what are you going to do for us?

in WvW

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

Precursors do drop from the chests, but very rarely. I’d love to say you should be able to get everything ever from just playing WvW, but not only is that not going to happen, it’s not good for the game as a whole. We will continue to do what we can to improve the rewards available from WvW and there are some developments specifically relating to skill points that are coming soon to the game as a whole, but honestly if you want to get all the things in the game, you have to play all the game. Branch out, I suspect you’ll enjoy it. And WvW will still be there when you want to play it.

What happened to “Play however you want!”, quoted from the manifesto? Thrown out the window…

Was there “expect to be rewarded the same in every game mode” in the manifesto? You can play PvE or WvW all you want, but why would you expect the same rewards from them? That was never stated to happen, anywhere.

It was stated multiple times on multiple panels by multiple devs on the team.

I’ll bet you 100 gold I can find a direct quote in this regard that sounds similar to, “we don’t want our players to be forced to do content that they don’t want to do. You will be able to play the game exclusively in PvP and not be at any disadvantage for doing so.”

Now if won’t be that verbatim, but it’s gonna be real close. So whattya say? 100 gold on the table. I’m wrong and its all yours. Friendly wager.

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

in WvW

Posted by: Jaidy.1824

Jaidy.1824

Why would you play WvW for the items game? It’s not designed for that.

and why shouldn’t be wvw rewarding? Most of the time i play WvW and got my credits mostly from the loot i sell. Badges i can use to buy the armor/weapons from wvw vendors.

If there is no loot/badge (bugged)drop in WvW, how i ment to make money then to buy new equipment?

Not sure how other players how do this. But my play time is mostly 80% wvw / 20% pve (due to dailies and from time to time some content).

What happened to “Play however you want!”, quoted from the manifesto? Thrown out the window…

This is the same which applies to the daily achievement imho. Why not unlocking the full achievement list everyday and let people play how they want. Instead of giving us 10 random/predetermined each day. Ill guess that’s another story.

(edited by Jaidy.1824)

in WvW

Posted by: Hrist.8972

Hrist.8972

I’ll bet you 100 gold I can find a direct quote in this regard that sounds similar to, “we don’t want our players to be forced to do content that they don’t want to do. You will be able to play the game exclusively in PvP and not be at any disadvantage for doing so.”

Now if won’t be that verbatim, but it’s gonna be real close. So whattya say? 100 gold on the table. I’m wrong and its all yours. Friendly wager.

What disadvantage are you experiencing these days if you play only WvW?

Hrist Unriht – [Hovi] Unseelie Court – Seafarer’s Rest EU

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Maybe a better solution is to make the content in all the game types to be worth playing without being forced?

In past games I did a lot of PvE, I do not in this game because it is a joke. Dreadfully easy or repetitive rubbish like fractals. Really the ONLY reason to do it is money, but once you decide not to get a legendary, you have no need of money at all.

Sorry that your PvE is so bad you have to force WvWers out there, but really I would rather not have a legendary then deal with that garbage.

Why would you be forced to anything if you have no desire for the legendary? Or are you saying you’re forced to have a legendary? And that you should get it from wherever you please? Come on…

Yes apologist, if someone wants a Legendary weapon, one of the few ‘work towards’ carrots the game has, they are forced into PvE. Devon said that they give us kitten loot in WvW because they need us to fill PvE maps, ie forcing folks out there if a person wants that level of loot.

My comment was that it is a failed approach because once you decide you do not need a legendary, you do not need the loot, and as such do not need PvE at all.

Trying to force people out there will never be as effective as making PvE worth doing.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Hrist.8972

and why shouldn’t be wvw rewarding? Most of the time i play WvW and got my credits mostly from the loot i sell. Badges i can use to buy the armor/weapons from wvw vendors.

If there is no loot/badge (bugged)drop in WvW, how i ment to make money then to buy new equipment?

Not sure how other players how do this. But my play time is mostly 80% wvw / 20% pve (due to dailies and from time to time some content).

I’m not against it being rewarding in a sense that you can get your character geared, but when I’m talking about ‘items game’ it’s the prestige and hard to get skins and looks for your character.

in WvW

Posted by: Gadzooks.4687

Gadzooks.4687

If we didn’t encourage people to play multiple game types there would be many more empty maps.

