Ghastly Grinning Shield Skin

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: GstarHood.7186

GstarHood.7186

Will the Ghastly Grinning Shield Skin be making a comeback, I missed the chance to get one last year. I will farm hard if it is

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

50/50 that it will/will not – there’s no way to tell, we will probably end up getting new things though there’s a chance for them to come back. we just have to wait.

it is a nice shield though there’s no way i’m paying that ridiculous price that it’s going for in the TP…

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

in Blood and Madness

GstarHood.7186

50/50 that it will/will not – there’s no way to tell, we will probably end up getting new things though there’s a chance for them to come back. we just have to wait.

it is a nice shield though there’s no way i’m paying that ridiculous price that it’s going for in the TP…

Yh, I will not pay 400 gold aha

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Love that shield – how the grin gets bigger when you unsheathe it lol.

My prediction:
If the shield comes back, the TP price will drop by half.
If the shield does not come back, the price will double overnight.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Solomon Darkfury.3729

Solomon Darkfury.3729

It better not come back… I don’t mind if they offer new weapons but in no way shape or form should the old ones come back… They should be limited edition to be owned by the priviledged few who were there for the original event and busted their tails to get it…

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Yeah hope they will come back,but should be hard to get it

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

While I don’t want to get the shield, it looks neat and I think it should come back.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Khorrax.2108

Khorrax.2108

It better not come back… I don’t mind if they offer new weapons but in no way shape or form should the old ones come back… They should be limited edition to be owned by the priviledged few who were there for the original event and busted their tails to get it…

I really hope those weapons return just to spite this guy.

Anyway, I’m pretty sure we’ll be able to craft those weapons again. I remember reading something related to that.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Orion Pax.6254

Orion Pax.6254

I really hope ANet see’s the price of the Skin on the TP and says, “gee people really want this skin, let’s put it back in this update!”…… HAHAHA no will not happen that way. At least we can hope to get that skin again

Wango Tango Mango

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

They re-released the other old limited-time skins for 5+ tickets in the vendor. That seems a fair compromise since it doesn’t screw over the players who have already spent over 300g on a limited offered weapon skin.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

If the skin were bound on acquisition from the MK Chest, you’d have a case. As it stands, it’s no more special than the amount of gold you’d have to dump onto the TP for one.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: waldie.6015

waldie.6015

most of the “limited” skins (pyro, etc) came back with the tp npc and the tickets… so, they also could come back.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I always support players being able to earn the skins they want, whenever they want. We do know for a fact that certain craftable skins like the Mad Moon and Arachnophobia are coming back, so don’t give up hope!

in Blood and Madness

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Anyway, I’m pretty sure we’ll be able to craft those weapons again. I remember reading something related to that.

Let me preface this by saying I earned all four of my Halloween skins during the Halloween event and I use all of mine. If they bring these skins back it will screw over EVERYONE who purchased these using in game gold from the TP. These have a “special” market value due to their limited time status. If they bring them back then they should refund anyone who spent the hundreds of gold to obtain them from the TP months after the event took place. Not to mention the fact that the market value of these will collapse over night screwing over anyone who was trying to sell them as well…

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

Psht, I managed to buy one early on (80g then) but I still want them to come back. Just make them as difficult to get as it was then and things will be dandy. Which pretty much means RNG….

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

@Solomon: By that logic, anybody who bought items for their normal price before a sale slashed prices should also be entitled to a refund. Yet you’ll never see that happen.

Don’t get me wrong. I can see where you’re coming from, but there’s arguments to be made in the opposite direction too. Exclusivity is, in itself, also a limited time purchase. When you pay extra to get a rare or costly item, what you’re really paying for is the ability to lord your shiny over those who don’t have it. If the company later re-releases the item 6 months or a year down the track, that doesn’t negate the time you had where you had something no one else did. That period of exclusivity is what you paid for, and got.

As to the second half of your argument, investment is always a double-edged sword. There is just as much opportunity to get rich as there is to get burned, and no investment should be considered as solid considering the market is always in flux. In a free market, there are winners, but also just as many, if not more, losers.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Anyone else feeling spite growing for Solomon? The elitism must be rubbing off. =D

Either way, they should be coming back Anet needs to make money since you’re all playing for kitten near free. So I welcome them back.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in Blood and Madness

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Anyone else feeling spite growing for Solomon? The elitism must be rubbing off. =D

Either way, they should be coming back Anet needs to make money since you’re all playing for kitten near free. So I welcome them back.

