantly watching when you’re running upgrades because you know the second you turn your back they will pop out of the bushes and pounce on you, and losing week after week after week, it’s still less stressful than fighting to hold on to 18th-23rd fearing the inevitable. More training and especially more people will get you out of 24th, but anyone that comes here will most likely not stay for the long haul, so there you are again, stuck in a position you may not be able to handle whether it be for lack of coverage or lack of training, stressing yourself and your server mates out fighting to hold off your decline. That’s what happened to SF over the last 2 years, that’s what has happened to other servers that were in or near 24th. SF won’t be stuck in 24th till end of game, but she won’t make it to 1st-4th either without becoming a major bandwagon. If you seek instant high level blobbing, transferring now is the way to go, if you seek rising, falling and constant chaos and stress, then any server from tier 6-8 is the way to go.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Anima.8521

Sounds like you already are completely reliant on everyone else to have fun anyway, so what difference does it make? Pay the 1800 gems, or make your own fun. All the tools and opportunities are there for the taking.

rely on other people to have fun in a multiplayer game… shocker, that’s the kittening point why else would I play an mmo, and thats even more important in this game, the Mist shouldn’t be a ghost town.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

anet is totally afraid of the players backlash if they force a server merger….

but i have seen MMO where all the major guilds in the game asking for merge and the provider refuse to do it, so what many players did it is they stacked on the strongest server….

and eventually, the game is discontinued, lol

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: darkwarder.3645

darkwarder.3645

Is say SF isn’t ‘dead’ as much as it lacks dedicated WvW guilds leading the charge day in and day out, spamming for people to get into voice comms, training players up to become good PvPers, helping people get appropriate gear etc.

During my visits to T8, I found a LOT of players during NA prime, but all very scattered and directionless. Not my kind of play style I’m afraid.

SF’s dedicated WvW guilds transferred a long time ago. There’s a couple guilds that I see regularly, but they have like 3 or 4 people in WvW. For SF, a dozen people is a huge zerg…and rare. I’d love if some major WvW guilds from top servers wanted the challenge of bringing SF up in tiers, but I don’t see that happening. For all the people calling SF’ers liars about WvW population, please transfer here. We’ve been the dead last NA WvW server for…well, I don’t know how many months. We’re getting spawn camped to tonite by Borliss Pass…yay us!

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

I believe anet will never do away with the server system for wvw. However, I do believe at some point lower tiered servers will be combined into an alliance or something like that. I envision Tiers 1 and 2 being left alone, Tiers 3 and 4 being combined, and Tiers 5-8 being combined, or something along those lines.

Osu

in WvW

Rimmy.9217

We’ve been the dead last NA WvW server for…well, I don’t know how many months.

Eight weeks, if you include the current week.

in WvW

Synosius.9876

http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups/histories

SF took rank 24 for the first timer ever, at week 51 which was 7 weeks ago. The highest rank they ever obtained was 15 and held for 3 weeks. SF has consistently held rank 17-22 for roughly 2 years.

I think ET has spent alot more time at 24.

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups/histories

SF took rank 24 for the first timer ever, at week 51 which was 7 weeks ago. The highest rank they ever obtained was 15 and held for 3 weeks. SF has consistently held rank 17-22 for roughly 2 years.

I think ET has spent alot more time at 24.

Yes, ET spent more time in 24th, but they also started at rank 3. They’ve gotten a chance to fight servers that dedicated SF’ers can only dream of. You can’t compare the paths of our 2 servers.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Once you get past the rah rah server pride, lets build something together nonsense. You realize that it is all pie in the sky talk, and the best way to actually enjoy a game that you play may indeed be simply transferring.

IMO the only thing worse than server-hopping is staying on a ded one where you have no fun.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Once you get past the rah rah server pride, lets build something together nonsense. You realize that it is all pie in the sky talk, and the best way to actually enjoy a game that you play may indeed be simply transferring.

IMO the only thing worse than server-hopping is staying on a ded one where you have no fun.

That’s true, but it also reinforces the cycle and makes it profitable for Anet to simply sit on their thumbs with WvW.

Pick your poison.

(edited by TeamBattleAxe.3901)

in WvW

King Amadaeus.8619

That’s true, but it also reinforces the cycle and makes it profitable for Anet to simply sit on their thumbs with WvW.

True, but the cycle exists because it is valid. I think a lot of people overestimate how many are using real money to transfer.

I honestly do not know one person that as used RL money to buy gems for a transfer. I almost never PVE and found it fairly easy to farm up enough gold to buy gems to transfer 3-4 times. And I will continue to do it as needed.

Regarding ANET doing anything with WvW, that will come from an external force (IE: some competition doing WvW/RvR better pulling players from Gw2.), the cold hard truth is that WvW is the best thing going in that game mode right now in any game.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

True, but the cycle exists because it is valid. I think a lot of people overestimate how many are using real money to transfer.

I honestly do not know one person that as used RL money to buy gems for a transfer. I almost never PVE and found it fairly easy to farm up enough gold to buy gems to transfer 3-4 times. And I will continue to do it as needed.

Regarding ANET doing anything with WvW, that will come from an external force (IE: some competition doing WvW/RvR better pulling players from Gw2.), the cold hard truth is that WvW is the best thing going in that game mode right now in any game.

I did a bit of sight-seeing on other servers for a while out of boredom (using gold) and walked right into the middle of more than one mass exodus. I agree that gold is the primary means of transfer, but I saw quite a few go out of pocket if their entire guild wasn’t getting paid for by another server. And with the rate that certain large guilds jump servers… well, it’s a sizeable chunk of money for doing literally nothing.

And you’re absolutely correct that things won’t change until they’re forced to. I’m hoping Black Desert will be that catalyst, but I’m not holding my breath.

in WvW

King Amadaeus.8619

CU might be worth a look too..but history is not in favor of that happening.

GGTESO, GGWILDSTAR, GGAA.

Mag Server Leader