where is everyone

where is everyone

in WvW

Posted by: thatNEWguy.8192

thatNEWguy.8192

Played on Ehmry bay forever then before hot I went to SoS to be able to play out side of NA prime time, then hot came out and we all know how well that went for wvw. But I came back out boredom only to log in multiple times to see an empty ebg with no tag or serious activity. It feels like I’m back on Ehmry again just waiting for prime time. I’ve heard rumors of battle groups or alliances is this true at all or just wishful thinking?

Help me colin johanson your my only hope

P.s. moredromth is the smallest kittening dragon what happened to the mountains being part of his spine and the whole jungle being a part of him.

Attachments:

where is everyone

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

WvW is a giant mess right now, and there is a lot of frustration going on. Many people have stopped playing, are taking breaks, or have to grind pve for guild hall stuff to re-unlock buffs/features they already had unlocked before HoT.

The rumors about alliances, have already been called out as bs, but with anet and wvw…hell we never know, so the rumor persists.

Also the Mordremoth you fight in the story, is not the actual dragon, its just an avatar copied straight from Diablo 3 lol. You have to do the meta event in Dragon’s Stand to see the real one…and its huge. The mountain spines refers to Kralkatorrik.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

where is everyone

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Alliances would be nice but they will do something to bork up alliancse that will make people facepalm alot….
For alliances to work well they have to change alot of thing on the game… to start.

@X T D.6458 i never fought modremoth nor never will, but gw2 as alot of references to Diablo3 wich is cool, even mesmer shield are based on diable elementalist dome that slows down range and enemies.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

where is everyone

in WvW

Posted by: Daggos Skelito.2910

Daggos Skelito.2910

Seems everyone is hanging out at EoTM until this mess gets fixed. Hmm wonder why?? Maybe all the fights going on there!

where is everyone

in WvW

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

Alliances works only if there is population to fill it.
Witch is wishful thinking.
& even so, it would be unbalance, cuz you often have a 5 to1 alliance.
Witch happens all the time in this type of mode.
No in this mode, you need 2 sides only. Alliance & the horde types. That’s it!

where is everyone

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Seems everyone is hanging out at EoTM until this mess gets fixed. Hmm wonder why?? Maybe all the fights going on there!

I still think its more about praying on pve players for wvw / pvp players. If the pve players play on EoTM the ones who “eat” them will move. Shame you can push new OF maps in EoTM its the only thing that keeps that map from become a true open pvp zone.

Any way ppl are there just only at there prime time that nothing new.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

where is everyone

in WvW

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

In pve, if it wasn’t for the mega servers, this game would look way more empty then it is now.

I’m sorry to say that if they want to save WvW, they gonna have to consolidate all existing servers into 1 & create 2 groups to oppose each other. simple as that. & even so. not sure that would save it.

where is everyone

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Waiting for the US version of Blade and Soul to hit in three weeks. Our crew is doing a play through of the latest Grim Dawn release until then.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

where is everyone

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

This is what you get from anet

where is everyone

in WvW

Posted by: Link.1049

Link.1049

We’ve all quit WvW.

where is everyone

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

SoS has had a particularly low population for a long time actually. For the months YB was in T2 SoS was still pretty dead even back then. They made up for score by teaming up with FA.

Things might not be so horribly unbalanced if matchups changed more often. Or if transfer costs didn’t split up the populations so much.

JQ subsidiary

where is everyone

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

everyone is in t1. Because the rest of the tiers are near dead.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

where is everyone

in WvW

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

A-net keeps shooting themselves in the foot, but they survive… so they have to shoot themselves again.

It’s simple: get the PvE contamination and the worst of the bugs out, fix the rewards and let players fight each other again. If the game mode were fun again (alpine maps!) more people would play WvW. The more people playing, the more fun it is.

With some simple fixes, the downward spiral could become an upward one. (hahahahah!, who am I kidding?! E-sports uber alles! They actually want us to quit WvW and switch to PvP :/ )

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

where is everyone

in WvW

Posted by: KayCee.4653

KayCee.4653

People still play WvW. And ANet can’t let us that do play WvW quit as many would leave the game then because most of us do not like PvE especially the grind fest of the same content over and over in the HoT maps.

Yet most people don’t hang out in borderlands anymore cause of the well… bad map design lets say. Also most people that hang out in EBG do so and roam even when no tags.

You have to also think too its the holiday season, and also think too… People can run in guild groups and never have a tag. We do it at times when we don’t want pugs following us. And a heads up T2 isn’t dead, just has its off and on moments.

where is everyone

in WvW

displayname.8315

Yep sad for us that they need to focus on PvE and cranking out the PvP tournaments. Seems like every week the login is talking about some new $50,000 league.