WvW borderlands seem to have more players at any given time than 90% of the games zones do. Why not take the business to where the customers are? When a restaraunt sees that most of its customers are ordering hotdogs, it doesnt ignore that demand and try to focus primarily on Spam n eggs instead.

Are you intentionally not doing more for WvW in hopes that these players will venture back into the world and revist all these empty, desolate zones again? What exactly is anet trying to achieve here? Doesnt money drive most of the decision making? Arent there tons of potential customers in WvW at every hour of the day? Its like a bunch of customers standing around in a store, and the shop owner saying “Sorry, Im not gonna sell anything to you, please go next door to the other store if you really want to shop”

in WvW

Hrist.8972

Yes apologist, if someone wants a Legendary weapon, one of the few ‘work towards’ carrots the game has, they are forced into PvE. Devon said that they give us kitten loot in WvW because they need us to fill PvE maps, ie forcing folks out there if a person wants that level of loot.

My comment was that it is a failed approach because once you decide you do not need a legendary, you do not need the loot, and as such do not need PvE at all.

Trying to force people out there will never be as effective as making PvE worth doing.

But you can get the same level loot from WvW, exotics are in line with legendary at the moment, they are the same level. So you’re not losing out in terms of effectiveness at least. Because of that, you don’t have to do PvE at all and focus on WvW all you want, isn’t that as intended?

in WvW

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

While I don’t disagree with the original posters outcry, I think a few people in this topic are a bit misguided. Players who play PvP, do it primarily because of the player to player combat. And players who play PvE, do it primarily because of the rewards. So the fact that it’s easier to get rewards in PvE then WvW, is not really that strange. It’s also meant as a way to spread the player-base out across all the content of Guild Wars 2. Just like you also have to play WvW, if you want 100% map completion.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

in WvW

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

Wise not to take me up on the wager :P

There’s literally no commensurate reward structure. If I dedicated my time to living story, or PvE content in general, I would have vastly more to show for my time invested. This is genuinely not a concern of mine, as all I want is a fun, refined, and engaging PvP experience. Defeating skilled opposition in a straight fight is it’s own reward that few PvE casuals will ever attain, especially since the game AI is about as smart as a box of screws…not to insult any boxes of screws that may be seeing this…

It would be nice to obtain equality in rewards between the modes, but I personally, and obviously don’t speak for everyone, couldn’t care less about accumulating crap. I just want new and exciting places and ways to kill, maim, and mutilate my opposition in a bug, exploit, and hack resistant if not free environment.

Keep your karma, your gold, your precursor drops, your achievement points, and all that other BS we assumed would be obtained in a myriad of ways other than grinding out content we don’t want to do. I’ve made my peace with that lie on account of overambitious design goals. All I want is a WvW that’s fresh, fun, bug free, and full of skilled players for me to pit myself against. The progression system I’m most concerned with is always my player skill.

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

in WvW

Hrist.8972

I just want new and exciting places and ways to kill, maim, and mutilate my opposition in a bug, exploit, and hack resistant if not free environment.

Keep your karma, your gold, your precursor drops, your achievement points, and all that other BS we assumed would be obtained in a myriad of ways other than grinding out content we don’t want to do. I’ve made my peace with that lie on account of overambitious design goals. All I want is a WvW that’s fresh, fun, bug free, and full of skilled players for me to pit myself against. The progression system I’m most concerned with is always my player skill.

That’s an excellent way to think. I’d appreciate more varied skills and weapon sets but I don’t think those are going to be on the table anytime soon. Keeping WvW fresh though is quite a challenge, at least from when I try to think about how it could be refreshened without issues, I fall short quite fast.

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Less potential income. Less options.

SPvP has these disadvantages too, however it makes up for its no income state by allowing anyone access to the same weapons/armor at any time.

If I want to change sets of armor/weapons in a timely manner so I can play competitively and have a wider range of experiences in WvW my best bet is something like this 1) Gem Store (gems to gold) 2) PvE 3) Everything else.

