About Quartz node...

About Quartz node...

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: Vajra.3914

Vajra.3914

Will Molten Minning pick be aviable to acquire this new crafting material?

About Quartz node...

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Why wouldn’t it?
It can mine all metals and it is quite likely to not be higher tier than Orichalcum.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

About Quartz node...

Posted by: Vajra.3914

Vajra.3914

I heard some rumors of new nodes beeing higher than orichalcum, and so the Molten Mine pick not beeing able to gather them…

About Quartz node...

Posted by: AlietteFaye.7316

AlietteFaye.7316

On this same subject, I’d love an official answer on whether or not this means that alts will be a beneficial thing to have. As in will the quartz nodes be limited to one per day per account, or one per day per character.

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

About Quartz node...

lordkrall.7241

The Molten Pick is however designed to mine ALL metals, which would also include any possible higher tier ones.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

About Quartz node...

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I think it’s pretty unlikely that this wouldn’t work on it, but an official verification would be nice.

About Quartz node...

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

It’s safe to assume it will because if it didn’t, that would mean they’re also introducing a new level of gathering (meaning new tools) which would go together with a new level of crafting. Something like that would only happen in a major update (like an expansion).

It may not even use gathering tools. It could just be something you pick up.

About Quartz node...

Posted by: neekaneeks.3865

neekaneeks.3865

Actually lordkrall you might want to read the fine print on it before saying that it will cover higher tiers…

Molten Alliance Mining Pick
Recovered from the Shiverpeaks, this dredge tool has unlimited charges and the same efficiency as an Orichalcum Mining Pick.

Unfortunately it does not say it would cover higher tiers (which is why I didn’t buy one). However, I don’t think at this time they would release/introduce anything that would require a different pick as that would not only exclude Molten Picks purchasers but also anger a nice chunk of people who do participate in purchases from the gem store.

About Quartz node...

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Recovered from the Shiverpeaks, this dredge tool has unlimited charges and the same efficiency as an Orichalcum Mining Pick.

When equipped, it says it mines ALL metals.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

About Quartz node...

Posted by: DaMunky.6302

DaMunky.6302

Oh god. I hope they don’t let you to mine all 5 home instances using all of your character slots. Because I am NOT doing that.

Dear lord, what have I done? – Matthew Medina, Gw2 Content Designer

About Quartz node...

AlietteFaye.7316

Oh god. I hope they don’t let you to mine all 5 home instances using all of your character slots. Because I am NOT doing that.

5? Pff. Plenty of people have more than 5. ;P

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

About Quartz node...

lordkrall.7241

Actually lordkrall you might want to read the fine print on it before saying that it will cover higher tiers…

Unfortunately it does not say it would cover higher tiers (which is why I didn’t buy one). However, I don’t think at this time they would release/introduce anything that would require a different pick as that would not only exclude Molten Picks purchasers but also anger a nice chunk of people who do participate in purchases from the gem store.

And you might want to read what the item itself says:

Used to mine all metals. Unlimited use.

If it would only work as high as Orichcalcum they would have said “Used to mine Orichalcum and lower” or something like that.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

About Quartz node...

Posted by: Cassius.4831

Cassius.4831

It would be great if quartz were per character instead per account, BUT only avalaible for those characters who has finished his personal story. This would make quartz a not-common material and would encourage people to do his story (nowadays the reward is… unrewarding)

“Guild wars is for everybody, freedom is ascended, zerg is strength”
~ G. Orrwell, great shaman of the new flame legion, 1984 AE.

About Quartz node...

Posted by: neekaneeks.3865

neekaneeks.3865

Just pointing out how it was originally pitched and sold to the community, which is sort of important seeing how Anet has a way of forgetting things in the future.

About Quartz node...

Posted by: Cassius.4831

Cassius.4831

If it would only work as high as Orichcalcum they would have said “Used to mine Orichalcum and lower” or something like that.

But quartz isn’t a metal

“Guild wars is for everybody, freedom is ascended, zerg is strength”
~ G. Orrwell, great shaman of the new flame legion, 1984 AE.

