tactics going public on their own !!!

in WvW

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

This needs to be fixed ASAP!!!!
Today I kept turning public tactivators off public on sm but it keeps going open for public on its own.

This means that there is LITERALLY no way anymroe to stop trolls for enemy servers to pull tactics !!

My guess is everytime someone in the guild that has the claim leaves the map it it goes public AUTOMATICALLY !

This needs to be fixed ASAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

There was a time when private tacts either worked this way, the guild members with pulling privileges didnt pull them or the guild members on the map didnt have privileges, it was a mess.

For the sake of argument though, let’s say that a big guild with 50 or so players and guarantees that atleast 1 of them is playing 24/7 has claimed the objective, in that case, there would be cause to be angry about this inconvenience.

Now, let’s say a 5 man guild holds the claim on Bay, set the tacts to private and all 5 logged off 2 hours before it was hit.

Do you really want the tacts to stay private when no guild membees are around? Not to mention that just because a guild claimed an objective doeant mean they added the tacts. The guild provides the aura and the ability to make tacts private even of they didn’t add them apparently while on the map, and that seems ok to me, otherwise you’d see an increase in troll guild claims with private tacts checked and everyone in that guild logging off and on to their alts on other servers then hitting that objective and most likely getting it.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Posted by: Nevaahe.6308

Nevaahe.6308

It was never a bug, and working as intended. When ALL guild members leave a map, tactics go public, has been this way since HoT beta. This is so others can use them when there is no one available on the map to pull it, the objective does not belong to your guild, you merely claimed it.

in WvW

Posted by: Endelon.1042

Endelon.1042

This is definitely a bug. I made a post about it a few weeks ago on here but got no reply.

A few weeks ago I had something claimed with my guild and I neither stopped repping my guild nor left the map but the tactivators still kept switching to public periodically. I even adjusted the guild ranks so that only I could set things to private/public in case someone was messing with me, but it was still switching back to public randomly. It seems to be caused by guild members coming into (or possibly leaving) the map, whether or not they are repping at the time.

Edit: my post on this https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/private-tactivators-are-currently-bugged/first#post6633998

(edited by Endelon.1042)

in WvW

Posted by: AllNightPlayer.1286

AllNightPlayer.1286

If no guild member with the permission to acivate tactics is on the map anymore, the system reverts back to “public“. It’s some kind of security mechanism to avoid sabotages from a guild. Since the guild doesn’t even need to put in all the tactics, which can also be put in by “random” people, it’s a good thing.
And if the remaining members start representing other guilds, it also counts as “no members” on the map anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

It’s some kind of security mechanism to avoid sabotages from a guild. Since the guild doesn’t even need to put in all the tactics

Right here. Honestly, Anet needs to go a step further and if the available tactic slots are not slotted within 2 minutes, then the objective should become public again to claim/guild gets kicked off.

in WvW

Posted by: AllNightPlayer.1286

AllNightPlayer.1286

Right here. Honestly, Anet needs to go a step further and if the available tactic slots are not slotted within 2 minutes, then the objective should become public again to claim/guild gets kicked off.

Nah, that’s too drastic. You have to keep in mind, that a claimed object provides Guild Objective Aura, which can very useful for roamers, who are running near by, as well for defenders.

in WvW

Posted by: FXLEACH.9436

FXLEACH.9436

I’ve noticed this too. I’m in a small wvw guild and nobody was turning the tactivators back to public after I had turned them on private, to prevent trolls, yet the tactivators constantly went back to public activation. Quite annoying when trying to focus on commanding and winning fights.

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

Most of the people who use tactics wrongly are just people who dont know what they do, noobs in WvW or people coming back to game. I did it at least twice when HoT came out. Even people who miss clicking F on the supply depot.

Of course there are a few trolls and spies but they still cant remove Presence of the keep, iron guards, stealth fountain etc, which are already powerful enough to warrant putting in the tactics. At least theyre not siegecapping the keep with random ballistas anymore.

I think there shouldnt even be private option, it would be much easier to claim the keep during morning when we cap it with some PvE guild and then turn it on private and go afk, than use tactics every 30 minutes.

Also my opinion is that presence of the keep, claim buff, emergency waypoint, stealth fountain and airship defence should be removed/nerfed considering defending team already has the respawn-/siegeadvantage because nothing is more boring than common occurance in t1 where everyone has t3 keeps except red map, cuz no1 cba to def red map and upgraded keeps with presence of the keep being impossible to win fights in..

Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

(edited by Threather.9354)

in WvW

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

It was never a bug, and working as intended. When ALL guild members leave a map, tactics go public, has been this way since HoT beta. This is so others can use them when there is no one available on the map to pull it, the objective does not belong to your guild, you merely claimed it.

I never left the map for hours and the tactics kept going public every now and then.
Switching to rep a different guild did NOT proc the bug to make it public tho.

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

in WvW

Posted by: Fremtid.3528

Fremtid.3528

Also my opinion is that presence of the keep, claim buff, emergency waypoint, stealth fountain and airship defence should be removed/nerfed considering defending team already has the respawn-/siegeadvantage because nothing is more boring than common occurance in t1 where everyone has t3 keeps except red map, cuz no1 cba to def red map and upgraded keeps with presence of the keep being impossible to win fights in..

This is ridiculous considering arrow carts are now useless for defense if the opposing zerg uses a shield generator.

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

This is ridiculous considering arrow carts are now useless for defense if the opposing zerg uses a shield generator.

Well tbf, the main issue for me is that no-one currently wants to go inside enemy keeps if its strong zerg vs strong zerg because the other server will have 800 extra stats, siege, tactics, siege, respawn, lord, portals, walls and other crap.

Defending was more balanced before when basically defending team had bunch of chances to wipe enemy but none of these over-the-top buffs:

• When enemy hits the outer walls (siege is up, can hold choke when wall/gate is down), normally about to get through when defenders arrive
  • When enemy is taking down inner, normally closed space for attackers so defenders can use portals/siege to their advantage
  • Enemy pushing through inner opening, siege up again, people on walls ready to freecast
  • Enemy killing lord, normally time to run back once more

Keeps are ment to be flipped by considerably stronger enemy, but currently you just have to be god of war while enemy are some kind of ppt monsters to flip t3 keep while enemy has equal numbers inside.

Airship defence is just autowin against zerg, Stealth fountain makes it impossible for 5 man group to take down inner gate with 5 man group stealthing every 5 seconds.
Emergency waypoint is kinda okay to have, just not the kitten 400 or 800 extra stats that make even dueling near SM unfair. At least nerfing the claim buff to half would be welcome change.

Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

(edited by Threather.9354)