when will Blueprint be acc bound?

in WvW

Posted by: Azriel.9237

Azriel.9237

as per title

i thought Anet was working on it already? when will it be implemented?

tq!

in WvW

Posted by: Sithaco.4673

Sithaco.4673

I don’t think they are working on it due to some MAJOR bug or something. It’s safer to leave it as it is.

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

They once said, they put it on soulbound because there was some huge bug out of hell which didn’t allow the BPs to work properly when account bound.
I doubt, they will fix it any time soon.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in WvW

Posted by: Zynthetic.2954

Zynthetic.2954

Dear Anet,

Let us trade blueprints for an account bound container item (like a bag) that when opened, gives us the same blueprint. So that way, you walk up to a vendor on an alt, trade say 5 Flame Ram blueprints for 5 Packaged Flame Ram Blueprints, go deposit them into your bank, switch characters, take the 5 packaged blueprints out, open the 5 of them, and then the other toon now has 5 Flame Ram Blueprint instead.

It’d be a bandaid fix and it’s not perfect obviously, but it’s better then what we have to do currently (spend ages giving prints to a friend and then have them give them back) and would make a nice quality of life improvement. Especially if for some reason there’s no possible way at all to make the blueprints themselves account bound.

Tarnished Coast - Principality of New Katulus [PiNK]
Commander Zynergise – 80 Hammer Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Just let someone else hold them for you?

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in WvW

Azriel.9237

Dear Anet,

Let us trade blueprints for an account bound container item (like a bag) that when opened, gives us the same blueprint. So that way, you walk up to a vendor on an alt, trade say 5 Flame Ram blueprints for 5 Packaged Flame Ram Blueprints, go deposit them into your bank, switch characters, take the 5 packaged blueprints out, open the 5 of them, and then the other toon now has 5 Flame Ram Blueprint instead.

It’d be a bandaid fix and it’s not perfect obviously, but it’s better then what we have to do currently (spend ages giving prints to a friend and then have them give them back) and would make a nice quality of life improvement. Especially if for some reason there’s no possible way at all to make the blueprints themselves account bound.

i like this solution

in WvW

Azriel.9237

Just let someone else hold them for you?

not rly a good solution…when you have around 100+ blueprints on each of your 8 alts…

in WvW

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

They really need to allow them to be tradable too or at least the ability to put them in the GB so someone else can take the and use them.. It’s really a mess on my 6 80’s all having superior siege and no easy way to give to my commanders other than going to a BL on each one and dropping them for them. Nothing is more boring than going in to a bl and standing there for a half hour double clicking and pressing ~ over and over.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Zynthetic.2954

Could make them freely tradeable as well, rather then account bound… Although that’d end up with them being for sale on the trading post (or they could possibly make them freely tradable while still not allowing selling over the TP).

Also when you’re giving someone siege, people can run up and take them from you. Never a good idea to try and give commanders golems in the middle of a zerg. Could go stand out in the middle of nowhere and do it, but still annoying.

in WvW

Ruprect.7260

Could make them freely tradeable as well, rather then account bound… Although that’d end up with them being for sale on the trading post (or they could possibly make them freely tradable while still not allowing selling over the TP).

Also when you’re giving someone siege, people can run up and take them from you. Never a good idea to try and give commanders golems in the middle of a zerg. Could go stand out in the middle of nowhere and do it, but still annoying.

I thought I had heard at one point they were going to make them tradable but not allow them for sale in the TP, but who knows if this was just a rumor. We do go hide at spawn away from everybody and just trade all siege. This way we don’t have to do it in the zerg. It’s just easier for the commanders to have them instead of telling others to throw them down, lol you end up with like 5 rams at a door. There is always a militia that throws some extra down.

[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

I think they said for some odd reason (bad programming) players can only use the blueprints if they were soulbound.

Zynthetic.2954’s suggestion is a nice workaround and should be implemented asap, we’re all annoyed that they only way to trade them is to drop them and having to find a place where a pug wont run in and steal them. The despawn time on dropped prints is pretty low as well, so if like most guilds you only give siege to a commander who decides when to place a siege weapon, going through all your guild members having to drop prints slowly s way too time consuming.

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Or they could just give us an option to sell them for a 50% return of badges so we can get the seige we want on the character we want it on, albeit at a loss.

in WvW

Ruprect.7260

I think they said for some odd reason (bad programming) players can only use the blueprints if they were soulbound.

Zynthetic.2954’s suggestion is a nice workaround and should be implemented asap, we’re all annoyed that they only way to trade them is to drop them and having to find a place where a pug wont run in and steal them. The despawn time on dropped prints is pretty low as well, so if like most guilds you only give siege to a commander who decides when to place a siege weapon, going through all your guild members having to drop prints slowly s way too time consuming.

