the 'jump on their corpse' thread

in WvW

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

In response to the ‘good fight’ thread, which is rather silly in the context of a WvW game, I leave here the ‘jump on their corpse’ thread that is really what most of us feel when we fight and kill or get killed by other players in WvW.

If there are encounters where you wanted to or did jump on your enemies’ corpse as a show of barbarism as is fitting of a WvW bloodlust inducing game mode, and didn’t get to do it enough or add the enemy into your chat to continue the blood-letting blood-curling rage induced cussing and fisticuffs, feel free to post here.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in WvW

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Well if they are playing sustain druid, marauder warrior, or pu condi mesmer, I am inclined to do a few nonchalant hops on their corpse. This is also a really good way to get people to hate mail you.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

The rage one single key can cause, hilarious.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

There was a MIMs marauder/knights berserker, mace/shield-GS on Angry Rock. He liked to throw siege on people when his guild ganked them. It was fun downing him, jumping, laughing, throwing siege and forcing him to bleed out. He became target number 1 for the rest of the match up.

Was it griefing? I like to think of it as teaching him the lesson of what you do to others will return to you many times over.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I thought it was mandatory to throw siege on everyone in WvW, including allies?

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Pelto.9364

Pelto.9364

Started playing revenant zerk/hammer. What a joy as I’m noob player, previously easy target. Jumped on the spawn campers corpses. Then was number 1 target for them – he he. These top-skilled players came for easy kills, but leaved as corpses.

Now I know why people like to play high damage builds. Easy winning. No average player like to play profs/builds which require top-skilled player to work.

in WvW

Posted by: Draeyon.4392

Draeyon.4392

Carry around stacks of candy corn.
Once victory is achieved, spam it until your character throws up in detest of their cheese builds or cheese tactics.

Or in honor of fallen foes, throw a piece of siege with a fire field to give mighty warriors the funeral pure they deserve.

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I’ll do it occasionally if the person is a jerk or running a cheese build and I kill them. Most of the people I drop that put up a good fight, i’ll salute them or let them get back up and not even spike them. The trolls that like to gank in groups but die easily when they’re alone get siege dropped on them and about 20 /laughs until they rage whisper me or port away in silent shame. Also anyone that’s condi will always be spiked and laughed at if i drop them.

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

/laugh enter ^ enter ^ enter ^ enter ^ enter…

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Lahm.7056

Lahm.7056

I remember being near home spawn camp (water camp) after capping it then proceeded to the nearby sentry while being on the phone and because of the camera angle, I didn’t see 3 enemies approaching me so I got jumped and didn’t even react since I knew I’d be dead, so I got stomped and remained there dead while finishing my phone call. The enemies who just had killed me went to flip the camp but the lord buff was still quite fresh so they returned to the sentry, one of the enemies stood by my corpse and threw a ballista blueprint on top of me then left to the others.

I thought I was at least worth a flame ram or a catapult..

Lancelot – Guardian – Deso – Hyperreal [PAL]
- Proudly not going to go DH -
I’m looking at you, Rev..

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

works nice only with Nuhoch tonic
learn to be salty

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in WvW

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

when are we getting a ram thread?

in WvW

Posted by: Tyrx.2471

Tyrx.2471

Flame rams and catapults? Pssh. Golems is where it’s all at.

in WvW

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I love it when people dance on my corpse — it means they aren’t out doing something costing my server points. I love it when enemies rage at my allies dancing on their corpses — it means they are losing it and are likely to take a break, spending less time costing my server points.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in WvW

Posted by: Lahm.7056

Lahm.7056

No kidding, one of my guildies got sieged stomped with an omega golem, I guess you can say there’s luxury in siege stomping too.

Lancelot – Guardian – Deso – Hyperreal [PAL]
- Proudly not going to go DH -
I’m looking at you, Rev..

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

I have often thought, why is it a big deal when there finishers such as the llama dancing on a corpse or a cow sitting on the corpse?

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

No kidding, one of my guildies got sieged stomped with an omega golem, I guess you can say there’s luxury in siege stomping too.

