why do some have partners and some don't?

in WvW

Posted by: jbolene.4352

jbolene.4352

seems totally unfair and I’m sick of it

in WvW

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Get yourself a guild to carry you or learn to smash faces in 1vX. As simple as that

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

Some only like one night stands

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

There are a lot of people playing. Exercise common social skills, whisper literally anyone else on whatever map you’re in, get that duo goodness.

We are all now dumber for having read this thread.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

seems totally unfair and I’m sick of it

well it is unfair, and yes people get sick from being treated unfairly.

People can tell you to ‘get gud’ and get ur own partner….or join a larger group and play that way. Problem is though….maybe you don’t find that fun to play that way.
I don’t find it fun to outnumber and steamroll the enemy. I don’t find it fun to kill uplevels. I don’t find it fun to by unimportant.

Winning doesn’t equal fun. People have differnt things that make it fun for them and we need to……winning doesn’t equal fun? What if we just expand upon what winning means then? Wouldn’t it be fun to be the winning server? wouldn’t it be fun to win all ur fights? wouldn’t it be fun to conquer all the objectives u set out to conquer?

Maybe winning is the only things in this mode that does equal fun, and maybe were all being kittentards for pretending it doesn’t. Maybe its time we all get gud and join the winning server and start running in wolf packs.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

Posted by: Zain.4987

Zain.4987

I think OP is referring to the server links. Basically when the servers were relinked, a few servers were over or to close to the population threshold.
Simplified Example: (Numbers are made up, also this is just my understanding of how it works.)
Let’s say threshold is 1000.
Server 1: 1200
Server 2: 1050
Server 3: 950
Server 4: 750
Server 5: 700
Server 6: 700
Server 7: 650
Server 8: 600
Server 9: 500
Server 10: 500
Server 11: 400
Server 12: 300
Server 13: 200
Server 14: 100
Server 15: 100

Since the threshold is 1000, ideally you want all the linkings to be close to 1000 without going over. So we end up with something like:

Server 1: 1200
Server 2: 1050
Server 3: 950
Server 4+15: 850
Server 5+14: 800
Server 6+13: 900
Server 7+12: 950
Server 8+11: 1000
Server 9+10: 1000

The server linking takes place every two months, so if a staked server (1,2,3) happens to lose population in that time period it’s just tough luck with how the system is now. Having a dynamic system/more frequent linking would be nice but Anet has said that would require them to pull devs/resource away from other bigger projects.

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Because the some of them that do have partners manned up and asked her out.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

“Partner” is a relative term when all she did was immiedietly take off to play with higher ups and only left the children to support.

in WvW

Posted by: Trueshots.9456

Trueshots.9456

Well there’s 5 mins of my life ill never get back…

~Poison Caltrop~
I apologize, If you didn’t outnumber me, it wasn’t a fair fight