I guess it is a moot point complaining about WvW drops or items. Players don’t feel inherently ripped off when they dip out into PvE-land and get showered in loot. Nope.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

(edited by Urrid.4593)

in WvW

Hrist.8972

If I want to change sets of armor/weapons so I can play competitively in WvW my best bet is something like this 1) Gem Store (gems to gold) 2) PvE 3) Everything else.

But there is quite a selection of different stat variations of WvW armor and weapons available in exchange for badges. I know this because I had 3 sets of different gear stats for 3 different playstyles, all of them from the WvW vendors.

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

If I want to change sets of armor/weapons in a timely manner so I can play competitively and have a wider range of experiences in WvW my best bet is something like this 1) Gem Store (gems to gold) 2) PvE 3) Everything else.

It takes 5g and a bunch of badges (of which you should have more than enough) to get a full set of gear. It takes zero time to do this: go to merchant → click on tab with gear → buy gear.

Your PvE equivalent is either to craft (upwards of 20g+ in mats for a full set) or to grind 1200+ tokens of dungeon gear or 300k+ karma (for some odd stat sets).

Its fine to complain about legendaries (I have no idea WHY you’re complaining about a PvE end-goal, I don’t WvW to get shinnies I do it to kill people, but that’s another matter) but to actually complain about armor now? Four months ago, sure. Now? Not so much.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Urrid.4593

If you do not have the badges aleady,

Collecting the needed badges is slower than playing PvE and buying the items outright off of the Trading Post. My rough estimate is anywhere from 2x-10x slower (depending on which server you play on badges are more scarce.)

The dependency in time spent is what I take issue with.

(edited by Urrid.4593)

in WvW

Vena.8436

If you do not have the badges aleady,

Collecting the needed badges is slower than playing PvE and buying the items outright off of the Trading Post. My rough estimate is anywhere from 2x-10x slower (depending on which server you play on badges are more scarce.)

The dependency in time spent is what I take issue with.

I am unsure how true that statement actually is but that may have something to do with my being in T1, but even our (four to seven of us) daily havoc nights for a few hours net us at least a hundred badges if we get good, consistent team fights but even then, just cycling camps/sentries for supply usually gets you plenty of badges even if you never encounter a soul that isn’t surrounded by 79 other people.

Certainly the Karma gain in WvW is simply massive, and that is a supplementary armor venue. Grinding PvE even in the new zones/circuits would still take you a good seveal hours to get the money for a full set + weapons. I’d actually say they are relatively comparable at this point.

And our amulets are 10 laurels cheaper! :P

[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Convenant.7092

Convenant.7092

Precursors do drop from the chests, but very rarely. I’d love to say you should be able to get everything ever from just playing WvW, but not only is that not going to happen, it’s not good for the game as a whole. We will continue to do what we can to improve the rewards available from WvW and there are some developments specifically relating to skill points that are coming soon to the game as a whole, but honestly if you want to get all the things in the game, you have to play all the game. Branch out, I suspect you’ll enjoy it. And WvW will still be there when you want to play it.

Was there “expect to be rewarded the same in every game mode” in the manifesto? You can play PvE or WvW all you want, but why would you expect the same rewards from them? That was never stated to happen, anywhere.

Actually it was explicitly spoken that you’d never have to get out of your way to playing however you want to be competitive. That’s the definition of playing however you want. Please inform yourself before thinking.

in WvW

Vena.8436

Actually it was explicitly spoken that you’d never have to get out of your way to playing however you want to be competitive. That’s the definition of playing however you want. Please inform yourself before thinking.

Which is beyond stupid to actually believe, ergo:

The Explorer’s Guild of Tyria doesn’t get jack-kitten, and exploring is a major part of the game that I wouldn’t even specifically call "PvE’ as it is commonly defined, more like PvCamera. When to RPers get rewarded for their X hours RPing like the best RPers out there?

And aside from rings and a backpiece, WvW is pretty much in line with the rest of the game.

