Posted by: Melanurus.1506

Melanurus.1506

Whatever tier Mag isn’t in.

which tier has the best fights?

in WvW

Posted by: Ahka.6705

Ahka.6705

Whatever tier Mag isn’t in.

LOL, when I saw the title of this thread that was the first thing that popped into my head as well. Cheers!

Ahka – Elementalist
[ZzZz]Zombie Coast, [CERN]When Zergs Collide
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Red Owl.5649

Red Owl.5649

What fights? Blob fights? Roster Vs Roster fights? Or “solo roaming with friends” fights?

Mods, stop deleting my posts.
Sorry(not really) for my bad English.

in WvW

Posted by: michelada.2947

michelada.2947

blob fights, i play wvw for the mass fights

in WvW

Posted by: atticus.5284

atticus.5284

In that case the tier Mag is in will always get you fights. They could care less about PPT…only fights.

in WvW

Posted by: Drinks.2361

Drinks.2361

Good news if you want to fight Mag, glicko has been broken enough that come reset Mag could roll any tier!

in WvW

Posted by: Ahka.6705

Ahka.6705

In that case the tier Mag is in will always get you fights. They could care less about PPT…only fights.

They don’t want fights, they just want to karma train. They run of they don’t outnumber their opponents. All they do is ktrain EB. Most boring server to fight. The only 2 ways they’ll fight is if they outnumber you or if they are in range of their staggering amount of defensive siege. I thought BG was bad until we got matched up with Mag. You are right though, they don’t care about PPT, that’s why their BL gets rolled without much resistance. Worst server ever…

Ahka – Elementalist
[ZzZz]Zombie Coast, [CERN]When Zergs Collide
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Red Owl.5649

Red Owl.5649

FA, JQ, Mag, SBI and dunno about the current state of BG… the main issue is that this servers are often lock in to bad MUs with servers that cant match the numbers so you cant have any fair fights and MUs turn very boring for everyone. JQ and FA are in same MU tho and seem to be lock in T1 so you can try JQ/FA.

Mods, stop deleting my posts.
Sorry(not really) for my bad English.

in WvW

Posted by: Kilo.2539

Kilo.2539

If you want blob fights and a “non-toxic” community, better to xfer EU.

NA players have just about ruined wvw on our side sadly. No pride, no kittens given.

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

They don’t want fights, they just want to karma train. They run of they don’t outnumber their opponents. All they do is ktrain EB. Most boring server to fight. The only 2 ways they’ll fight is if they outnumber you or if they are in range of their staggering amount of defensive siege. I thought BG was bad until we got matched up with Mag. You are right though, they don’t care about PPT, that’s why their BL gets rolled without much resistance. Worst server ever…

It’s extra funny because of your signature.

in WvW

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Tittle , i have the gems to swap server but i don’t want to waste all that gold

1) Include the time zone, it’s going to matter a lot
2) The game is very volatile right now, look at what the matchups have been this last month or so, BG ranked 2nd(now 3rd) goes to t2 for 3 weeks. Maguuma ranked 5th but it was in t1 then now t3… funkiness.
3) I’ve been having a blast in t2 but I don’t know if they’re the best fights or if it’s just a nice changes of pace.

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

You just described TC. Mag is the server whose roamers will chase your guild groups across the map and killing their tail.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in WvW

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

Mag is best for fights.

. #1 KDR (pretty much the only thing the server cares about)
. #1 in total kills

by a lot.

Check the numbers if you like. It’s been that way for weeks/months/years.

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

You just described TC. Mag is the server whose roamers will chase your guild groups across the map and killing their tail.

Not last night…it was too much work for Mag to chase anything across EBG, so they just camped spawn like a fat, lazy bear, sitting underneath the beehive waiting for the honey to drip out.

in WvW

Ruru.1302

Not last night…it was too much work for Mag to chase anything across EBG, so they just camped spawn like a fat, lazy bear, sitting underneath the beehive waiting for the honey to drip out.

I don’t recall spawn camping. Unless you mean the 15 VR that kept wiping the HOD group.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

The summary: The only thing we can agree on is that we can’t agree on Mag being the best or worst place to go for fights.

Personally I think that since the linking, most of the servers been sort of watered out so it doesn’t really matter much any-longer. It’s just numbers, find one with large numbers and you get as much action as this game mode can still offer.

Or, just go EotM, it works better at this stage.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Mag is best for fights.

. #1 in total kills

by a lot.

High KD only means you are doing fights you have almost no chance of losing. This is like make a plat team fighting a bronze team in PvP which is completely pointless.

Do you srsly think you are fighting equal opponents when you are achieving super high KD?

in WvW

Posted by: boolah.1325

boolah.1325

NA players have just about ruined wvw on our side sadly. No pride, no kittens given.

So true..

EU has a much better WvW community compared to NA. Better fights too..

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

So true..

Unfortunately I think west coast players in the USA have no chance to play on EU due to the ping and such. I have heard the east coast players have a better time on EU servers. Something about new york city and super computers, stuff above my head.

I am curious why EU is much better than NA. My guess is the language barriers and the togetherness of an all x country server maybe?

in WvW

Posted by: Animism.9803

Animism.9803

So true..

Unfortunately I think west coast players in the USA have no chance to play on EU due to the ping and such. I have heard the east coast players have a better time on EU servers. Something about new york city and super computers, stuff above my head.

I am curious why EU is much better than NA. My guess is the language barriers and the togetherness of an all x country server maybe?

