wvw current severs status .

in WvW

Posted by: ham.8209

ham.8209

going with a few other topic current on this forum right now. and some making

some bold wild claims on top of it all. the NUMBERS DO NOT LIE heart of

thorns was live on was released on October 23, 2015. before that time there was

4 full na servers . people would complain they could not play with there friends who

was on these servers . and now that hot is live and with all the current wild claims

being made and flying around. well you ask me these pics speak more REAL TRUTH

about the CURRENT STATE of the game !!! only and ONLY one FULL server

while the rest are on the medium end . with a few very high servers . in my book

this speaks loader then your reports of the game more then any thing all put together

Attachments:

in WvW

ham.8209

here is the bottem of the same list like i said this speaked louder then any report does

BUT it also backs up some part of some reports too

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Considering today is Christmas and there may be an influx of new players, ANet may have increased server capacity to make room for all of the new players to the game who may wish to play WvW with friends on those crowded servers (since that’s what the population balance tells us these days).

Not the best time to use server status as a means to say the game is in trouble.

in WvW

Posted by: Thaladred.1406

Thaladred.1406

Isn’t that for WvW activity?
Cuz if I recall correctly, server transfers are based on WvW activity, not server population.

in WvW

ham.8209

no that is for all game types . and you can find this information . when you log into the

game. by the worlds list

in WvW

Thaladred.1406

no that is for all game types . and you can find this information . when you log into the

game. by the worlds list

iirc server transfer prices are based on WvW activity, not the server population

in WvW

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Server population is tied to WvW activity. What that looks like is WvW activity dropped by a large amount since the expansion started.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

in WvW

ham.8209

Considering today is Christmas and there may be an influx of new players, ANet may have increased server capacity to make room for all of the new players to the game who may wish to play WvW with friends on those crowded servers (since that’s what the population balance tells us these days).

Not the best time to use server status as a means to say the game is in trouble.

you are fully wrong about this all the way around . the numbers have been like this since

hot came out. and just not today ONLY . and that is a fact and Anet did NOT increase

servers or any thing like that at all. and this has got noting at ALL to do with wvw or

pvp

in WvW

ham.8209

game. by the worlds list

iirc server transfer prices are based on WvW activity, not the server population

yes that part is true about the server transfer prices BUT not the number of PEOPLE

playing the game all together . but the population has dropped a lot and that is part

of the point of this whole post. the other part goes alone with the other topic

about 2016 money reports

in WvW

Thaladred.1406

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/World-Population-Changes-Are-Coming

WvW isn’t very popular lately since HoT so yea, most people who are about WvW now are on T1 and T2 servers.

in WvW

Seera.5916

you are fully wrong about this all the way around . the numbers have been like this since

hot came out. and just not today ONLY . and that is a fact and Anet did NOT increase

servers or any thing like that at all. and this has got noting at ALL to do with wvw or

pvp

How do you know they haven’t recently increased server capacity? You work for ANet?

And newsflash: ANet changed how the server status is calculated. It used to be based on accounts attached to the server even if they didn’t do WvW. Then megaservers happened and servers now only matter for WvW. So ANet did the smart thing and made a new algorithm for the server status that only looks at WvW activity. And I never mentioned anything about PvP, so read more carefully, please. Thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

and this has got noting at ALL to do with wvw or

pvp

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World

A Full world is a world with a number of active WvW players above a certain threshold

Currently, only the WvW population determines the world population.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/World-Population-Changes-Are-Coming/page/5#post5326517

A “Full” server is a server with a number of Active WvW Players (as defined by the algorithm) above a certain threshold. It has nothing to do with hardware limitations, or PvE players.

The “Full” threshold is slightly different than the other ones because it doesn’t have an upper limit. So some servers can be just slightly above the threshold and marked “Full”, and some other servers might be well over it, and also marked “Full”, even though their populations aren’t really balanced.

The intent is that since you can’t join or transfer to a “Full” server, their populations are going to diminish over time, until eventually they reach “Very High” again. At this point, all “Full” servers are going to be balanced. This won’t be right away, though, since we’re not kicking anyone out of their servers.

