warriors changes

warriors changes

in WvW

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

Ok so first off I have played a warrior since head start so this isn’t a qq thread about getting face rolled by a warrior. These are some changes I think would make warriors a bit less op in wvw.

Great sword 3 should become a point blank Aoe spin attack. Damage may or may not need adjusted

Great sword 5 either have the range decreased or be completely changed. Perhaps a overhead cleve?

Hammer 3 should have its range decreased slightly or make the cone smaller

Hammer 4 should have a slightly longer cd

Axe should have a 10% damage nerf acrossed the board

Mobile strikes needs to be changed. Longer internal cd maybe.

And because I know someone will bring it up I will go over my thought on heal Sig

Heal Sig doesn’t need a change for the fact it can be countered with conditions. Disregarding solider runes that r not the warriors fault,they have 4 conditions removeals. 1 is a heal skill 2 are a traited weapon skill. Only one (shake it off) is an actuall utility skill

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

warriors changes

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Lol this is a warrior qq thread

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

warriors changes

in WvW

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

Lol this is a warrior qq thread

How is it a qq thread if saying my own class is op?

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

warriors changes

in WvW

Posted by: Seed.5467

Seed.5467

Great sword 3 should become a point blank Aoe spin attack. Damage may or may not need adjusted

Why?

Great sword 5 either have the range decreased or be completely changed. Perhaps a overhead cleve?

So you want “Rush” Gone correct? I thought you were using GS for it´s mobility ?

Why ?

Well, it´s a 20 sec skill. How much longer you want it to be ?

As an axe/shield warrior my self since beta, if the axe needs anything is a buff.

Regards

Seed

warriors changes

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Really the only thing I semi agree with is the sword 3 and 5 changes. The mobility of the Warrior is simply too high and these 2 skills together on the same weapon account for a large amount of it. I don’t really feel #3 should stay in place though as it’s then too similar to 100b. Rush could go down to 900 maybe.

Don’t forget the weapon’s burst skill is still awful too so that should be improved in some fashion as well.

warriors changes

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

The mobility right now is ridiculous. A warrior in combat can cover more ground than someone not in combat with switftness. Warriors were never meant to have that kind of mobility.

warriors changes

in WvW

Posted by: Garrisyl.7402

Garrisyl.7402

Well, you can always immobilize them. Wait, mobility skills break immobilize? Now that’s a strong trait. Luckily mobility skills are pretty limited. Wait again, warriors have 3 of them no matter what build they are using? Well kitten.

I really hate the mobility more than everything else on warriors atm. Everytime one is about to die they instantly put 2000 range between you and them, with no chance in hell of you catching up.

warriors changes

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Melee focused classes should be fast. It isn’t like a warrior can stealth. They have limited ability to block so the only thing they can really do is run.

There are also a couple classes that can keep up with Warrior so they aren’t the fastest.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

warriors changes

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Melee focused classes should be fast. It isn’t like a warrior can stealth. They have limited ability to block so the only thing they can really do is run.

There are also a couple classes that can keep up with Warrior so they aren’t the fastest.

1. Actually they can just stand and do nothing and laugh with the right build their base HP and Toughness allow them to do that. At least they allow me to do it on my war.

2. You are incorrect. If your warrior is not the fastest thing in the game then that is your personal L2P issue (gear and traits included), not applicable to rest of us.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

warriors changes

in WvW

Straegen.2938

1. Actually they can just stand and do nothing and laugh with the right build their base HP and Toughness allow them to do that. At least they allow me to do it on my war.

2. You are incorrect. If your warrior is not the fastest thing in the game then that is your personal L2P issue (gear and traits included), not applicable to rest of us.

There is no warrior faster than my thief… that build doesn’t exist that I have seen. The only thing a warrior can do to keep me from running them down is to have Fear Me or similar on their bar and that just keeps me from killing them. They might be able to run long enough to get into a structure but it better be pretty close.

Other classes that can run a warrior down, Ranger GS with S/WH in offhand is faster than a warrior. D/D Ele with Fire Sword elite is more than capable of catching and killing a warrior.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

warriors changes

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

No. The counter to melee should be ranged. The abilities for melee to get into melee range should be limited because the amount of damage they can do there is so much higher than range. If you don’t want ranged classes to kite, then you give Ranged classes more damage to offset the fact that they don’t have the defenses a melee class has.