Not just siege stomping, but mid animation for stomps, use a tonic. Quaggan and Tree stomps be my favourite, especially tree cuz tree can’t be knocked back or feared.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

in WvW

Offair.2563

I have often thought, why is it a big deal when there finishers such as the llama dancing on a corpse or a cow sitting on the corpse?

Exactly. Although i really love the rage whispers just because you use one key.

Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: HatSimulator.9362

HatSimulator.9362

Well if they are playing sustain druid, marauder warrior, or pu condi mesmer, I am inclined to do a few nonchalant hops on their corpse. This is also a really good way to get people to hate mail you.

whats marauder warrior? is that condi or just a warrior with PTVF gear? Seems like an odd hatred.

Also, i always jump on mesmers, thieves and rangers.

Gates of Madness [DUI]
Main Warrior | Every other class at 80
I only play WvW

in WvW

Cecilia.5179

whats marauder warrior? is that condi or just a warrior with PTVF gear? Seems like an odd hatred.

Marauder Warriors are the ones that are basically immune to everything half the time, do insane damage, and using greatsword to nab the still unnerfed adrenal health. They like to run damage reduction food or regen food. I find them somewhat cheesy but less cheesy than pu mesmer or sustain druid.

Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in WvW

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

This is great! I wouldn’t even be mad.

As with all things i think its about the effort.

If you are gonna throw siege on their bodies throw guild siege or omegas.

If you are gonna jump on their corpse consume a presigous transformation item first.

Or be creative in some other way. For example i would never have thought of using candy corn that way.

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

OP its simple, we remove every spacebar so people cant jump anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

works nice only with Nuhoch tonic
learn to be salty

I beg to differ, ursan tonic with /cry/cry/cry spamm is much better.

in WvW

Offair.2563

Oya when people cj you, and you happen to have a balloon with ya just pop it, works being dead on the floor.

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

I’m fairly sure I was the first person to be quad golem body jumped. Way back when servers were servers, ABL was ABL, DBL wasn’t even a vision and I was a scrubby bronze something single-handily defending Briar against 4 invading golems.

Yes, it’s funny now, but at the time, twas kind of ridiculous.

Many others have since tried to replicate the outrage this manuver caused, but none have come close to the first time.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

corpse jumping, laying siege on corpses, whispering enemies after dying, tbh. everything signs of a really pitiful character. I never get the kittens spamming whispers, emotes and jumps on corpses. Winning in GW2 is more often than not a matter of the dumbest cheeese build and not of personal skill anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: Dipdoo.4861

Dipdoo.4861

Marauder Warriors are the ones that are basically immune to everything half the time, do insane damage, and using greatsword to nab the still unnerfed adrenal health. They like to run damage reduction food or regen food. I find them somewhat cheesy but less cheesy than pu mesmer or sustain druid.

I think Adrenal Health was nerfed actually.
And real Manchildren use zerker gear for the full feeling of driving your enemies before you.

Big Cat Dipdoo ~ Warrior, Caeda Ripstep ~ Revenant, Braum Has Arrived ~ Guardian [SQD]
“It’s time to Rim Ram their Jim Jams.”

(edited by Dipdoo.4861)

in WvW

Posted by: MaLeVoLenT.8129

MaLeVoLenT.8129

I get jumped on daily by QQ of BG.

~The Mad Court~ [OnS]Onslaught GM
Malevolent Omen -Guardian
Mad King Mal -Rev

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Our guild tends to run solo players but excessive celebration over an outnumbered win will often have us create a gank squad where we spend a week or so ganking everyone in their guild (including blowing them up in the middle of zergs). We are certainly not the only roamer/gank squad that does this either so corpse jump at your guilds peril.

Funny enough, we hunt for fun since killing randoms got boring three years ago. Most of our guild doesn’t even play anymore unless we pull them out of another game to guild hunt. Without these faux made up mini-games, I don’t think we would keep playing.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I tend to not get so emotionally attached to my time in WvW, so corpse jumping never really occurs as a thing to do. The other players may as well just be NPCs that I obliterated – it’s all the same to me.