;)

in WvW

ham.8209

Server population is tied to WvW activity. What that looks like is WvW activity dropped by a large amount since the expansion started.

i had the very real feeling you be the ONLY one that get,s this . and the points of my

post also this is going with the topic 2016 money reports . and btw flesh wound

THANK YOU FOR GETTING IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

and this has got noting at ALL to do with wvw

I’m reasonably sure Anet changed it a while back to only take WvW activity into consideration. Should be in some old dev post.

in WvW

Thaladred.1406

I’m reasonably sure Anet changed it a while back to only take WvW activity into consideration. Should be in some old dev post.

I believe I found it in my earlier post

in WvW

ham.8209

pvp

How do you know they haven’t recently increased server capacity? You work for ANet?

And newsflash: ANet changed how the server status is calculated. It used to be based on accounts attached to the server even if they didn’t do WvW. Then megaservers happened and servers now only matter for WvW. So ANet did the smart thing and made a new algorithm for the server status that only looks at WvW activity. And I never mentioned anything about PvP, so read more carefully, please. Thank you.

that information on who i work for is top secret information and not even who

i work for knows that information . and like i said there has been no server increases

at all . and not only that the megaservers and other stuff you talk about is OLD NEWS

and just that OLD NEWS

in WvW

ham.8209

yes they did but that is when the megaservers came out and put us all together . other

wise that is just old news there.

in WvW

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It’s on the wiki.

Before the July 28, 2015 update, a world population was determined by the population levels from across all game modes. Currently, only the WvW population determines the world population

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

in WvW

ham.8209

and this has got noting at ALL to do with wvw or

pvp

A Full world is a world with a number of active WvW players above a certain threshold

Currently, only the WvW population determines the world population.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/World-Population-Changes-Are-Coming/page/5#post5326517

A “Full” server is a server with a number of Active WvW Players (as defined by the algorithm) above a certain threshold. It has nothing to do with hardware limitations, or PvE players.

The “Full” threshold is slightly different than the other ones because it doesn’t have an upper limit. So some servers can be just slightly above the threshold and marked “Full”, and some other servers might be well over it, and also marked “Full”, even though their populations aren’t really balanced.

The intent is that since you can’t join or transfer to a “Full” server, their populations are going to diminish over time, until eventually they reach “Very High” again. At this point, all “Full” servers are going to be balanced. This won’t be right away, though, since we’re not kicking anyone out of their servers.

that is OLD NEWS and has no point to this topic at all honestly

in WvW

Seera.5916

i had the very real feeling you be the ONLY one that get,s this . and the points of my

Since you did not post a before picture of what the server statuses were before HoT launches or even how often you checked the server statuses, it was impossible to tell on your OP what the exact cause of the server drop was. It could have been ANet raising the server caps (still might have been and they just overestimated the number of players who would buy HoT), or could have been activity dropping off, or a combination of the two.

I personally don’t take much stock in anecdotal evidence that isn’t backed up with hard to doctor evidence. People’s perception and memory can be faulty, so it isn’t that I think people are intentionally lying.

in WvW

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The numbers don’t lie, but neither do they support the OP’s story:

• All the numbers tell us is whether servers are full or not; they don’t tell us why.
  • A number of social and mechanical elements have been very slowly affecting the population imbalances, including guilds migrating from kitten lower tier servers, the new maps, and mix-game mode players being more interested in HoT maps or PvP leagues than in WvW
  • Previously, none of this impacted world population (people could still tie up servers even if they didn’t WvW at all); now any impact to WvW participation affects the listed pop.

What the OP is forgetting is that the changes to the world-pop formula were designed to make this situation possible in the first place.

Now, it’s possible that some WvW are no longer playing at all, rather than playing some other aspect of the game. However, it’s impossible to test that theory if all we know is how many worlds are ‘full’; that single datum only tells about relative WvW populations, not absolute game populations, i.e. it won’t tell us where the people from formerly high-pop worlds are now.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

in WvW

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

yes they did but that is when the megaservers came out and put us all together . other

No again. Mega server in 2014. Server population base on WvW activity 5-6 month ago.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-megaserver-system/

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/World-Population-Changes-Are-Coming/first

;)

in WvW

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I believe you are mistaken. The change to server population algorithms came out long, long after the megaserver implementation.

If you read the quoted Dev post, you will see that the World Server list has to do with WvW play activity, and not Server population. It even forecast the up-coming changes in World Server population indications.

We, as players, can’t tell what the game population is, anymore; not that we could ever, anyway.

in WvW

ham.8209

Since you did not post a before picture of what the server statuses were before HoT launches or even how often you checked the server statuses, it was impossible to tell on your OP what the exact cause of the server drop was. It could have been ANet raising the server caps (still might have been and they just overestimated the number of players who would buy HoT), or could have been activity dropping off, or a combination of the two.