About Quartz node...

Posted by: TheLordQ.1857

TheLordQ.1857

From Facebook:

[Poster] Personal Quartz Node, Do we need to buy new harvesting tools for that? Hope I can use my tools I bought in the gemstore for this.
Like · Reply · 57 minutes ago

Guild Wars 2 Mike, no special tools are needed. In fact, you can mine the personal quartz nodes with any level of mining pick. ~RB2

About Quartz node...

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

I believe (s)he meant 5 as in the 5 home cities.
Divinity’s Reach
The Grove
Black Citadel
Hoelbrak
Rata Sum

x all alternate characters.

I have 5 characters, that’d be 25 nodes / day.

About Quartz node...

AlietteFaye.7316

Divinity’s Reach
The Grove
Black Citadel
Hoelbrak
Rata Sum

I’m sure that when they say your home instance, they mean your character’s actual home instance. As in, you’ll be using the instance of your selected Race.

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

About Quartz node...

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

They said on Facebook that any level tool can harvest them

About Quartz node...

Posted by: RoterFuchs.9216

RoterFuchs.9216

Divinity’s Reach
The Grove
Black Citadel
Hoelbrak
Rata Sum

Imagine you could join your friends homeinstance, and quartz being instanced itself. Unending supply of quartz.

About Quartz node...

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

And you might want to read what the item itself says:

The new patch notes will read:

• Fixed a bug which unintentionally stated the Molten Mining Pick will mine all metals. It now correctly reads “up to Orichalcum”.
  • Added the Crystal Mining Pick to the store. The Crystal Mining Pick has unlimited uses and can mine all metals up to Quartz.

About Quartz node...

lordkrall.7241

The new patch notes will read:

• Fixed a bug which unintentionally stated the Molten Mining Pick will mine all metals. It now correctly reads “up to Orichalcum”.
  • Added the Crystal Mining Pick to the store. The Crystal Mining Pick has unlimited uses and can mine all metals up to Quartz.

Too bad they have already announced that Quartz can be mined with ANY pick then

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

About Quartz node...

Posted by: Elidath.5679

Elidath.5679

Imagine you could join your friends homeinstance, and quartz being instanced itself. Unending supply of quartz.

Doubtful. F&F dungeon had “once-a-day” nodes, that couldn’t be garthered more than once by letting someone else create the instance. So they have the tech to block that.

About Quartz node...

Posted by: Viralseed.9362

Viralseed.9362

I have an idea. Can we get Azurite and Snowflake nodes as well? Seriously, ArenaNet, you cannot release time-limited items that alter the stats of a character. It creates opportunities for veteran players to be potentially better than newer players. While I was around for both events, I did not bother to save up enough materials for either Sentinel’s or Giver’s equipment. Now that I have the time and gold to invest in new armor sets to try new builds, I’ve come to discover that there are equipment types that I cannot obtain. Eventually, the market will dry out and the equipment will be lost forever.

About Quartz node...

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

The quartz node can be mined by any pick. Hope this clears things up for everybody.

About Quartz node...

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

I have an idea. Can we get Azurite and Snowflake nodes as well?

I’ve no doubt we’ll be able to get more snowflakes this Christmas, but I’d like to see an some means of obtaining azurite added to the game.

About Quartz node...

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

I wonder if quartz will introduce a new set of stat boosts, or if it will be only for “fun” content, like making furniture for your home instance/guild hall.

Edit: I’m leaning towards the latter only because it can be mined by any pick, so it’d be odd to be able to craft lvl 80 gear with it. Also, I hope they introduce a new slot in the bank for it.

(edited by Wallace MacBix.2089)

About Quartz node...

Posted by: Hawk.3574

Hawk.3574

I hope they take into account those who will delete and recreate characters to farm this by making it limited somehow, maybe soul bound or needing to be at least lvl 10 to get it.

About Quartz node...