[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Hrist.8972

You can be competitive right now just by playing WvW, it is true at the moment. It takes time sure, but so does PvE. It might take more time invested in certain game modes, but the statement is true these days. Your gear, in the term of effectiveness, will be exactly the same (Exotics mixed with Ascended quality) after a certain amount of time spent playing either PvE or WvW. If you want to ridicule me about this, how about you take a good look at the game at it’s current state and kindly inform yourself before thinking.

edit: Alright, if I remember right, you cannot get Ascended back items from WvW yet, so there’s an issue that I hear is going to get addressed.

in WvW

Posted by: Convenant.7092

Convenant.7092

Which is beyond stupid to actually believe, ergo:

The Explorer’s Guild of Tyria doesn’t get jack-kitten, and exploring is a major part of the game that I wouldn’t even specifically call "PvE’ as it is commonly defined, more like PvCamera. When to RPers get rewarded for their X hours RPing like the best RPers out there?

And aside from rings and a backpiece, WvW is pretty much in line with the rest of the game.

What the kitten are you talking about? You either PVE, WvW or sPvP… of COURSE I don’t mean that you can troll Lion’s Arch and get good gear…

in WvW

Hrist.8972

edit: Alright, if I remember right, you cannot get Ascended back items from WvW yet, so there’s an issue that I hear is going to get addressed.

That’s funny, because if I strickly play WvW I get 1 laurel a day and an additional 10 each month… so 40 laurels a month… in order to buy 1 Ascended item…

How many Ascended items can you get in a month, running dungeons?

Dungeons are one part of PvE content. So you wouldn’t get enough only by running dungeons.

Scouting is one part of WvW content. Do I get any laurels if I do nothing else? No.

in WvW

Urrid.4593

Who cares if it isn’t even within the same league, you can get them!

~points at WvW achievements for the past 12 months~

It is funny too since achievement points are mechanically worth something substantial now…

If dungeons = fractals, a lot. ~.~

in WvW

Hrist.8972

Who cares if it isn’t even within the same league, you can get them!

~points at WvW achievements for the past 12 months~

It is funny too since achievement points are mechanically worth something substantial now…

If dungeons = fractals, a lot. ~.~

I wouldn’t call the gain substantial, it’s nice though.

And I’m sorry if people go around editing and deleting their post so that I’m actually answering to something else than what you are seeing. His first unedited post was talking only about laurels.

in WvW

Posted by: Arvid.3829

Arvid.3829

1) Achievements will be getting better for WvW in the next few builds and I totally agree with that point.
2) What I said had literally nothing to do with how you get items in the game and had everything to do with the fact that the game is just better when there are other players around. Empty maps are less fun than maps with people on them. If we didn’t encourage people to play multiple game types there would be many more empty maps.

Just wanted to drop by to say this: Devon, I’ve just read all the posts you’ve made today and man, I feel for you. What you said makes total sense, unfortunately there are apparently people that don’t want to hear what you’re saying… :S

in WvW

Niim.9260

But you can get the same level loot from WvW, exotics are in line with legendary at the moment, they are the same level. So you’re not losing out in terms of effectiveness at least. Because of that, you don’t have to do PvE at all and focus on WvW all you want, isn’t that as intended?

Before you respond to another one of my posts, please read it.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Hrist.8972

Nice dodge.

in WvW

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

I don’t think Anet really knows what we want… they know what we would like:

new maps… new features, some bugs fixed, etc etc…

But those are “Likes”…

Those “likes” won’t make Anet any money… that’s all damage control stuff.. it’s fluff to keep people pve’n, which is where the money is…

You know what WvW’ers want?

We want to stomp people’s faces in w/ a big ol Orge Finisher…

How much money did those finishers generate for you, eh?

You know what we want? We want WvW specific items that will let us bash more heads in.. and we’ll buy/pay gems for it:

WvW specific Sigil…
WvW specific Gear w/ WvW specific Bonuses…
WvW specific Weapons bought/created from Badges, Gems & Karma…

Monetize the aspect of the game so your analyst can go tell your investors… “hey, there’s profit to be made here… let’s dump some resources into i”…

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

(edited by Amins.3710)

in WvW

Niim.9260

Nice dodge.

Still not reading, apologist?

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Hrist.8972

Nice dodge.

Still not reading apologist?

