Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

The results are within the margin of error. The race is ‘officially’ dead even.

/sarcasm on
Nothing seems fishy at all about that. Nope, not a thing.
/sarcasm off

While you are playing Guild Wars 2, ArenaNet is playing you.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

My 500 votes are still going to be cast. Probably on Evon.

Good job! Fight the good fight!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

All my votes for the next two days go to Evon.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Smooth Penguin.5294

Please spread the word. Heroes don’t give up, even when the going gets rough. While Evon is still at 48%, it’s still within striking distance! Vote with all your hearts! Vote Evon Gnashblade!

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

I still have 600 tickets for Kiel, gahhhh the clicking NIGHTMARE

On a side note, you don’t have to spend money for votes. A day or 2 in WvW or Orr could give 100-150++ (if your lucky) tickets per day.

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

(edited by LumAnth.5124)

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Biohazard.4196

Biohazard.4196

/sarcasm on
/sarcasm off

What would be the motivation for rigging the election?

Also what is the margin of error? (I know the concept; I’m asking you for the approximate number.) I think that the margin of error would be very low for a count such as this, where each vote is electronically tallied and (likely) received in a single location. Other counts, such as political elections, are not like this.

The close margin is interesting, but thinking that the election is a conspiracy is still not plausible to me given that I can’t imagine a motivation for rigging it.

Also, Smooth Penguin is speaking for flavor. Please do not take him seriously.
After all, no one that votes for a smelly, evil charr such as Evon can be trusted.
Vote for Kiel. Vote for truth.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

/sarcasm on
/sarcasm off

Also what is the margin of error? (I know the concept; I’m asking you for the approximate number.) I think that the margin of error would be very low for a count such as this, where each vote is electronically tallied and (likely) received in a single location. Other counts, such as political elections, are not like this.

The close margin is interesting, but thinking that the election is a conspiracy is still not plausible to me given that I can’t imagine a motivation for rigging it.

After all, no one that votes for a smelly, evil charr such as Evon can be trusted.

A close campaign may stimulate players to log more game hours than usual in order to support their candidate.

It may also cause active players to rally their friends, who may be taking a break from the game, to log back in to help them sway the election.

Wealthier players may spend more IRL cash on gems so as to exchange the gems for gold in order to buy other players’ votes. Isn’t the going rate something like 10 votes per gold at the moment?

EDIT: To calculate the margin of error, I used this formula and came out to ~3% but many of the factors involved were educated guesses.
http://statistics.about.com/od/Inferential-Statistics/a/How-To-Calculate-The-Margin-Of-Error.htm

(edited by Elbegast.6970)

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Silicato.4603

Silicato.4603

In my opinion 383k votes (the difference between kiel and evon) is very big.

And you have to realise that people who support kiel, we still have a lot of votes for her, so the differences would be the same or bigger

Kiel has won. Good choice people.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Kiel in the lead really? I have no more faith in these people.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lucyfer.9517

Lucyfer.9517

Heroes don’t give up, even when the going gets rough.

“Heroes” don’t support the bad guy either….

I have no more faith in these people.

Why because people don’t vote the way YOU want?

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Arrow.3856

Arrow.3856

I am voting for Evon because I usually like to side with the underdog team. Also Evon is far more interesting then Kiel. However I do not mind who wins. Both have awesome rewards. Kiel will give us a fractal that explains alot of things and make waypoints “Cheaper”. While Evon will ‘show’ us a fractal with awesome gods and give us “cheaper” keys. I just hope the new fractals are not long. Can you imagine getting 3 fractals as lengthy as dredge?

“I may not be a horse whisperer, but I certainly
can and do speak to unicorns.” (Arrow The
Unicorn)

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Biohazard.4196

/sarcasm on
/sarcasm off

A close campaign may stimulate players to log more game hours than usual in order to support their candidate.

It may also cause active players to rally their friends, who may be taking a break from the game, to log back in to help them sway the election.

Wealthier players may spend more IRL cash on gems so as to exchange the gems for gold in order to buy other players’ votes. Isn’t the going rate something like 10 votes per gold at the moment?

EDIT: To calculate the margin of error, I used this formula and came out to ~3% but many of the factors involved were educated guesses.
http://statistics.about.com/od/Inferential-Statistics/a/How-To-Calculate-The-Margin-Of-Error.htm

Those are reasons for posting false vote numbers. I fail to see how those are reasons for rigging the election.

Also, how did you get 3% using that formula? With a 95% confidence interval, the sample size needed to get 3% is roughly 830 to 1500. Aren’t we dealing with a sample size considerably larger than that?