I’m a west coaster and I play on EU. The ping and lag is terrible but it can still be fun.

EU guilds actually care about having a balanced fight, so each server is actually fairly competitive with one another.

There are also very few k-trainers off-hours in EU, so when you’re outside of EU prime, WvW is pretty much a ghost town.

in WvW

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

I don’t recall spawn camping. Unless you mean the 15 VR that kept wiping the HOD group.

I recall fighting 2v3 against you mada guys. You lost. So, please calm down a bit. All your shiny talking doesn’t impress anyone who saw you fight.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

in WvW

Ruru.1302

I recall fighting 2v3 against you mada guys. You lost. So, please calm down a bit. All your shiny talking doesn’t impress anyone who saw you fight.

I don’t see how that’s relevant to the conversation. If it even happened, that is.

As a side note, I’d like to know what server you are on.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

(edited by Ruru.1302)

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

Mag is best for fights.

. #1 in total kills

by a lot.

Dtox

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Best bet is just to get on a stacked server if you’re after big fights. Anything else will leave you massively outnumbered much of the time if you roll vs Mag or BG. Get a server that isn’t completely worthless though.

There are servers I won’t name, you can jump into 5 or 10 of them and it’s like PvE.

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

So true..

EU in general embraced “GvG” culture more then NA did which is why you sometimes hear that EU plays the GvG game while NA plays “real wvw” , I still think people are really exaggerating a lot though and making EU out to be perfect for fights when most of the servers have the same problems that their NA counterparts do.

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

in WvW

Posted by: henchmen.1856

henchmen.1856

difference between eu and na is that eu has more organized communities and ppl/guilds will play together. na players just stick to their guilds.

in WvW

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

After looking today… umm, tiers don’t mean kitten. http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups/ , just take a look :/

in WvW

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

I don’t see how that’s relevant to the conversation. If it even happened, that is.

As a side note, I’d like to know what server you are on.

It’s relevant because you Mags still boast about your kdr and how great roamers you have. After playing against your server I know at least where that kdr comes from and it has nothing to do with unbelievable skilled gameplay. (fighting your three mada guys was at least fun and nobody interrupted it. props to your guild for that)

To answer your question. I transfered to JQ some weeks ago and back to EU last week.

NA is a really terrible environment for roaming or even zerg fights. I wonder how you normal people can exist there.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

(edited by shagwell.1349)

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

T1: Blob 50% of daytime. If opponent blob looses too much, they give up for the rest of the MU. Alot of big community PvX guilds for the mass.

T2: Pretty much the same, the amount of condi roamers is rising. Less Blobfights. More PPT.

T3: Few servers who prefer fights, most just PPT farming and running from every single fight (looks at Drakkar Lake). Capping a T1 tower now has a higher priority than fighting Blob versus Blob (Blobs 50% daytime). Condi roamers now roam in groups of 5-15 people.

T4 and lower: No personal experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Princess.7584

Princess.7584

difference between eu and na is that eu has more organized communities and ppl/guilds will play together. na players just stick to their guilds.

NA do not like balance, some will say they do, but you only have to see the movements in NA to see that a easy win is what they are looking for.

EU has always been more fight centric and guilds move for better fights, NA will always stack on one server and complain about lack of fights. Its happening again now, give them a few weeks and then they will complain about the lack of people in wvw and dedgame.

in WvW

Posted by: Kilo.2539

Kilo.2539

EU player have more server pride than NA.
EU players don’t assault new players for doing what seasoned players may consider pointless, or a waste of time, for example, saving a tower or camp etc.

Lots of talk in this thread about MAG. MAG is where the most seasoned players on NA go to retire? I guess. So ofc MAG is full of highly skilled and experienced players who have no desire to play wvw the way players who are less experienced would like to play. This in a way, is horrible for the game mode, but I digress.

Overall EU seems to have more fun in wvw and during EU prime time a lot of 10-20 man guild raids happen and it’s a sight to see. EU can get super blobby though at times and the ping was too bad for me to stay.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I would say no server has best fights, is there any server that the servers happend to have the same players peak at the same time?

its a ktrain or get ktrained gameplay in all tiers.
(i would bet Anet carefully selected servers and stacked them against server that play in diferent time).

No fights means no lag
No fights means no broken balance
No broken balance game is fixed.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

None, since HoT the combat in WvW has been the most tedious, most forgiving it has ever been, most decent guilds/players left the game and the overall level of fight activity has plummeted, if I remember back T1/T2 (EU) when the matchup was Deso/SFR/X and compare where you had good activity 12-16 hours of day to the joke the game is now, well…

in WvW

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

EU has always been more fight centric and guilds move for better fights

Highly depends on the server we’re talking. It’s true for i.e. Gandara where I am. Players and commanders seek fights. Often we would prolong a fight on purpose, not capping, not repairing or letting the enemy cap just so we can fight them.

But I’ve seen the absolute opposite – heavily bunkered enemy zerg staying inside the walls and spamming siege.

in WvW

Posted by: Djamonja.6453

Djamonja.6453

It depends on the matchup, and since Anet has such a huge RNG every week, it’s impossible to say which tier is going to have the best fights (for NA servers, I don’t know about EU).

in WvW

Posted by: zectra.6978

zectra.6978

Don’t bother coming to FA – if you want coordination, look somewhere else. Our coordinated WvW groups are all but mostly gone. Roaming is still fine

[APS][NV]Vasnia, Commander
Fort Aspenwood