That’s the problem with this game, especially when dealing with Warriors. There’s simply no reason to kite because the abilities for melee classes to get in range and stay there far exceed the number of ways ranged classes have to get away and stay away. And worse still is melee damage outpaces ranged in burst, sustained, and AE damage.

The fact that a Warrior doesn’t have stealth is the reason they have 2x as much health, heavy armor, and numerous skills and abilities to avoid damage. The fact that they’re the fastest class in the game? That’s poor design and a failure on ANet’s part.

warriors changes

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

This is a nerf warrior thread and nothing else. I could care less if you played it since alpha testing.

Maybe you should figure out a way to fight a warrior before you swing a nerf bat.

Bunch if lazy good for nothing whiners in here.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

warriors changes

in WvW

Straegen.2938

No. The counter to melee should be ranged. The abilities for melee to get into melee range should be limited because the amount of damage they can do there is so much higher than range. If you don’t want ranged classes to kite, then you give Ranged classes more damage to offset the fact that they don’t have the defenses a melee class has.

Ranged and pseudo ranged classes are already the hard counter to melee. For example, decent shatter mesmers are really hard for a warrior to beat. Almost every warrior skill is telegraphed so dodging their stuff becomes pretty easy. That does change in a zerg but warrior mobility isn’t a big deal in group fights.

That’s the problem with this game, especially when dealing with Warriors. There’s simply no reason to kite because the abilities for melee classes to get in range and stay there far exceed the number of ways ranged classes have to get away and stay away.

I don’t think that is accurate. The thief and D/D ele have far more in combat mobility. The mesmer has more effective in combat mobility. The warrior just has a couple skills for escape. If they use their skills to close the gap in a fight, they become vulnerable.

The fact that a Warrior doesn’t have stealth is the reason they have 2x as much health, heavy armor, and numerous skills and abilities to avoid damage. The fact that they’re the fastest class in the game? That’s poor design and a failure on ANet’s part.

They do not have 2x more health and armor. They have either 2700 or 7500 more health depending on the class. The armor is 150 or 300 more depending on class. That isn’t a small amount but hardly 2x or insurmountable. I would state again they are not the fastest class. Not a single one I have ever met can outrun my thief… not even close actually.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

warriors changes

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

All the mobility means is that they can get out of a fight quickly. There’s nothing OP about running away.
As a warrior player I don’t particularly fear GS warriors. If it’s a 1 on 1 I’m much more worried about hammer/mace-shield or Longbow/ sw-sw

Even dual axes are more worrisome. GS relies upon the enemy being bad or having poor reactions (outside of 100B, is there anything to it?)

warriors changes

in WvW

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

poor reactions (outside of 100B, is there anything to it?)

Arcing Slice obviously. Too op, need damage nerf.

warriors changes

in WvW

Posted by: Lynx.5123

Lynx.5123

If this is not a QQ thread, i must say the only way to balance it is giving warrios a staff instead of Hammer, so they could fight like Gandalf

warriors changes

in WvW

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Ok so first off I have played a warrior since head start so this isn’t a qq thread about getting face rolled by a warrior. These are some changes I think would make warriors a bit less op in wvw.

Mobile strikes needs to be changed. Longer internal cd maybe.

And because I know someone will bring it up I will go over my thought on heal Sig

Heal Sig doesn’t need a change for the fact it can be countered with conditions. Disregarding solider runes that r not the warriors fault,they have 4 conditions removeals. 1 is a heal skill 2 are a traited weapon skill. Only one (shake it off) is an actuall utility skill

Ok so first off I have played a warrior since first beta and those changes are complete nonsense. Thank you for your attention.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

warriors changes

in WvW

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

Ok so first off, I have probably more hours played on warrior than anyone in the world, and these changes are bad. Also this is a QQ thread. Also build in the screenshot is open world farming zerk build so dont troll me about wvw build.

Attachments:

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

warriors changes

in WvW

Posted by: havoc.6814

havoc.6814

Great sword 3 should become a point blank Aoe spin attack with a range of 4000 and a teleport. Damage may or may not need adjusted.

Great sword 5 either have the cd decreased or be completely changed to a teleport. Perhaps a overhead cleave with a teleport?

