Adding a Fights "Instance" in New Map

in WvW Desert Borderlands Stress Test

Posted by: Dano.5298

Dano.5298

Think it would be neat to have certain zones within the new map that would cap the numbers in that particular piece of the map. Make it a siege free zone (almost identical to OS) and that if your team would win, there would be consequences for your team’s ppt or perhaps gain a free upgrade or whatever. It could also just be a little zone (or heck and event that pops up here and there) that is king of the hill and if say a guild can hold it against enemies, everyone on the winning team’s borderland gets some kind of buff or something.

Right now, the game and its population is at a loss with itself… You have some groups looking for fun, competitive pvp matches but instead they have to deal with “ppters” which kinda ruin things. But then, the ppters can get frustrated because a large, organized group isn’t really doing alot for ppt. I think it would be great to have something that would bridge that gap a bit.

Guild halls is probably where all that will be I realize, but I’m not the only one who wants to have raids still be a thing and sorta ppt in my own way, that being to try to fend off large enemy groups with my smaller group, without having to use siege or blob. That is almost completely dead though with the stability changes and how there is no disencentive to blobbing.

Just a thought.

Ev
[SQD]

(edited by Dano.5298)

Posted by: Pink Ninja Man.4375

Pink Ninja Man.4375

The do have an event that is out in the middle that has a major effect on PPT. It’s has some PvE mobs to it but it sounds like what you are looking for. Something that will convince players to come away from the objectives and fight in the open.

Twitch – PinkNinjaMan [/\///\/_//\]
Main Class – Ranger [Bezerker/Trapper Hybrid]
Main Mode – WvW [Gate of Madness]

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

The do have an event that is out in the middle that has a major effect on PPT. It’s has some PvE mobs to it but it sounds like what you are looking for. Something that will convince players to come away from the objectives and fight in the open.

I’d like to see that event run more often than it did during the last beta.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Pink Ninja Man.4375

I’d like to see that event run more often than it did during the last beta.

I think it is set to a 3 hour cycle, not sure if each map is on the same cycle or if they are offset so that there is one of these events every hour (would be nice but also could cause balance issues, not that WvW is designed to be balanced).

If they run the event more often it will be less ‘crowded’. This is because it not as unique of an event. Its like saying they dredge, ogers, and hylek in EBG will have big fights over them (yes their effects are much less). Basically the more ‘rare’ and event the more participation you can expect from the playerbase. Take the living world events that often take place in GW2 (if you venture outside of WvW) they are always packed and it feels like everyone is doing them, why? They are only around for a limited time making them one of the most rare events in the game. 3 hours is a good place for these events to stay somewhat ‘rare’ but still be withing a reasonable amount of time so that players can get to one during the time they play.

Also given the effects of the event it running often would make doors broken all the time, and we all saw how people handled the Golem event when walls and doors basically didn’t exist. They also shouldn’t tone down the power of the even or it will be less desirable aswell.

TL;DR
To get the most players to participate the event needs to be ‘rare’ and rewarding, however rewards shouldn’t break down the core of WvW.

Dano.5298

This sounds promising. Now, when you say out in the open, it kinda sounds like just another opportunity to zerg. Why exactly would it encourage reasonable size groups to fight without siege?

Ev
[SQD]

Pink Ninja Man.4375

This sounds promising. Now, when you say out in the open, it kinda sounds like just another opportunity to zerg. Why exactly would it encourage reasonable size groups to fight without siege?

From what I can tell, it’s a fairly large zone and the ‘objectives’ are scattered around the area. You can still bring a zerg but might have to split up to be efficient. I suppose siege can get used anywhere but when there isn’t a wall protecting it you can either push it and destroy it or run away and out range it.

Dano.5298

From what I can tell, it’s a fairly large zone and the ‘objectives’ are scattered around the area. You can still bring a zerg but might have to split up to be efficient. I suppose siege can get used anywhere but when there isn’t a wall protecting it you can either push it and destroy it or run away and out range it.

True true.

If I had to guess, I bet you will end up being right at first with groups splitting off to play the game as efficiently as possible. But I definitely can see (just like it is in off hours for at least bronze) that it will eventually be k-trainy as participation becomes the battle.

Just think it would be neat to sorta have a GvG arena that had consequences for your team as well. Seems like a good way to include more play-styles to the game.

I have hope though for this event thing!

Ev
[SQD]

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

I had excactly same thoughts about isntance as topicstarter…kind off, challenge guild to fight for keep? hard to think arround for me before map goes live tbh but i defiently would like such thing

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie