too many leaders not enough followers

in WvW

Posted by: UnrealTravis.9016

UnrealTravis.9016

How to deal with multiple commander’s on a map and stepping on each others foot.

Last night on WVW I had to log off my home map because all the commanders and even those not tagged up. Though they knew what was best for the server and map. We were getting pushed on different fronts and having havoc group’s show up.

One blob of 40 plus and 20 zerg. Then a different server had havoc group out. Fully upgraded tower, keeps and one or two camps.
with little to no help coming from other map commanders and groups running the other BL. It was only a losing battle because all the pugs and those in groups did not know what commander to follow
With each one sending people left and right.

How do you deal with this and get everyone on the same page to prevent the ship from going under ?

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Proper communication is always key, having people in ts, and saying in map/team chat what commander is doing what. I will often repeat in team chat what commanders in ts are saying because I know there are some not in ts with us, to help people out.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Silalus.8760

Silalus.8760

Proper communication is always key, having people in ts, and saying in map/team chat what commander is doing what.

This, 100%.

There is absolutely no substitute for voice communication. The in-game communication and status methods are good, but not enough.

Nearly every server has a voice chat server running. Any server that doesn’t (I’m not personally aware of any, but I’m sure there must be a couple), or even just one where a significant number of wvw players are not listening in, is at a severe disadvantage.

It makes it a heck of a lot more fun too! (On my server at the end of a long week when those UK guilds start getting drunk and singing… Awesome.)

in WvW

UnrealTravis.9016

We had great communication on all fonts. Voice coms, cross channel voice coms, team chat, PVE channels for those WVW People doing PVE stuff, and even a few offline folk’s. The issue was each commander on wanted to have the same group of people do different thing’s at the same time. Stepping on the other commanders feet.
Commander A wanted to repair keep wall and defend outer with sige, and send small havoc group to take back camp’s and trebs. While Commander B wanted to let them in our fully upgraded keep. Sige it up and attack them at a choke point. He wanted one AC for ever person in the blob. Commander C wanted to take back the keep we lost and camps. He figured that would releave pressure on the keep being attacked. Now commander D (kitten) he was one in the way he said it. Only help us by attacking enmy BL to take keeps and tower’s. With HIS EBG group and he only took those on voice coms and left pugs and others not on coms in his channel. wanted to take a few of his guild mates defending home BL.
Each commander felt his plan should be followed. We only had a hand full of people. No one knew what to do and or who to follow. Some followed the commander who was being less annoying or the one they ran with the most. Others like me just log off. Tired of hearing commanders moan because no one would listen to them.

in WvW

X T D.6458

yea it seems in this case it was just bad strategy and ego driven commanders, this sometimes happens. Theres really little that can be done about it, as nobody can be forced to follow anyone or do this or that. One strategy that helps is to ask a guild group or well known commander that has a group from another map, a bounce/map hopping group to come in and help the bl out. When it does just get frustrating, I recommend moving to a different map to see if there are other groups you can join with

in WvW

UnrealTravis.9016

One thing I have noticed is that a few commanders don’t type in team chat or read team chat
They only go off what is said in voice coms. Than they get mad when no one following them. Since they only talk and use voice coms.
A few thing’s after thinking about. They should limit the number of commander tags to be up in each BL. Might listen the stepping on the feet. Also I knoe a lot of guilds fo guild only WVW stuff. They pop tag on and end up getting people not in the guild following them. Maybe make a commander tag that only guild people can see or those in party / squad. This will help focus the people in the right direction.

in WvW

X T D.6458

a lot of commanders dont want ppl not in ts following them, its like some guilds prefer to run tagless to get less pugs following, which means less rallybots. Limiting the number of tags seems a bit much, and would never happen, I mean look at pve :/. There is also a way to see only one tag, simply join that commanders squad, and all the other tags will disappear from view

in WvW

UnrealTravis.9016

Yeah you can join squad and not see no other commander tags the issue is that others not in squad or guild can still see it up. They start following you. I still want it where other tags show up on map. Just want the guild cmd tag. To be hidden to those not in guild. So only guild peeps follow it. My zerg busting guild we just target the driver. So he would not deal with random people tagging along.

in WvW

Posted by: Rakshasa.5493

Rakshasa.5493

Tagless = guild raid, and I understand why, you don’t want a bunch of dirty up lvls, and people not on you’re coms getting one pushed, getting downed, and insta reviving the people you downed, pretty much if you ask there ‘driver’ if you can join there raid 90% of them will say its fine, just get in there mumble or TS channel….wow leading on to the other posts about why you should be in TS and mumbles :p

in WvW

Posted by: Crius.5487

Crius.5487

If there’s an issue with multiple pins on the map then it sounds like an issue you need to work out within your own server community. Having multiple forces on a single map is a sound tactic to countering a single large force. With the new colored pins, your server can establish a color scheme for pins. Having different colors for public raids, private guild raids, scouts, and havoc groups can make it easier to identify which pin is doing what and which one you should go to. If there could only be a single pin on a map than the blobbing which most people hate would occur even more often. There are many reasons why having multiple pins is better than just one. If this is causing trouble for you then ask your server for guidance. If this is causing trouble for your server than you need to band together and come up with a solution. In the end, it’s all about communication and working together as a team to achieve a common goal.

Jade Quarry since Beta

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

send one to the lower tiers..lol

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Akeldama.4738

Akeldama.4738

Do your commanders/group leaders use TeamSpeak permissions that allow them to talk amongst each other to coordinate while not even in the same current TS channel chatter? Does your server have pin colors constituted? Such as:
– Red = scouts/tasked objective occupants
– Purple = temp/perm havoc
– Blue = main map force / secondary map force
– Yellow = field commander / secondary map force
– unpinned groups should still check in and/or communicate in some manner with their allies or, yes, toes may be stepped on.

This type of system is currently in use in T1, especially since the “Sneak Attack” (white sword removal) event. It takes constant communication to keep new and returning players updated on these things when and where possible.

– [Phalanx Formation] Jade Quarry Guard
“Ah, the mind of an irrational gamer, where injustice abounds.”