widest ram placement?

widest ram placement?

in WvW

Posted by: Radian.2478

Radian.2478

Anyone else ever experiment with how far over to the left and right you can place a ram that still hits the gate? I experimented with it while commanding in edge today and took some screen shots that I’ll post here. Every ram in these screen shots was able to hit the gate (I hopped on them to test).

http://imgur.com/a/NRhkR

If anyone else has any screen shots of trying ram placement like this, feel free to share as well

widest ram placement?

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Tip: That green AOE you see when placing rams is the vicinity in which it can be placed while still reaching the gate. As long as the very edge of the AOE is touching the gate, the ram will hit it as well.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

widest ram placement?

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Interesting placements. I’ll have to try some out. For some silly reason I’ve been negligent over what that green circle actually meant; I thought it was just where you “could” place it. Haha.

widest ram placement?

in WvW

Posted by: Radian.2478

Radian.2478

I have measured the radius of the ground target skill “Deploy Flame Ram” to be 300 units. I measured it by comparing the size of the ground target skill to various ground targeting skills on my characters and noticed it was the exact same size as Ice Spike which is a 300 radius ground target skill for elementalist. The range for flame rams is 360 units which is 60 units longer. As a result, having the tip of the green ring touching the gate will guarantee that the ram will reach but you actually have some margin and can afford to have the tip of the green ring be a little bit off the gate. I have no idea what Arenanet used to decide the radius of various ground targetting deploy siege skills.