wvw is queued and people AFK to avoid que

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

When wvw is queued, how about shortening the AFK timer? Annoying to see people AFK while others who want to play cannot get in…. I know a few minutes to go get a drink – go to the bathroom is legit, but at what point should they be booted 10 mins? The timers seem longer than that, but it admit I never actually timed it myself…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

The timer for kicking in WvW is shorter than the PvE one, from what I’ve seen. It’s somewhere between 10-15 minutes before you get kicked in WvW/EotM. I don’t think it really needs to be shorter than 10 tbh.

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

You could just transfer out of your stacked server and never hear about queues again…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: sparc.3649

sparc.3649

You could just transfer out of your stacked server and never hear about queues again…

^ this ^

I don’t wanna hear about queues from anyone! I have witnessed a, what were they called again, oh yea, queue, ONCE on my server since the game launched!

X-fer to a low population server and you’ll never have this problem again, then nor will the top tier servers (‘cuz all the stacked people will have left)… It’ll be an all around better situation for all!

/—————————————\
© sparc.3649 ~ LPC ~ Anvil Rock
\—————————————/

in WvW

Liston.9708

YB hardly stacked – only an issue during seasons and maybe only reset at that.

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Yeah, and never fight anyone ever again too. Best PvDoor2014 though.

in WvW

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

Yeah, and never fight anyone ever again too. Best PvDoor2014 though.

While it can get pretty dead on the off hours, we have lots of good fights during primetime. Even when we aren’t winning, there are plenty of good fights to be had, and most of them are small enough that the lag is minimal so you can actually see what’s going, control your character, and skills go off as intended. We even, every now and then, queue a single map.

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

We even, every now and then, queue a single map.

I haven’t seen a queue on Eredon Terrace since season 2.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Literally no one in their right mind is xferring down at this point, it was a valid argument 1.5 years ago, but not today.

The sooner everyone stacks into the top 8-10 servers the sooner people realize this game has basically no population anymore (outside of the first week of leagues)….

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Berk.8561

I haven’t seen a queue on Eredon Terrace since season 2.

We had one briefly in the past few weeks on reset night. I wondered what the icon and number were on the WvW interface were.

in WvW

Posted by: Jackmo.3428

Jackmo.3428

Agreed with Jek and Kerz. Come to ET. If you’re worried abotu " Never fighting anyone again" you’ll be surprised at how you never get a single moment of downtime if u want to do well. This flawed server stack logic has ruined the game overall. The Flock mentality of most MMO players is horrendous. " Oh look everyones there im gonna go do what EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING" Come to ET and stand out.

Sorrengild
ET Commander
Pro Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

Hi, tier 8! Congratulations! You’re yet again complaining about “stacked servers” while trying to convince people to transfer to yours! Good job on the double-thought arms race.

Don’t stack on them, stack on us, because stacking is ruining the game!

It’s so much fun down here just as it is. Join us, and make our server more like yours!

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

in WvW

Berk.8561

Hi, tier 8! Congratulations! You’re yet again complaining about “stacked servers” while trying to convince people to transfer to yours! Good job on the double-thought arms race.

Excluded middle argument. There is a huge amount of space between what we have now and a “stacked server” with queue problems.

I don’t want everyone to stack on Eredon Terrace. I don’t want the T1 play style. Really I don’t. I would have transferred already if I did. Personally, I think the massive zerging in the megaservers in PvE are enough of a disaster because of the high population caps. The Frozen Maw was more fun with 12 people than the lag-inducing huge zergs that are now common on the megaservers.

But that doesn’t mean we couldn’t use some more WvW players than we have, so if you are an individual or smaller guild looking for a smaller scale of play where everyone can matter and make a difference, where your skills generally work when you activate them, and where queues are almost non-existent, then give Eredon Terrace a look.

No, don’t stack on us, either, as far as I’m concerned (I can only speak for myself). Spread out more. Not the same thing.

It’s so much fun down here just as it is. Join us, and make our server more like yours!

Again, excluded middle argument. I don’t want our server to be more like T1. If I wanted the T1 experience, I would have transferred by now (I’ve been asked to go by a small guild I belong to that did eventually wind up in T1). But we could use some more people to help equalize our population a bit with the other servers we typically play against and to help with our coverage problems. Not the same thing as “stacking”.

(edited by Berk.8561)

in WvW

Posted by: Jackmo.3428

Jackmo.3428

^ What kerzic said. Dont take a statement and twist it just to throw stones because you want to complain. Its just a discussion

Sorrengild
ET Commander
Pro Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

Excluded middle argument. There is a huge amount of space between what we have now and a “stacked server” with queue problems.

I don’t want everyone to stack on Eredon Terrace. I don’t want the T1 play style. Really I don’t. I would have transferred already if I did. Personally, I think the massive zerging in the megaservers in PvE are enough of a disaster because of the high population caps. The Frozen Maw was more fun with 12 people than the lag-inducing huge zergs that are now common on the megaservers.

But that doesn’t mean we couldn’t use some more WvW players than we have, so if you are an individual or smaller guild looking for a smaller scale of play where everyone can matter and make a difference, where your skills generally work when you activate them, and where queues are almost non-existent, then give Eredon Terrace a look.

No, don’t stack on us, either, as far as I’m concerned (I can only speak for myself). Spread out more. Not the same thing.

Again, excluded middle argument. I don’t want our server to be more like T1. If I wanted the T1 experience, I would have transferred by now (I’ve been asked to go by a small guild I belong to that did eventually wind up in T1). But we could use some more people to help equalize our population a bit with the other servers we typically play against and to help with our coverage problems. Not the same thing as “stacking”.

I played on ET for a while for the experience your talking about. The problem is, it got boring. I wanted the whole experience. And T1 offers everything lower tier servers have and alot more. The only way your going to get any measurable amount of people to your server to help with coverage is if Anet give significant incentives to moving to a lower tier, which is highly unlikely considering their previous direction.

in WvW

Berk.8561

I played on ET for a while for the experience your talking about. The problem is, it got boring. I wanted the whole experience. And T1 offers everything lower tier servers have and alot more. The only way your going to get any measurable amount of people to your server to help with coverage is if Anet give significant incentives to moving to a lower tier, which is highly unlikely considering their previous direction.

Oh, I think the incentives definitely work against us, just as they work against defensive play. I’m always busy when I’m on, see lots of victories, and have lots of fun, but the score tells us we are losers and the worst server in the game because we lose everything overnight, fight part of the day outnumbered, and sometimes get tag teamed during primetime because the incentives also encourage the strongest servers to attack the weakest server instead of each other. And I would be lying if I said our opponents haven’t gotten better at exploiting our weaknesses, too.

Personally, I don’t think I’ve ever been bored on ET. Frustrated? Sometimes, especially when we are very badly outnumbered or I see credible evidence of hacking being used against us.

I’ve talked to people on and from T1 about the style of play there, have read comments about it here, have confirmed elements of it by watching the live match-up maps (e.g., the churn on the Bay and Hill keeps on each server’s home borderlands), and we have people who have come down to us from T1, and I’m honestly not really sure what part of the whole experience I’m missing other than maybe better overnight coverage and a more consistent experience, the latter of which isn’t all a positive to me.

I know that individual preferences come into play and I do believe you are getting something out of T1 play that you didn’t get and wouldn’t get on ET, but I’m not hearing anything specific that makes me think I’d get a better experience there. If the bigger and more organized zergs covering the world events on the megaservers to the point of unplayable frame rates and lag are a taste of what I’d be getting on T1, I would personally consider the negatives bigger than the positives.

I think it’s actually good for Guild Wars 2 to support a variety of tastes and play styles with a range of populations and play types and that’s one of the reasons I don’t like the megaservers and don’t want to see a forcible merging of servers in WvW. While there were many world events that were rarely done on ET, I liked being part of a dozen people trying to complete the Frozen Maw or the old Taquatl and now there are massive lag and frame-rate killing zergs at every world event I go to throwing out so much damage I often don’t get the champion drops from the event. I’m sure there are people who love that experience but I really wish I could choose smaller population megaservers just like I’m happy to stay on a smaller population WvW server.

If the T1 players really like T1 play and don’t find the suggestion to transfer to a much lower level server appealing, maybe the solution is for the overflow to stack on the best T2 server to make it competitive in T1, but I’m guessing the problem there is that it’s hard to get the critical mass necessary for OCX/SEA coverage to compete in T1.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

When wvw is queued, how about shortening the AFK timer? Annoying to see people AFK while others who want to play cannot get in…. I know a few minutes to go get a drink – go to the bathroom is legit, but at what point should they be booted 10 mins? The timers seem longer than that, but it admit I never actually timed it myself…..

Wow. Where do you play that you get queues? I am in T1 and we rarely see more than 1 map queued during NA prime during the week. Reset night is different of course.

in WvW

Liston.9708

Wow. Where do you play that you get queues? I am in T1 and we rarely see more than 1 map queued during NA prime during the week. Reset night is different of course.

Was referring to reset NA prime…… Yb