spy seige

spy seige

in WvW

Posted by: Slyk.1452

Slyk.1452

getting pretty ridiculous in CD/SOS/ WvW some clever scrupulous characters on SoS capping out our siege limit and gets worse and worse since several weeks ago, many times we cant place simple rams, or carts or anything to place defensive siege anywhere , theres bazillion arrow carts everywhere, , I don’t think is an intended feature, Anet can you elaborate if this is a legitimate tactic,? ,. . if so can you design place holder names on the siege when its dropped, to verify whos responsib;le, , were pretty sure we know the culprits, but if its an open sandbox tactic allowable than let us have names on the siege, so we can deal with it ourselves, its way out of control , and Crystal desert , or SBi is responsible ,

spy seige

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

Anet can you elaborate if this is a legitimate tactic?

I think that ANet considers this honest play. We got the same problem on TC in EB and reported this person over and over and over AND OVER, even mailing screenshot and videos and ANet never did anything about him.

The same for the person that gets in golems, jumps them off a cliff to destroy them, then rezzes to get in the next golem and destroy that too. Reported, screenshots… guy is still there.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

spy seige

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

No they don’t. At least not from the responses I got to my ticket on it, and a PM I got indictating they were having meetings on how to handle it. I think it will take a bit of time until they can come up with a fair way to decide how to handle this, because it will include account bans, and they don’t want to do this lightly.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

spy seige

in WvW

Posted by: Jex.6482

Jex.6482

Crystal desert , or SBi is responsible ,

I agree this is very annoying, but lets not point fingers… I’m sure it’s just some troll on SoS, B/c I doubt someone on a T4 server would pay $10 just to siege cap the enemy.

spy seige

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

I heard that ArenaNet does ban people for this … on Tier 1.

spy seige

in WvW

Posted by: Energetik.6471

Energetik.6471

There needs to be a limit dropped by one person on the map at one time, maybe unless a commander who can have unlimited. Then if it’s a commander doing these things it’s automatic banning.

Please refer to photo evidence.

Attachments:

spy seige

in WvW

Posted by: DeathByMonkies.7543

DeathByMonkies.7543

AFAIK Anet does ban for this. Our server (Sea of Sorrows) has been siege capped multiple times over the past few weeks because of someone placing siege all over the keep. Getting really annoying and its sad that this still happens in such a ‘low’ tier match…

spy seige

in WvW

Slyk.1452

we placed out a golem to kill it off to open room for siege , and strange how when crystal desert came across it they hesitated to destroy it , and took off, mean while sbi took it down without hesitation ,, and we placed siege in supply camps and same thing happened , crystal desrt hesitated and moved along , but soon after sbi took it down , ,. and them aren’t the only two times , seems theyres some internal knowledge about wwether or not to destroy our siege , which is by no means implying cd is completely responsiblem but it seems pretty obvious , to take orders not to take down a golem ,, hmmmmm

spy seige

in WvW

Posted by: Ichigo.5642

Ichigo.5642

I do have a idea for aanet, why don’t you give the commanders the ability to destroy our own sieges so that we can stop the people intentionally siege capping us, only idea i really have since aanet will not ban people for placing siege.

Attachments:

spy seige

in WvW

Ichigo.5642

we just lost some towers so we could build, then we see this. So now we can not build again and SBI and CD will not attack those because they know we are capped.

Attachments:

spy seige

in WvW

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

I saw an SoS commander placing a ton of flame rams (some even fully built) on a hill in EB on Thursday. I forgot to screenshot what guild he was with, but I ran him off and destroyed them all…..hard to believe someone would actually spend that much time and effort placing bs siege just to mess with a server.

spy seige

in WvW

Posted by: Myramist.2357

Myramist.2357

+1

This is not acceptable to have a few people ruin WvW for everyone else on the server. Please either lift siege ban or add a way for a commander to destroy

(edited by Myramist.2357)

spy seige

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

There needs to be a limit dropped by one person on the map at one time, maybe unless a commander who can have unlimited. Then if it’s a commander doing these things it’s automatic banning.

Please refer to photo evidence.

I don’t care for a limit on how much I can drop.

Not every commander is siegeing up a spot and are pushing while others take care of that and I’ve help by dropping siege. I’ll also toss down some for open fields and if I wasn some ballistas or arrow carts, I don’t care to have a limit.