The money is just not in RvR. I mean people still ranting about a 0% wall bug for how long now?? Camelot Unchained going to charge monthly because they know their going to need it.

JQ subsidiary

where is everyone

in WvW

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

As the new maps were forced upon us, and anet fails to heed our wishes and complaints, many of us play only in eb. In my server and guild we do not even visit other borderlands. At least until anet understands that players are the ones who they should listen to.

where is everyone

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Still farming Flax, Elderwood, and Silky Sand til 2017.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

where is everyone

in WvW

Posted by: Bigsexy.8302

Bigsexy.8302

Everyone is busy waiting for CU and Crowfall.
It’s time this game to die after 3 years of suffering.

where is everyone

in WvW

Posted by: Decado.9304

Decado.9304

Anet decided WvW wasnt a viable game mode so rather than cancel it and put up with forum explosion they just made it as kitten as possible so everyone gives up

where is everyone

in WvW

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Well since most of my wvw achievements suddenly got nerfed and completley one of my motivations is gone. Secondly, i rushed hard on the eotm objectives capture achievements, and got em just in time for HoT.

Now that HoT is there:

1) it’s superior grindy. Everything in HoT takes more time then Core tyria games. If you want anything done, PVE is gonna eat your time.
2) The new wvw maps give you no urge to fight. They look beautifull however.
3) It’s harder then ever to get gold. You still can get pve gold, but you must play on the high demand train, like now, with wintersday, farm jumping puzzle winter wonderland for 90 silver (aprox) per succesfull completion (if you are good, this is every 90 seconds).
4) Removal of plants, more mobs, most water, Ore, and wood logs in wvw. This ones inside objectives feel rather lame. This was one of the things that kept me going. If you farmed ore/wood along the way in wvw, you sometimes got decent money. not GREAT, but decent. It cured the feeling, rewards suck in wvw mostly. That is completely gone now.
5) another badge earning nerf (apart from player kills). Vets give them less, Eotm give em less. I farmed 30k, spend all on the special traps (supply trap etc), when they were gonna make them cost silver rather then karma. By spamming eotm pre-HoT i got another 26000. Wich i’m proud of! But now, you get almost none of these either! No prestige anymore.
6) No commanders on wvw mostly.
7) Teamspeak needs more procedures then ever, to get access too on my server (hence why since a year i’m not joining that TS anymore, to much bothering for me). This disconnects from wvw community, and gives thus less reason to replay.
8) Wvw daily chests are crap now. Old liquid wvw was better. New one promotes karma train or nothing, feeling.
9) wvw people are used to Anet ignoring them. The late post ‘but we do care and will put out a mega patch later. PS the small iteration update patch is not that big patch’, doens warm our hearths. Jessica Boetinger, and Devon Carver have almost completely dissapeared from twitch/forums. They once had loads of critique, and are not working from like inside a super forum firewalled environment. While I respect their ‘self motivation’-protection, locking yourself in a room, with no outside communication, kills the creative spirit inside you wich is necessary to fix wvw issues. Seeing as in such critical time as now, they (except for Gaile with a repost) still haven’t posted my hope is low.
10) Esport pvp league flop. Exploits galore (even ESL players do it), 200 000$ wasted price money, most boring meta ever. 2 month delayed balance. Forced pvp entry to ‘veteran players, who seek achievements’, broken mmr matchmaking, etc. They clearly like pvp more, and even fail badly there.

Lets hope Anet listens to Ins, Reyana, Fuzzion, etc. They are imo great people in wvw. If you loose them, it’s death for sure, they are the only chance left imo to recover it. And you should hurry anet.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

where is everyone

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Those games look like kitten.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

where is everyone

in WvW

Posted by: KayCee.4653

KayCee.4653

Anet decided WvW wasnt a viable game mode so rather than cancel it and put up with forum explosion they just made it as kitten as possible so everyone gives up

I have one problem with this statement. Generally, commanders and/or others buy siege items. This means that with people on some servers dropping around 100g in siege in a what, 5 hour commander raid run. You will find that that adds up to people converting a lot of gems to gold to just do WvW with various siege.

Yeah now with proof of heroics its less about gold and more about spending time there to level up WvW rank.

where is everyone

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

So what 3 more years down the rode? More like 1 year but still a good bit away you cant always look for the next best thing becuse there will always be something that looks better down the rode. There already some major problems with pure rvr games that are going to show them self with these games at least GW2 has more then just wvw.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

where is everyone

in WvW

Posted by: Powwownoize.4962

Powwownoize.4962

Lets be honest if they would just give us a TDM pvp mode lots of us would leave WVW at this point…… Lots but not all. I enjoy the hunt that is WVW.

