Southsun survival = fail pts system

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: Joriel.1530

Joriel.1530

I was really excited when i tried this minigame because of the whole survival thing, but im getting really disapointed with the score system…. even though im surviving alot and killing everyone im still at the bottom in the score list…..

A player comes up to me and says “kill me”, i felt it was like a trap and ignored, but he kept insisting so i killed him, i did wonder though.

at the end i look at the score and that dude won… i mean like wtf…

Being dead gives you more points???

whats the kitteng logic in this???

i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz | GTX 780 | 8GB GSKILL RAM @ 1866mhz

(edited by Joriel.1530)

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

You simply get more points for being active.
Otherwise you can just stack up on rations and run hiding and get huge amount of points without any actual “work”.

Simple as that.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

How many points you have doesn’t even matter unless you’re only playing for the 2500 achievement. If you’re not the last survivor, someone trying their hardest gets the same reward as the guy who puts on auto run and went AFK the entire match. Only the last survivor gets the 1st place chest even though all the other people getting higher scores.

There are a few things that need to be changed of course, especially if it’s meant to be based on a hunter’s survival game.

Posted by: Joriel.1530

Joriel.1530

How many points you have doesn’t even matter unless you’re only playing for the 2500 achievement. If you’re not the last survivor, someone trying their hardest gets the same reward as the guy who puts on auto run and went AFK the entire match. Only the last survivor gets the 1st place chest even though all the other people getting higher scores.

There are a few things that need to be changed of course, especially if it’s meant to be based on a hunter’s survival game.

oh really? idc about achievments, so it seems the system is not that bad afterall

i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz | GTX 780 | 8GB GSKILL RAM @ 1866mhz

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Generally speaking killing tons of people during the grace period setting traps then dying first after the grace period is up will net you the best point gains. And the only good reason to do that is for the 2,500 achievement.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele