thief alert

thief alert

in WvW

Posted by: Heartbeat.1894

Heartbeat.1894

For some, it may be apparent, for others, probably not even aware.

So the famous perma-stealth build of the Thief, it doesn’t sound that nasty does it?

But under the right circumstances, it is devastating.

Scenario:
- Enemy Zerg rushes in, they all die except a thief. (Outer keep door gets repaired)
- Everyone dead releases except for Mesmer. (At this point, you see it coming)
- Perma Stealth Thief just blinks around in keep until people gives up trying to kill him.
- Thief waits for people to leave, rez Mesmer and then notifies zerg force.
- Zerg force teleport into keep skipping a door.

Thank you for playing!

Second Scenario:
Group of Thieves in TeamSpeak with perma stealth.
- Follow stragglers or small group
- Blink and focus on 1 person, dead under 1 second, blinks, comes back, kills another, blinks, repeat until everyone dead.
(Perma-Stealth Thieves can literally only attack when the attack is not expected, they basically decide when it is good and safe without any counters)

I personally don’t play a Thief as I don’t play a class that requires nerfing, simple as that Now, Arena Net may not tweak this, and may not even fix this, but it still important that people know the Thieves mechanic. The more of you plays a Thief, the more they’ll want to nerf it hard; so please, WTB more thieves in WvW

Thank you, that is all!

thief alert

in WvW

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

Very badly chosen topic title, my friend..
No spoilers and no exploit btw, thief is working as intended..

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

thief alert

in WvW

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

wow, just wow, I seriously going to screenshot this post, just wow, utterly amazed

thief alert

in WvW

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

No spoilers and no exploit btw, thief is working as intended..

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

thief alert

in WvW

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

So the famous perma-stealth build of the Thief, it doesn’t sound that nasty does it?

Scenario:
- Enemy Zerg rushes in, they all die except a thief. (Outer keep door gets repaired)
- Perma Stealth Thief just blinks around in keep until people gives up trying to kill him.

Thank you for playing!

Second Scenario:
Group of Thieves in TeamSpeak with perma stealth.
- Follow stragglers or small group
- Blink and focus on 1 person, dead under 1 second, blinks, comes back, kills another, blinks, repeat until everyone dead.
(Perma-Stealth Thieves can literally only attack when the attack is not expected, they basically decide when it is good and safe without any counters)

I personally don’t play a Thief as I don’t play a class that requires nerfing, simple as that Now, Arena Net may not tweak this, and may not even fix this, but it still important that people know the Thieves mechanic. The more of you plays a Thief, the more they’ll want to nerf it hard; so please, WTB more thieves in WvW

Thank you, that is all!

Awesome post. +100 internet points.

Scenario 1:

You gave up on your sweep. 100% deserve what you get.

Scenario 2:

If they are stacking their stealth outside your field of view, then they only have a limited time in which to attack you. They can’t simply wait and wait and wait following you unless…they are stacking stealth close to you, in which case it’s 100% your fault for letting them/not noticing and reacting to the red circles with no enemies visible.

Oh, and on another note, thieves can’t “blink” in the sense you are referring
Every class needs nerfing in some sense. No class is 100% balanced, but you go ahead and believe that whatever you are playing is perfectly balanced if it helps you any. (Yes I main a thief, but mostly S/D for bunker busting/snares in my group. I find picking off stragglers dull.)

thief alert

in WvW

Posted by: Khanswrath.1032

Khanswrath.1032

Great my secret is out now. Just when I thought I was going to get away with all the epic tower ninjas and up leveled schooling in WvW I was planning to do this guy goes and blows the lid off it. THANKS A TON MAN.

Khanswrath-80 Thief [ODN]
“Do not argue with an idiot.
He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. "

thief alert

in WvW

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

I do not yet play a Thief, but I play other 6 professions and I have nothing against how Thieves are right now. The “stealth-class” in a MMO always is the most annoying. Another “nerf thieves” topic is just silly. Learn the ropes, mate. Every class can be most annoying if played right. This is for WvW and PvP.

[ROCK]
Desolation

thief alert

in WvW

Posted by: Kcrook.3945

Kcrook.3945

Great my secret is out now. Just when I thought I was going to get away with all the epic tower ninjas and up leveled schooling in WvW I was planning to do this guy goes and blows the lid off it. THANKS A TON MAN.

L m a o

-Ckrael- THE Guardian
[Bags]
Ebay << What a mistake.

thief alert

in WvW

Heartbeat.1894

Scenario 1:

Actually, it was at hills with 6 of us looking for him. Ranging from rank 20 to rank 140. Too much open space, plenty of AOE on our behalf, he never cloak and dagger me. So yes, totally balance.

Besides, it’s easy to be on the defensive when you are actually playing the class ;-)

But please, keep them coming, I want to see more thieves out there!

