wvw ever getting seperate stats?

in WvW

Posted by: Tomahawk.7361

Tomahawk.7361

Any rumors on wvw ever getting separate stats (not PvE stats)? I think it might determine whether I want to even continue playing wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

?

/15characters

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

I want seperate stats so my scepter/dagger ele (that i don’t know hot to play) can kill sPvP tournament level condi reaper. I just hate that when i just smash my keyboard and better condi player kill me.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

yeah but that will kill alot of existing builds… on WvW, if those build are situational or underwhelmed against most metas, that will make WvW every one players same build more than we already have, it will be FORCED builds like we have in spvp….

not every one likes the mandatory dps gimmicks we have on spvp…

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

not every one likes the mandatory dps gimmicks we have on spvp…

This ^

The gear in WvW allows for freedom of choice to play how you want to play, it should always remain that way.

in WvW

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

Yep.
Let’s remove bunkers from WvW,and make the mode even more of a ranged aoe gank fest than it already is.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

Just make everything celestial and be done with it.

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

I doubt it’ll ever happen.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

This topic keeps popping up but I don’t believe any devs have chimed in.

Impo… I don’t think it’s appropriate for the large scale game mode as there are MANY more builds available in WvW as opposed to PvP thus requiring a multitude of stat combinations and let’s face it – the ability to build your own setup to your liking is fun; freedom of choice.

That’s the way it should remain – freedom of choice.

in WvW

Chinchilla.1785

Impo… I don’t think it’s appropriate for the large scale game mode as there are MANY more builds available in WvW as opposed to PvP thus requiring a multitude of stat combinations and let’s face it – the ability to build your own setup to your liking is fun; freedom of choice.

Idk, the huge grind wall just to test builds out don’t contribute to “freedom of choice.” Then you realize they don’t work. Super.

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

in WvW

Zephyra.4709

Idk, the huge grind wall just to test builds out don’t contribute to “freedom of choice.” Then you realize they don’t work. Super.

I’m not sure – in terms of newcomers absolutely. Vet players may have left over asc gear which is easy to stat-swap?

in WvW

Chinchilla.1785

I’m not sure – in terms of newcomers absolutely. Vet players may have left over asc gear which is easy to stat-swap?

Go make celestial for some characters. Even still, we should consider the new comers given the wave that is about to be incoming for rewards.

in WvW

Zephyra.4709

Go make celestial for some characters. Even still, we should consider the new comers given the wave that is about to be incoming for rewards.

Why when I can play other stat combos that better suit my playstyle/fill the damage role I need? Not every class benefits from cele stats, not that I remember anyway. Sure sounds like a huge grind to acquire cele gear having charged quartz locked behind a daily time gate I think that’s a PvE thing though for quartz. Even then, build testing is accessible via PvP with stat combos.

I think with the announcement newcomers would be aware and prepare themselves in case they need a set of WvW gear, PvE players have it easy with gear acquisition. Unless you’ve worked at it for a while in WvW any newcomer might find it a bit of a barrier to obtain the BoH currency to acquire the extotic WvW gear and I’m talking the extremes here… fresh off the boat level 80 new to WvW/the game with no proper gear is going to find it tough to make gold for gear. That’s life. Find a way to make gold and get your gear/preferred stat choice because as it currently stands – you have the freedom to choose.

Anyway, don’t want to derail this thread any further.

in WvW

Chinchilla.1785

Getting back to the OP. Nope. Since no one seems to have tried to answer him/her.

Why when I can play other stat combos that better suit my playstyle/fill the damage role I need? Not every class benefits from cele stats, not that I remember anyway. Sure sounds like a huge grind to acquire cele gear having charged quartz locked behind a daily time gate I think that’s a PvE thing though for quartz. Even then, build testing is accessible via PvP with stat combos.

I think with the announcement newcomers would be aware and prepare themselves in case they need a set of WvW gear, PvE players have it easy with gear acquisition. Unless you’ve worked at it for a while in WvW any newcomer might find it a bit of a barrier to obtain the BoH currency to acquire the extotic WvW gear and I’m talking the extremes here… fresh off the boat level 80 new to WvW/the game with no proper gear is going to find it tough to make gold for gear. That’s life. Find a way to make gold and get your gear/preferred stat choice because as it currently stands – you have the freedom to choose.

Anyway, don’t want to derail this thread any further.

Mmm, point was that the accessibility to composition (builds) in WvW is stifled by grind. This is a barrier to entry to new players that has grown over time. So I can’t agree it’s “freedom to choose.” It’s probably more accurate to say, “has no limits” which is probably what I believe you meant. That’s why I mentioned celestial for it’s components are locked behind a time gate (that I think takes a month), making it less accessible but still allowed in WvW (unlike Spvp). Regardless, believe what you want on the matter it is irrelevant to OP now.

in WvW

Posted by: Tiawal.2351

Tiawal.2351

I don’t know about “freedom of choice” and so on mentioned above, but WvW should have means to obtain the best possible gear that is usable in WvW — just by playing WvW and WvW only. No PvE at all.

We have many players logging in after months of absence (they left because HoT), and still have to tell them that “you MUST do the Living Story, only the first part of each new map, in order to enable those reward tracks that allows earning those new currencies, needed for buying ascended trinkets with the new stats”. They don’t want to spend time in PvE, and their gear is pre-HoT, and there is no way to get the best gear and run optimal builds without going into PvE and spending hours there. It’s not like you can skip all the NPC dialogue, for those players means hours and hours of unwanted content. So they leave the game again. I can understand them… I never hated PvE so much before, I even liked it, but not after doing Guild Wars 2 Living Story content. WvW requires spending a huge amount of time in PvE for getting gear and upgrade Guild – why there isn’t a WvW Guild option, for WvW players? Your fighting guilds had to recruit PvE players, spend gold or leave the game tired of all these PvE requirements that wanted their time to be spent elsewhere, and not in WvW. It’s clear that we, non-PvE people, aren’t welcome here still.

A wandering ronin, employed by [ENMA]