things i find lacking in wvwvw

in WvW

Posted by: muylaetrix.2096

muylaetrix.2096

a) any sort of character advancement.

i want some post level 80 wvwvw advancement system. Daoc’s realm rank system was rather neat. 10 ‘realm’ or ‘world’ or whatever ranks that give an extra skill point each would do the job. just make sure that the amount of points needed to reach rank 5 in one year should be in reach for most people who do more than occasional wvwvw and reaching rank 10 would be a hardcore job to reach in 1 year, even for the people who reached level 8 in 3-4 days.

b) the Fog of War and anonimity of the enemy.

i miss deathspam in the text window. 50 allies can pass you by, go around a corner and all be dead 5 seconds later, and you would not know. i want to see " player xxx was killed by player yyy (in location zzz)". in daoc, that added enormously to the feeling of awareness and gave a great psychological effect. seeing the names of the 50 allies that left the gates of the castle 1 minute ago suddenly roll over your screen in 5 seconds certainly creates a sense of dread and impeding doom.

i miss recognizable enemies (player names !). nothing like a good bit of (ingame) unreasonable hatred and personal vendettas tot spice up life. Nothing like derailing a full warband from a siege to a different location because a single hated enemy players has been spotted there and his death now has become the number one priority. an enemy player’s name shouldn’t be shown in red above his head, but when i target him, i want to be able to see his name.

Thank you for taking your time to read this, feel free to comment.

Muylaetrex, going bananas with [TDA] on Gandara
Camping a keep near you since 2001 !

in WvW

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

Couple things I don’t think will ever change. That’s the anonymity and the “power plateau”. I don’t have a problem with everyone being equal with easily accessible end game gear at all but I miss the individual enemy rivalries.

Given that those things are pretty core to WvW I came up with a system that should work for both types of people (aside from those like mcl in that thread who are just on a high horse holier than thou type)

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Stiv-s-ultimate-WvW-progression-system/first

in WvW

Posted by: Trueshots.9456

Trueshots.9456

i miss recognizable enemies (player names !). nothing like a good bit of (ingame) unreasonable hatred and personal vendettas tot spice up life. Nothing like derailing a full warband from a siege to a different location because a single hated enemy players has been spotted there and his death now has become the number one priority. an enemy player’s name shouldn’t be shown in red above his head, but when i target him, i want to be able to see his name.

Thank you for taking your time to read this, feel free to comment.

Heck yea, i want to know the chump’s named that corpse jumped or /laughed or /cry’d on me when he had a 8v1…..so i can rez, hunt him down and jump on his dead body til he releases in shame…….

~Poison Caltrop~
I apologize, If you didn’t outnumber me, it wasn’t a fair fight