I get it that you are complaining because you can’t get what you want out of only one game type, but it’s the same for everyone else. PvE guys need to step bit into WvW to get their legendaries. And just because you don’t find PvE content enjoyable doesn’t make it a fact, there’s so many individuals who do only PvE and love it and because that issue is subjective, I’m not going to dip my hand into it. My issue with one of your posts was the sentence in where you alleged that you are forced out of WvW to get same level loot as PvE guys, which isn’t exactly true, though it isn’t exactly wrong either because of the backpiece at the moment. Keep on that clean ad hominem, it’s a nice change of pace from the usual kind.

in WvW

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

So forcing WvWers to play stale/non-challenging and repetitive pve and lack luster ‘living world’ stuff is good for the game? That will only push those people away from the game.

Forget about precursors, allow us to purchase consumables at a reasonable price from wvw vendors.

Allowing us to purchase gear with badges/reasonable sums of money was a step in the right direction. Why not allow us to purchase soulbound runes/sigils and consumables as well? This will greatly improve the replay value for characters as they can try different gear/builds rather than shelfing the character and deciding to reroll another one or quit the game.

Introduce some of the skins purchasable by tickets such as the jade dragon ones to be purchasable from wvw and hell make it reasonably pricey to instill a sense of achievement.

Open up armor skins to reflect 5 or so ranks of WvW so people will recognize you instantly etc.

in WvW

Niim.9260

Nice dodge.

Still not reading apologist?

I get it that you are complaining because you can’t get what you want out of only one game type, but it’s the same for everyone else. PvE guys need to step bit into WvW to get their legendaries. And just because you don’t find PvE content enjoyable doesn’t make it a fact, there’s so many individuals who do only PvE and love it and because that issue is subjective, I’m not going to dip my hand into it. My issue with one of your posts was the sentence in where you alleged that you are forced out of WvW to get same level loot as PvE guys, which isn’t exactly true, though it isn’t exactly wrong either because of the backpiece at the moment. Keep on that clean ad hominem, it’s a nice change of pace from the usual kind.

You do not get it because that is not what I am complaining about. My comment is that short changing WvWers will not make them do more PvE and it is a broken approach. Even if you make a few more folks hit the the PvE zones, is that worth having most of the WvW population feeling like ANET doesn’t care about their game type and that they get shafted in favor of PvE at every opportunity? I think it is bad business.

If you want folks to play more game types, then make them all equally fun to play. I like PvE, but I need it to be a challenge, complicated and involve thinking and discussing ways through an encounter and most importantly involve teamwork. The only challenge in GW2’s PvE at endgame is how fast you can run the otherwise easy dungeon, or making it to a high enough fractal for it to become superficially challenging before it gets boring and repetitive. I do living story events if there is a worthwhile rewards or it interests me, but that takes like a day or two and you have worked your way through it and generally none of it is challenging.

My comment about “same level loot” is about amount and value, nothing at all to do with stats. I can AFK while working, watch timers and spend a few minutes at each event getting credit and then picking up my loot. Doing that one day will earn me significantly more golds/exotics and thus chances at precursor then I will get actively playing with my server mates in WvW all week. Devon seems to feel that is good business, I think it is kitten.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Hi Devon,

You posted whilst I was typing – blame my poor keyboard skills,

Yes: An entirel;y WvW version of GW2 would be as vacuuous as an entirely PvE version; and we are free to move our PvE/WvW characters freely between modes. Nevertheless, the PvE side of the game is far more rewarding than the PvP side.

All I am asking for is an equality in rewards for time spent & skill.

I have characters I am levelling – they are not yet fully-equipped. I need new gear for them.

The timer website suggests that our Frozen Maw will be up in 7 minutes…

Starting now, I will take a character to Krennaks, and you take a character to WvW. In 10 minutes time, we compare notes to see who has most gold to equip a new character. We both know who will have most.

Sorry if this looks like a personal attack, that is not my intention: I am just looking for an official response that says that GW2 is a PvE game with PvP as a sideline.

I suspect there is a somewhat stupid reason for this. Some of the comments regarding the cost of ascended equipment has pointed in this direction too.

