Skill Recharge Message

Skill Recharge Message

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Mustafa.7684

Mustafa.7684

is there any way i can disable this message?? I know my skill is on recharge, its just i like to spam it with 2 secs remaining so i can cast is asap.

having this message removes the chat log as it goes all the way up due to the message “skill recharging”.

Skill Recharge Message

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Next

I believe it’s tied to the “Game Messages” check-box in your chat filter options. Try turning that off.

Skill Recharge Message

in Blood and Madness

Mustafa.7684

but wouldn’t that remove all other game message??? Isnt there a way i can specifically remove this one as it is annoying.

Skill Recharge Message

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: SoulCrystal.2186

SoulCrystal.2186

Agreed. It is far too annoying to be useful. I want to turn it off without removing other in game messages.

Skill Recharge Message

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Strom.2917

Strom.2917

It’s tied to game messages but so is loot, and I want loot to show. I don’t want skill recharge to spam my entire chat. This didn’t happen pre halloween patch.

Skill Recharge Message

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Six.8051

Six.8051

definitely hating this change.

Skill Recharge Message

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

please remove it x_x

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

Skill Recharge Message

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

Also noticed this. As it’s a time-sensitive message (doesn’t add anything useful in terms of combat log/event data), I think it’s redundant to have it appear both on screen and in chat. All it’s doing is scrolling relevant text/chat up out of the way for me.

Skill Recharge Message

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I have to agree on this one. The “Skill recharging” spam is not needed.

Skill Recharge Message

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Haowk.3956

Haowk.3956

This change is indeed very annoying. Please fix it or at least give us an option to turn it off without turning off the game messages. I can’t see my friends getting online/offline without being spammed by that.

Skill Recharge Message

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Nebilim.5127

Nebilim.5127

I believe it’s tied to the “Game Messages” check-box in your chat filter options. Try turning that off.

The skill messages was tied to battle messages before, now it is tied to game messages. it makes no sense. Please, report this and turn the change back again.

The world is teeming with unnecessary people.
It is God’s decision that i fight.
As knight of honor, as protector of the sin. I sacrifice myself, for the blood of criminals.

Skill Recharge Message

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Just to clarify – I forwarded this issue to the team earlier this morning.

Skill Recharge Message

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It’s not only ‘skill recharging’, it’s ‘you don’t have enough energy for that’ and …gee, some other red message that didn’t show in regular chat before.

I have to agree, it’s very annoying as far as being able to read chat goes.

Skill Recharge Message

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Undoriel.5941

Undoriel.5941

Agreed. Super annoying. Pls give us an option to turn this feature on/off.

Skill Recharge Message

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Avatara.1042

I don’t understand how this kind of stuff isn’t caught in QA.

Lol…Anet does not quality assure anything.

Skill Recharge Message

in Blood and Madness

Mustafa.7684

Thanks but to be honest this message was not really needed in game especially since we get on one on screen. And i was sooo hoping it was going to do away from the 2nd patch update last night.

but please do something about this.

Skill Recharge Message

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

If I may a suggestion to ANET, split the " friends coming online " section of the game message to something else so we may have game messages off all together I could be COMPLETELY wrong but I’d argue most people don’t want to see what they looted etc in their chat as we can already see it on the side of the screen, I just show it because I like seeing when friends come online.

Skill Recharge Message

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: SoulCrystal.2186

SoulCrystal.2186

There has been two follow up patches and this has still not been remedied. As Mustafa says, this was not a necessary change. We can already see when our skills are on cooldown because they are blacked out and have a countdown on them. A spamming game message is completely unnecessary and does nothing except drive other more important chat off our screens (guild, party, whispers). It should be completely removed, at least until the proper options are in place to allow us to toggle this message on or off independently.

Skill Recharge Message

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

I appreciate you guys actually taking time to look over this little issue. As a Guardian myself, I mostly just spam my buttons to activate boons before they fully recharge because every fraction of a second counts in some tough spots. “Game Messages” option been a good option to me for a while now, especially because of friends logging on and off

I truly appreciate you guys looking into this.

Skill Recharge Message

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Rafahil.2857

Rafahil.2857

On a similar note, whenever I use my numlock zero button which I have binded to my heal, I get a black lion red text message.

Skill Recharge Message

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Fall.2510

Fall.2510

Are there any news on whether this is a bug or intended change?

Skill Recharge Message

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Ah this explains a lot. I was getting very perturbed at the red msgs and thinking why didn’t this bother me before? Now I see why…it wasn’t there before…lol.

Yes, 1 vote for please revert from this poster.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Skill Recharge Message

in Blood and Madness

Romo.3709

It’s been 4-5 updates now since it was first brought up. Does that mean the issue was deemed to be a non-issue and we’re stuck with it? Is there any update on the status of this? It could simply be moved to Battle Messages instead.
Please have them fix this. It was an addition that nobody that uses “Game Messages” option is happy with at all. I’ve yet to see or hear one person being positive about that change.
Those messages are slowly becoming a pet peeve of mine…

Skill Recharge Message

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Fall.2510

Fall.2510

It would be nice to know if this is considered to be a bug or if it for some reason was changed. It wasn’t even documented in patch notes.

Skill Recharge Message

in Blood and Madness

Romo.3709

Josh, can you please see if there’s any update on the issue? Since we’re all sitting in the dark, simply hoping it will go away. If it’s not an issue and it will stay as it is, they please tell us, so we can just turn off “Game Messages” forever. Although I still have a slight ray of hope that I won’t have to…

Skill Recharge Message

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

in addition to that:

why doesnt chill affect the shown skill recharge?

for the first half of the year i never thought that my skills were actually on longer cooldown when i was chilled because i had the option “show skill recharge” and it didnt change…

it is slower yes but it still says 20 seconds if the skill has 20 seconds for a normal cooldown…

so its false information that is given to the player
at least it skills have this slightly blue color now while chilled but i dont understand why they cant show the actual increased cooldown then?

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Skill Recharge Message

in Blood and Madness

Romo.3709

All that stuff should be shown in “Combat Messages”, not “Game Messages”. I just turned off the “Game Messages” option yesterday… It truly makes me really sad that I was forced to do that. But the Skill Recharging and Not Enough Energy messages just… They almost made me hate the game… Anet for once didn’t deliver… I’m highly disappointed…

Skill Recharge Message

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Chellae.8401

Chellae.8401

It’d be really swell if they finally fixed this. It’s been about a month now and I keep getting spammed by “skill recharging” when all I want is notifications from friends logging in or out. sigh

Skill Recharge Message

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Yeah, turning off game messages is not an option for me, since I want to be able to see if people on my flist are coming online. (I wish this notification had its own option, to be honest.)

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Skill Recharge Message

in Blood and Madness

Faowri.4159

Anyone spotted any updates regarding whether this will be changed yet? It’s so redundant and annoying,

Skill Recharge Message

in Blood and Madness

Romo.3709

I got an e-mail from them about the bug ticket I submitted:
“Thank you for contacting our team about a game issue that you experienced. The Guild Wars 2 Development Team is aware of this issue and team members currently are working on addressing it. Please keep an eye on the official forums for any future updates and announcements regarding Guild Wars 2.”

Skill Recharge Message

in Blood and Madness

Faowri.4159

Oooh, good to hear. Thanks!