underwater ranger downed state

in WvW

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

I just fought a ranger underwatered, got him downed, but his pet was still able to hit me like a truck with 2.6k armor, and also when his pet was healing him in downed state, he was gaining health faster than i could even take it down. Is this broken because i just recently came back to gw2 like a couple weeks ago from a couple months of waiting for fixes n such but this seems extremely broken.

i have 3k attack btw.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: wish.1027

wish.1027

Dont follow rangers into the water, easy fix for your problem. It’s like confusion, it was fine the way it was, you just shouldn’t do anything while you have it on.

(Yes, this post is filled with sarcasm)

Jade Quarry Warrior Strike Force [SF]
w/ an alt Thief and Guardian.
Math is your friend.

in WvW

Bones.5762

Dont follow rangers into the water, easy fix for your problem. It’s like confusion, it was fine the way it was, you just shouldn’t do anything while you have it on.

(Yes, this post is filled with sarcasm)

Well being a mesmer which is one of the stronger classes in water i wasn’t scared, I mean i had him downed with a little over 8k hp, which shouldve been enough for a finish til he started to heal with pet, which was ridiculus amts of healing. I didnt know about said bug and was already in water, its not like i can port/outrun a class that has a passive spd boost in water, when i have one spd boost (outside of underwater combat)

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

In general, it seems like there’s been little thought put into how much damage classes do while downed. I hope they get around to it someday.

in WvW

Bones.5762

Downed state in underwater is stupid considering you can’t even stomped them. I’ve never had any outrageous fight in underwater til i fought this ranger, and i play 5 different characters all lvl 80 with exos.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Bones.5762

yea, maybe i came back to gw2 too soon, or maybe i had too much hopes for this game, i might have to shelf it for another couple of months to let the nerfs die down, seems like nerfs still keep hitting all my mains, n forcing me to get new gear.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: Maelwaedd.5842

Maelwaedd.5842

use a knockback or pull on the pet when it is healing and you will interrupt the ability putting it on CD long enough for you to then kill the ranger, works for me

Maelwaedd Sylvari Necromancer Blackgate
Resonance WvW Officer
http://resonancegaming.com.au

in WvW

Posted by: Centrix.4065

Centrix.4065

No idea why you can’t “stomp” underwater.

Yeah I understand it’s underwater and you technically can’t “stomp”, but why not make it so your character just takes away their breathing aparatus and the enemy drowns? Basically the same as stomping, same duration and everything, just another animation. Done. Next problem

Lv.80 Elementalist, Guardian, Necromancer, Thief
[VII] Seventh Legion | http://twitch.tv/censtudios

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

I have very few complaints about this game (especially when it comes to the combat system), but the mechanics of underwater combat are just awful.

Why can you swim when downed underwater but can’t crawl when downed on land? Do the designers know how much more energy it takes to move through water compared to air?

Why is there no stomp mechanic?

I fee like Mr. Plinkett when I think about these things.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

If I see a Ranger or Mesmer underwater I don’t bother them for the most part. Ranger will just pet rez. Mesmer will just stack confusion, and you can’t even stomp.

Underwater combat terribly unbalanced. There’s a reason why maps like Raid on the Capricorn aren’t in the tpvp rotation.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

Hitting the pet doesn’t matter. Ranger pets are bugged underwater in that the pet, even if killed, can (doesn’t always) continue to rez even after killed. Add in the heal that comes from being on the surface of the water, and presto, unkillable ranger.

I know because I’ve been it =) 3 vs 1, and they eventually gave up.

in WvW

Bones.5762

thanks for letting me know about how broken ranger is underwater, ill be sure to never fight em in water again.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

I`ve seen six players go against a ranger in bay once, it died (downed state..) obviously, but once it was downed, even with all six going pewpew, the pet just healed it.
Used to think it was bugs, but made a ranger & even on land pet heals is kittenedly op.

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in WvW

Posted by: Brassnautilus.2941

Brassnautilus.2941

ranger OP in the water

in WvW

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

Underwater combat in PvE is just as bad. In underwater areas, some classes are legitimately useless and lose all the utility that makes them useful and interesting in PvE groups. There are also some classes that do more DPS while downed, which encourages them to purposely go down against some bosses to do more DPS (I’ve actually seen this before).

On the structured PvP side, the partially underwater map isn’t used in tournaments because underwater combat is so obviously imbalanced.

You would think the developers would put more work into a major feature that is clearly not working as intended in any gameplay type.

(edited by Lopez.7369)

in WvW

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

Hitting the pet doesn’t matter. Ranger pets are bugged underwater in that the pet, even if killed, can (doesn’t always) continue to rez even after killed. Add in the heal that comes from being on the surface of the water, and presto, unkillable ranger.

I know because I’ve been it =) 3 vs 1, and they eventually gave up.

Ye I learned that the hard way. Fought a ranger for a good 5 mins downed him and the pet but the pet still rezed him and I just gave up.

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

ranger OP in the water

Well, not super over powered, but amazing 1500 range (with eagle eye master trait), great damage and very difficult to kill. I have a level 80 ranger as well. I just don’t play her that often. But I agree. Ranger is the best profession underwater.

The downed state of all professions should be equal in WvWvW. Now above and underwater the disparity is just too big. I suggest that all professions should have just downed skill #4, bandage. Now it is really ridiculous how some professions can do more damage while downed than while being up.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Ive had the pet go invulnerable on me underwater so I couldn’t stop the res at all.

Frustrating. Only thing you can do at that point is just run away.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Luna.9640

Luna.9640

Yea try to attack the bots in water that are all ranger and stack up to 10 bots on same spot near the middle island in borderlands.

I still have nightmares and hear the Music from the JAWS movie after being chased by a horde of white shark bot ranger pets when i swim pass this area. -.-

(edited by Luna.9640)

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

2 people can kill a ranger underwater with the pet healing him.

I know because I’ve done it..

1 person will not though.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

People would avoid underwater combat a lot less if you could just use a finishing move under water. And to the guy that said ‘just do nothing’, no Rangers should not get a get out of death free card just because they happened to fight near water and jump in it right before getting downed.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in WvW

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

No idea why you can’t “stomp” underwater.

Yeah I understand it’s underwater and you technically can’t “stomp”, but why not make it so your character just takes away their breathing aparatus and the enemy drowns? Basically the same as stomping, same duration and everything, just another animation. Done. Next problem

Isn’t that more like removing armor? If so, why can’t we just strip away armor in land of our opponents and rip them apart? Next kill please…

-S o S-

in WvW

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

ranger OP in the water

But not many people want to use a ranger at all, especially out of water. Is it possible ranger are quite weak in land? Most people use OP classes like theives, mesmers and guardians. Perhaps, we can sell special glasses in the gem store that allows us to see all hidden thieves, identify which mesmer isn’t an illusion, etc. Yeah… that’ll balance the game more. I need to be able to see hidden thieves to kill them quick enough.

-S o S-

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

2 people can kill a ranger underwater with the pet healing him.

I know because I’ve done it..

1 person will not though.

I have killed a ranger underwater fully alone. Yes, it took time, also playing a character with 1500 range and tons of damage. ;-)

But agreed, the ranger underwater down state is way too good. The pet can keep ranger alive almost forever, unless you build your character to hit them both like a truck.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]