Credibility only works if:
- You say a class needs love and you are not playing it
- You say a class needs a nerf, and you are playing it

Anything else and a person can’t be taken seriously. That’s MMOs for you

(edited by Heartbeat.1894)

thief alert

in WvW

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

So OP doesn’t play a thief and theorycrafted a scenario in his mind where his enemies are completely ignorant and don’t pan camera at all.

OP says OMG IM COOLZ I shall become popular.

Makes thread with hyperbole = No profit?

This is like the many build threads like “Godlike Pwnzorz pew pew OP gorilla build unbeatable 1v20”

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

thief alert

in WvW

Posted by: kingcragus.6810

kingcragus.6810

Scenario:

In this scenario The defenders CHOSE to leave an enemy thief in a tower/keep with a downed mesmer. They deserve to loose it.

thief alert

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Not an exploit.

Nothing new.

I always had a feeling that the developers had something like this in mind when they developed the thief and stealth.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

thief alert

in WvW

Topher.1684

Scenario 1:

Actually, it was at hills with 6 of us looking for him. Ranging from rank 20 to rank 140. Too much open space, plenty of AOE on our behalf, he never cloak and dagger me. So yes, totally balance.

Besides, it’s easy to be on the defensive when you are actually playing the class ;-)

But please, keep them coming, I want to see more thieves out there!

Sweeping doesn’t mean killing everything inside, it means cleaning out any possible threat. If you couldn’t kill/catch the thief, then look for things he could use to help him (like dead bodies). Again, 100% on you for giving up the seep. Rank means little in WvW, as you can easily farm rank in zergs while pressing a single button. AoE is a very poor way of finding a thief (let alone killing one), so this tells me everything I need to know.

BTW, “perma stealth” thieves don’t use CnD to stay in stealth. Like I said, I don’t play the spec. Nerf it or don’t, it will not affect me. I’m only posting because you clearly need some kind of help.

thief alert

in WvW

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

As someone who has a thief alt, but mainly plays Guardian in WvW. I have little to no problem with thieves current abilities.

Yes, they can do the things you mentioned, but if you took that away they would be of little use in WvW. They’re “ok” in Zerg play. But I’d rather have some well necros or mesmers, or eles.

If you want to talk about broken WvW classes, take a gander at those Rangers. And by broken, I mean next to useless.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

thief alert

in WvW

Topher.1684

So OP doesn’t play a thief and theorycrafted a scenario in his mind where his enemies are completely ignorant and don’t pan camera at all.

OP says OMG IM COOLZ I shall become popular.

Makes thread with hyperbole = No profit?

This is like the many build threads like “Godlike Pwnzorz pew pew OP gorilla build unbeatable 1v20”

Rangers can now stealth too! OMG NERF RANGERS THEY CAN REZ DOWNED MESMERS AFTER PEOPLE GIVE UP ON TRYING TO FIND/KILL THEM!

thief alert

in WvW

Posted by: Haltair.3062

Haltair.3062

By allusions, you seem to be talking about us. XD
Both scenarios require more skillness or enemy’s ignorance than you think.
playing against players as veterans as us it doesn’ t work.

Best,

Haltair

Haltair, One of the Twelve Shadows
Baruch Bay´s Thieves Brotherhood, Order of Shadows
Orden de Sombras [OdS]

thief alert

in WvW

Heartbeat.1894

As I said, credibility is lost if you are defending a class you are playing. Of course you don’t want to be nerfed, duh.

thief alert

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

As I said, credibility is lost if you are defending a class you are playing. Of course you don’t want to be nerfed, duh.

I play a warrior.

I don’t have a problem with stealth.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

thief alert

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Thieves were so last month. Condi is the new OP gripe thread. Get with the times man!

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

thief alert

in WvW

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

Camp the mesmer and learn to aoe corpses. Next.

Little red Lioka

thief alert

in WvW

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

what invigorating gameplay thieves bring us, where you have to camp a corpse with at least two guys for however long the corpse decides to stay

thief alert

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Yeah, theives are annoying. Stealth is annoying. Camping corpses is annoying. Sweeping is annoying. Being able to portal through intact walls and gates is annoying.

Is Anet going to do anything about it, no. Aparantly they like things that annoy their customers.

thief alert

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP OMG! this is possible? Oh and happy halloween. Oh wait, we aren’t in 2012 anymore and this is old news.

Anyone who plays WvW knows this and simply sentries.

thief alert

in WvW

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

This is the new meta.

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

thief alert

in WvW

Posted by: Craig.2403

Craig.2403

But, but, I play every class…

Bummkin – ranger | Netherdark – thief | Crescor – mesmer | Gears Up – engi
[TFI]

thief alert

in WvW

Posted by: Durian.5419

Durian.5419

Uhm…if you see a dead person who isn’t releasing, in light armor…instead of running around looking for the thief, why not stand on top of the corpse, swinging a weapon. I’ve done that for ten minutes before.

