The Mini is WRONG what we GOT

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

of all the things we get a Mini that has a video of the Sanctum Zephyr which is nice.
Don’t get me wrong I like the little thing, but its novelty wears off after 2 uses.

Here IMO is what we should have gotten as the mini….since a lot of the living story talk is about them, why not……A Kite

That’s right a Kite, that fly’s over your head about 5 to 10 feet off the ground, so that as you the player run around it would give the look of you actually flying….well a Kite.

Here want some more cool ideas to push this idea. The kites should be embroidered with your guild’s emblem, so they will all look different.
Kites could have the ability to have a new mini game where kite flying and battles could take place.
If you are standing still with your kite, you can let out more string, so you can let it get to really high up flying places. Along with some /emotes to make it do tricks.

Edit: Thanks Anet for getting these Kites in the game.

(edited by Gummy.4278)

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

A kite mini would be neat. But who knows. Maybe there is a kite mini coming later in this update?

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Wyre.7458

Wyre.7458

I agree, i think that the zephyr sanctum model would better suit someone who hadn’t done all of the achievements and explored the zephyr sanctum already. it belongs at a vendor somewhere for free, so that people who in the future who are new to GW2 can get it and take a look at the place because they had never seen it before.

For the moment i’m not sure if i want to destroy it, or let it rot in my bank forever.

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

Oh I thought you were complaining about the mini quaggans.
My only problem with the Sanctum model is that the quality of the video is too low. I like your ideas for kites, sounds nice.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Lol a Kite is indeed an awesome idea

Posted by: Rey.3261

Rey.3261

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

:O

Hopefully they aren’t one use items.

Posted by: Paul Belz.7351

Paul Belz.7351

:)

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

Sooooooooooooo is that a sarcastic smile because you guys know how much we hate one time use items or a honest smile because you made us a permanent kite? Please say the latter, i really would love a kite to add to the shiny event things i have.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

Posted by: nekodoken.5329

nekodoken.5329

I would like to believe the item description is correct and the lack of “consumable” means it’s like a mini?

Please let it be true!

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

what I dislike about the sanctum model is the fact that it’s dropped on the ground. Some players spam drop the item on the ground in front of the bank NPC’s to troll other players. It’s very annoying.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

It’s not a mini, it’s a Gizmo. Other "gizmo"es are endless tonics. I think you’ll be happy.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

Posted by: RileyTheRad.8542

RileyTheRad.8542

Yeah, the model is cool, but honestly I don’t know if I’ll ever really do anything with it. I watched it once to see how it worked, then put it in my bank. Something like a mini would have been cooler, I think.

Hoopa doopa.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

A kite mini would be cool but holly mackerel you want that kite mini to do a lot of things.

The Burninator

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

bummer, I wanted to go fly a quaggan

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Zephyr Sanctum should be a real mini. Just the ship part. That flies with the player as they run.

(edited by Onshidesigns.1069)

Gummy.4278

A kite mini would be cool but holly mackerel you want that kite mini to do a lot of things.

nah I was just putting alot of thought into the idea and hoping some might have other ideas to share…. but it looks like it is already set in stone at this point….glad I could think of something that was already thought of by the dev’s….except I still want it to be a mini.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Yeah, the model is cool, but honestly I don’t know if I’ll ever really do anything with it. I watched it once to see how it worked, then put it in my bank. Something like a mini would have been cooler, I think.

I would love to see the whole area filled with people and their kites. Sounds like fun.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Maybe a kite cosmetic mount, like the broomstick but you kinda hang underneath the kite?

That would amuse me.

Posted by: Fransson.7910

Fransson.7910

There is no waypoint rezzing in real life,
but there are people who will help you get back up when you are downed
- PalwaJoko

Gummy.4278

Maybe a kite cosmetic mount, like the broomstick but you kinda hang underneath the kite?

That would amuse me.

they have power kites and some people ride like skate, snow, wake boards underneath….or do you meant the more comical getting pulled across the ground like in this video….
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wXoUfNczfg

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I hope that if there are future plans for player-housing, that there is a way for us to place the mini Zephyr Sanctum as an actual miniature in our house. Because I don’t want to carry this portable video with me, or have it cluttering up my bank space. I want to be able to place it somewhere, and then actually see it as a small 3d model.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

Instead consumable ,weapon skins, Karma, I would have preferred hairstyles, beard, Tattoo, makeup, et various options for asura, sylvari, and Charr …

this is depressing the consumable …

>downhearted<

# Asura because I’m worth it!

(edited by Louveepine.7630)

Posted by: Glaurung.1076

Glaurung.1076

I hope that if there are future plans for player-housing, that there is a way for us to place the mini Zephyr Sanctum as an actual miniature in our house. Because I don’t want to carry this portable video with me, or have it cluttering up my bank space. I want to be able to place it somewhere, and then actually see it as a small 3d model.

