This was a let down this year...

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

Other then the great job they did with the Bloody Prince I talked about in another thread… this year was a real dissapointment… I expected A LOT more story to develop this year and more adventure.

The thing that got me is one red posted how excited or something of what they got in store for us this year for Halloween and I am like… ok.. deception much? * sigh * It is really depressing… too busy building that stupid Scarlet garbage, polishing that kitten as hard as they can in hopes it will somehow be so shiny you might think its a diamond for an instance instead of kitten cause they try to blind you with the shine!

Perfectly great character here, Mad King along with another perfectly great new character, the Prince and they just let them slip away…

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Thinsett.3789

Thinsett.3789

In what world is the prince a great character? Scarlett isn’t that interesting, sure, but what is the prince bringing to the table?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

It seems they went very half kitten d this Halloween which is very disappointing. Yeah the Bloody Prince was cool, but both of the instances were very short and left me wanting. The Mad King Says was just a copy/paste from last year minis the cool breakout scene.

In addition, there was no build out from the excellent story of last year. All and all I feel ANET dropped the ball on one of their most iconic events in Tyria!

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

In what world is the prince a great character? Scarlett isn’t that interesting, sure, but what is the prince bringing to the table?

His personality is far better and hes more disturbing then Scarlet. He sounds like he really says what he means, stalk you, eat your flesh etc. Anything Scarlet says I take with a grain of salt and even with the action behind it, everything is just forced. She does not have the personality to carry through with her so called plans to be taken seriously.

Bascially again, there is being a comic, and being a scary comic to be taken seriously or at least to some extent. Joker suceeds where Scarlet fails.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I enjoyed the Bloody Prince story, even if it was way too short. But it’s unforgivable that they stripped Halloween of half of the content that we had last year. What happened to Reapers Rumble, Ascent to Madness, the Mad King’s quests, temporary weapon skills?

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

Join the club, they completely ripped the soul from Halloween, and I didn’t think that was possible.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

His voice actor does a pretty good job, his conversations with the Mad King are somewhat amusing to listen to..oh, and that last threat before you seal him back in really feels intimidating, like he genuinely hates you and is singling you out for when/if he returns.

“No. No! Don’t send me back. I swear when I get out, I’ll come for you. I’ll stalk you, burn your cities, eat your flesh. I’ll tear down your world!

They just didn’t do enough with him, sadly. And everything else was such a grindy letdown after all the good things I read about Halloween last year.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Last years Halloween with the Mad King was one of greatest things since sliced break. This year was a colossal disappointment in comparison.

SBI

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

“But I DIEEEEED in that Box!”

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

His voice actor does a pretty good job, his conversations with the Mad King are somewhat amusing to listen to..oh, and that last threat before you seal him back in really feels intimidating, like he genuinely hates you and is singling you out for when/if he returns.

“No. No! Don’t send me back. I swear when I get out, I’ll come for you. I’ll stalk you, burn your cities, eat your flesh. I’ll tear down your world!

They just didn’t do enough with him, sadly. And everything else was such a grindy letdown after all the good things I read about Halloween last year.

And there’s the fact that he ACTUALLY HAS A BACKSTORY. lol.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: tomlin.8204

tomlin.8204

Yeah. I was wondering if I just didn’t enjoy this year’s Halloween because I had already seen most of it last year. I thought maybe it would be as cool to the newer players as it was to me then. But then I remember, the dungeon where you fight the MK – players falling off the sides of the map, jumping down to get that chest etc… it was fun in a party or solo, reasonably challenging (ok it was quite easy but it made you work a bit). This new “instance” thing, well, what was it again? mr emo pops out and talks some smack, I press a few buttons and he’s off again. I would LOVE more temp dungeons like last Halloween and Wintersday. They were brillient and everybody I played with thought they were really great.

What really killed interest in it for me was having all this toxic alliance stuff clash with it. It’s like um, hello? is it Halloween or is something else going on? Would be good if you relaxed the “new content every 2 weeks” thing sometimes, especially if one is still going on. You know, I don’t even know what’s going on with Halloween anymore… is there more to come or is it all out there now. It feels messy.

“meta” this, “meta” that. Please stop saying the word “meta”.