I think they have limited the loot in WvW because they don’t want people going into WvW just for “better” loot. So the challenge is how do you create a reward system that would reward the WvW player without turning WvW into ‘a pretty good farming location’.

in WvW

Hrist.8972

You do not get it because that is not what I am complaining about. My comment is that short changing WvWers will not make them do more PvE and it is a broken approach. Even if you make a few more folks hit the the PvE zones, is that worth having most of the WvW population feeling like ANET doesn’t care about their game type and that they get shafted in favor of PvE at every opportunity? I think it is bad business.

If you want folks to play more game types, then make them all equally fun to play. I like PvE, but I need it to be a challenge, complicated and involve thinking and discussing ways through an encounter and most importantly involve teamwork. The only challenge in GW2’s PvE at endgame is how fast you can run the otherwise easy dungeon, or making it to a high enough fractal for it to become superficially challenging before it gets boring and repetitive. I do living story events if there is a worthwhile rewards or it interests me, but that takes like a day or two and you have worked your way through it and generally none of it is challenging.

My comment about “same level loot” is about amount and value, nothing at all to do with stats. I can AFK while working, watch timers and spend a few minutes at each event getting credit and then picking up my loot. Doing that one day will earn me significantly more golds/exotics and thus chances at precursor then I will get actively playing with my server mates in WvW all week. Devon seems to feel that is good business, I think it is kitten.

You are talking about most of the WvW population but that is only an assumption. Most of the people playing GW2 PvE are not of the kind that would enjoy challenging content from what I’ve seen, so while you would certainly like more challenges on the PvE side, it might not actually work infavor of the game and/or arenanet as a whole. I can already see people enjoying getting easy new shinies every few weeks now that they’ve got the Living Story ball rolling and if you go and change that, it’s going to create some dissatisfaction pretty surely.

I’m not saying though that challenging content shouldn’t be included, since it would spice the game up for those waiting for ‘meaningful’ PvE content. But is the resources available for the game really up for that too? It seems to me that they’re having ridiculously hard time with only current setup of Living Story + WvW revamp/improve + PvP and general balancing. The LS content is coming in a steady manner so it’s obviously getting more attention, but I guess that’s because of the majority of playerbase is in there.

How big of a portion you think a precursor is for getting a legendary? Are you really using all that is available from WvW to get one? I’m not quite sure, but I think you can throw the rewards you buy with badges into the Mystic Toilet and get a precursor with the same chance as with PvE exotics.

in WvW

Posted by: LotuS.4378

LotuS.4378

This is how I translate this most of this response:

My statement doesn’t require translation. WvW is a part of GW2, it is not its own game, it is not a standalone product and it is not separate from the game. Your characters from WvW are usable in PvE and vice-versa for a reason. I love WvW and prefer it to the rest of our game, but I still go and run Living World content when I feel like it. The idea is that all of our players create an ecosystem that is interdependent. If players only played one or the other, each area would be less compelling and less fun. Sure, there are some number of people who only play WvW, but more people play the rest of the game as well. If people had to pick which to play WvW would have fewer people playing it, period. Don’t confuse my belief that our game is better the more people you find around you with some sort of slighting of WvW or a statement that WvW is second best. I focus my efforts entirely on WvW every day of the week and I will continue to do so. We want everyone who buys our game to play as much of all the parts of the game they enjoy because that is what we do.

it look like, you want us to play PvE, but its not working/people dont want to play pve.

[INC] Incendies
http://incendies-guild.tk/

in WvW

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

This is how I translate this most of this response:

My statement doesn’t require translation. WvW is a part of GW2, it is not its own game, it is not a standalone product and it is not separate from the game. Your characters from WvW are usable in PvE and vice-versa for a reason. I love WvW and prefer it to the rest of our game, but I still go and run Living World content when I feel like it. The idea is that all of our players create an ecosystem that is interdependent. If players only played one or the other, each area would be less compelling and less fun. Sure, there are some number of people who only play WvW, but more people play the rest of the game as well. If people had to pick which to play WvW would have fewer people playing it, period. Don’t confuse my belief that our game is better the more people you find around you with some sort of slighting of WvW or a statement that WvW is second best. I focus my efforts entirely on WvW every day of the week and I will continue to do so. We want everyone who buys our game to play as much of all the parts of the game they enjoy because that is what we do.

it look like, you want us to play PvE, but its not working/people dont want to play pve.