That would be great! I wish with each living story there would be stuff that changed our Home Instances. Trophies, new merchants, simple decorations and stuff like that.

Posted by: Ceallach.8740

Ceallach.8740

That would be great! I wish with each living story there would be stuff that changed our Home Instances. Trophies, new merchants, simple decorations and stuff like that.

That would indeed be really cool. I don’t really care about another “house” – but if the already existing Home Instance reflected what you did that would neat – like a visible Achievements kind of thing showing your history and what you’d “been around” for. That would be the perfect place to keep the Model (and perhaps scale it up) – it would look cool and if you could invite people over then those who weren’t here could view it, too !

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I dont like the mini sanctum. The video is very low quality and hurts my eyes.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: KorKor.9452

KorKor.9452

I approve of the kite message as I’d like a kite. However I do like the other item as well but there is a larger issue with it. The issue of it just taking up more stinking bank space! Much like all the other items I get and want to keep but the storage system in this game is atrocious for one that claims to be all about customizing your character. Not to mention how they are just now talking about giving us more bank tabs long after gem prices are much much much higher it reeks of letting customers just live with it while you wait to make more cash later when peeps need the space and don’t have the time to grind CoF 1 to death for 600+ gems.

Anyways… this item would have been much nicer as something in the home instance. Either as an item I could place and take off the shelf at any time to show others or just an item that is placed somewhere in all my homes as a decoration to click. This should have also been done with that cut scene book from dragon bash or at the least put into the living story tab to view later. So it doesn’t take up even more BANK SPACE! =/

Posted by: Bau Bau.7389

Bau Bau.7389

this item would have been much nicer as something in the home instance.

I was thinking the same. Like for the quartz node, the Sanctum model might have been an item that will permanently appear in your home instance when unlocked. Same thing for the Dragon Bash book; when achieved, it may be add to your home instance in the shape of a decoration (like a dragon pianata) or something else like a bookshelf (to keep the idea of the book).
Maybe I am going too far with this, but the same thing might have happen with items from the the previous live story events. The Karma drawing we got from F&F (which I have still to use because I like it :P) might have appeared on the walls of the home instance; while completing the South Sun story arc might have unlock a desk with navigation maps or something similar.
It would have been a nice way to start filling up the home instance remembering what you did in game (similar to the HoM in GW1).

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

A data miner found these kites in the above link coded as toys equipable with town clothes.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Well done! Thank you for the fun surprise.

The Burninator

Posted by: RavenHawke.9586

RavenHawke.9586

OMGOMGOMG KIIIIIIIIIIITE!

How does one get the guild kite though? O.o

Posted by: JonG.7206

JonG.7206

I have a kite ^^

Posted by: Diy.5296

Diy.5296

OMGOMGOMG KIIIIIIIIIIITE!

How does one get the guild kite though? O.o

To get the guild kite, there is a kite maker npc in the LA’s bank, you need to have a kite in your inventory and a dialogue option will appear when you interact with him. Engage him in his dialogue and he’ll offer to put the guild emblem on your kite for a fee, this opens up a different vendor window than his normal one, where he sells guild kites for 1 wind, sun, or lightning kite + 15 gold.

(edited by Diy.5296)

Posted by: oloap.9765

oloap.9765

Or why not… a kite surf! cosmetic kite to surf over the water, can’t w8 to sail over the sea! kite surf FTW!

Posted by: Rhymelark.4396

Rhymelark.4396

I’m hoping that one day they will add personal houses where we can put down these props. Would be nice to put the Sanctum Zephyr on display or put the book we got with the aetherblade update in a bookshelf.

My sword is big enough to back my big mouth.
[RPS] & [PRXM] Lippsy
Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

I would kind of like just a standard kite mini. One where I just click to activate it and it floats behind me. Smaller than the gizmo kites.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: arka.8590

arka.8590

I would like a low res video of someone’s mini flying a kite.