unbalanced wvw

unbalanced wvw

in WvW

Posted by: gashen.3874

gashen.3874

what has happened to wvw ? it is so unbalanced.

unbalanced wvw

in WvW

Posted by: primatos.5413

primatos.5413

that´s easy .. Anet kept focussing on PvE and PvP .. That`s the 2 things they earn the most money with .. WvW there`s only a few people buying gems for changing server maybe … ^^

Lügen-Anet Anet-Lügen

unbalanced wvw

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Because those making game-influencing decisions don’t know what they’re doing and quite obviously do not care.

unbalanced wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Arenanet happened. They are busy with living story, forget WvW – they see it as a sideshow.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

unbalanced wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

Careful they will give you infraction points for being negative lol

unbalanced wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

In fairness, the moderation has been noticeably more lenient in the last couple of years.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

unbalanced wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Of course it’s unbalanced because WvW is just one big frigging mess. How can you balance something if you just fill maps random players that have totally different play styles and goals? Some side might have like 50% less players and 20% of these players don’t contribute anything because they doing some dueling or GvG. WvW is like multiculturalism. Doesn’t work.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

unbalanced wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

The issue with balance is that limiting transfers doesn’t balance the match this week, next week, next month, maybe next year.

unbalanced wvw

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Not like they read this section, anyways.

unbalanced wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Because there is no competition with similar size or scale. So they can defer any development work until there is pressure. WvW is a lame duck at the moment. Once a new game with similar behavior you will see them react. By then it will be too late.

At best we are looking at late 2017 for one of the more famous developers launching. That is if they stay on track. Hard to say but at this point it is what it is and what you make of it. Fun, stay. No fun, limit time or slow down until you can break the addiction to the friction.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

unbalanced wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Of course it’s unbalanced because WvW is just one big frigging mess. How can you balance something if you just fill maps random players that have totally different play styles and goals? Some side might have like 50% less players and 20% of these players don’t contribute anything because they doing some dueling or GvG. WvW is like multiculturalism. Doesn’t work.

I like your name.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

unbalanced wvw

in WvW

Posted by: KINGRPG.3492

KINGRPG.3492

Is balance even possible? No! It’s a marketing..
Top NA server has not been open for a year. Fortunately, they emphasized the brilliance over the number. Unfortunately, the status is still full.

Sorry for my beginner English / http://www.kingrpg.net My Blog

(edited by KINGRPG.3492)

unbalanced wvw

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I don’t think they have the staff or proper time to dedicate to the game mode so it’s treated as a “spare time” thing.

There are servers that still care and actually have server meetings 10 minutes before reset if community is still a thing to you. Other than that, the game mode is headed in a very poor direction unfortunately.

unbalanced wvw

in WvW

Swamurabi.7890

I don’t think they have the staff or proper time to dedicate to the game mode so it’s treated as a “spare time” thing.

There are servers that still care and actually have server meetings 10 minutes before reset if community is still a thing to you. Other than that, the game mode is headed in a very poor direction unfortunately.

Some servers no longer have a community because it was bought by other overstacked servers. It’s not about the players caring anymore. For so long WvW has been for most servers like playing sPvP with less than 5 players. Sure you can win some battles and maybe even win a match but after a while it just isn’t fun anymore.

unbalanced wvw

in WvW

Posted by: hayabusafmw.9370

hayabusafmw.9370

Well simple answer. Anet didn’t do anything in the past 3 years to correct the problem.
At one point if IRC 2 years ago wvw was called dead.

We are currently on the 4th yr its pretty much easy to say changes won’t be happening or if they do it will be too late. By the arrival of HOT tons of player decided to quit or lost interest simply look at guilds. Check for the members log time…

As for the unbalanced problem well it’s a easy fix that they don’t want to do. If they wouldn’t be ’’busy’’ they would simple merge low tier servers into bigger ones making all more competitive. They would also monitor the hours of day people play and merge people around the clock. That would add tons of wvw player playing at different time zones covering and offering tons of good fights while balancing the entire thing. Will they ever do that NO! cause let’s face it paying gems to change servers is better for them than keeping players happy. I guess coming up with new sets of gliders is more important than fixing fundamentals.

Where they missed the ship is to do uneven matches for year on end. Tons of people just dropped the ball. It’s fun to lose at some extent. When you know the ending of all the movies you haven’t seen you don’t watch movies anymore.

(edited by hayabusafmw.9370)

unbalanced wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Inoki.6048

Inoki.6048

In fairness, the moderation has been noticeably more lenient in the last couple of years.

Nonsense. They infract posts as they like. Just say something bad about them and be right about what you’re saying. Everyone appreciates your honesty, until you’re honest with them, then you’re an kitten.

(edited by Inoki.6048)

unbalanced wvw

in WvW

Posted by: Pancake.3092

Pancake.3092

Oath. Got infracted and received some spiel about how to provide “constructive feedback”. If you want to say something bad about WvW, make sure you say it as nicely as possible.

unbalanced wvw

in WvW

Swamurabi.7890

I got infracted once for using the word “cancerous”. I replied to the infraction notice saying I was sorry for using cancerous to describe WvW, where by definition cancerous is the unwanted growth of cells. Since there wasn’t growth in WvW I then said I should have used the word “necrotizing” and the infraction was lifted.