What is worse is when some poor commander wants to start commanding on an alt. They have to go through the whole process twice with a usually very large amount of siege.

[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

Give them to a trusted friend, then switch characters and re-collect it. Preferably safer with family members, I do it with my father.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Ruprect.7260

Give them to a trusted friend, then switch characters and re-collect it. Preferably safer with family members, I do it with my father.

I know how to do it, we have done it a few times. It’s not fear of being stolen we do this among guildies. It’s the tedium of having to drop sometimes hundreds of siege pick them up by another char and then do it a second time. They just need to make these tradable.

[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Account bound, eh? I don’t want to spoil the next patch, but I’ll just say you’ll be happy with at least 1 thing in there.The reason they are not tradeable at the moment is due to code, something we are in the process of addressing.

(edited by DevonCarver.5370)

in WvW

Posted by: WRod.3856

WRod.3856

Mr. Carver always coming with the clutch.

in WvW

Zynthetic.2954

Account bound, eh? I don’t want to spoil the next patch, but I’ll just say you’ll be happy with at least 1 thing in there.The reason they are not tradeable at the moment is due to code, something we are in the process of addressing.

And this is why you win the internets so often. Communicating with the playerbase for the win, thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Devon you are the best!!!

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Spoil it. We won’t tell anyone.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

If the patch has a note that is half as awesome as you make it sound here, then I will be very pleased. I am hoping for the best here; don’t let me down!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in WvW

Posted by: Torres.2890

Torres.2890

Wait , while you’re here. Please add Valkryie/Apothecary/Giver sets to wvw. Also, are ascended gear being added to wvw? Thanks in advance. Don’t ignore me! :c

Baruch Bay.

in WvW

Posted by: TogoChubb.3984

TogoChubb.3984

Devon you are the man!!!!! Thank you Thank you for making this happen. Now can you make precursors drop when I kill the quags that keep shocking my keeps? LOL! I’m kidding but this blue print stuff is really great news.

Commander Togochubb aka Chubby
Perfect Dark [PD] – Yaks Bend

in WvW

Ruprect.7260

Devon u’r a beast. If I can do anything better than I can now with all of this siege I have I will be ecstatic.

[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Lets not assume stuff before the patch shall we?
There is a reason he don’t say it out loud.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

More grefing in JP. We really needd that.
OMG !!!

in WvW

Posted by: UCF Knight.8095

UCF Knight.8095

People will find a way to complain about account-bound siege, don’t worry.

[VK] Stryder Aragon
[VK] Arwen Evenstar
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Let me put 3 pieces of siege and a mystic stone into the forge for a random superior piece! Actually, I bet this is very costly to do. lol But if you had the chance of getting an Omega out of it, it’d be worth doing. Also, you get more people buying those stones, which translates to more bling for Anette.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Merkator.6351

Merkator.6351

I think Devon’s speaking about guild siege weapons. I am glad to hear that the code issue is being worked on, though!

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

Attachments:

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

[…]

I wouldn’t be so fast to act as if that changed.

They didn’t exactly say that they’ll change them to account bound.

There’s the possibility that they could simply by adding a collection tab for WvW-related items. When you place a soulbound item in a collection slot it becomes a ‘number’ in a stack (e.g.: HoM miniatures), and any character can take it out, but it’ll still be soulbound on a player’s inventory when they get the item again.

If you ask me, between making them account bound and giving them collector slot, I’d rather have the latter.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in WvW

Ruprect.7260

[…]

I wouldn’t be so fast to act as if that changed.

There’s the possibility that they could simply by adding a collection tab for WvW-related items. When you place a soulbound item in a collection slot it becomes a ‘number’ in a stack (e.g.: HoM miniatures), and any character can take it out, but it’ll still be soulbound on a player’s inventory when they get the item again.

If you ask me, between making them account bound and giving them collector slot, I’d rather have the latter.

To me it sound like they are going beyond account bound. Maybe making it possible somehow to put them in the GB so commanders can just take them out of there as a short term fix until they can be traded.

[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Xirin.8593

Meme pics should not be taken verbatim.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Devon is such a cool guy, no more will I have to waste hours drop trading my blueprints between characters.

in WvW

Posted by: Goloith.6349

Goloith.6349

I do it with my father.

