tacticless

tacticless

in WvW

Posted by: Reikan.2908

Reikan.2908

Is there ever a way to get to use tactics, so far since ive played this game ive only seen zergs and only ‘tactics’ are deciding where the zerg should go. And sometimes when the zerg should retreat.

I am sure everyone could think of things to try out from splitting up or sneaking around or whatever else.

tacticless

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Is there ever a way to get to use tactics, so far since ive played this game ive only seen zergs and only ‘tactics’ are deciding where the zerg should go. And sometimes when the zerg should retreat.

I am sure everyone could think of things to try out from splitting up or sneaking around or whatever else.

Are you in your server’s teamspeak/mumble? Because tactics won’t be typed out on map chat

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

tacticless

in WvW

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

When you try to use tactics (like splitting up and attacking different objectives) you always end up coming across a zerg and because they have way more people they destroy you.

tacticless

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

When you try to use tactics (like splitting up and attacking different objectives) you always end up coming across a zerg and because they have way more people they destroy you.

So if their zerg is there killing you, your zerg could be taking their tower.

OMG STRATEGY

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

tacticless

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

The most viable way to experience a strategically played match in WvW would be to find a time machine and go back about 15 months. Just about every change since then has promoted a simple zerg play style … it seems to be the only thing ANet knows how to do. If you can’t find a time machine, the next best bet is to find a different game. WvW in GW2 had the potential to be the very best large scale open world strategy-based objective-oriented PvP game mode ever … but it isn’t, and it won’t be without a new game engine and a new regime running it.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

tacticless

in WvW

Reikan.2908

i am usually in my servers teamspeak. which kind of annoys me since they dont have any communication to the people not in teamspeak and dont read what people write in chat.
and then theres guilds which as far as i can see usually dont make things much better since they talk in their own teamspeak and guild chat but still are only zerging with everyone just even less communication to everyone.

today 2 zergs came and attacked our keep there was so many people it lagged the game and took me 3 minutes to switch weapons. i dont think zerging is a good thing for the game and i certainly dont think its a fun way to play

tacticless

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

OMG zerg rush kekekeke!

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

tacticless

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

The most viable way to experience a strategically played match in WvW would be to find a time machine and go back about 15 months. Just about every change since then has promoted a simple zerg play style … it seems to be the only thing ANet knows how to do. If you can’t find a time machine, the next best bet is to find a different game. WvW in GW2 had the potential to be the very best large scale open world strategy-based objective-oriented PvP game mode ever … but it isn’t, and it won’t be without a new game engine and a new regime running it.

The zergs the first few months after launch were even bigger (the player cap used to be higher) and dumber with nothing but ranged stand offs until some people eventually died.

I think anet could be doing a lot more to give WvW the tools needed in game to organize better with improved commander functionality and something like Battlefield style squad creation. It would take a significant investment in development resources though, and there’s no guarantee players would actually use it to make the map more of battlefield with smaller fights at more locations rather than 1 or 2 large zergs. For instance, Planetside has those kinds of features and it is often whopper zergs as well pushing a map.

tacticless

in WvW

Posted by: Alysia.4635

Alysia.4635

Yesterday night, we had in AR 3 armies between eb and ar bl. All in teamspeak.

Zerg is only a way to unmanage your players: as usual we were outnumbered by FC and DR (great players btw). but we were abale to resiste and couterstrike.
If u are a commander in an outnumbered server you have to use tactics and strategy or your ppl leave after the first fight.

Really I dont know about other servers, but, here in ar, our problems are not enemy zergs (lot of bags for us).

Ohh… btw if you dont like zergs, dont enter in eotm… ;D

tacticless

in WvW

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Mindless blobs spamming auto attack are heavily carried by the skill lag they cause. Removes the ability of those of us that depends on 2-0, F1-FX to actually do anything while auto attack gets carried on because it needs no input. Not very different from the old days of being veil bombed by people you aren’t rendering yet.

tacticless

in WvW

Posted by: Grav.3568

Grav.3568

No zergs in my tier.

vOv

tacticless

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Tactics used to be in wvw…Now its just mindless zergballs and 30m guilds that hold hands with 2 other 30man guilds because…Why not,if we start a lagfest lets go all out.No tactics are needed when you got so many people.Just brainless hordes allover the place.

tacticless

in WvW

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

i am usually in my servers teamspeak. which kind of annoys me since they dont have any communication to the people not in teamspeak and dont read what people write in chat.
and then theres guilds which as far as i can see usually dont make things much better since they talk in their own teamspeak and guild chat but still are only zerging with everyone just even less communication to everyone.

today 2 zergs came and attacked our keep there was so many people it lagged the game and took me 3 minutes to switch weapons. i dont think zerging is a good thing for the game and i certainly dont think its a fun way to play

Some times the tactics are discussed in the commander chat if your server uses it. A lot of times distraction/feint attack etc happen when the commander on map is ready to assault an important objective. Other times the commander is working on map strategy to force 2v1 on the other server. I don’t know what server you are in, but I see a lot of split attacks/distraction etc from both enemy servers and my server in my matches.

Blackgate Engineer

(edited by Reslinal.2359)

tacticless

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

Ppl always hyperbole everything its beyond dumb.

If you got two decent groups or more and you are all communiting well it can be very devasting, you just need good leadership and people on the same page.

If you think your servers leadership sucks tag up or shut up, or ofc, transfer.

Commander Nachonix

tacticless

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Simple answer: Yes.

tacticless

in WvW

Reikan.2908

im on fergusons crossing, people on our server play well but never seen a tactic.
i guess we do have low numbers which can make things hard and alot of people tag just because there is no one else available to do so. i definitely dont have a problem with them but just never any organisation.

im not very strong or experienced in the game yet so i wouldnt be able to tag myself.

but i do always have alot of awareness with these kinds of things and just feel like i have to change them. just disappointing because i know would be more fun to try other things.

tacticless

in WvW

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

its all about gathering most people and bombing .
sight on sight fight? avoid it.
you started a one vs one fight and your opponent fights back? run back to your zerk.
i started doing spvp more lately its simply better and at least needs a sort of skill and thinking.

action combat made mmos better lol

tacticless

in WvW

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

They need to remove the 5 player limit on AoE. That’s why people stack up.
Stacking reaps the benefits of granting allies AoE buffs, but incoming AoE attacks only hit 5 people. So, it’s easy just to hope you don’t take any damage and stay stacked to keep being buffed.

Until they fix that, it will always be lagfests and zergs spamming autoattacks.

This is exactly why I choose to roam.

tacticless

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

Strategy helps you win, whether you have a zerg or not. You can split off an take crap, and reball when you are outnumbered. You have scouts roaming to give you info, so you can plan on where to go.

I guess you guys don’t defend keeps from those zergs, cause strategy can be involved in those battles. A bad plan will almost always lead to failure.

Also, when all maps aren’t queued, tactics are really what will play out if you are actually trying to win the match. You need to have a plan on where to attack, and what to attack, and pay attention to what the enemy is doing.