I personally don’t take much stock in anecdotal evidence that isn’t backed up with hard to doctor evidence. People’s perception and memory can be faulty, so it isn’t that I think people are intentionally lying.

i gave my proof take it or leave it . dont care also too there was NO OTHER TOPICS

at the time covering these matters . thus no need to make this topic before then as it

is ONLY current now. but i have keep a track of the number.s and the posts on this

can be found in the forums. but you will have to DIG to find them . iam not going

to do that. iam just putting out the CURRENT information . in regards to the 2016

money report topic . so you really need to try again and look for the information

your self

in WvW

Seera.5916

i gave my proof take it or leave it . dont care also too there was NO OTHER TOPICS

at the time covering these matters . thus no need to make this topic before then as it

is ONLY current now. but i have keep a track of the number.s and the posts on this

can be found in the forums. but you will have to DIG to find them . iam not going

to do that. iam just putting out the CURRENT information . in regards to the 2016

money report topic . so you really need to try again and look for the information

your self

It’s the OP’s job to do the convincing of the readers of the thread, be they other players or devs. Newsflash: devs don’t have the time dig around for the evidence buried in other posts made in the past.

So it’s you who has to try again.

in WvW

ham.8209

The numbers don’t like, but neither do they support the OP’s story:

• All the numbers tell us is whether servers are full or not; they don’t tell us why.
  • A number of social and mechanical elements have been very slowly affecting the population imbalances, including guilds migrating from kitten lower tier servers, the new maps, and mix-game mode players being more interested in HoT maps or PvP leagues than in WvW
  • Previously, none of this impacted world population (people could still tie up servers even if they didn’t WvW at all); now any impact to WvW participation affects the listed pop.

What the OP is forgetting is that the changes to the world-pop formula were designed to make this situation possible in the first place.

Now, it’s possible that some WvW are no longer playing at all, rather than playing some other aspect of the game. However, it’s impossible to test that theory if all we know is how many worlds are ‘full’; that single datum only tells about relative WvW populations, not absolute game populations, i.e. it won’t tell us where the people from formerly high-pop worlds are now.

nice to see some one getting my POINTS RIGHT here too . and you are right on the OP

topic post.s and you do remember the post of people making before hot came out

saying how they could not get on this server cuase it was full RIGHT and they wanted

to play with there friends REMEMBER them posts?

in WvW

ham.8209

your self

It’s the OP’s job to do the convincing of the readers of the thread, be they other players or devs. Newsflash: devs don’t have the time dig around for the evidence buried in other posts made in the past.

the drevs have NOTING AT ALL to do wit this post. ahh so sorry it is you who needs\

to TRY AGAIN .

in WvW

ham.8209

and since most of you do NOT get it this is the other topic iam talking about . just

to make this all good and CLEAR !!!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/GW2-2016-A-message-to-devs-and-players/page/2#post5880236

now you can all hash this all over how ever you all like . BUT the facts i given speak for

themselves . and so do the numbers as two people have point this fact out.

and in a way yes it backs up the topic post i linked to just now. iam going back to the

game and have myself some fun for the rest of the night . and iam going to leave

you all to fight about this by your self.s and iam taking a bottle of wine with me too!!!

in WvW

Seera.5916

your self

the drevs have NOTING AT ALL to do wit this post. ahh so sorry it is you who needs\

to TRY AGAIN .

You’re reading comprehension is lacking.

The first paragraph was a GENERAL statement in regards to threads in general. Not to this thread specifically. Hence the use of the word OP and not you in that paragraph.

Since in this thread, you are the OP, it’s your job to convince me that there is a problem with the numbers. You’ve only told me that the servers aren’t full.

You’ve not given any proof on the why. We do not know how often the server status gets calculated as it’s no longer real time. So we don’t know how many times it’s been calculated. We don’t know how much activity a player has to have in WvW to trigger being counted and/or how often.

Given the feedback threads I’ve seen OTHER players post, I’m betting recent decisions on WvW have caused a drop in activity. Whether that’s the only reason for the current server status is not proven. You could be 100% right. You could be 50% right. I doubt you’re 100% wrong though given the feedback I’ve seen.

And it won’t be proven unless people conduct surveys of truly random players. Which is impossible for players to do.

in WvW

ham.8209

your self

to TRY AGAIN .