Oh my!

i7 920 OC 4.2Ghz, 2x 6970s in Eyefinity mode
Davidah (Guardian) Goloith (Engineer)
Achuni (Mesmer) Doreanora (Thief)

in WvW

Posted by: Ipea.2974

Ipea.2974

When is the next patch?

in WvW

Xirin.8593

When is the next patch?

April 30th, I believe.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/april-30-2013/

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

I do it with my father.

Oh my!

OMG TMI LOL ETC

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

From https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Blueprint-Trading-Is-it-legal/1407177

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Arenanet-willing-to-share-WvW-details/first#post1190149

MikeFerguson
Attic.1562:

Thanks for posting Mike. Would you mind answering another question while you’re at it?
-Is dropping siege blueprints for other characters to pick up an intended function? It seems very bizarre.

It is indeed intended (and bizarre). We would actually prefer to just make the blueprints tradeable, but [B]there are a couple of funky code interactions[/B] that happen to make that impossible for us currently. It’s something we’d like to address at some point, but it’s not very high on the priority list currently.

Also;

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Arenanet-willing-to-share-WvW-details/page/2#post1192287

We tried changing blueprints to being account bound and it completely broke the pack up skill when holding the blueprint so we can’t do that either unfortunately.

I’m hoping that someday may find some programmer magic that can solve this so we can at least get rid of them being soulbound, but[B] nobody is looking at it currently[/B].

(Also, in before CC Eva, “Since this question has been answered, I’m going to lock this thread”).

I will let you draw your own conclusions, but perhaps Devon has bigger plans than account bound.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in WvW

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

I would love for these to be tradeable (in a better way than having to drop them on the ground), but I’m concerned that if we can sell them on the TP, servers that have earned and shared a lot of blueprints will suffer. Richer servers will buy up most of the blueprints and there will be no more incentive to help your fellow players through the jump puzzles to earn blueprints for your server because most of them will just sell them.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I would love for these to be tradeable (in a better way than having to drop them on the ground), but I’m concerned that if we can sell them on the TP, servers that have earned and shared a lot of blueprints will suffer. Richer servers will buy up most of the blueprints and there will be no more incentive to help your fellow players through the jump puzzles to earn blueprints for your server because most of them will just sell them.

The bolded part is a good thing though.
People wasting time in the JP is quite often not helping the server.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

That would be a bad idea though honestly..Alot of commanders get donations from people.Since commanding can be quite expensive,some people throw sieges on the ground for commanders to pick up,more then sending gold.If this option gets removed,certain people will command much less.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

a glimmer of hope!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

No no no! If they make blueprints exchangeable by conventional methods, I won’t be able to get a cut of the loot when guilds do their mesmer portal siege donations in the jumping puzzle. Seriously though, I hate it when normal people have to do the jp for their treasure only to be mobbed by a bunch of freeloaders who didn’t bother doing the jp and took a portal. If a guild wants their blueprints and treasure they should do the jp together fair and square. Mesmer portals in the jumping puzzle is bs.

in WvW

Posted by: Caephire.5238

Caephire.5238

Thanks again Devon, I have multiple BP’s on 6 characters, but I only use the one on the Commander. There is a way around it that involves another person but I didn’t want to bother my Guild mates with it.

This will help me a lot as a Commander, thank you and your team for pulling through.

Commander Foxblaze
Guild Leader: Zepheris Chronology [CHR]
Kaineng from Beginning to End

in WvW

Posted by: Centrix.4065

Centrix.4065

I once threw away all my siege (just destroyed it all) because I refused to have 6 different stacks of rams in my bank, 6 stacks of catas, and so forth. And looking for someone who wants to take an hour of his time to pick up all of my siege I drop on the ground, then drop it back for me on an alt is…. well a waste of time, especially since it’s only possible in WvW, so you have to waste wvw slots to do something useless… Not for me.

And what makes it worse, is that when you drop your siege, it disappears so fast, that you can’t just drop it all quickly and switch characters while your friend picks them up. No you have to drop them slowly and make sure the guy helping you is able to pick them all up in time.

I hope they make these blueprints atleast accountbound, preferably even able to put them in the guildbank or make them collectables like mentioned before. Anything is better than what it is now honestly

Lv.80 Elementalist, Guardian, Necromancer, Thief
[VII] Seventh Legion | http://twitch.tv/censtudios

in WvW

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

The bolded part is a good thing though.
People wasting time in the JP is quite often not helping the server.

Our server often takes all of EB at night and then we help people with the jump puzzle there. Stocking up on siege blueprints is not “wasting time”.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in WvW

Posted by: Pannonica.5378

Pannonica.5378

as per title

i thought Anet was working on it already? when will it be implemented?

Implemented as of right now.

Pannonica
Red Guard