why does reset matter so much?

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

why do all of these guilds and personalities we never see otherwise come pouring out and clogging the system on reset? I don’t get it.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

For one thing its the start of the weekend, its when a lot of people are on, and dont have the time for wvw during the week because of work, family, school etc. Reset nights are also important for getting a head start on PPT. No server wants to end a reset night trailing by 15k and owning nothing, it sets a bad tone for the rest of the week, but if you start out well people will be more enthuasitic about the match and fight harder to win.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

more players is better.

For the Toast!

in WvW

X T D.6458

cant complain about that, whether regular wvw’ers or not, more is more

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

wvw teams are usually well organized. Being stuck in a queue of 100+ while your guild is in an important operation is not optimal.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

not saying it’s stupid. That might be offensive.

For the Toast!

in WvW

X T D.6458

oh I hear ya, back in the old t1 days, queues used to go on into Saturday morning hours lol, usually now they thin out after an hour or 2, sometimes more depending, best thing you can do really is just be ready to go in as soon as it resets, we used to wait right by the portals waiting for the reset to avoid those long queues. Look forward to hunting you down

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

I think it’s intimidation.

If you can push a server hard for the first couple of days, you can get quite a few pugs to stop playing in WvW for most of the week. This makes the rest of the week easier for your server. It also roots out the hardcore from the leechers.

Then again, you have the leechers, as reset is the busiest, it means more loot if you are on the stronger zerger, i mean server. So as soon as they have their loot, and the pugs on the other servers stop playing due to wipes, they too have no reason to play anymore, as it means less loot.

And again, Friday night is when most people will be free, and so obviously more people will be online as well.

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

really hard not to say reset queues are stupid. Why do some of these people disrupt wvw on Friday night,

For the Toast!

in WvW

X T D.6458

people go to wvw for loot??? lol what

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

clear the queues damage a server’s power. If you have stupid guilds and others clogging your queue, your server will suffer. Obviously.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

at risk of overposting, clear the air right away about making any loot in wvw. We pay to play wvw,

For the Toast!

in WvW

X T D.6458

just put on some Pink Floyd and relax bro

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

I pay around 25$ a month to play wvw

For the Toast!

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

On tier one, the cause and effect of the clog may be more obvious. Where are these people when we need them, instead of when we clearly do not need them?

For the Toast!

in WvW

X T D.6458

they probably dont have the time during the week, real life comes first

in WvW

X T D.6458

and dont insult your militia, they are very important

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

I would not insult militia. I would ask them to pay attention to the overall game plan of their server.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

game is more fun if you can win.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

can’t win them all

[SA]

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

clear the queues damage a server’s power. If you have stupid guilds and others clogging your queue, your server will suffer. Obviously.

So move to a lower server where there are no Q’s ever.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Getting your waypoints in place as soon as possible, papering other BLs and EBG so they can’t get theirs in place, all very crucial to establishing the weekend score. Also, it’s not so much that it’s “important” in that it’s the time when the most people come out into wvw so you get lots and lots of fights, both open field and over objectives. It’s generally just considered a fun night.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

why do all of these guilds and personalities we never see otherwise come pouring out and clogging the system on reset? I don’t get it.

Because if your server performs poorly on reset night you loose the players that only show up in wvw when their server is wining.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in WvW

Posted by: the krytan assassin.9235

the krytan assassin.9235

tbh reset isn’t really important. It’s a combination of different factors such as the end of the school/work week. Also reset is very fight orientated since all the objectives are relatively easy to cap. Last but not least because servers put up alot of pplz during reset you can expect alot of lootbags.

pointwise the reset aint that important, since all the borders are heavy populated (in even matchup) the PPT maybe differ 100 max btween low and highest. And therefore it aint that interesting PPT wise. Ofc it can give you some help to put more pressure on the enemies during the night when you build a WP. This should be fairly easy to achieve however since you should have enough people to defend.
Resetnight is however very important since you can easy get a 5-10k lead where you demotivate the enemy servers and give you a major boost in the morning where you can just K-train.

DDD|elementalist| Piken commander|RaW|

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

If you are stuck in Queue for one map you could always go to another map.
I’m not sure how TC’s Queues are on reset night, however on JQ we don’t queue all maps.

Maybe have those on TC who are in Queue go to another map while waiting for their queue to pop. (Just have a rotation commander taking objectives, since people DC during the nights and such and it sounds like TC has some big queue’s from your post.)

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

reset night is like a party! the weekend is starting, all my friends are there in TS at once; we’re chatting and joking hours before the maps change over. its only important because we make it out to be something with pomp and ceremony… like church.

in WvW

Posted by: Dante.8456

Dante.8456

Not forgetting that there is always a mad rush at reset to cap stuff so everyone logs on for good wxp and fights

Desolation EU
Guardian / WvW Enthusiast

in WvW

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

- I guess it’s because of the numbers. It’s much more tangible to see that you started from zero and then got 600 point lead over your opponents, rather than starting 21.850 points behind and ending up being only 21.250 points behind after playing session.

in WvW

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

GW2 doesn’t have raids, so the friday night reset is the next best thing. Its just “the” night where every one jumps into voice chat and has a good time fighting each other. Meanwhile, Saturday nights is where BG and JQ express their special love for each other in TC’s garrison. Fun times to be had by all!

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

in WvW

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Reset night is appealing for many reasons. It’s always around the same time, so guilds can have scheduled raids. It’s also a clean slate, so everyone who had logged off due to being bored of winning or losing will return.

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Thats a party time to farm and hang with friends.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Isn’t that obvîous?

It’s the only 4hours of a WvW match that are interesting, the following 164 hours are complete boredom, as they are just: “Who has more people to burn the enemy houses when they sleep”

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

Reset doesn’t actually matter more than any other 6 hour period of time, it’s just more fun cause everyone is rollin deeeeeeeeeep.

Sometimes it’s good for setting the tone, breaking the morale of another server, but that probably only happens in silver/bronze where there are CLEAR population differences

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

Because it is the only time during the week where all 3 sides are balanced for a period of time. That makes it fun.