the next big wvwvw fad

the next big wvwvw fad

in WvW

Posted by: yagerau.6438

yagerau.6438

At first, I thought it would be perma-stealth thief zergs roaming the map at 50% move speed stealthed and dropping tons of poison arrows, knockdown traps, and caltrops on the other zergs (which as you may know do no damage directly so they can stay in stealth forever.)

But I realized the new fad today: Necros. I know, what the heck right? But hear me out.
Necro+6(or more pets) running minion builds.
Your 100 man zerg just became 700 man zerg. Any time you ran close to an enemy zerg they would just lag nonstop. Plus all those AOES and stuff they won’t get to try because they are too lagged anyway? limit of 5 players per aoe so you’ve got a good chance of no players even getting hit.

the next big wvwvw fad

in WvW

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

MM necro? Just Aoe them, all pets die, they lose all their utility for at least 30 sec.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

the next big wvwvw fad

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Some Necros make good combo and target practice

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

the next big wvwvw fad

in WvW

Posted by: Sunflowers.1729

Sunflowers.1729

Honestly I’m not sure whether to be annoyed that something like this is possible or laugh at how hilarious the idea is.

Edit: The way you worded your post makes it even more awesome.

(edited by Sunflowers.1729)

the next big wvwvw fad

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Lol

The main thing that makes zergs strong is combo fields and AoE. Against a bit of AoE the 700 minion zerg would be reduced to 100 necros with useless builds.

Bonus points for creativity though :P

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

the next big wvwvw fad

in WvW

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

If you sneeze on a Necro minion, it dies. I don’t think this would work well. ><

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

the next big wvwvw fad

in WvW

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

And with the current poor state of minion AI’s, there more likely to attack each other then attack the enemy.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

the next big wvwvw fad

in WvW

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

Loooooooool. Ranger pets and Necro minions are so dumb. “I’m gonna stand in this here AoE.”

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

the next big wvwvw fad

in WvW

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

Well at least he had a creative idea. Heck I had an idea that I thought sounded good on paper… four or five guardians rotating out putting up walls and wardings and sanctuaries in a broken Gate to keep an enemy zerg from getting in.

Then someone told me that Lines of Warding don’t stop people with Stability.

Well it was an interesting idea, like this one. Zerg rush with oh so many and crush them with the lag. The issue is the low health of most of the zerg, and actually FINDING that many necromancers.

the next big wvwvw fad

in WvW

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

To be fair, mass necro’s is a real pain in the kitten to fight anyway. So many wells/marks/conditions in general.. area denial at it’s best.

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

the next big wvwvw fad

in WvW

Posted by: phletch.8497

phletch.8497

(edited by phletch.8497)

the next big wvwvw fad

in WvW

Posted by: Archer.1658

Archer.1658

Epidemic necros >

Çookies – Mesmer – [GF]/Ebay
Everyone is bad but me.
Anet ruined Gw2.

the next big wvwvw fad

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

At first, I thought it would be perma-stealth thief zergs roaming the map at 50% move speed stealthed and dropping tons of poison arrows, knockdown traps, and caltrops on the other zergs (which as you may know do no damage directly so they can stay in stealth forever.)

But I realized the new fad today: Necros. I know, what the heck right? But hear me out.
Necro+6(or more pets) running minion builds.
Your 100 man zerg just became 700 man zerg. Any time you ran close to an enemy zerg they would just lag nonstop. Plus all those AOES and stuff they won’t get to try because they are too lagged anyway? limit of 5 players per aoe so you’ve got a good chance of no players even getting hit.

Hahha perma stealth thief zerg countered by 1 hammer warrior party.
necro minions countered by staf elementarists.

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

the next big wvwvw fad

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Well at least he had a creative idea. Heck I had an idea that I thought sounded good on paper… four or five guardians rotating out putting up walls and wardings and sanctuaries in a broken Gate to keep an enemy zerg from getting in.

Then someone told me that Lines of Warding don’t stop people with Stability.

Well it was an interesting idea, like this one. Zerg rush with oh so many and crush them with the lag. The issue is the low health of most of the zerg, and actually FINDING that many necromancers.

You can do this though, you just need necros and mesmers to put down well of corruption/null field.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

the next big wvwvw fad

in WvW

Posted by: buki.3108

buki.3108

Imagine bringing 60 MM necros ikittenerg. The trolling would be amazing. 1 necro = 8 models… like 480 models to render XD that’s your perma-invis right there!

the next big wvwvw fad

in WvW

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

No different than bringing 10 mesmers who all have 3 clones/phantasm’s out… your 10v X just turned into 40vX.

