the impact of free transfers on wvw?

in WvW

Posted by: ako.8973

ako.8973

I thought this would’ve been sorted weeks ago with the obvious negative impact it is having on wvw as a whole.

edit: Seems my thread title has been edited for me, I asked for a red response to this issue .

Big Picture
Desolation ~ Just the [Tip]

(edited by ako.8973)

in WvW

Posted by: Daedalus.3954

Daedalus.3954

Having? Had. It’s killing interest for a ton of people. However, "WvW is only one aspect of the game. " will be the excuse here. It’s sad, but I don’t think they realise just how much of the population is effected by this. Things like PvE (farming zones become either overrun or ghost towns), the BLTC market, etc. Everything changes quite a bit when one server dies and others get taken over.

IMO, they needed to make a change on this a month ago. I don’t see them hurrying to do so.

Commander Kaena Godsfire – Guardian
Server – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

ako.8973

I’m sure they know it’s an issue, they’re not fools, their stats must show transfer trash jumping to winning servers on a weekly basis and the negative impact that can cause to both the server being jumped from and the one being jumped to.

Pretty sure I speak for a lot of people here when I say I’d like to know their thoughts/feelings/plans about this issue.

Big Picture

in WvW

Posted by: Daedalus.3954

Daedalus.3954

We all would, what I’m saying is this is probably the 500th post requesting that, and you shouldn’t get your hopes up for an answer that isn’t “We’re working on it.”

Commander Kaena Godsfire – Guardian
Server – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

ako.8973

If the question keeps being asked, it means there’s been no satisfactory response yet, gotta keep asking.

Big Picture

in WvW

Posted by: mangarrage.1062

mangarrage.1062

I don;t think it is really an issue of whether or not they know it. It is a question of why haven’t they changed it, or even addressed it.
All we have seen is some guy try to tell us that more people switched to lower ranked servers then higher
As I guess in someway that could be correct. IE full ta guilds migrating to lower servers, but I think we all know there is movement to about 6 servers total and not 24

in WvW

Posted by: Zahdane.4029

Zahdane.4029

The only replies I see from devs lately regarding WvW are deleting of posts and very terse / rude comments with next to zero explanation.

These are not the droids you are looking for.

Zahzah – Stormbluff Isle
Asura Engineer