Not elitism… just a hope that Anet can keep at least one basic promise and keep what is labeled as limited time exactly that. I even believe if I remember correctly, Anet advertised the Halloween skins as get them now before they are gone forever…

and for the record, you don’t even know me… I’ve given away hundreds of Gold and expensive items to guildies, friends, and even random strangers.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: BoogerSammich.7189

BoogerSammich.7189

Not elitism… just a hope that Anet can keep at least one basic promise and keep what is labeled as limited time exactly that. I even believe if I remember correctly, Anet advertised the Halloween skins as get them now before they are gone forever…

and for the record, you don’t even know me… I’ve given away hundreds of Gold and expensive items to guildies, friends, and even random strangers.

Don’t mean to fan the flames here, but… Even if they come back EVERY year, they are still limited edition and time sensitive. Only being able to obtain something for 2-4 weeks out of the year makes it VERY limited and VERY time sensitive. Imagine if something like petroleum were only available for one month out of the year… It would be a very scarce resource indeed.

Also, as far as “promises”. I may be wrong, but i don’t recall Anet ever “promising” to make content unavailable? That whole line of logic just seems a little strange to me.

That being said; I can see both points. On one hand, I will proudly wear my mad memories throughout the festivities this year. And if this particular item doesn’t become available again? Well sure i will enjoy the fact that i have a memory from last year that has some special value. BUT, i wont be upset if people who weren’t around last year are given the opportunity to earn one as well. (just an example)

Here’s to the Mad King!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

You’re forgetting that the Ghastly Grinning shield dropped from Mad King Chests and wasn’t craftable in the first place.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Blood and Madness

PlagueParade.7942

“Limited Time” does not necessarily mean for that one time only and never again. Holidays come are around for a limited time but come around again for the following year. McDonald’s Monopoly game occurs for a limited time but comes around the following year. There are plenty of examples for “limited time” that doesn’t mean they won’t be back. I hope they do come back they were a great hit then and would be now. There were not that many to begin with what with the RNG rate for them. Yes, I think they should come back and I fail to see how more people having them would make me like mine any less.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Hard to say at this point. Most of the other skins have returned in some way, so the Halloween skins coming back wouldn’t be that out-there. But then again, the other skins were 100% unavailable to players in any way once the events ended, where the Halloween skins (as well as the Southsun skins like the Shark Tooth weapons / shoulderpads) have always been available on the TP. And those TP-available weapons are the only ones which haven’t returned yet. Which means those weapons are already available, albeit in limited supply and high price, so it might not be seen as nessicary to bring them back.

If they do come back though, I hope they come back IN ADDITION to new weapons. It would be hugely disappointing if the old skins returned and no new Halloween skins were added because of it.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

Let me preface this by saying I earned all four of my Halloween skins during the Halloween event and I use all of mine. If they bring these skins back it will screw over EVERYONE who purchased these using in game gold from the TP. These have a “special” market value due to their limited time status. If they bring them back then they should refund anyone who spent the hundreds of gold to obtain them from the TP months after the event took place. Not to mention the fact that the market value of these will collapse over night screwing over anyone who was trying to sell them as well…

so your logic is that these skins shouldn’t come back because you couldn’t wait till halloween and went ahead and blew all your cash for a skin, so now you don’t want to feel like a complete idiot and make sure that the skins don’t come back.
i really hope you never get into a position of any power.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

I want to note that you cant resell items you are using so they no longer have a market value and you shouldn’t care if they come back or not either way unless you want to sell them. Only people who collect them to sell them latter when they are a higher price should care. And for them any new release and market fluctuation Anet does is there prerogative. No user <-person expected to gain from the release should have any say in the decision would be equivalent of insider trading.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

Solomon’s thinking is the same type of thinking that some people with legendaries have about precursor prices becoming cheaper/“easier” to get than they are now(Coming from someone who farmed 2 legendaries). It’s a crappy and selfish way of thinking.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

As somebody who got the staff last year I’ve got to say that that is a very selfish way of thinking. This game like any other needs new blood and when you deny new players a fair shot at acquiring a weapon they desire you’re effectively depriving yourself of their business. Time gated content is not a good approach.

in Blood and Madness

Solomon Darkfury.3729

so your logic is that these skins shouldn’t come back because you couldn’t wait till halloween and went ahead and blew all your cash for a skin, so now you don’t want to feel like a complete idiot and make sure that the skins don’t come back.
i really hope you never get into a position of any power.

Farmed keys for mine but thanks for the assumption!

in Blood and Madness

Solomon Darkfury.3729

I want to note that you cant resell items you are using so they no longer have a market value and you shouldn’t care if they come back or not either way unless you want to sell them. Only people who collect them to sell them latter when they are a higher price should care. And for them any new release and market fluctuation Anet does is there prerogative. No user <-person expected to gain from the release should have any say in the decision would be equivalent of insider trading.

