wvw reward tracks

wvw reward tracks

in WvW

Posted by: Tifa.6473

Tifa.6473

Anet how come wvwers can’t have a reward track to get the same stuff that pvpers receive. I hate pvp personally as it’s just all about cluster kittening. Wvw gives you more freedom which is what I like but just want the good rewards that pvpers get.

Tifa
Reaper
Everything she touched crumbled to dust.

wvw reward tracks

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

I am in WvW a lot, and I feel like I get plenty of “Rewards” for what I do there.

You get EXP/WvWEXP/Money/Karma/Champ Loot Bags/Loot Bags ect.

The reason why sPvP seems more “Rewarding” is that you get those “Rewards” in quick succession via the “Reward Tracks”. (Which don’t give all that good of stuff…)

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

wvw reward tracks

in WvW

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

I am in WvW a lot, and I feel like I get plenty of “Rewards” for what I do there.

The reason why sPvP seems more “Rewarding” is that you get those “Rewards” in quick succession via the “Reward Tracks”. (Which don’t give all that good of stuff…)

You must seriously be playing a different version of WvW from me, or you are on a K-Train map everytime you play, its been well documented that rewards for WvW are far far far below par with nearly every other aspect of the game.

wvw reward tracks

in WvW

Posted by: DomAltares.8651

DomAltares.8651

You must seriously be playing a different version of WvW from me, or you are on a K-Train map everytime you play, its been well documented that rewards for WvW are far far far below par with nearly every other aspect of the game.

I think, in reality, it all depends on what you put into it. If all you ever do is cluster onto a pugmander tag and ktrain EBG, you’ll wind up with plenty of junk in your bags. If you’re the type to branch out, toss some superior siege yourself now and again, pay some coin out for an upgrade or two, and push the risky fights that you may wind up losing then you tend to find, as you and I seem to, that WvW is more than a bit less rewarding in the material department than other modes.

To address OP: I would love to see some sort of reward track system added to WvW, if only to put progress toward achievements and content that is otherwise unavailable in this game mode. Although personally I would love to see some WVW specific tracks as well, similar to the armor and backpiece tracks available in sPvP.

wvw reward tracks

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I would love to see reward tracks added to WvW. The only players that are rolling in the loot are the k-trainers and/or an organized EotM farming map.

Anyone that plays the game mode as “I feel” it was designed to be played, as a battle against opposing forces and not just gates, knows this. If you are a scout, sentry, roamer, or just about anyone not in a k-train zerg then your loot is substantially lower.

Even the big zerg busting guilds (fight guilds) have a hard time getting any where near to the loot you can get from SW with a steady supply of fodder. Spending 4 times the time fighting against actual intelligent enemies that give worse compensation that farming mindless critters, or even worse, getting on a chest train map in one quarter the time makes me, in a word, angry.

+1 to the OP, if we are to get very little loot from normal play then we need better compensation elsewhere.

wvw reward tracks

in WvW

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

Awhile back, John Corpening said…

“Another area we want to improve is how players are recognized and rewarded for their contributions to their team. Whether you defend, scout, run havoc, zerg bust, roam, conquer or win team fights you should be fairly compensated from the game and not rely on the hope that your team may kick you back some gold at the end of the night for you to feel rewarded for the valuable effort you put into the success of your world.”

Now, if they could just implement these fair rewards and also make them retroactive… "hey, it looks like you spent 2,000+ hours in WvW and you are poor and legendaryless with no transmutation stones… and no hero points, let’s fix at least one of those… " Clearly I spent too much time waiting in a keep, popping upgrades, refreshing siege, and being ready to cannon down the ram-sites or disable the catapults. Though sometimes when I’m really poor, I scout from inside the skritt cave and just call out swords for other people to deal with…

wvw reward tracks

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

Not a big KTrainer myself, never been able to enjoy, never really enjoyed spamming my number one key to get credit, because it doesn’t feel like I truly “Contributed” to the success of whatever was going on at that time.

In my first post I was merely stating as to what “Rewards” are already in WvW for players to get, not that I had stacks on stacks of bags/champ bags in my inventory…

I feel like adding reward tracks to WvW would be both a “Good” and a “Bad” thing, reasons being, that it would be a good thing to bring back players who didn’t find WvW “Rewarding” enough to enjoy, it would be bad because you would have a flood of people who don’t want to work with their server, all they would want is whatever is the next “Reward” on their track…

Now if people need to be “Rewarded” in order to have fun in this game, then so be it, I feel that winning in a ZvZ fight, or a downing an opponent, or coming out as first place at the end of the week in WvW to be reward enough, also reading all the drama posts made by the other two servers is my cup of “Reward Tea”…

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix