wvw current severs status .

in WvW

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

Who knows what this means.
In the past servers went from full to medium because capacity was increased. I know because it was written about. Here I don’t know so I won’t assume anything.

in WvW

Posted by: Alicornus.7095

Alicornus.7095

and my post here. is to show how the server numbers have dropped since hot came out.

While this might be your intention for this thread, you have not given us any evidence for that. Numbers might not lie, but that doesn’t mean that you happen to know what they say in the first place, besides you didn’t presented us any numbers or statistics to work with.

You didn’t even know how the server population is calculated when you started this thread and your claims that you know for a fact that ArenaNet didn’t increase the server population are questionable at best. They might not have been, but since this is hardly something that’s crucial for the community to know about, it might as well be an undocumented change from our point of view. And your ramblings about employment… geez, don’t ever do that. You’re just making a fool of yourself.

That being said, it’s not unreasonable to assume that there has been a decline for the active part of the player base, but without evidence it remains an assumption and nothing else.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord of Rings.5371

Lord of Rings.5371

Server population check online

Fire Water Air
FA

in WvW

Posted by: ham.8209

ham.8209

thank you Lord of rings i knew this information was here some place. just for got this

part of it. and also thanks for posting this too now maybe some will get the idea

more better but iam not holding my breath on it

in WvW

Posted by: Alicornus.7095

Alicornus.7095

“One wrong-way driver? Hundreds of them!”

in WvW

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

thank you Lord of rings i knew this information was here some place. just for got this

part of it. and also thanks for posting this too now maybe some will get the idea

Meaningless data without actual numbers, though I know it’s easier to just spew nonsense as fact rather than actual facts.

All we know is there SEEMS to be less people in WvW. Are there factually less people, only anet knows. I know for a fact that I spend a lot less time in WvW, but I can only say that for myself. It could be most people do the same as me and just do some dailies. It could also be people avoid it all together. While the end result is the same the reason for it isn’t.

Here is a fact for you that you seem completely oblivious to. Anet peridodically changes the threshold for low/medium/high and full servers. Without actual numbers all you are spewing is bloated opinion not fact.

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Considering today is Christmas and there may be an influx of new players, ANet may have increased server capacity to make room for all of the new players to the game who may wish to play WvW with friends on those crowded servers (since that’s what the population balance tells us these days).

Not the best time to use server status as a means to say the game is in trouble.

you are fully wrong about this all the way around . the numbers have been like this since

hot came out. and just not today ONLY . and that is a fact and Anet did NOT increase

servers or any thing like that at all. and this has got noting at ALL to do with wvw or

pvp

How do you know they haven’t recently increased server capacity? You work for ANet?

And newsflash: ANet changed how the server status is calculated. It used to be based on accounts attached to the server even if they didn’t do WvW. Then megaservers happened and servers now only matter for WvW. So ANet did the smart thing and made a new algorithm for the server status that only looks at WvW activity. And I never mentioned anything about PvP, so read more carefully, please. Thank you.

that information on who i work for is top secret information and not even who

i work for knows that information .

I am pretty sure youre unemployed, if your employer doesnt know youre working for them.

iam very sure you should go back to redit . since you know not a thing at all about

game Economy or any thing like that . and oh yeah think before u post. it is clear

you do not even under stand what this post even is about at all

It seems the topic title had to be changed because it wasnt clear at all to anybody, including yourself.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in WvW

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

This post of yours, and I quote: ‘this has got noting at ALL to do with wvw or
pvp
’ , and the title of the thread are contradictory.

Yes, confusing thread.

in WvW

Posted by: The Greyhawk.9107

The Greyhawk.9107

pvp

Yes, confusing thread.

Well, to be fair, this wasn’t the original title…though, that begs the question of who changed it….can’t say I know who has that ability.

Hate is Fuel.

in WvW

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

pvp

Yes, confusing thread.

Well, to be fair, this wasn’t the original title…though, that begs the question of who changed it….can’t say I know who has that ability.

Either the OP or a moderator can change the title of a thread.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

in WvW

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

That doesn’t offer any new information: it’s exactly the details offered in the “change world” option from the character select screen. It doesn’t tell us anything about PvE or PvP populations, since “world population” depends entirely on WvW _participation. It also doesn’t tell us that much about WvW participation, since it only shows how full each world is — if everyone moved from the servers that were full 3 months ago and spread out, we’d see a similar set of data as if 15-20% of WvW players left the game entirely.

In short, all we know is which worlds are the most popular for WvW among people that play a lot of WvW; we don’t know anything about how many people are playing in any mode.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in WvW

Posted by: Noein.7635

Noein.7635

WvW populations have been steadily declining for awhile now, HoT was just one of the last nails in the coffin. I feel bad for those that never actually got to experience WvW in all its glory two years ago. I remember not even 2 years ago 60+ queues on all maps in T2/T1 throughout the day.

Coming from someone who has an account in T1 – JQ, T2 – TC, T5 – EB, populations in those tiers have nearly flat lined. T1 has less players in it than T2 had 4 months ago. All timezones other than NA have pretty much died, and even NA is starting to become a ghost town with just EB being popular.