Exactly why I have no stake in this argument… Thank you for making my point for me…. Mine are soulbound, so I am not looking to make any gold of of this…

in Blood and Madness

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Solomon’s thinking is the same type of thinking that some people with legendaries have about precursor prices becoming cheaper/“easier” to get than they are now(Coming from someone who farmed 2 legendaries). It’s a crappy and selfish way of thinking.

You are incorrect. Precursors are not limited time only. Also when Halloween was ending last year they even said get your mad king chests now before these Halloween skins are gone forever…

in Blood and Madness

Solomon Darkfury.3729

As somebody who got the staff last year I’ve got to say that that is a very selfish way of thinking. This game like any other needs new blood and when you deny new players a fair shot at acquiring a weapon they desire you’re effectively depriving yourself of their business. Time gated content is not a good approach.

Hey don’t get me wrong, I am all for new skins…

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Golgathoth.3967

Golgathoth.3967

Limited time does not necessarily mean “never coming back”, it means “you can only get this during this holiday.”

Sylvari: 7 Humans: 3 Charr: 2 Norn: 1 Asura: 0
“Tarnished Coast” since head start!

in Blood and Madness

PlagueParade.7942

You are incorrect. Precursors are not limited time only. Also when Halloween was ending last year they even said get your mad king chests now before these Halloween skins are gone forever…

I want proof of this. Where is this quote you are talking about?

in Blood and Madness

Solomon Darkfury.3729

It was posted in the final days of the Halloween event on the Black Lion tab. Before you ask, obviously I don’t have a screenshot because who the hell would take a screen of that. Never expected to have to prove it to anyone as in other MMOs I have played limited time and never to return items are just a reality of the MMO genre…

in Blood and Madness

GstarHood.7186

I understand what you mean, I just wanted to know because I missed the event last year and really want it. But i do not want to pay 400g, but I guess I will if they do not bring it back

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

I still can’t believe I bought it for 20 gold on the last day of 2012’s Halloween. It will always be the greatest shield skin ever.

#ELEtism

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: lilz shorty.1879

lilz shorty.1879

I still can’t believe I bought it for 20 gold on the last day of 2012’s Halloween. It will always be the greatest shield skin ever.

I agree its the best skin lol. And you were also smart and actually decided to buy it cheap rather then wait like everyone else, then proceed to QQ about it. Peoples logic rofl. They decided to wait a year instead, then feel entitled to get another chance. That would defeat the purpose or excitement if they brought back the same items everytime and also be annoying as time goes on. The fifth halloween there will be 100 skins to obtain? Makes no sense.

“Morfeus X” || Team: Apex Prime
“Best Guardian NA”

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

LOL

Well aren’t you a special little snowflake. Unless Anet takes the old skins away from people, and then gives those to new people, your argument is crap.

Obviously it would be better if both happened, new skin+ older skins coming back. The more skins the better, it offers much more variety in the game.

The simple reason for offering the old skins though is that the game has advanced. There have been new tiers, a pvp destroying constant cycle of nerfing/buffing has left some professions feeling completely different than they did at launch. Things are account bound now instead of everything being soul bound, with achievements giving more account bound rewards.

Plenty of reasons to bring them back, I haven’t even listed them all. So what’s is the reason not to?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Miflett.3472

Miflett.3472

This type of thought denies content to the majority for the sake of a few. I get the premise of having something special, and that with it, also comes a certain sense of ego, but I would implore others to find joy in achieving the difficult — not I was here on x date.

I’ve been around since the beginning too, but I don’t value all my special little items to the point where I would deny them to others based on how special I feel they are. It’s a difference in opinion, and I respect that, but I feel this type of thought does more to separate players than bring them together.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

All the skins from last year will return….

How do I know this? -The Sept 3rd patch notes….

• •The Mystic Forge recipes for The Mad Moon, Arachnophobia, and The Crossing have been temporarily disabled. They will be updated and return at Halloween.

Edit: Wait..um, grinning moon was the BLC random, wasn’kitten My bad. Don’t know if those will return. Just know the drop/crafted ones from last year will.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

100% that it will come back with other skins.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

It was posted in the final days of the Halloween event on the Black Lion tab. Before you ask, obviously I don’t have a screenshot because who the hell would take a screen of that. Never expected to have to prove it to anyone as in other MMOs I have played limited time and never to return items are just a reality of the MMO genre…

not for or nor against the arguments made about the shield, but for the sake of discussion, you cannot make that claim, then refute evidence on the fact that it’s assumed people would understand the lack of evidence and your second hand knowledge of someone else’s ‘word’ as proof.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

All the skins from last year will return….

