[suggenstion] rework resurection in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

Implement a code that disables resurrection for the enemy, when the enemy has more players in a map or area. For example, in python:

if serg1 >= 20 in a radius 2500 from commander:
if serg1 > serg2 and serg1/serg2 >= 2/1:
print(“If you die, you suck.”)
serg1 resurrection disabled or slowed down
else:
serg1 resurrection enabled

In English words:
if serg1 has more than 20 in a radius of 2500 units from commander, and if serg 1 has more people that serg2 and if the the ratio of serg1 to serg2 is 2 to 1, then disable or slow down resurrection for serg1. Else, enable resurrection of serg1.

Now, I am not an expert in coding, but the PhD’s on your company can sure implement a state of the art code that could valance fights in WvW.

(edited by Hitman.5829)

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

What would this accomplish aside from an even greater incentive to blob up?

in WvW

Hitman.5829

Even fights!

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

Even fights!

yah no.

in WvW

OriOri.8724

Even fights!

Seriously? Only allowing the larger group, which already has an advantage, to rez their downed players will make the fights more even? Yea no, that’s not how it works. Maybe if it was the other way around, where only the smaller group could rez players it might be more even.

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Even fights!

Seriously? Only allowing the larger group, which already has an advantage, to rez their downed players will make the fights more even? Yea no, that’s not how it works. Maybe if it was the other way around, where only the smaller group could rez players it might be more even.

Isn’t that what he said? If the larger zerg has more than 20 and twice as many people as the smaller group the larger zerg won’t be able to rez.
This would let small groups focus targets and whittle away at the zerg, which would in turn help even out the fight.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

OriOri.8724

No, he said to disable resurrection if the enemy had more players than you did.

Implement a code that disables resurrection when the enemy has more players in a map or area.

Maybe he meant the opposite, but what he wrote would be an awful idea

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Implement a code that disables resurrection when the enemy has more players in a map or area.

Pretty sure English isn’t his first language. Judging by his code I’m pretty sure he meant the opposite.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Hitman.5829

I meant to say: “disable or slow down resurrection for the enemy serg that has more players than you.” I think that if your serg is smaller and manages to down 4 players, they should not be able to resurrect their downs.

WvW needs a huge balance; perhaps an example like this will work:
if you get down 1 or 2 times and if you get resurrected, then on your third down within 3 min you get a buff that prevents people from resurrecting you.

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

I think there should be a debuff for zergs OVER 20 people. If 2 – 20 man zergs, on the same side come together to make a bigger zerg, double the debuff. The more players in a zerg the bigger the debuff on the zerg and maybe even the whole side.

in WvW

Posted by: Kro.7984

Kro.7984

This idea would be very easy to exploit. Think about it for a bit and I think you can see how.

in WvW

Hitman.5829

This idea would be very easy to exploit. Think about it for a bit and I think you can see how.

There is no exploit with this, think about it for a bit and you can see how.

in WvW

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

I think Anet/Ncsoft needs to get off its collective kitten and fix wvw period…God knows there are no Ralph Koster’s among them but this is way past due.

in WvW

Posted by: Jacion.6302

Jacion.6302

So my guild squad splits in twine and pinch / flanks enemy zerg. Done deal. I gain more strategies in ts and get two of my commanders tagging at same time when we ppk harassing. You get to still be a bag.

Side note – serg? Zerg! Semantics.

Side note par deux ~ I use all the best punctuation!

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

Our downstate is already good now. So, no to this suggestion.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: miguelsil.6324

miguelsil.6324

Or just remove downstate completly because its stupid. Its down it lost. At most give some rez abilities like other games but with a long cast time and rooted while casting. With big cds just like warrior banner etc.

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

downstate is the mark of this game though.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

THey fixed it in a very efficient way by reducing the rally number to 1 per killed enemy.
The only time resses are a problem is when your allies are too bad to keep sustained dps on those enemies who actually go down. In other words it’s a standarsd l2p issue

in WvW

Posted by: miguelsil.6324

miguelsil.6324

Its down its dead. And thats how it should be period.

in WvW

Hitman.5829

Its down its dead. And thats how it should be period.

I also agree with this idea, if anet does not implement a balance, at least make it down = dead. Except for PvE.

in WvW

Hitman.5829

So my guild squad splits in twine and pinch / flanks enemy zerg. Done deal. I gain more strategies in ts and get two of my commanders tagging at same time when we ppk harassing. You get to still be a bag.

Side note – serg? Zerg! Semantics.

Side note par deux ~ I use all the best punctuation!

How is this an exploit? A huge blob is more effective, if you split you basically split the force by 1/2. If you split to 3 then 1/3 if you split to 5 then 1/5 etc… if you split to 50 (meaning everyone doing their own thing, then the force is 1/50) Your argument makes no sense.

Besides, the code measures the number of players within X range, the developers can make the range 5000 to count all the players within that range.

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I don’t think we will ever see downed state removed completely. Rampant ganking would lead to further bunkering of the wvw population.

Nor do I think we will see some super coding for a certain area’s fluctuating population in maps.

The one thing I could see, downed state and reviving tied to the out-numbered buff or something similar that covers an entire map’s population instead of little sections in it. And that has its own problems with things like small scale roamers always being outnumbered on an enemy bl regardless if the defenders field more numbers or less to counter.

So yes a localized population measure that affects downed state and res would be best, but its never going to be tied to players directly, more like a tile-system of the wvw maps. Which in itself again has problems once players figure out where tile boundries are.

tl;dr
there are likely easier avenues towards making bigger numbers not so forgiving.

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

cool idea could work.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Resurrection just makes larger zergs more powerful. If a player dies, they should have to port. That way a small group could engage a larger group and whittle them down. As it is now the largest zerg simply has to outlast a smaller one then it can completely reconstitute and continue on.

As for the downed state, the HP should be doubled and only one down state per 2 minutes. If a players goes down twice in 2 minutes, they have to port. This gives more time for a group to rally their friends but doesn’t allow a player to be continually brought back up.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”