Go back one year and both T1 and T2 had large queues on all maps during NA, and queues outside of NA with T1 queuing multiple maps 24/7.

Go back 6 months, T1 had on average 2 queues during NA prime, and a queue in other timezones

Now, EB queued during NA prime in t1/t2- KT/ghost town outside of NA.

It’s a shame really. WvW had a lot of potential.

in WvW

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

WvW populations have been steadily declining for awhile now, HoT was just one of the last nails in the coffin. I feel bad for those that never actually got to experience WvW in all its glory two years ago. I remember not even 2 years ago 60+ queues on all maps in T2/T1 throughout the day.

Coming from someone who has an account in T1 – JQ, T2 – TC, T5 – EB, populations in those tiers have nearly flat lined. T1 has less players in it than T2 had 4 months ago. All timezones other than NA have pretty much died, and even NA is starting to become a ghost town with just EB being popular.

Go back one year and both T1 and T2 had large queues on all maps during NA, and queues outside of NA with T1 queuing multiple maps 24/7.

Go back 6 months, T1 had on average 2 queues during NA prime, and a queue in other timezones

Now, EB queued during NA prime in t1/t2- KT/ghost town outside of NA.

It’s a shame really. WvW had a lot of potential.

Queues are evidence only of how popular any particular server is; a reduced queue doesn’t (by itself) tell us if the population left the game, started playing another mode, or moved to a different world. And even if we knew where people went, the queues don’t tell us why. Did people migrate to raids? to Magus Falls for new skins or the meta events? Did people swap servers? (Which was happening even before HoT.)

It’s definitely my impression that a lot of WvW veterans don’t like the new maps because it’s harder to find fights, although some of that was clearly self-fulfilling prophecies — when HoT came out, people queued for hours for EB and ignored the new maps, suggesting to me that people liked what they understood and were reluctant to try new things.

(And, as a side note: people complained loudly when queues were too long; now some of the same folks are complaining because the queues are too short. Some will consider this a sign of people being fickle or hypocritical; I just take it as another example of numbers not telling us the whole story: there’s good reason to complain about queue length, whether too long or too short.)

And aside from any of the metrics or impressions, there seems to be no question that WvW is due for some love: it’s been ages since there’s been a tournament and while rewards have been rebalanced in PvE and insanely buffed for PvP, they are essentially the same for traditional WvW as they have always been.

tl;dr the metrics available to the players don’t tell us much. Regardless, there are other reasons that ANet ought to spend more time (design, development, and blogging) on WvW.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

in WvW

Posted by: KayCee.4653

KayCee.4653

Yeah like what I use to hear a lot, everything kitten had like 24/7 coverage before HoT. However, now on T2 at least, its about like coverage every now and then during the day, but at NA prime its got a lot of coverage in EB and that’s about it.

As for populations… Most people went to working on the guild hall upgrades. And sadly, the way the ANet Guild team designed guild hall upgrades you practically have no reason to do WvW and still get WvW guild auras and stuff to level up higher. If they had made it like use proof of heroics to upgrade like you have to use PvP reward potions to upgrade the arena you’d see more doing WvW likely.

They had also redid the way a server population is counted in some patch like 5 or 6 months ago. So, that reflects that fewer people are doing WvW on the lower tiers and even on the top tier servers. They use to be a time when they were like 4 full pop servers or more. Yet, now that its about WvW population, its not a lot of people it seems

I know that I and others that do WvW almost non-stop will say too. PvE content is downright boring. That’s why we do WvW. Yet ANet thinks that most want to do PvP or PvE only. While I’ll do PvP from time to time, there is no reason to it for me. I mean in WvW, at least it makes more sense when attacks are coordinated and for anyone that liked RTS like games, its a nice little thing that reminds you something of RTS but even now, that’s like boring in non-prime hours. Like in a lower tier server I use to play on, Yeah we can take everything on EBG and all the borderlands and not see one person in that servers prime hours. Yet, what fun is that?

Therefore, I hope ANet realizes this and fixes it. Cause if they don’t only the diehards will keep doing WvW while others go elsewhere in the game or leave for games that give good open world PvP game play.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

However, now on T2 at least, its about like coverage every now and then during the day, but at NA prime its got a lot of coverage in EB and that’s about it.

Indeed that’s about it. Yesterday in EU T4 primetime we had ~60 man queue on EB and outmanned in all 3 borders. Yeah that’s how kittening bad it is and how much people despise the borders. Lets not even mention the coverage during the day. The victory of the matchup will solely be determined by the efforts of the night/morning capping crews. WvW working as intended I suppose :/

in WvW

Posted by: KayCee.4653

KayCee.4653

However, now on T2 at least, its about like coverage every now and then during the day, but at NA prime its got a lot of coverage in EB and that’s about it.