Wow. Are there elves and pixies outside your window too? Open your eyes to reality, there are even more people in PvE now that they’ve made champions worth fighting.

in WvW

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

Tonight, 5 people from my wvw guild went to pve for 2-3 hours and I made 20+ gold. Last night, we were in wvw and I made 5 gold in 6 hours. Money is still made, but not at the same rate. I think that has been established.

However, there is nothing in this game that is ESSENTIAL that is impossible to get on a wvw “salary.” All you get more money for is to buy skins, which is a non-essential part of the game. I’ll be honest, it is the only reason I PvE and I would love to be able to get some of the skins and whatnot that I want in WvW, but that seems unlikely. However, that is mostly my problem for being so intent on being the most fabulous pink fairy mesmer available.

However, with the impending implementation of ascended gear into the game, unless it’s done well, I will be left out to dry. I have 4 sets of armor on my mesmer with the intention of getting a 5th (because I change up my builds a lot), but if I am going to have to grind in pve (and heaven forbid fractals) to get a replacement for these 4(+) sets, I’m going to be incredibly annoyed. I’m still getting the commendations and laurels needed for ascended accessories on my ele and necro (the only two alts I will be giving ascended) and then there’s the whole issue of my ascended rabid trinkets on my mesmer, even though the situation may call for pvt. I know that ascended is not NECESSARY to competitive wvw play, but it is helpful. And farming in pve for the sets of gear I want is upsetting. My fear is that the ascended gear will actually force us to play one character in one set of armor (eg: a restricted number of builds effectively played) and therefore I cannot play the way that I want. I can still play, but if I die in a fight, I want to know that I died because we were both on equal footing and the other guy beat me, not wondering if the reason I lost is because they ran ascended armor and I can only get ascended trinkets because that’s all that’s easily available to a casual PvE-er…

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

You’re playing the game wrong OP. To get Legendary you must play all parts of the game, not just 1. This is because Legendary is the ultimate goal with the game. If you were to get Legendary purely from WvW there would be little sense of achievement, all it would take is time, instead of focusing on several aspects of the game. You’re meant to enjoy the game to the fullest, it’s your own fault that you only play WvW. And this is okay as long as all stats are equal and getting a legendary isnt a must.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in WvW

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

First I thought this rant was about WvW. Then I realised it is about a player crying for a legendary.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

Dont get the fuss, Legendary weapons are not better then normal what i can se.

in WvW

Posted by: Klawlyt.6507

Klawlyt.6507

Snip

Oh god! I forgot about the forthcoming new tier of gear! (Yes, I know it’s technically an expansion of the current highest tier, but it’s still a whole new round of power creep.)

Yeah, if they’re not attainable in WvW in a reasonably similar time frame to what they are in PvE, I’m going to quit. This isn’t a tantrum, this isn’t an empty threat. I actually stopped playing for ~5 months after the first round of ascended gear showed up. I’ll keep an eye on the game, again, of course. I loves me some ANet, but I do not support pandering to the WoW crowd. I hate to throw the manifesto around, but lack of gear grind is what brought me here.

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real.
No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Dont get the fuss, Legendary weapons are not better then normal what i can se.

They are going to be at par with ascended level very soon. Just another thing which will throw wvw further out of balance.
I play multiple characters, so am I supposed to equip all with legendary weapons and ascended armor? Why are we discouraged to play multiple characters?
In the end, all the PVEers will have the best equipment in a PVP zone.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

Start upgrading and building superior siege for your server. I’m broke all the time as a WvW-only.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in WvW

Posted by: LotuS.4378

LotuS.4378

Players : Anet, what are you going to do for us?
Anet/Devon : You got your fantastic siege skills. We have much more. 1 new skill per month, isnt it lot of changes?
Anet/Devon : We are working on many things, should be released at 2150.
Anet/Devon : Completly nothing, you dumb kitteners. Stop playing WvW, go rock’n’roll in Living Story.

end of story.

[INC] Incendies
http://incendies-guild.tk/

(edited by LotuS.4378)

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Praise honesty at least.

In last few days they said that
-acc bound wxp isn’t going to happen
-they balance and update wvw with the blob/coverage/blobbing/siege wars in mind

Bam, crushed at least 2 things that would have led to a better wvw. But now you can always stop hoping for those, isn’t that awesome?