Hammer 3 should have its range increased slightly or make the cone larger and be given a teleport.

Hammer 4 should have a slightly shorter cd and a teleport.

Axe should have a 10% damage buff and a teleport acrossed the board

Mobile strikes needs to be changed. Shorter internal cd maybe. With a teleport.

Heal Sig doesn’t need a change for the fact it can be countered with conditions. Maybe put a teleport on it though. Disregarding solider runes that r not the warriors fault,they have 4 conditions removeals. 1 is a heal skill 2 are a traited weapon skill. Only one (shake it off) is an actuall utility skill.

There I fixed your suggestions a bit and they are still just as ridiculous as what you wanted.

warriors changes

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Well, you can always immobilize them. Wait, mobility skills break immobilize? Now that’s a strong trait. Luckily mobility skills are pretty limited. Wait again, warriors have 3 of them no matter what build they are using? Well kitten.

I really hate the mobility more than everything else on warriors atm. Everytime one is about to die they instantly put 2000 range between you and them, with no chance in hell of you catching up.

Funnily enough, with my mes I can counter/keep pace with a fleeing warrior. Who knew!

warriors changes

in WvW

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

Anet will not nerf the warrior otherwise this would lead to waves of tears

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

warriors changes

in WvW

Posted by: Brick Tamland.6507

Brick Tamland.6507

This is the reason why warriors get buffed all the time. Any suggested changes just get shot down immediately with no discussion.

Back Stabbed
Mushroom-Headed thief

warriors changes

in WvW

Posted by: Archon.6481

Archon.6481

What are you thieves talking about? If GS + S/W warrior wants to run away you can’t really stop him. If he’s pure glass you might be able to kill him first, but if he’s a bunker and at high health he’ll eventually outrun you. Thieves will generally beat warriors in quick sprints, but not distance running.

Archonicable – Thief
0/6/6/0/6 – D/D + D/P
Crystal Desert

warriors changes

in WvW

Posted by: mrmadhaze.8706

mrmadhaze.8706

What are you thieves talking about? If GS + S/W warrior wants to run away you can’t really stop him. If he’s pure glass you might be able to kill him first, but if he’s a bunker and at high health he’ll eventually outrun you. Thieves will generally beat warriors in quick sprints, but not distance running.

This. Perma swiftness+fast movement skills+invulnerability+stability.
Even in quick sprints with the right skill the warrior can outrun a thief.
And most of warriors are NOT glassy. So..

warriors changes

in WvW

Posted by: terminatorkobold.6031

terminatorkobold.6031

The problem is that this game has no melee classes and ranged classes, it is all done in builds. For example a riffle warrior is more ranged than a dd ele while a staff ele is more ranged than a axe warrior.

So range cannot be taken in account for balancing the mobility of classes. That being said i think that mobility should be tied with squishyness, which is why i think that warriors are too mobile.

warriors changes

in WvW

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

As an axe/shield warrior my self since beta, if the axe needs anything is a buff.

Regards

Seed

Axe doesn’t need a buff – it’s a great weapon already – eviscerate needs to be toned down slightly.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

warriors changes

in WvW

Posted by: mrmadhaze.8706

mrmadhaze.8706

The problem is that this game has no melee classes and ranged classes, it is all done in builds. For example a riffle warrior is more ranged than a dd ele while a staff ele is more ranged than a axe warrior.

So range cannot be taken in account for balancing the mobility of classes. That being said i think that mobility should be tied with squishyness, which is why i think that warriors are too mobile.

More then the squishyness (even if i agree) there is the design. For example for months devs said that the necromancer cannot be a fast class becouse of design and that’s why it’s tanky. And i agree, never complained about that, even when there isn’t dhuumfure, the DS fix etc (so a lot less strong). In the same way while i’m on my thief i pretend to be a lot faster then a tanky warrior and a lot more evasive becouse of design. It’s a thief/assassin class in light armor, not a big energumen with an hammer.
Meanwhile a random warrior can chase you without any difficult and if in trouble run away in the same silly way, maybe with stability or invulnerability. Too much for a class op in zerg/group as well.

