we beg you not to balance around spvp

in WvW

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

Anet – We beg you to stop attempting to balance the entire game around spvp. If the leaked patch notes are any evidence, it’s clear that you only care about class balance within spvp, even at the expense of wvw. To wit: ranger pets are op in spvp. they are badly bugged in wvw. In fact they are laughable. Why are you nerfing ranger pets if not for spvp? Thieves need help in spvp. They don’t in wvw, at least for 1v1 fights. Yet you continue to pigeon hole them into 1v1 builds, making them even more hated.

I hate to tell you, but as it stands, this game is not a popular e-sport, and I doubt it ever will be. wvw is unique and draws many more players. Spend your time fixing wvw and stop breaking it for spvp balance.

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

This is how popular PvP is:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/1K-gem-card-giveaway

Giving away free stuff, 0 replies!

Balancing the game around the part of the game fewest people play is just crazy…

in WvW

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

This is how popular PvP is:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/1K-gem-card-giveaway

Giving away free stuff, 0 replies!

Balancing the game around the part of the game fewest people play is just crazy…

While I agree to some extent, to be fair the person that posted that thread is perhaps the most disliked player in the game at least on the PvP side, also… a like on facebook to be entered? lol NO, PvP folks have self respect, also PvPers dont need gems.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in WvW

Posted by: SafiMoyo.5130

SafiMoyo.5130

Yes, please PLEASE stop trying to balance all classes around their performance in sPvP. It’s just such a different game from wvw and pve. I get that they want GW2 to be a real esport, but, like, the rest of the game still… exists.

Champion Hunter

in WvW

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Anet if you nerf ranger pets in wvw, you are not doing it right. In pvp i can get why, i’ve had my moment that a pet stalked me half of the map when i was almost dead, that I felt it maybe was a little to easy for the ranger to kill me. In wvw this doesnt apply at all. With so much aoe damage, pets are already vulnerable, and can mostly do single target damage. If you nerf them there, then you basically render them inert. Completely useless.

Confusion nerf wasn’t necessary in wvw (i even beg to differ on pvp, there it should have been 33% nerf, not 50%). Nobody uses confusio, watch your statistics. It’s you Anet who caused it.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in WvW

Posted by: Americium.7182

Americium.7182

wvw is not just a battle of zergs, but the solo / group roaming. thats why changes in spvp should be similar to pve/wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Malismo.3287

Malismo.3287

Here’s an idea, try to make WvWvW an e-sport instead and balance around that, would be a hell more interesting if it functioned properly to play as an e-sport, not to mention more original.

Alysfa/Ms Alysfa/Mistress Alysfa
15,000 WvW Kills
[FSV]

in WvW

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

They should just continue to balance around PvE as they always did. PvE is making them the most money. I mean even WvW is not played by that many players…

there are only about 30 servers each region. 60 servers total. 4 maps and every server can send about 100 players to each map – then queue.

That means about 24000 can play at the same time. And it’s not even queue all the time.

Compared to the thousands of players online at that server doing PvE it is only a small amount.

If WvW really was played by a lot of players then in WvW you’d need different instances of each of the maps because in every matchup every server would have thousands of players that want to play at the same time (like 1200 of each server want to play at the same time and you have 4 maps… 3 instances of each of the maps each 100 players per server).

But we still have servers without queue…

in WvW

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Here’s an idea, try to make WvWvW an e-sport instead and balance around that, would be a hell more interesting if it functioned properly to play as an e-sport, not to mention more original.

I think watching big groups vs other big groups on a stream is much more entertaining then watching Spvp. I agree on that.

But on another note, Spvp is more a ‘Sport’ where u need to have real skills and coordination.

Spvp just need to be more user friendly to new players, cause the most will use their PVE build and get stomped down instantly. Also there are ‘Roles’ in Spvp what a lot of ppl don’t know about like.. Bunker, Roamer, Boss stealer etc etc all these small things.

Maybe the game should tell the player more about that and give recommended builds and gameplay for that specific build.

And not simple text builds, create short ingame videos like in League of Legends to help the player out.