I do agree that something does need to address the issue. Hard to do and not get legit players caught.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

spy seige

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

You have no proof this guy is doing it to grief the server.

In fact, since he is building arrow carts instead of flame rams, he might be thinking he’s helping the server while getting his ACHIEVEMENT POINTS for “Master of Disaster”.

You know, those crazy players that want to have the highest achievement points. We do have an achievement point leaderboard now and this guy could be looking to improve his ranking.

spy seige

in WvW

Ichigo.5642

Isaac, i guess you don’t play on SOS, if you saw how many siege we have at lowlands then you would understand, his building them so it is harder for us to take towers and counter the opposition. so yeah go figure

spy seige

in WvW

Posted by: Phedre Scion.1520

Phedre Scion.1520

Flame rams were inside our keeps last week. Same guy building them

spy seige

in WvW

Posted by: Energetik.6471

Energetik.6471

It will probably take as long as it did for them to fix culling…

They obviously have been told for 2 weeks now and have done nothing about it…

Can’t wait until TESO comes out…

spy seige

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I do have a idea for aanet, why don’t you give the commanders the ability to destroy our own sieges so that we can stop the people intentionally siege capping us, only idea i really have since aanet will not ban people for placing siege.

Yeah not a good idea. Griefer will simply buy a commander tag .. then you come back to a properly sieged tower or keep and find it all gone. Right as the enemy is at the gates.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

spy seige

in WvW

Posted by: Immolator.5640

Immolator.5640

we placed out a golem to kill it off to open room for siege , and strange how when crystal desert came across it they hesitated to destroy it , and took off, mean while sbi took it down without hesitation ,, and we placed siege in supply camps and same thing happened , crystal desrt hesitated and moved along , but soon after sbi took it down , ,. and them aren’t the only two times , seems theyres some internal knowledge about wwether or not to destroy our siege , which is by no means implying cd is completely responsiblem but it seems pretty obvious , to take orders not to take down a golem ,, hmmmmm

Omg suspicious behaviour! They couldn’t possibly have had something under attack to go save, could they?

Another thing, golems don’t count towards the siege cap

Commander Ezekiel The Paladin
Underworld Battalion [WvW] Leader (retired) – Gandara [EU]
All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

spy seige

in WvW

Slyk.1452

Lol hints of sarcasm , . ty for the imfo about golems , apparently they didn’t know either , hey friend if you see the mess we have youd understand , so politely , move along ,. go be rude elsewhere , I know you just a weird troll , with a million posts , enjoying yourself in happy forum land,..

spy seige

in WvW

Posted by: Jex.6482

Jex.6482

Well, I’m from CD and I’ve heard no talk of spies and I doubt SBI has anything to do with this either... You’re dealing with a troll, trolls feed from attention. The less attention they get the more likely they’ll move on. Try to ignore them (I know it’s hard), maybe after a bit they’ll go back where they came from. For now there’s not much you can do but put up with it.

spy seige

in WvW

Posted by: ARM.3912

ARM.3912

getting pretty ridiculous in CD/SOS/ WvW some clever scrupulous characters on SoS capping out our siege limit and gets worse and worse since several weeks ago, many times we cant place simple rams, or carts or anything to place defensive siege anywhere , theres bazillion arrow carts everywhere, , I don’t think is an intended feature, Anet can you elaborate if this is a legitimate tactic,? ,. . if so can you design place holder names on the siege when its dropped, to verify whos responsib;le, , were pretty sure we know the culprits, but if its an open sandbox tactic allowable than let us have names on the siege, so we can deal with it ourselves, its way out of control , and Crystal desert , or SBi is responsible ,

The more you publicize it, the more people that will do it. Kittens… I’m thinking about doing it right now!

spy seige

in WvW

Posted by: Soldier.1625

Soldier.1625

I am starting to doubt that siege de-spawns and that flame rams have a different cap. I have not seen any of the siege in SOS lowlands de-spawn. Also I don’t see rams anywhere in the map but we are capped. ANET can you please do something about this, it’s getting rather annoying.

X Jackal X – 80 Warrior| FaTe – Hand Of Fate http://www.hand-of-fate.net
SoS Commander (SoS since BW1)

spy seige

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

I propose an account bound siege cap. One account = 5 siege placements until they are destroyed/disappear.