Indeed that’s about it. Yesterday in EU T4 primetime we had ~60 man queue on EB and outmanned in all 3 borders. Yeah that’s how kittening bad it is and how much people despise the borders. Lets not even mention the coverage during the day. The victory of the matchup will solely be determined by the efforts of the night/morning capping crews. WvW working as intended I suppose :/

A little havoc group went to my server’s borderland last week and tried again earlier today, to take everything because we were strong in EBG but not in any border lands. They nearly succeeded, if about 10 people hadn’t been dragged into our borderland to take it back. We did have a fight at Oasis event which is rare, but after that, didn’t see anyone from then on… All some need to do is go to the borderland and they can really mess a server’s PPT up badly. Yet, “No we want to stay in EB” grumbles

in WvW

Posted by: interloper.6892

interloper.6892

I fail to see what is confusing about this thread. There used to be lots of full worlds, and very few medium (i.e. empty) worlds – now there are no full and lots of medium, because the WvW population has fallen in all servers.

The same thing has happened in EU – there were 8 or 9 full servers when the population count was changed to reflect WvW only, and 2 “medium” servers. Now none of them are ever full, and there are 11 “medium”. This isn’t due to the holidays; it has been the case for a month or more.

This is really just proving the obvious, as the lack of queues, players retiring, guilds disbanding, outnumbered buffs etc. made it obvious the wvw population has been in decline for some time, and this accelerated dramatically with HoT release.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Here is a fact for you that you seem completely oblivious to. Anet peridodically changes the threshold for low/medium/high and full servers. Without actual numbers all you are spewing is bloated opinion not fact.

Yet the metrics confirm the anecdotal observations. I don’t think anet have changed the threshold since the change in how population caps were calculated months ago.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

Meaningless data without actual numbers, though I know it’s easier to just spew nonsense as fact rather than actual facts.

All we know is there SEEMS to be less people in WvW. Are there factually less people, only anet knows. I know for a fact that I spend a lot less time in WvW, but I can only say that for myself. It could be most people do the same as me and just do some dailies. It could also be people avoid it all together. While the end result is the same the reason for it isn’t.

Great summing up of how it is…
I would add that lower population on some servers might also be linked with transfers.
Was there not a big movements of NA WvW guilds at approx. the time HoT got out, in a effort to spread the population?

There was a drop of wvw population during the halloween events – which is always the case (On most server, WvW activities gets lower when there is a PvE event)

Without firm numbers, we cannot know if total numbers really went down.
Example
Full @100 +
High @75-99
Med @ 50-74

Before………….After
a-110 ………….99——————From full to high
b-105………….98——————From full to high
c-110…………..95——————From full to high
d-101…………..90——————From full to high
e-098…………..92——————From high to high
f-089…………..96——————-From high to high
g-085………….93——————-From high to high
h-076…………74——————-From high to med
i-062…………..73——————-From med to med
j-054…………..72——————-From med to med
k-065………..62———————From med to med
l-055………….66——————-From med to med

In this example, total number is always 1010
Before, we had 4 full, 4 high, 4 med. After, we have 7 high and 5 med.
The removal of full, does not equal in lesser population.

Also, OP keeps stating he/she knows for a fact that Anet didn’t change the treshold. Ham, you can believe what you want, believing does not make a fact.

Even if PvE population is not used for world population anymore, new players cannot join full servers, so it would make sense for Anet to change the tresholds fot HoT realease, given the amount of players wanting their frieds to join them.

I know “for a fact” my server’s population went up with the arrival of new guilds, or with some old guilds coming back. Even if it is listed as “high” since August. We have more players most of the time.
I know “for a fact” I am playing less WvW. HoT gave new PvE to explore. New ways to enjoy the game. A chase fot new legendaries. Raids.
Anet’s data would show that I am playing less WvW, but that I spend more time in PvP and PvE. That my overall playtime is somewhat lower, as it always is around the hollidays.

Taking the previously full BG, It was full up to oct 26, then very high up from oct 27 to nov.2, on Nov.3, it got back to full, then went back to very high on November 24…
TC was full up to oct 26, then very high up from oct 27 to nov.2, on Nov.3, it got back to full, then went back to very high on november 19…
These two servers seem to have shifting populaiton depending on the PvE Events (Hot reales / haloween, raids reease, followeb by winterlude)

YB played yoyo.
Full up to oct 26, very high up to nov.2, full up to nov.11, very high up to nov.19, full up to nov.24, very high up to the 30th, full up to dec. 7, then very high since then.

JQ’s only “very high” episode was from nov 24 to Nov. 30, incl.

Except for TC – they all went down on Nov. 24.
A quick look of other servers also shows a decrease for a few days in the end of november (on nov. 19 or 24)

I am not going to try to analyse these datas. Ups and downs might be because of PvE or PvP releases. It migh be that the players favourites commanders were off. It might be because guilds moved around. It might be because of the designated period taken in consideration by the Anet algorythm.

All in all, levels of population proves nothing….
It is not solid data…

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Another measure: wvwintel shows current number of kills (and deaths) per server in its current matchup.

Looking at T8 yesterday (friday) night, for example there were only 6000 deaths through the entire matchup!

It was 33,000 for T4 and 83,000 for T1. If anyone has the numbers pre-HoT, it’d be really interesting to compare.