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

in WvW

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

Wvw would require a more skill in large groups if not for lag. When skill lag kicks in its all about numbers

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Rangers are/were not Underpowered in WvW like u think they are/were..

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in WvW

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

Never gonna happen.

Anet needs to make cash off of consumables and Asc gear. They care about your enjoyment but not when it infringes even in the slightest on their wallet.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Rangers are/were not Underpowered in WvW like u think they are/were..

The roamer regen builds are impressive and the maul from a cat with sickem can hit for 5 digit numbers. Not saying they are OP or in need of a significant adjustment but it would be nice to see more un-utilized skills upgraded and that goes for all classes.

Anet needs to make cash off of consumables and Asc gear. They care about your enjoyment but not when it infringes even in the slightest on their wallet.

ANet does have to make money… every business does, but they have been one of the least pay-to-play AAA games ever built. They could easily milk more money from their base but they have stuck to their guns by not having a sub and not offering up any significant advantage from their cash shop.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

I actually think they should go a step further and balance based on 1v1

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in WvW

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

ANet does have to make money… every business does, but they have been one of the least pay-to-play AAA games ever built. They could easily milk more money from their base but they have stuck to their guns by not having a sub and not offering up any significant advantage from their cash shop.

And yet, I can’t stop spending money there

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Anet if you nerf ranger pets in wvw, you are not doing it right. In pvp i can get why, i’ve had my moment that a pet stalked me half of the map when i was almost dead, that I felt it maybe was a little to easy for the ranger to kill me. In wvw this doesnt apply at all. With so much aoe damage, pets are already vulnerable, and can mostly do single target damage. If you nerf them there, then you basically render them inert. Completely useless.

So a build that was garbage for WvW but completely OP in 1v1’s gets nerfed and people complain. I just don’t see the harm in this.

Confusion nerf wasn’t necessary in wvw (i even beg to differ on pvp, there it should have been 33% nerf, not 50%). Nobody uses confusio, watch your statistics. It’s you Anet who caused it.

Confusion nerf was neccesary.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

So a build that was garbage for WvW but completely OP in 1v1’s gets nerfed and people complain. I just don’t see the harm in this.

Confusion nerf was neccesary.

It seems like they fixed it so that confusion no longer proccs from things like dodge skills, etc. This was, I think, the biggest issue with confusion and I think if they undid the confusion nerf it wouldn’t nearly be as bad as it used to be. Plus, on top of that, as far as I know, they STILL haven’t applied the retal nerf in the BL maps. So on the BL maps confusion is nerfed 50% while retal isn’t, even though it should’ve been.

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

Might as well get use to it. They are looking for spvp to make them money. For that they need a fairly balanced game play to get people interested and in.

PvE has been designed to be a casuals paradise, where anyone can do anything and have everything. The people who pve was designed around will spend their money on skins and rng boxes. And balance doesnt really affect them happily standing on the hill to the left spamming 1.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

in WvW

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

They trying to make PvP esports and promoted the game as esports so you know balancing will be around PvP and not around WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

They trying to make PvP esports and promoted the game as esports so you know balancing will be around PvP and not around WvW.

They are able to balance both separately but they pretty much refuse to because its too confusing or something.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: noobftw.9654

noobftw.9654

It seems like anet wants to make spvp esport quality. But until there is a good replacement for perma stealth, no one is ever gonna watch a game that one player just CnD Cnd or 6222 6222 forever.

in WvW

Posted by: Anzu.5702

Anzu.5702

Love this, so true OP and I share your thoughts exactly. The thing that probably boost spvp attendance rates is that people use it to duel and test builds, which generally speaking most would rather do with their pve characters they spent time building up.

Stop ruining our beloved wvw. Wvw players are passionate and the mode tends to attract the older gamers. Gamers who are more likely to be time short and have disposable income. I still for the life of me can’t see why they do not monetize this. The possibilities are endless and all you really need to sell are skins. Hardcore wvwers don’t pve and so can be limited in skin choice. Provide them options on the gem store and bam.

Introduce dueling within pve / wvw and spvp will die.

Xarvacious: Guardian | Xarvo: Engineer | Achiles Augustus: Warrior
[HIRE]
TC