Wallace MacBix.2089

I hope they take into account those who will delete and recreate characters to farm this by making it limited somehow, maybe soul bound or needing to be at least lvl 10 to get it.

Or just 1/day per account. (that also doesn’t force you to have 1 of each race/give an “unfair” advantage to people with 10+ characters).

About Quartz node...

Posted by: Grey Warden.2983

Grey Warden.2983

It would be great if quartz were per character instead per account, BUT only avalaible for those characters who has finished his personal story. This would make quartz a not-common material and would encourage people to do his story (nowadays the reward is… unrewarding)

No it would not be great, good, ok, or anything other than nonsense.

About Quartz node...

Posted by: Grey Warden.2983

Grey Warden.2983

Or just 1/day per account. (that also doesn’t force you to have 1 of each race/give an “unfair” advantage to people with 10+ characters).

Yes, because you have been limited by Anet to less than 6 characters.

About Quartz node...

Posted by: Fellstar.9315

Fellstar.9315

The Blooming Passiflora was numbered per account, you could only harvest 3 nodes per day, no mater how many characters you took to Southsun, I’m sure this will be the same, 1 per account.

About Quartz node...

Posted by: FInN.7219

FInN.7219

The quartz node can be mined by any pick. Hope this clears things up for everybody.

Thank you so much for the confirmation, I spent €30 buying every unlimited use gathering tool and so glad that I wouldn’t need to go back to having to buy tools every time and would show a lack of respect to the costumer base.

About Quartz node...

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Fellstar is likely correct, depending on what the Quartz is used for, how useful the end product is, and how much of it you need. We need to wait and see, imo.

FlnN — I think you’ve seen others spelling it thus and therefore did it as well, or it’s a typo, but I have to stop and think very hard when I see “customer” spelled as “costumer.” The first is someone who buys something. The second is someone who makes and/or wears costumes, like dressing up as something, hence the modern term “cosplay” for “costume playing.” Since in this game costuming is an end-goal, the word almost makes sense when talking about players. Hence my cognitive dissonance.

I’m glad your tools will work, though!

About Quartz node...

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

You are not limited you can purchase more slots for more characters, I know people with 10 toons

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

About Quartz node...

Posted by: Shadow Blade.1324

Shadow Blade.1324

Once you complete the meta achievement for this release, your home instance will have a daily resource node, allowing you to harvest Quartz

does this mean people who either cant play during this limited event or join the game later will be unable to obtain quartz without purchasing it from other players? or will there be other nodes in the world?

i wish the devs had a consistent vision and didn’t push out content they know is flawed

About Quartz node...

Wallace MacBix.2089

Yes, because you have been limited by Anet to less than 6 characters.

My point was that depending how valuable/useful quartz is if it is character specific it gives a bit of an unfair advantage to those who have the money to spend on how ever many character slots is the max.

You are not limited you can purchase more slots for more characters, I know people with 10 toons

I’m pretty sure he’s being sarcastic.

Once you complete the meta achievement for this release, your home instance will have a daily resource node, allowing you to harvest Quartz

does this mean people who either cant play during this limited event or join the game later will be unable to obtain quartz without purchasing it from other players? or will there be other nodes in the world?

This is a really good question. I assume that at the very least during the event there’s no other way besides your personal instance. I don’t think they’ll put it in the world after the event because that would defeat the purpose of going to our home instance, but I hope there is a way for people to get it after the event is over.

About Quartz node...

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

But what about whether its once per account, or per character? Are we going to be able to harvest the node once a day on each of our characters, or only on one?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

About Quartz node...

Posted by: LFk.1408

LFk.1408

But what about whether its once per account, or per character? Are we going to be able to harvest the node once a day on each of our characters, or only on one?

=_=. Can’t we just wait till to comes out to find out the answers to this? Is there an urgent rush to start parking alts in the home instance?

About Quartz node...

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

=_=. Can’t we just wait till to comes out to find out the answers to this? Is there an urgent rush to start parking alts in the home instance?

I don’t even plan on doing something like that, but I want the option to if I need to get a lot fairly quickly.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…