Takkek Twicechosen, bone-collecting ranger of Plague[SICK]

thief alert

in WvW

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

There are Thieves in WvW?

You’re kidding, right?

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

thief alert

in WvW

Posted by: kingcragus.6810

kingcragus.6810

There are Thieves in WvW?

You’re kidding, right?

I never see any

thief alert

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

First scenario:

Step 1: Buy stealth trap.
Step 2: Plant trap on top of dead mesmer.
Step 3: Wait… if thief tries to rez he will trigger the trap and get 30 second revealed so he dies. If he doesn’t rez and just keeps perma-stealthing then their team has 2 players doing nothing while your team just has you doing nothing so you still win.

Second Scenario:

Step 1: Stop being bad.

thief alert

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Uhm…if you see a dead person who isn’t releasing, in light armor…instead of running around looking for the thief, why not stand on top of the corpse, swinging a weapon. I’ve done that for ten minutes before.

Pile flame ram prints on them is funny too.

Mag Server Leader

thief alert

in WvW

Posted by: Baldric.6781

Baldric.6781

You should know by now that most balance tries to fix the broken spvp that nobody plays, since there stealth isn’t really good, stealth it’s not an issue and won’t be fixed, same happens in pve.
Anyone pretending that stealth is balanced in wvw is fooling himself, which is ok, in spvp arenat net has fooled himself into believing in the new and bright ezport future, so it’s not that bad.

thief alert

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Pile flame ram prints on them is funny too.

No. You BUILD the ram on him. Then you spam 2.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

thief alert

in WvW

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

Step 1 plant a stealth trap on the mesmers body.
Step 2 have an engineer plant a mine on the body (he can swap out the skill after its planted, no big deal)
Step 3 wait.
Step 4 kill the thief.

Don’t want to play defense? Fine. Lose your tower.

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

thief alert

in WvW

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

The wife and I with our two engineers are having a blast killing thieves. She is specialized for grenades, me for turrets; drop two supply crates on them and watch them melt away. Silly thieves will try to shadowstep in past one set of supply crates, that is when the other person drops theirs. Works like a dream! As far as perma stealth thieves go just have two engineers throwing grenades at the red circle or just around it randomly. More often then not you will hit the thief.

As far as rezzing a dead mesmer if an engineer cannot keep a thief away long enough for the forced recall then that engineer needs to go back to tech school.

Theftwind (HoD)

thief alert

in WvW

Posted by: Neomir.7493

Neomir.7493

There is so much wrong here I don’t know where to begin. There’s also the problem that this is a ‘im cool cos i think i can troll cos i talk about trolling all the time lol lol lol’ post, which is utterly endemic in wvw from my experiences (although this has been changing lately, to be fair).

Your first post is pretty annoying, hate when that happens. But you fully admit it is NOT the thief and mesmer using teamwork but other player’s failure to catch the thief. And trust me, it is very possible to do so, in a variety of ways.

So, this board allows you to argue your case with regards to balance in wvw using very loose terms, due to poor moderation and the lack of a dedicated balance forum (no biggy, GW2 is a game for aimed primarily at casuals anyway). You’ve used it well.

Your second point is based around a group of thieves using voip to communicate. I can imagine that a group like this could cause huge devastation to large groups, especially unorganized ones. But you don’t even go there. You base your arguement around a group of lets say ‘highly organized’ players vs single players (Do I really have to elaborate here?). I will, because I actually think that this is serious and isn’t a generic ‘haha im so clever’ troll post that is so vacuous it makes me actually want to respond to the troll. To even be considered for balance discussion this group of players has to be pitted against an equal number of players, preferably with voip but not necessary.

Thief is incredibly strong in some areas, and weak in others; which is exactly how the game works. I could take your arguement and make my own…

WARRIOR IS OP
5 organized warriors with rifles and hammers can stun me and the other randoms on my server that are in my borderland omfgwtf nerf pls entire bl stun and or i unsub thx. if they arent stunning me to death cos stunbreak utilities are boring and do no dmg lols. and then when theyg et adrenaline they stagger 5 killshots using voice comms so dodging is useless omfg wtf iTS NOT FAIR.

Sorry been a long day, but this sounds familiar for a reason. Bored of seeing the kittenty complaints, and the kittenty pretend complaint troll threads cropping up all the time. If we want to cry over what should be nerfed, lets think about our reasons why x should be nerfed and put forward suggestions for consideration. That is how you discuss, and I’m bored of people thinking their attitude is right because ‘it is’ in this game.

thief alert

in WvW

Posted by: mrmadhaze.8706

mrmadhaze.8706

In your scenarios you never played wvw or maybe you do it wrong.
Credibility is lost when someone shows us lack of basic knowledge and laziness.

thief alert

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Dear ANET,

Please nerf stuffs I hate or that annoy me. Please buff stuff that I like or supplements my playstyle.

Yours Truly,

Casual Gamer

Mag Server Leader