When I see other people corpse jumping or doing other weird emotional things, I just raise my left Vulkan eyebrow and similarly move on.

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

corpse jumping, laying siege on corpses, whispering enemies after dying, tbh. everything signs of a really pitiful character. I never get the kittens spamming whispers, emotes and jumps on corpses. Winning in GW2 is more often than not a matter of the dumbest cheeese build and not of personal skill anyway.

About the same way I feel.

I try to avoid mockery or sending hatemail although my short temper does get the better of me at times.

For the most part, I save emoting or siege burials for those really special individuals that I see doing it to everyone else or someone who’s just trying way too hard to kill me. Examples being: This Gold rank Sylvari Thief from [Caps] who emotes at everyone he kills. I killed him a few times and did it back to him to see how he liked it and of course he sent me a bunch of angry whispers. Or this Warrior who chased me down on my Ranger, I escaped from a zerg with 10% health then this guy chased me across the map. Only reason I emoted after I won was because he chased me from frigging Mendon’s to the Anzalias sentry…

You should never feel good for making someone else feel bad. If you’re going to mock someone, at least try to have a good reason other than “they killed me before so I don’t like them now.”

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Dhemize.8649

Dhemize.8649

“They killed me before so I don’t like them now” has been the drive for a lot of the fights though. Typically you see players hide/run from fights but if you stomp them and sit on their corpse it spurs a need for vengeance. They’ll be driven to chase and fight you more often.. and hopefully still lose.

in WvW

Posted by: HatSimulator.9362

HatSimulator.9362

ohhh kitten… I play that.

Gates of Madness [DUI]
Main Warrior | Every other class at 80
I only play WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I get pretty ticked off some times in WvW, but that’s usually only when I’m the dead one. If I’ve won a fight, I’ll move on or bow if it was a 1v1 situation.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

I like when I kill someone in an outnumbered fight and his friends stop to siege bury him. Has happened a few times.

I don’t personally care if someone does it to me. I’ll occasionally pm them to complain if they used low quality siege after I’ve put up a good fight, but all in good fun.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

(edited by Choppy.4183)

in WvW

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

For the most part, I save emoting or siege burials for those really special individuals that I see doing it to everyone else

Always good to let people try their own medicine, maybe they learn something from it. But honestly, imo the behaviour on the battlefield got worse over the years. I can remember times where guild fight´s ended with emotes of respect for each other or if you had a 1v1 and some people inced, got you down, your initial enemy bowed and apologized. Nowadays there is less sportsmanship unfortunately.

in WvW

Posted by: Samug.6512

Samug.6512

If I kill someone that did some nasty stuff, like corpse jumping etc, I usually just pull up my SAB Radio, /sit by the corpse and play music.

Carry around stacks of candy corn.
Once victory is achieved, spam it until your character throws up in detest of their cheese builds or cheese tactics.

Oh god, that’s so nasty.

in WvW

Cecilia.5179

I think Adrenal Health was nerfed actually.
And real Manchildren use zerker gear for the full feeling of driving your enemies before you.

Adrenal health was nerfed in PvP only

#CleanTheSlate

in WvW

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I get pretty ticked off some times in WvW, but that’s usually only when I’m the dead one. If I’ve won a fight, I’ll move on or bow if it was a 1v1 situation.

I have to amend my statement here. There are situations in which I will dance. Specifically when a hacker goes down.

That being said, I learned the hard way tonight to not listen to map chat about who is hacking, and I’m faced now with having to find a way to apologize to a druid on JQ.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

I will jump on gankers when our group wipes them.

They are happy to outnumber single players but when they are outnumbered suddenly they aren’t so brave.

I know it infuriates them that a no skill zergling is corpse jumping them – even though they may deny it.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Other side of that is you don’t jump/stomp, you make a new friend. Just had a guy from Holland who had a European vacation with all the people he met in wvw. Surfed for two full months at people’s houses.

All from a simple /bow.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Reaven.3958

Reaven.3958

Who cares. They dead. You do you.