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in WvW

Zumy.6318

Praise honesty at least.

In last few days they said that
-acc bound wxp isn’t going to happen
-they balance and update wvw with the blob/coverage/blobbing/siege wars in mind

Bam, crushed at least 2 things that would have led to a better wvw. But now you can always stop hoping for those, isn’t that awesome?

Please quote!

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Please quote!

Here we go

We will not be changing WvW ranks or WxP to be account bound.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Got-a-reply-to-account-bound-WvW-level/first

WvW is about sieging and controlling objectives and about open field combat. All our changes are with that totality in mind and will continue to be.

+

Are the orbs coming back? No. Are we bringing back the buff? Yes

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Orbs-of-Power-gonna-return/first

(about orbs: either they support current meta, or they do not have a clue about wvw)

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in WvW

Zumy.6318

This is pretty much everything Wvwers do not want. Well, I did not expect anything different from that.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

in WvW

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

Dear devs, I have some suggestions for wvw as a wvw fan.

Please make wvw ranks somehow visible to friendly units(i suggest rank icons next to our names), so our ranks and character development can be seen by other players. So we can brag about our wvw ranks, playtime etc. :P
With current system no one knows that your character is in a good or bad wvw condition.
Well, this is an mmo so we need a little competition, there’s no point to grind for high ranks to compete other players. (except new wvw skills specs etc.)
It would be good if we had wvw rank icons next to our nicknames just like battlefield 2. (online fps game)
——-
Implementation of private or guild wvw commander system is needed. Most of wvw players play in wvw oriented guilds, and they do private raids in wvw. We use ctrl+t to target/mark our clan leader/commander in order to have a private commander. It would be good if we had a seperate private commander tag in map which is only visible to guild members.
——-
wvw server leaderboards aren’t enough, we should earn honor points with our guild and upgrade our guild with these wvw honor points for new wvw features. also guilds will compete to get a good position in guild wvw leaderboards with these honor points. you can also add capes like in gw1 which we will be able to unlock better ones with guild honor points.
——
and please let us convert badges to gems/gold or other currencies. For ex. 250 badges > 80-100 gems
There’s no use for them at endgame as most of veteran wvw fans don’t need basic exotic gear/ascended trinket etc.

(edited by Umut.5471)

in WvW

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

I love this thread has a ton of people actually talking about loot…..Real pvpers dont care about loot…its about smoking opposition. The game mechanics that Devon defends…allows bad players to win. Not just more than they should, THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!

The BEST small man teams literally get placed in a wheelchair, have their eyes cauterized, and 3 out of 5 fingers cut off each hand by Anet game mechanics. I am all for losing against better players, thats how you get better…….It’s being forced to lose against far worse players that decided our 5 man leaving GW2.

It is comical how sour the forums have become. Like someone else said “the forums are a train wreck and well deserved”

Any product left in its original non-evolving state for the most part in present day will be passed up in interest and $$$ spent.

PAXA -GM

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

I’d love to say you should be able to get everything ever from just playing WvW, but not only is that not going to happen, it’s not good for the game as a whole.

but honestly if you want to get all the things in the game, you have to play all the game. Branch out, I suspect you’ll enjoy it. And WvW will still be there when you want to play it.

Pfffffft, it is obvious you guys just do not understand many of the WvWers….Read all I need to read moving forward. Thank you sir for the info.

Mag Server Leader

(edited by King Amadaeus.8619)

in WvW

Posted by: vanzan.1250

vanzan.1250

I’d love to say you should be able to get everything ever from just playing WvW, but not only is that not going to happen, it’s not good for the game as a whole.

but honestly if you want to get all the things in the game, you have to play all the game. Branch out, I suspect you’ll enjoy it. And WvW will still be there when you want to play it.

Pfffffft, it is obvious you guys just do not understand many of the WvWers….Read all I need to read moving forward. Thank you sir for the info.

Have to agree here. If there was no wvw, many of us would not be playing GW2. We are players of a particular genre and we don’t choose to dislike pve, but fact is many of us do. Don’t try and push a square into a circle, it’s not going to happen.