If you ever played Alliance Battles in GW1 ya know what I’m getting at.

where is everyone

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

So what 3 more years down the rode? More like 1 year but still a good bit away you cant always look for the next best thing becuse there will always be something that looks better down the rode. There already some major problems with pure rvr games that are going to show them self with these games at least GW2 has more then just wvw.

WvW is so bad at this point that you don’t need a replacement game to justify leaving.

where is everyone

in WvW

displayname.8315

Those games look like kitten.

Yeah not impressed by anything coming. Don’t know what the hype with Crowfall is dosent even look very RvR.

JQ subsidiary

where is everyone

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

PvP – Everyone has equal access to all class mechanics.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

where is everyone

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Yeah not impressed by anything coming. Don’t know what the hype with Crowfall is dosent even look very RvR.

CU is being developed by some of the original DAoC crew. It is more of an old school MMO style and not very action driven which is a drawback to me but I am sure others will appreciate a throwback MMO playstyle.

Crowfall has some of the biggest MMO industry legends working on it including Koster of SWG fame. At its core the officers of the company making Crowfall have extensive open world PvP backgrounds and it shows in the way the game works with avatars (toons) effectively being gear and matches having a variety of victory conditions and duration. The game is also action oriented more so than even GW2. IMO Crowfall is VERY ambitious, has some big names that have made some very successful MMOs and is far enough along to believe they can deliver.

Both games are coming from independent studios which could easily run into financing issues down the road but as we have seen with Everquest Next, nobody is immune from that pill.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

where is everyone

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

CU is being developed by some of the original DAoC crew. It is more of an old school MMO style and not very action driven which is a drawback to me but I am sure others will appreciate a throwback MMO playstyle.

Crowfall has some of the biggest MMO industry legends working on it including Koster of SWG fame. At its core the officers of the company making Crowfall have extensive open world PvP backgrounds and it shows in the way the game works with avatars (toons) effectively being gear and matches having a variety of victory conditions and duration. The game is also action oriented more so than even GW2. IMO Crowfall is VERY ambitious, has some big names that have made some very successful MMOs and is far enough along to believe they can deliver.

Both games are coming from independent studios which could easily run into financing issues down the road but as we have seen with Everquest Next, nobody is immune from that pill.

It doesnt really matter. Neither is a immediete threat to GW2 – AFAIK Crowfall is probably at least 2 years away and CU 8+ months or so, plus they are still going with subscription last I heard – CU is pretty much doomed to failure unless they go against industry standard and set it to a couple of bucks or three a month.

where is everyone

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

It doesnt really matter. Neither is a immediete threat to GW2 – AFAIK Crowfall is probably at least 2 years away and CU 8+ months or so, plus they are still going with subscription last I heard – CU is pretty much doomed to failure unless they go against industry standard and set it to a couple of bucks or three a month.

True that they aren’t immediate threats to GW2. Anet is the biggest threat to GW2 right now. And the worse WvW gets, the less it takes to quit without having a replacement in line.

where is everyone

in WvW

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

Pulling my hair out in pvp.

daohfnsadjf

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

where is everyone

in WvW

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

I’d hazard guess and say my WvW time is down by 75% less than before HoT. WvW was having problems a bit before HoT though…

Servers below T5 NA have been hurting for months before HoT. Like right around the Golem debauchery event servers started really dying out. One of my accounts has been sitting around T6 for about a yr. or more, so I’ve fought all the servers above and below and know they’re hurting also. Yeah, I’d see bandwagons steam through here and there, but for the most part server numbers were shrinking. I’ve seen 2 queues on that account in the last yr. Very short queues. I even moved my alt that was in T3 to T1 because I saw it dying there also. I haven’t even played on that acct. since the move, so I can’t attest to what’s going on in T1. I have friends on probably every server which are all primarily non PvEers, and when I mention WvW the response I usually get is something like “meh”. I might love sPvP(problems there also), but I bought this game specifically for RvR type multiplayer. WvW has so much wasted potential it’s depressing.

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

where is everyone

in WvW

Posted by: Quednau.7390

Quednau.7390

PvP – Everyone has equal access to all class mechanics.

Not so much anymore, I dont have xpack yet and been having a hard time holding off against dragonhunters on point, and then whatever the hell rev does is always a challenge.. guess i have to pay an extra $60 to keep up. P2W?

Darkhaven
[Qrew] Leader
Warrior