I Beat the clocktower!

I Beat the clocktower!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

A few minor changes this time around but still awesome!

I would rather see real characters and not blue mist though

I Beat the clocktower!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Real characters were the bane of the clocktower last year. Charr and norn causing smaller races to be completely blotted out so you couldn’t see if you were even making the jump from the right location or not.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

I Beat the clocktower!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’d rather see other players too, personally. I played my Asura last year and had no problem with other players blocking the view at all.

But it was a problem for a lot of other people and this is a good solution, so I’m not complaining. Just personal preference, its better now regardless of that.

I Beat the clocktower!

in Blood and Madness

Zackie.8923

Real characters were the bane of the clocktower last year. Charr and norn causing smaller races to be completely blotted out so you couldn’t see if you were even making the jump from the right location or not.

yea well, but that was the real fun in my opinion. or maybe i am just too hardcore

I Beat the clocktower!

in Blood and Madness

Kal Spiro.9745

I actually find the whole thing more fitting. I don’t like doing jumping puzzles with other people, and the blue glows make it more spooky.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

I Beat the clocktower!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Portal Master.9146

Portal Master.9146

Good job although that jump at the end looked a little sketchy.
I’ll be glad to try this again this year with the advantage of already knowing it. I was new back then and didn’t know enough to look at internet guides (Dulfy!) so this puzzle took me forever… The jump far down mid-way through the puzzle was insane to figure out.

I was a little Asuran Engineer last year. I created a huge Char Warrior with big spiked armor block everyone’s view too…
Actually I’m really glad they made that change.

I Beat the clocktower!

in Blood and Madness

Zackie.8923

Good job although that jump at the end looked a little sketchy.
I’ll be glad to try this again this year with the advantage of already knowing it. I was new back then and didn’t know enough to look at internet guides (Dulfy!) so this puzzle took me forever… The jump far down mid-way through the puzzle was insane to figure out.

I was a little Asuran Engineer last year. I created a huge Char Warrior with big spiked armor block everyone’s view too…
Actually I’m really glad they made that change.

yea i died like 3 times trying the jump at the end for this year’s clocktower.

it seems like you need to go slower this time lol. odd but true. no more preempting etc. go slow. be delayed.

I Beat the clocktower!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: DaKenster.5801

DaKenster.5801

The wisps are a fantastic addition, no more getting clock blocked.

JQ- [VG]

I Beat the clocktower!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: JakeG.9620

JakeG.9620

honey, I beat the clock tower last year <3

I Beat the clocktower!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: BlackWolf.8605

BlackWolf.8605

boreing i expect maybe anew round or somthing not the same one form lsat year .. this wholes year so far is just a rip from last year which is abit lame…

Wolves of The Abyss [Wolf]

I Beat the clocktower!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Same here.
It is my impression or there is no reason to complete this again?
Is there any new achieve, chest prize or something?

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

I Beat the clocktower!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Why can’t it be a option to see a blue mist or other players?

I Beat the clocktower!

in Blood and Madness

Kal Spiro.9745

boreing i expect maybe anew round or somthing not the same one form lsat year .. this wholes year so far is just a rip from last year which is abit lame…

You seriously expected them to completely redesign the event this year? That’s not how it works. We get some new content and a ton of the old content.

I Beat the clocktower!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Satakal.6971

Satakal.6971

I feel like the wisps greatly diminished the experience. It’s just not fun without racing with the other players.

I Beat the clocktower!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Erika.8256

Erika.8256

Same here.
It is my impression or there is no reason to complete this again?
Is there any new achieve, chest prize or something?

You get gloves instead of boots this time around.

I Beat the clocktower!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Garzin.7185

Garzin.7185

It wasn’t that hard

I Beat the clocktower!

in Blood and Madness

Zackie.8923

I feel like the wisps greatly diminished the experience. It’s just not fun without racing with the other players.

i concur with this

I Beat the clocktower!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Dr Ritter.1327

Dr Ritter.1327

exactly, everyone likes to complain how big the charrs and norn were, I had no problem with them playing as a human character. now we suffer with these changes because of the noobs

The Paragon
[KICK] You’re out of the Guild
#beastgate

I Beat the clocktower!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Chilly.2087

Chilly.2087

I Beat the clocktower!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: tweeve.3782

tweeve.3782

I finally beat it after making it to the last jump 10 times.

Is it me or did they make the hit box for the last jump smaller.

I Beat the clocktower!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Kagato.4061

Kagato.4061

I like the fact that they are blue mists, it does make it easier.

What I don’t like is:

1. The scoring system – it’s absolutely pointless other than to brag to others that you’ve beaten it so and so times. First place doesn’t even get a reward, and it just makes it take longer to get to the puzzle. Why was this even added?

2. Unable to play with friends now. This is an issue with all activities, but I remember having a blast racing my friend to the top, and now we can’t join the same server anymore. Why is it like this? Why can’t I play with my friends?

3. Only 5 people. One of the most fun things was the social interaction from last year – the blue mists got rid of the issue regarding Norns and Charr, so why in the world did they reduce the amount of people jumping through the puzzle? It’s not as fun with so few people.

With that being said, I love the challenge of the puzzle, but it’s just annoying that most of the changes based around it kind of suck.

I Beat the clocktower!

in Blood and Madness

Zackie.8923

What I don’t like is:

1. The scoring system – it’s absolutely pointless other than to brag to others that you’ve beaten it so and so times. First place doesn’t even get a reward, and it just makes it take longer to get to the puzzle. Why was this even added?

2. Unable to play with friends now. This is an issue with all activities, but I remember having a blast racing my friend to the top, and now we can’t join the same server anymore. Why is it like this? Why can’t I play with my friends?

3. Only 5 people. One of the most fun things was the social interaction from last year – the blue mists got rid of the issue regarding Norns and Charr, so why in the world did they reduce the amount of people jumping through the puzzle? It’s not as fun with so few people.

With that being said, I love the challenge of the puzzle, but it’s just annoying that most of the changes based around it kind of suck.

couldn’t agree more

I Beat the clocktower!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Seeing the other people was part of the fun. Anyway it took me a few tries to get back into the swing of it but since i’m already a clock tower veteran… Well one of my guild mates was doing the clocktower since the patch, I got on, and beat it before he was finished about 2 hours later.

I Beat the clocktower!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: PhoenixDown.5467

PhoenixDown.5467

I finally beat it after making it to the last jump 10 times.

Is it me or did they make the hit box for the last jump smaller.

It’s big as hell. I completed it, but I swear I’ve hit the wall right below the clock.

I Beat the clocktower!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

The changes to the puzzle were fantastic. Kudos!

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

I Beat the clocktower!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

What I don’t like is:

THIS THIS THIS!

Last year’s clock tower was so much better! I dont know why they bothered to convert it into a lame “activity”. It takes longer to do repeat runs due to wait time now. ALSO the initial reward (armor piece) is account bound, it was character bound last year and all my alts would be able to get it.

I Beat the clocktower!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I’m not very good at JPs. Took me around 45 minutes to beat it. I found myself doing it multiple times afterwards because it was actually fun once you get the hang of it.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

I Beat the clocktower!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: null.1298

null.1298

What I don’t like is:

Scoreboard

I actually don’t think that true racing is fully possible in GW2 due to lag. A person’s clock tower can actually be de-synchronized from others. This is why when a person lags, they have to jump up to 3 tower walls earlier to make the last jump (before the clock is even hit).

Similarly, player positions can be de-synchronized due to lag. For instance, if a player is lagging, he can be ahead of everybody in the race on his own screen, but to others (and to the server), he can actually be behind them. I don’t think GW2 has a way to compensate for this desynchronized lag.

Personally, I think that the Scoreboard in the new Clocktower is a really good alternative way to compete with each other. See who can complete the tower faster and more often / more consistently.

I’ve already had a few different matches where me and another random person would be neck and neck, tied to the last round, then finally one of us would mess up, and the other would win at the last moment. It’s pretty fun XD

I also like the new Scoreboard because it gives me incentive to beat my own personal record, to see how many completions I can get in a match.

Blue Mists

I personally preferred seeing the actual players rather than mists, but I think the mists change is a good change overall. I personally didn’t mind seeing big norn / charr because there’s a way to bypass most people at the start of the map (a really efficient path that most people never took), but I also didn’t mind the extra challenge of blind jumping when vision blocked by big norn / charr.

Thing is, purposely playing a big norn / charr was actually a way to grief the clock tower. Not everybody playing a big norn / charr was purposely doing it to grief, but at least now they can still play their big norn / charr without being raged at for griefing others, heh.

5 Player Limit

I do miss being able to play with more players because there were a lot more people to talk with during the puzzle. I also really liked being able to show other players how to do the jumps, and purposely waiting up for them so they could catch up.

With the 5 player limit, most of the matches are a lot quieter in the chat. Then again, Clocktower might not be as popular this year anyway since it’s repeated content.

I really love Clocktower though. The freerunning feeling of trying to smoothly speed run Clocktower is still so enjoyable for me. It kinda reminds me of Mirror’s Edge. Clocktower is still my favourite jumping puzzle.

I Beat the clocktower!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: zetazmanian.1478

zetazmanian.1478

It was too easy this year, imo. Took me 30 seconds to beat it and it was no challenge what so ever, unfortunately. Good thing tho that they added mists for the people struggling with it so that’s a + from me.

I Beat the clocktower!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

This year I finish it on first try honestly after Tribulation SAB it was quite easy:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

I Beat the clocktower!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

i concur with this

Ditto!
Having worked my way to the top, it was a lesser feeling of accomplishment because difficulty has been toned down with the wisp form change. Ofc, it was less difficult since I did it last year too, but still, I liked seeing people(bodies) drop all around me

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

I Beat the clocktower!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

What I don’t like is:

Absolutely – and I kept thinking last night that they turned the JP into a PvP game just to get an easy win with turning other players into wisp forms. It’s basically copy/paste of the Southsun Survival; somehow setting all other players to “defeated” for each other. And to get that wisp form effect they had to move the JP into a PvP activity format.

I was hoping to have fun there with many people and those in my group; neither was possible.

All in all, it’s a great JP but this year’s changes were not my cup of tea :/

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

I Beat the clocktower!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Forged.7598

Forged.7598

“Scoreboard”
Its an Achv to get 1st place… Only real reason to do again I guess. (meaning after you make it up first time you have to stay in for the remainder and make sure no one beats your score.)