why no WVW rank + titles / reward armor / weapons?

in WvW

Posted by: wictred.3109

wictred.3109

I understand that WvW rank + abilities (%damage and whatsoever) are off the table and I think that’s a good decision.
The player skill based combat works quite ok. Good players are hard to beat, and some let’s say “not so good” players can come in groups of 2-3+ and you can still kill at least some of them, if not all. That’s how it should be.

However why not offer at least some kind of progress?
There are SPVP rank titles, would it hurt to have something similar in WvW?
And give us maybe different tiers of armor skins and weapon that require a certain WvW rank. It won’t give you any benefits at all, but I think people would still welcome it.

in WvW

Posted by: tbox.2307

tbox.2307

Yes they would. Anet apparently is shocked at how popular WvW is and I think they are trying to play catch up in stuff like this. It should be coming but how long? I would be surprised at anything under 6 six months from now.

in WvW

Posted by: eladox.3457

eladox.3457

I laugh every time someone mentions skill in WvW.
Skill is beating a higher rank player or winning a 4v8 fight.
Doubleclicking twice when your enemy cast something long is not skill.

in WvW

Posted by: CharliePrince.2071

CharliePrince.2071

I understand that WvW rank + abilities (%damage and whatsoever) are off the table and I think that’s a good decision.
The player skill based combat works quite ok. Good players are hard to beat, and some let’s say “not so good” players can come in groups of 2-3+ and you can still kill at least some of them, if not all. That’s how it should be.

However why not offer at least some kind of progress?
There are SPVP rank titles, would it hurt to have something similar in WvW?
And give us maybe different tiers of armor skins and weapon that require a certain WvW rank. It won’t give you any benefits at all, but I think people would still welcome it.

it’s in the pipeline.. tbh AN showed their hand with certain items that tell you what their plans are for wuvwuv

:) hint: Ladders, Rankings, Rewards, etc.. specifically: Ladders

woot!

in WvW

Posted by: Sky.9347

Sky.9347

I am all behind this. I also think it is coming.

I for one, want them to focus attention on fixing the bugs that exist in the current W3 games, eliminating cheaters and hacks, and perhaps look at overall server populations first.

THEN – bring the data/cosmetic rewards!

Sky – [tSA] – Stormbluff Isle
November 15, 2012 – The day a dream died.

in WvW

Posted by: Elaithe.6874

Elaithe.6874

There are tons of titles for WvW already, just check your achievements.

I’d love to see a more in depth ladder system and especially some better armor/weapon rewards. I’m confident that Anet has those on the table though.

in WvW

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

I laugh every time someone mentions skill in WvW.
Skill is beating a higher rank player or winning a 4v8 fight.
Doubleclicking twice when your enemy cast something long is not skill.

Skill in wvw is not personal skill as you would consider it in a 1v1 fight. It is the ability to work together as a team, come up with and execute tactics in combat, effectively sieging or defending a keep/tower/supply camp. Personal skill matters very little, however tactical and organizational skill matters a lot, and is what separates good guilds from not so good guilds.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in WvW

eladox.3457

Nope, only thing that matters is size of your zerg.
WvW is so “casual” it has absolutely 0 skill ceiling.

in WvW

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Nope, only thing that matters is size of your zerg.
WvW is so “casual” it has absolutely 0 skill ceiling.

And that is why you will never be good at wvw.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Sky.9347

Sky.9347

Looks like someone finally found a game he can win while smashing his head on keyboard.
Enjoy your delusion.

Do you really believe this about GW2?

Sky – [tSA] – Stormbluff Isle
November 15, 2012 – The day a dream died.

in WvW

eladox.3457

Yep, played daoc, uo and eve. gw2 is not even close in skillwise.
Its a joke lol.

in WvW

Posted by: Teknobug.3782

Teknobug.3782

WvWvW is a zerg-based game, rank will be pointless since the highest ranked player could just as well hang with the zerg and get credit off kills other players on his team gets.

There are badge of honor to buy weapons/armor already, I don’t think rank will be relevant in WvWvW, if you want a status, there’s spvp/tpvp.

PS- there is skill involved, just not in WvW, unless you find someone 1 on 1 (and not buffed by the orbs).

Yak’s Bend WvWvW’er [Mount Phoenix Imperials]
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz | 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 ram | Gigabyte R9 280X 3GB (14.2)
Win 8 Pro 64bit

in WvW

eladox.3457

Zergy nature of WvW is another story, its because there is absolutely no reason to roam when you can control whole map with a zerg. My kitchen is bigger than EB.

in WvW

Posted by: Ezkeal.7589

Ezkeal.7589

I guess eladox isn’t on SBI or HoD because zerging doenst work. Its about defending and capturing areas before the timer ticks down to get the point.

WvWvW does actually take skill, like Vayra said, it has to be coordinated, know when to defend when to attack Having appropriate siege equipment and the supplies to back it up. It isn’t skill based on 1v1 its a larger scale. If you have a server of people constantly hitting blue briar or vise versa its 99% likely they will lose the match up for the week.

in WvW

Posted by: tarnin.1690

tarnin.1690

Zergy nature of WvW is another story, its because there is absolutely no reason to roam when you can control whole map with a zerg. My kitchen is bigger than EB.

This is the issue rite here for the lack of real WvW skill. You can try to small group but good luck on the puney map not hitting the droolers zerging around. You take 5 steps and smack into a tower/keep/garrison/camp. Needs MUCH more open space. To combat an issue of not getting to defend, allow porting to the port points as long as the first wall isn’t breached. Bam done. Now you can defend AND do real roaming. roaming now is like walking in a circle in your living room trying not to hit the tv.

in WvW

Posted by: wictred.3109

wictred.3109

“skill” in an 1vs1, 1vsx or 5vsx or zerg vs zerg or whatever can actually mean beating someone who is playing better than you, and not just “better equipped” or “higher rank”.

even if everyone has the same equipment, there will always be someone who is better than you. maybe because they know how to counter your attacks and use them against you, or maybe because you make a mistake and they don’t. or maybe they just bring a bit more brain into the battle than you do.
e.g. 1 person can lure 4-5 stupid enemies into a zerg, and survive.

in WvW

Posted by: MajorKong.8095

MajorKong.8095

If zergs were not protected under Harry Potter’s Invisibility Cloak perhaps we’d see a more varied strategies.

MajorKong
Human Elementalist -The Iron Triangle [IRON]
My WvW review