The first paragraph was a GENERAL statement in regards to threads in general. Not to this thread specifically. Hence the use of the word OP and not you in that paragraph.

Since in this thread, you are the OP, it’s your job to convince me that there is a problem with the numbers. You’ve only told me that the servers aren’t full.

You’ve not given any proof on the why. We do not know how often the server status gets calculated as it’s no longer real time. So we don’t know how many times it’s been calculated. We don’t know how much activity a player has to have in WvW to trigger being counted and/or how often.

Given the feedback threads I’ve seen OTHER players post, I’m betting recent decisions on WvW have caused a drop in activity. Whether that’s the only reason for the current server status is not proven. You could be 100% right. You could be 50% right. I doubt you’re 100% wrong though given the feedback I’ve seen.

And it won’t be proven unless people conduct surveys of truly random players. Which is impossible for players to do.

good thing i read a lot . other wise if you worked for me. i would have fired you for this

but after i did read it all . i will say this now in many ways to a point yes you are right

there should be a real survey of the players numbers . and that info should be posted

for all to see. in plain black and white and that bet your making . lets say in some ways

yes it is right and a good bet. but yet ahhh there are a few other things that also come

into play . in regards to that bet but yet the bet can be won on that point it,s self

needless to say . tho if you look at the topic i linked about the 2016 reports . that goes

with this. and that would back up that post and this topic about the numbers and yes

giving the number of topics as of late on this even tho not posted this way . it does

or could go with them posts to back them up as well. so the info to a point is there for

all to see but yet yes a survey with real player numbers and so forth from the game

as a whole . would be even more clear . with that other post.

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

i work for knows that information .

I can confirm that I work for the government. And from this thread, I can tell you probably don’t have any security clearance, so just let us know what type of job you have that gives you such expertise in the subject of game populations.

i gave my proof take it or leave it .

What proof did you give other than a screen shot? Your OP makes it sound like you’re saying the game is dying, then give data on WvW activity. Yes WvW is in a freefall. Anyone can see that. But these players can simply be playing PvE, which is what HoT is full of ATM.

Edit – I’m one of those players who used to play WvW a lot. Now I only do dailies in WvW if at all. Doesn’t mean I left the game. I’m doing a lot of PvE and PvP now.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in WvW

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

your self

to TRY AGAIN .

Uhh…the guy is getting secret information so secret even the guy giving it doesn’t know he’s giving it. So, we just gotta, ya know, trust him.

Now, tomorrow we need to take another screen shot at a random point in time, like lets say 3am pst, to prove his point even moreso. This is how the internet and forums work. Just trust what he is saying

in WvW

ham.8209

your self

to TRY AGAIN .

Uhh…the guy is getting secret information so secret even the guy giving it doesn’t know he’s giving it. So, we just gotta, ya know, trust him.

Now, tomorrow we need to take another screen shot at a random point in time, like lets say 3am pst, to prove his point even moreso. This is how the internet and forums work. Just trust what he is saying

i can see where you think it,s the blind leading the blind . and it can be seen that way

by any one. sounds like to you one and one is not making too. but then again . ahh

after all it is just that the internet . now if you really want to notice thing,s the servers

update every sunday . and by monday tuesday is mostly when you can note any server

changes .

in WvW

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

Still waiting for someone to post some actual numbers in this thread. where are the NUMBERS.

in WvW

Posted by: Kreejaffa.3682

Kreejaffa.3682

7 7 9

There. Real, honest to God numbers. Three of them too!

Kreejaffa [Ferguson’s Crossing]
Leader of Looking For Gandalf [LFG]
Worst Commander of Ferguson’s Crossing (Self Proclaimed)

in WvW

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Welcome to statistics. Your results have no validity. You can not say that your tests are actually measuring server population. You are unable to rule out other variables. There are too many confounding variables. If this was an actual experiment for research purposes it would be thrown out.

So you can go on and on if you like but posting when emotionally charged often leads to cognitive distortions such as magnifying and catastrophizing. This just means you dig the hole deeper and deeper for yourself. So it’s best to take a break, step back, and post later after thinking things through with your head rather than your emotions. Good luck.

in WvW

Posted by: Craray.2603

Craray.2603

Those numbers are made of pure kitten.
During christmas there are less people online.
3 days ago we had +50 people online at the same time in our guild.
Now with christmas there were like 10 tops.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Not only does the world population only represent WvW activity, they changed the caps a while ago so that servers changed from full to high over night (and personally I suspect they removed low status and made medium lowest).

