WP while falling = teleport, then return

in Bazaar of the Four Winds

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Is this some bizarre new level of rubberbanding? Inventive new way to double the extent to which being flung off a flying boat by broken movement skills is a gold sink?

I’ve never had that happen before, even as far as waypointing while falling goes, and I’ve certainly done that before. On European servers even where I’ve MUCH worse latency thanks to connecting to them via the USA (which is itself about as far from me physically as Europe).

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

if i fall, i waypoint back, and it works. not sure what you’re trying to say, is the waypoint failing to teleport you properly mid-fall?

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Posted by: BlueSoda.6297

BlueSoda.6297

Yeah I’m not real sure what you are saying is the problem LameFox. Could you clarify please?

Charr Lawful-Neutral

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

I think Fox is trying to say that they teleport, then it ports them right back to where they ported anyways and they die.

Can’t say I have had that happen to me, then again I usually either just let myself fall or force the game to close before I hit the ground and I log back in alive where I would have died.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I think Fox is trying to say that they teleport, then it ports them right back to where they ported anyways and they die.

Can’t say I have had that happen to me, then again I usually either just let myself fall or force the game to close before I hit the ground and I log back in alive where I would have died.

Hmm…..I’ll have to try that just to save me some Silver.

I think they should have an achievement for most damage taken from a fall…. (call it OUCH!)

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Hmm…..I’ll have to try that just to save me some Silver.

I think they should have an achievement for most damage taken from a fall…. (call it OUCH!)

Keep in mind if try it in WvW and someone had attacked you and you are in combat before you jump, you’ll still die. This does not however apply to PVE for obvious reasons.

Posted by: BlueSoda.6297

BlueSoda.6297

Okay I think I get it now, we’re not talking about wp’s, we’re talking about the number 3 skill right?

Yeah I don’t think it’s an intentional gold sink, but it does suck. It’s happened to me a few times.

Charr Lawful-Neutral

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Actually I landed in water, but still.

I’d used the lightning skill, got flung well beyond the target area as per usual, and started falling. Was very high up so I waypointed while falling. I teleported to the WP as per usual… then, I returned to where I had been, and fell the rest of the way down into the water.