When will we receive normal PvP awards again?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: schreon.2035

schreon.2035

Hello,

currently, PvP rewards are still replaced by Trick or Treat bags. There has been a lot of fury on the forums, since they are not even usable by PvP players.

As a reaction, an ANet employee has stated, that

1) it was technically impossible to give ToT-Bags along with normal PvP reward chests,

2) they compensate this mistake by giving double reward chests after the halloween event is over.

Source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/PVP-rewards-bug/page/2#post3065457

My questions:

1) What exactly is the technical reason which prevents ANet from giving both rewards? Seriously, they give multiple rewards for e.g. completing Dailies. Giving a chest along with ToT bags can’t be more work than adding 2-3 lines of script code.

2) Halloween is over for two days now. We still receive ToT bags and no PvP chests. Why?

My friends and I are fairly new players (1-2 months). We just started with PvP and are looking forward to collect our PvP sets during holidays and weekends. We are very disappointed to only receive ToT bags. It would have been okay if we actually received double reward on Saturday and Sunday. But still ToT bags It would be nice if you could give us a date, since my girlfriend and I would then look for some pastime apart from gw2 until then.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Halloween runs until November 11th.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: schreon.2035

schreon.2035

Hmmm, it’s the 12th now and I still receive Trick or Treat bags. Have I done something wrong?

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: XarOneZeroNine.2374

XarOneZeroNine.2374

Hmmm, it’s the 12th now and I still receive Trick or Treat bags. Have I done something wrong?

Once the patch hits sometime today the trick or treat bags will be gone and you’ll get double reward bags instead.

If the forum search worked even a little bit I’d dig up the quote for you, but if you look its in the sPvP subforum somewhere.