How the ~heck~ are you to find the right mesmer in that group?

At least w/ the Necro’s you know which one is “the boss”. lol

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

the next big wvwvw fad

in WvW

Posted by: wish.3102

wish.3102

I disagree with you all, this is an amazing idea. NPCs (necromancer pets) are not affected by skill lag, players are. Moving 700 minions onto any group of people of a relatively decent size will lock up the servers completely and the players will not be able to do anything except maybe auto-attack once every 5 seconds. Even if the minions are stupid and don’t do a lot of damage, they don’t need to, because it will almost be like fighting a wall that doesn’t fight back. My money is on TEAMnecro.

Jade Quarry. RNG/THF/GRD/WAR
SovietSpaceDogs[SSD]

the next big wvwvw fad

in WvW

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

Not the most viable idea, but if you could coordinate between all 3 servers in a match. It might actually cause the server to crash on demand.

-KNT- BG

the next big wvwvw fad

in WvW

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

How about 70 engineers with turret builds all dropping every single turret on the same spot? They could also do pretty well at moving in stealth…..

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

the next big wvwvw fad

in WvW

Posted by: lorndarken.3702

lorndarken.3702

i have a necro mm and if i saw a zerg of mm running towards me id be scared to death , all those flesh golems charging at me knocking me down several times , and getting feared for at least 4 to 7 seconds with it all stacking , insane !!!

the next big wvwvw fad

in WvW

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

i have a necro mm and if i saw a zerg of mm running towards me id be scared to death , all those flesh golems charging at me knocking me down several times , and getting feared for at least 4 to 7 seconds with it all stacking , insane !!!

Unfortunately only fools (and possibly solo roamers) use Flesh Golem over Plague Form.

Blind Necromancers is the build for WvW large scale fighting and nothing beats the 1 second cooldown AoE Blind, Poison, Chill and Damage.

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

the next big wvwvw fad

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

Ideas like a mass necro zerg are nice in theory but it doesn’t come into play often because most players don’t play necromancers.

The next big wvw fad for me would be a 70 or more man engineer zerg all using flamethrowers.

We know that the flames at the top of the EBG jumping puzzle causes extreme lag because there are like 10+ flame jets all coming out at once.

I’ll bet you can replicate that lag effect with a huge engineer zerg.

the next big wvwvw fad

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

Assuming that in practice at any given time each Necromancer pet has a 20% chance of actually being alive and not dead to a random bear/worm/guardianstaff/arrowcart attack.. that means the necro army will actually be closer to 200 strong than 700!

-Desirz Matheon

the next big wvwvw fad

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Most necros don’t run pet builds. I find ranger pets more annoying. Even 10-20 of them in front of a zerg is really disrupting

the next big wvwvw fad

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

I want to see 100 D/D eles

Imagine seeing all the “Ride the lightenings” at first contact.

the next big wvwvw fad

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

Necros kill to slow for this. Even with the million pet lag, people could just walk away and be ok…now 100 necros well bombing….might tear a hole in time and space.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

the next big wvwvw fad

in WvW

Posted by: yagerau.6438

yagerau.6438

You don’t need to spec pets. Just the 50% hp trait. You can build your necro for marks or whatever and not rely on them, though your utility slots are sets. Noone will 1 shot aoe necro pets. maybe 2 shot if they are super strong(and glass) and even then they will only hit at most 5 of your pets. 1 group of hammer warriors would be so lol. they’d walk on 100 stacks of fear, 300 stacks of bleed, 100 stacks of chilled and poison and at most they could kill 25 pets with luck. IF they could even move through the lag or see you before you hit them. People could load up pet summoning runes like ogre or pirate or whatever for more lol too. Sigil of Demon hunting gets useful? probably not.
Just think of the troll of setting all your zergs wards down on a bridge as you run around, hoping some poor noob braves it. And you’d be suprised how fast stuff would die with that much crap beating on someone. Your necro still has so much he can do even if he ignores the fact that whatever you are fighting is getting auto-pounded on. 2 weapon sets means more fun, death shroud party, and lets not forget how awesome pressing 0 would be on a group of people, watching your golems ram them all the way back to the borderland waypoint.