Since WvW has been bleeding players since HoT due to a kittenty border, unbalanced professions, a plethora of introduced bugs and Anet saying kitten you to WvW guilds by gating already unlocked content since years behind a 7000+ gold paywall, its really not all that surprising.

in WvW

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I said this a million time, server population is basically some BS so people won’t flood to a server.

You’d think it’s not too hard for some novice programer to change one word on a UI list.

The only thing a full server mean is Anet dont’ want you to move there.

in WvW

Posted by: Bellatrixa.3546

Bellatrixa.3546

Quite. I joined the game a month or so before HoT and a lot of the servers were actually ‘Low’ not ‘Medium’. Only full server was Blackgate with 3 ‘Very High’. I didn’t take screenshots as I was too busy wanting to start playing :P

Also, OP saying they’ve got my information is quite creepy. I thought they were going to quit a couple of weeks ago but seems that thread was as truthful as this one.

“Even if we find a way to save the world from the
dragons, I sometimes wonder if we’ll ever find a way to save us from ourselves.”

in WvW

Posted by: foxcat.4096

foxcat.4096

Really though who cares? i am having fun and there are always tons of people to play with anything else is irrelevant .

in WvW

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

they changed how the server population is counted with HoT:

before HoT launched, servers counted everyone who chose the server as their home server, both PvE, WvW, and PvP players.

after HoT launched, servers only count active WvW population, no longer counting PvE-only or PvP-only players.

they even talked about in their official blogs leading up to HoT release, and in several dev posts here on the official forums.

– The Baconnaire

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Since when are medium, high, very high and full numbers? If anything, the OP has proven why the forums are going down the drain.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in WvW

Posted by: Silicato.4603

Silicato.4603

But is someone still playing wvw?

in any case, i bet this trend about making GW2 less casual, has made people leave. Is understandable.

in WvW

Posted by: raubvogel.5071

raubvogel.5071

If thats true then Population should be changed to WVW Population

in WvW

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If thats true then Population should be changed to WVW Population

Since the choice of Home World (Server) only impacts WvW play, why? There is no ‘population’ for Home Servers since all servers are part of the MegaServer.

in WvW

Posted by: The Greyhawk.9107

The Greyhawk.9107

I can confirm that I work for the government. And from this thread, I can tell you probably don’t have any security clearance, so just let us know what type of job you have that gives you such expertise in the subject of game populations.

i gave my proof take it or leave it .

What proof did you give other than a screen shot? Your OP makes it sound like you’re saying the game is dying, then give data on WvW activity. Yes WvW is in a freefall. Anyone can see that. But these players can simply be playing PvE, which is what HoT is full of ATM.

Edit – I’m one of those players who used to play WvW a lot. Now I only do dailies in WvW if at all. Doesn’t mean I left the game. I’m doing a lot of PvE and PvP now.

maybe you should ask your boss that information but then again you do not work

for the government at all . i got your information . but your just small potatoes any how

This statement just blows my mind with the extreme level of bullkitten. I’ve seen you say a lot in the forums recently while not saying much at all, nor do you even use proper sentences, and you expect us to believe your job is “top secret” and that you can know what other players do IRL? Give me a break.
You can’t even show us anything beyond a pair of screenshots (both of which lack actual numbers) in trying to prove your claim about the game population.

Hate is Fuel.

(edited by The Greyhawk.9107)

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

pvp

I am pretty sure youre unemployed, if your employer doesnt know youre working for them.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in WvW

Posted by: Tahm.8290

Tahm.8290

This thread confuses me.

~Basil Starshower~
~Worst Tempest NA~
~Skritt Kings~

in WvW

ham.8209

This thread confuses me.

i can see why and maybe i can bring this back to being more clear. ok there is another

topic about 2016 game money and so forth in a few ways this topic is tied to that.

and my post here. is to show how the server numbers have dropped since hot came out.

and the only reason at the time even tho i was watching the server changed back then

too . and now is that now since hot came out the server numbers for wvw have dropped

a lot. and if that is the case and true the numbers are dropping and people are

looking for other games to play .. then that other topic about the 2016 game money

report is true and holds a whole lot more water then people think it does. but yes

i can see where it would be confused here with this topic and post,s hope that

clears things up for you