top of Redvale supply tower cheating?

in WvW

Posted by: Bennywise.3210

Bennywise.3210

Ive gotten on top of the red-vale supply by jumping on the shed to right and then onto the ledge of the tower. Is this something that can be reported as cheating, or is it a spot that is meant to be reached. I asked because i don’t want to get banned or anger the other servers by making them think im cheating.

in WvW

Bennywise.3210

100 views and no one has an answer or an opinion?Has any one done this this them self’s and had a problem banned /reported/scolded?

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

2 things for you Benny.
1) I don’t know if you are supposed to get there or not but I will check on Monday when I get in.
2) If it happens to be that you aren’t supposed to, I will personally fix it to make sure you can’t.

If you somehow end up banned, I’ll make sure to look into it. Of course, if you get banned for something else, you are on your own. :P

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Wow… Someone taking time on their day off to actually answer community concerns? I love this guy!

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

in WvW

Bennywise.3210

Thank you for the quick response.

in WvW

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

Agreed Coral, it’s big improvement over many other games (^_^)

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

in WvW

Posted by: Valar Morghulis.7049

Valar Morghulis.7049

Nice, thanks for responding Devon.

Hope this isn’t bannable… Getting to less trod places in WvW and raining death down on unsuspecting invaders is one of my favorite activities.

Fiddler of Malazan [BR] – Engineer {NSP}

in WvW

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

a screenshot to show Devon exactly where you are managing to get to may assist him with researching the exact spot you are questioning.

AR

in WvW

Posted by: kribre.9683

kribre.9683

To get up there you can only get there with a class that have a leap ability, so I’m guessing it’s something that is unintended. And as you are on the roof you stop the capping of the camp.

Tripilios
[VII] – Seventh Legion – retired
[Dius] – Semper Dius – Kodash

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

To get up there you can only get there with a class that have a leap ability

this isnt true

in WvW

Posted by: SirHypnotoad.6549

SirHypnotoad.6549

I can confirm the that i’ve seen people get on top of that supply but I’ve never tried it.

In addition to the one the OP posted, there are 2 more Redvale/Greenvale/Bluevale “cheat” in regards to the entrances.

I put it in video form.

(edited by SirHypnotoad.6549)

in WvW

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

Ive gotten on top of the red-vale supply by jumping on the shed to right and then onto the ledge of the tower. Is this something that can be reported as cheating, or is it a spot that is meant to be reached. I asked because i don’t want to get banned or anger the other servers by making them think im cheating.

I would say it would be termed an exploit in my opinion because you can get there but can be fairly untargetable from aoe and can hold the circle while being safe from most harm.

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Saint Scarlet.2906

Saint Scarlet.2906

It wont stop the cap, you have to be on the ground to stop it. This has been tried on roofs that are easily reachable and doesn’t do squat apart from give you a height advantage.

Commander Oracle Of Glint
Executed [EXE]
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

It wont stop the cap, you have to be on the ground to stop it. This has been tried on roofs that are easily reachable and doesn’t do squat apart from give you a height advantage.

I’ve used the top of the supply depot in southwest camp to stop a cap before. Maybe you should test before saying wrong things?

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Deyja.6745

Deyja.6745

It stops caps but it is very easy to kill people on top of it, ranged attacks will hit, AOE goes through the roof and mesmer pulls can be utilized to kill anyone on top of the roof. It is really no different than the tower on the north west supply camp.

In addition to this any class is able to get up there, some have it a little easier than others though.

in WvW

Posted by: Chewy.9263

Chewy.9263

Yeah! Exactly what Deyja said.

Love

in WvW

Posted by: Kolisch.4691

Kolisch.4691

Tried to figure this out a few days ago and found out a way to do it. When my guild was discussing if it was cheating, we concluded that since a quite a number of classes are able to get up there, and the fact that the ones up there can be attacked, and pulled down, we’re pretty sure it isn’t cheating if people aren’t able to cap the camp because of an exploit. More like player incompetency.

HoT = Grind Wars 2
HoT = WvW players forced to PVE

in WvW

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

Pretty easy to reach, easy to take down players from there, no big issue tbh. WvW livens up thanks to details like this, people explore spots, try getting into places, find special tactical spots for very situational use. Not only ’doesn’t need a fix’, imho, but ‘please add more’. The ruined tower in the blue EB chunk is a great example of really nice extra piece design.

in WvW

Posted by: Cottage Pie.6215

Cottage Pie.6215

this however is a hack

Attachments:

Taua Roqa – Desolation since day minus 3

~~~My Elite PvP Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04xOsNW7zTA

in WvW

Posted by: Thorzeff.9451

Thorzeff.9451

Then how do you get up there? This is a kitten exploit.

in WvW

Posted by: Jaxon.5392

Jaxon.5392

Wow… Someone taking time on their day off to actually answer community concerns? I love this guy!

Anet devs should never be allowed days off. Who’s your boss, we’re going to have words…

in WvW

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Well, that’s a Mesmer. Going to say he some how blinked up there. I’ve seen them get into strange places just because they used it in the wrong spot.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage