New trailer!

New trailer!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

New trailer!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Avatar Rage.4369

Watched it before coming to the forums, really snuck up on me this one.

New trailer!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Aycee.9162

Aycee.9162

I thought the villagers killed him =/

New trailer!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Vergil Huragok.3967

Vergil Huragok.3967

He did have 8 wives, this still kinda circumvents the notion of whom is Edrick’s mother, and him not being killed along his father is also tied into being locked within a box for time unknown….What’s more interesting is the term “monster” and “brought his family shame”…How does one shame the Thorn family? All in all a really interesting trailer…why can’t it be tomorrow ;-;

New trailer!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

He did have 8 wives, this still kinda circumvents the notion of whom is Edrick’s mother, and him not being killed along his father is also tied into being locked within a box for time unknown….What’s more interesting is the term “monster” and “brought his family shame”…How does one shame the Thorn family? All in all a really interesting trailer…why can’t it be tomorrow ;-;

My thoughts exactly (was going to post then saw yours). I mean his father was a butcher, sadist, and enjoyed playing games with his victims. He killed his 8 wives and was so horrible his subjects plotted his death and dismemberment. How would his son be a monster and shame the family after what his father did? In fact, for the Mad King to feel shame in his son, wouldn’t it be more likely that his son was a nice guy and tried to stop his father…that is the only way I could think that the King would be shamed by him.

Then again, the King was mad afterall. Maybe he was shamed by the fact that his son wanted to kill and then play with the undead and his father preferred to kill and then play with toys. Maybe the defilement of the dead somehow offends the Mad King.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

New trailer!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

I’m concerned about what could possibly be retcon against the lore known with Thorn and his family at the time of assassination. We know that his son was still alive during the time of his death because the ghosts of the villagers we talked to last year told us such. ~~~~Edit: Although it does say “they locked him in a box, mouth stuffed with candy corn”, it could mean the villagers did that instead of his parents.

As for how he’s a shame for the Thorn family, that’s a given based on his name. “Bloody” is a conditional name given to a sadist who slaughters people for no other reason than their own spectacular enjoyment. King Thorn was a crazy person, but not quite a sadist in the since of say Vlad the Impaler.

(edited by Siphaed.9235)

New trailer!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Bah, it didn’t even rhyme.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

New trailer!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Vergil Huragok.3967

Vergil Huragok.3967

It did, just different format with lines; Also isn’t a retcon as Edrick could be alive by his fathers dark magic (corporal v spirit)… Edrick is added lore, he is a son of Thorn presumably the eldest from a course of 8 wives and he was locked in a box we don’t know when, if he’s a ghost, it’ll be explained in the release and it may be an interesting twist for the LS as a whole

New trailer!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Nightrise.2415

Nightrise.2415

Bah, it didn’t even rhyme.

It rhymed, but you could barely tell with her horrible voice.

New trailer!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

How does one shame the Thorn family?

The hint was in the trailer
His mouth was stuffed with candy corn.
He probably hates it, but was forced to eat it.
The Thorn family has a strange “tough love” approach. If you don’t like something on the plate, they force it in your mouth and lock you in a box for years.

I caught something like that on a episode of Dr Phil’s Tyrian special.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

New trailer!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Woo I like it!

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

New trailer!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

[Spoiler!] What makes me interested is why he is locked inside a chest in Ascalon, near Black Citadel.

Some might have seen WoodenPotatoes mystery videos, one being about the gargoyles that existed in Ascalon, but suddenly disappeared, later on found in the Mad King’s realm.

New trailer!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Xase.5064

Xase.5064

Seeing as Edrick was likely killed after Thorn (if Wynn the ghost can be believed) the candy-corn stuffing was probably done by the revolting citizens of Kryta who were also the ones that replaced Thorn’s head with a pumpkin. There’s a possibility that the part of the family that was shamed by Edrick’s actions was on Thorn’s cousin side (who ascended the throne after Thorn’s death), but if he such a monster he brought shame to Oswald Thorn of all people then… wow.
The “sealed in a box” part could have been that Edrick inherited some of his father’s formidable magical power- the kind of power that led the citizens of Kryta seal Thorn’s into several boxes out of fear. That they might have shipped is all the way to Ascalon is interesting.
Or there could be different and new developments in this regard! Looking forward to this release!

New trailer!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Hey folks…

Whoever said Thorn had one son?

He just had one living son when he was dead.

Side note: @Invictus: I believe we only know he killed 2 of his wives. His first and fifth. The eighth was supposedly killed by the villagers. The other 5 we’re unsure of how they died.

Despite the biography investigation, we don’t really know that much about him. I mean, how old was he when Thorn died? Among all those years, we know of about 13 events, give or take, from the investigation.

I mean, we don’t know how Thorn got death-defying powerful magic. We don’t know the names of 6 of the wives, nor if he had children with 7 of them (I doubt he did with the first but the other six? He could have).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

New trailer!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

Halloween was more hyped last year than this year.

R.I.P Kumu <3

New trailer!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Given Thorn’s sadistic and nonsensical reign, I wouldn’t be surprised if Thorn had Edrick executed because he was a kindly, good-hearted prince who tried to counter his father’s mad edicts. Sadly, his tortured death drove the good prince into his own madness, compelling him to traffic with dark spirits and make unholy bargains of his own to gather an undead army to take vengeance on his father (and anyone unfortunate enough to get in his way).

New trailer!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Thorn probably felt shame for his son because Edrick never made horrible jokes and puns while slaughtering people…never took after his father sigh

NSPride <3

New trailer!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

Halloween was more hyped last year than this year.

Because it was our first event. :P

I see people talking about Halloween this year pretty frequently in game. Probably one of the most anticipated events what with how Living Story has been going lately.

(edited by Mimir.4690)