warriors changes

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

Yup. And hilariously, a “Glassy” warrior is 2x as durable as a bunker thief. There has got to be a penalty for doing stellar damage and absorbing stellar damage. It should be that you can’t farking get away – you’ve got to stand and live/die. Or you should have to. The current warrior meta is the exact opposite – best of both damage dealing / absorption and still the best gaddang mobility out there.

warriors changes

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Glassy warriors do not absorb stellar damage. Their health bar can vanish in a hurry with the right pressure.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

warriors changes

in WvW

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

I dunno on the fence on this one. With GS and sword horn I can outrun anybody while removing any conditions they manged to get on me with quick breathing. However I have a hard time killing anybody with this combo. GS is just really lousy against a even half competent player. Your only real dmg with it is to prey the enemy is stupid enough to let u immobilize or stun them and hundred blades.

Hammer is getting big nerfs in a few days. Healing singet is fine. It faces the same problem every other healing skill/trait in the game faces. If they toned it down it would be useless cus healing power scales poorly on everything. Imo healing power needs to be beefed for everybody then a slight nerf to healing singet.

warriors changes

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

I don’t think any class in this game is over powered, just some skills are. Mainly Backstab, Evis and Killshot. Its one thing to set up a burst cycle like mesmer shatters or engi electric burst thing they have set up and timing involved. The others I listed can take you from full to almost dead in one hit and outside of duels you may never see it coming.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

warriors changes

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn Grijmblade.2396

Reborn Grijmblade.2396

This. Perma swiftness+fast movement skills+invulnerability+stability.
Even in quick sprints with the right skill the warrior can outrun a thief.
And most of warriors are NOT glassy. So..

I personally have no problems disengaging, however as stated before the only real reason to use a GS is for mobility. On a slight tangent, I find it amusing that so many warriors are talking about running away, instead of catching those that would attempt escape. But that’s another subject for another day.

Ultimately, this range nerf will not happen, I could give many reasons as to why, and also try to make a case for warrior mobility, but if the OP truly played is a warrior, they would already know.

All in all, thank you for this thread, it brought tears to my eyes, especially the teleport comment. I’m laughing now even as I think of it.

Great sword 3 should become a point blank Aoe spin attack with a range of 4000 and a teleport. Damage may or may not need adjusted.

Great sword 5 either have the cd decreased or be completely changed to a teleport. Perhaps a overhead cleave with a teleport?

Hammer 3 should have its range increased slightly or make the cone larger and be given a teleport.

Hammer 4 should have a slightly shorter cd and a teleport.

Axe should have a 10% damage buff and a teleport acrossed the board

Mobile strikes needs to be changed. Shorter internal cd maybe. With a teleport.

Heal Sig doesn’t need a change for the fact it can be countered with conditions. Maybe put a teleport on it though. Disregarding solider runes that r not the warriors fault,they have 4 conditions removeals. 1 is a heal skill 2 are a traited weapon skill. Only one (shake it off) is an actuall utility skill.

There I fixed your suggestions a bit and they are still just as ridiculous as what you wanted.

I Once was Dead…Now am Reborn

warriors changes

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

All the mobility means is that they can get out of a fight quickly. There’s nothing OP about running away.
As a warrior player I don’t particularly fear GS warriors. If it’s a 1 on 1 I’m much more worried about hammer/mace-shield or Longbow/ sw-sw

Even dual axes are more worrisome. GS relies upon the enemy being bad or having poor reactions (outside of 100B, is there anything to it?)

Its funny how people say “running away isn’t OP” when it concerns warriors, but when D/D ele used to do that which had nowhere near the survivability and damage output that warrior has now, everyone screamed and cried like little children that it was OP and demanded nerfs. Now we have a 40 sec cooldown.

warriors changes

in WvW

Posted by: fedecane.6259

fedecane.6259

@Nikkinella Yeah you have a 40 seconds CD on a weapon setup that 60% of the whole pool of elementalists use… here we are talking about a warrior with GS – S/WH being too mobile.. and I believe that less than 5% of the warriors use that weapon combo, because it’s ridiculously useless, it is used just to run fast from point A to point B, then you will surely swap out your GS for a Hammer or a Longbow depending on the situation..

So don’t complain of a warrior being too mobile with that weapon setup because you may not be able to stop and kill one but there’s no way that you’ll be killed by one either!