How do I know this? -The Sept 3rd patch notes….

• •The Mystic Forge recipes for The Mad Moon, Arachnophobia, and The Crossing have been temporarily disabled. They will be updated and return at Halloween.

Edit: Wait..um, grinning moon was the BLC random, wasn’kitten My bad. Don’t know if those will return. Just know the drop/crafted ones from last year will.

I read that as the Mystic Forge recipes would be updated and return at Halloween since the implication is that the “They” in the second sentence refers to the recipes. As in, the Mystic Forge recipes would be updated to spit out the new weapons now. Who knows though, it could be either way. We’ll soon find out.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Chess Jurist.3580

Chess Jurist.3580

The old skins better come back. Also I’m tired of these pay2win sore losers speaking up saying the old skins shouldn’t return. What a load of crap if you ask me.

The only reason they got those skins was because they paid for them, now they don’t want people to be able to get them.

What a load of rubbish. You didn’t earn those skins at all, you paid for them. Give us all a break.

Exactly how are we winning by your “pay2win” thoery? It is a skin, it has utterly no affect on improving gaming performance by any means.

This is a time sensitive game, and by that I mean if you weren’t there for the event, then too bad so sad. Heck, I sure would love to get my chance to shoot for an easy precursor on the lost shores event, but you know what, it’s not going to happen because it was a 1 time event. If you didn’t earn a skin yourself you should have bought it while it was dirt cheap. But it was in your stupidity, for whatever reason, not to. If you weren’t there for the event or time frame of buying those skins cheap, well that’s too bad. Veteran players earned that right to obtain those skins, whether it was through BLC or buying it cheap on TP. And please understand that they are still “AVAILABLE” to everyone through the TP. Gold is much easier to obtain as well, so it’s not much harder then it was for us veteran players to purchase those skins.

Plus don’t give us the “You didn’t earn those skins bs”. Some of us paid to buy keys, and how do people make money you ask? We work and we “EARN” that money. Some people used their gold to convert to gems to purchase keys, and how do people get gold to do that? Simple, they “EARNED” it through game play by whatever means. Some people simply bought it off the TP because they “EARNED” their gold, as I stated before. So please tell me how we did not earn to have the privileged of having these Halloween items?

Don’t go around calling people sore losers when in fact you are the sore loser, crying over split milk.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

apparently you’re so naively special that you haven’t heard of a sales promotion before in your life.
a sales promotion like that is when a company lies about something to get more money out of people wanting the things in that sale.
btw never hold a company on its written word.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Legendary Raft.9126

Legendary Raft.9126

I own the Ghastly Grinning Shield!
I got mine myself from the Mad King Chest.
I’ve been playing GW2 since day one.

Here’s my opinion:

It should not make a return. The skin was not a craft recipe but actually a “drop” from the Mad King Chest. You had to have gotten lucky to achieve the skin back then.

But… If people insist on a return, make it a chance item as well. Make it an extremely low ratio of obtaining from something similar to the Mad King Chest.

The skin is still available though. It’s not gone. But if you truly want it, I believe you should work for it because it’s a limited edition skin that few people of the community have saved and will have saved over the past year and years to come.

(edited by Legendary Raft.9126)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

LOL

Well aren’t you a special little snowflake. Unless Anet takes the old skins away from people, and then gives those to new people, your argument is crap.

Obviously it would be better if both happened, new skin+ older skins coming back. The more skins the better, it offers much more variety in the game.

The simple reason for offering the old skins though is that the game has advanced. There have been new tiers, a pvp destroying constant cycle of nerfing/buffing has left some professions feeling completely different than they did at launch. Things are account bound now instead of everything being soul bound, with achievements giving more account bound rewards.

Plenty of reasons to bring them back, I haven’t even listed them all. So what’s is the reason not to?

Nice broken English. Can’t even make an argument through your stupidity LOL.

Pot and kettle. Trying to make an excuse about someones English because of your own inadequacy. That’s certainly a novel concept.

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”

? Socrates

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

last year it was going for 80 silver…now it’s 400g :o

Are you Shpongled?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I wouldnt be suprised if it would reappear for black lion tickets.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Piper.8275

Piper.8275

I currently have one, and I am seriously debating selling it in case they are made available again, and prices drop. It’s a very hard decision to make though, because if they aren’t made available again, I would have a nearly priceless item that I could hold onto until the price rises even more. X_X

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

a long as there is demand for that supply, they’re likely to bring it back. they might have said “get these item now before they’re gone forever” – though they say that about every other item and tend to bring it back after a couple of months.

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~