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

After seeing that both are apparently at the very same percents as before, the idea that this election is fake is really seeming plausible now.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Jns.1059

Jns.1059

Votes so far:

Kiel – 4,979,252 (52%)

Evon – 4,596,232 (48%)

Attachments:

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Biohazard.4196

After seeing that both are apparently at the very same percents as before, the idea that this election is fake is really seeming plausible now.

Why?
The larger the vote totals are, the more “difficult” it is to change the percentages.

Personally, if I were faking this thing, I think I would change the numbers in an attempt to make it look more real.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Heroes don’t give up, even when the going gets rough.

“Heroes” don’t support the bad guy either….

I have no more faith in these people.

Why because people don’t vote the way YOU want?

Pretty much yeah. Problem?

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Grimwolf.7163

Why?
The larger the vote totals are, the more “difficult” it is to change the percentages.

Personally, if I were faking this thing, I think I would change the numbers in an attempt to make it look more real.

Because it’s not one vote per person, and initially the results should have been severely skewed by people running both candidates for the achievements.
People switching off to support a single candidate after getting their achievements, and people putting in progressively more votes for a single candidate would make it spectacularly unlikely that they would remain even at all, let alone remain the same percent split they were the week before.
Those numbers are just way, way too unlikely to be real.
Having the listed numbers be practically even while still supporting Kiel also just happens to align perfectly with their interests; they’ve spent a lot of time building up Kiel and clearly have a vested interest in her, whereas Evon has appeared completely out of nowhere for the sole purpose of this election. And having them remain relatively even means that people will not see it as a lost cause and continue to spend loads of both Gems and Gold on more votes in an effort to shift the results, as well as having good reason to continue playing the content without feeling terribly bored of it.
They probably didn’t even put in the tech to track votes, because it would have taken a lot of time and effort.
That would mean the whole “election” was created only to drum up some hype over the game while scamming Gems out of people and reducing some of the excess Gold in the market. That might seem too shady to be likely itself, but keep in mind how Black Lion Chests work. They clearly aren’t above shady choices when real money is involved.

(edited by Grimwolf.7163)

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Why?

Because it’s not one vote per person, and initially the results should have been severely skewed by people running both candidates for the achievements.
People switching off to support a single candidate after getting their achievements, and people putting in progressively more votes for a single candidate would make it spectacularly unlikely that they would remain even at all, let alone remain the same percent split they were the week before.
Having the listed numbers be practically even while still supporting Kiel also just happens to align perfectly with their interests; they’ve spent a lot of time building up Kiel and clearly have a vested interest in her, whereas Evon has appeared completely out of nowhere for the sole purpose of this election. And having them remain relatively even means that people will not see it as a lost cause and continue to spend loads of both Gems and Gold on more votes in an effort to shift the results, as well as having good reason to continue playing the content without feeling terribly bored of it.
They probably didn’t even put in the tech to track votes, because it would have taken a lot of time and effort.

I don’t think the people supporting both for achievement will matter at all. I’ve almost everything I need from Evon and I’ve only dropped 2 votes for him, compared to ~400 for Kiel.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

If Kiel wins I blame it on chinese goldsellers.
I don’t trust her or her corrupt Waypoint Act. :s

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Biohazard.4196

How many votes did it take you to complete your achievements? For me, I think it took two or three. Three votes is negligible compared to the hundreds cast “for real” after achievements have been earned.

And if a similar number of people progressively vote more for each candidate, the numbers may remain similar.

Having the listed numbers be practically even while still supporting Kiel also just happens to align perfectly with their interests; they’ve spent a lot of time building up Kiel and clearly have a vested interest in her, whereas Evon has appeared completely out of nowhere for the sole purpose of this election.

I don’t understand how Kiel being an established character means that there’s a vested interest in having her win. Is it not plausible that nothing is specifically planned for her?

I’m not saying that her establishment isn’t important, however. I imagine it’s an advantage for her, but that doesn’t mean that Anet has a vested interest in her.

And having them remain relatively even means that people will not see it as a lost cause and continue to spend loads of both Gems and Gold on more votes in an effort to shift the results, as well as having good reason to continue playing the content without feeling terribly bored of it. They probably didn’t even put in the tech to track votes, because it would have taken a lot of time and effort.

Maybe. The numbers are remarkably close, like you said.

However, these are reasons for which the vote numbers would be faked, not the election itself. I don’t see a correlation at all.

That would mean the whole “election” was created only to drum up some hype over the game while scamming Gems out of people and reducing some of the excess Gold in the market. That might seem too shady to be likely itself, but keep in mind how Black Lion Chests work. They clearly aren’t above shady choices when real money is involved.

It’s interesting that you bring up Black Lion Chests. Cheaper keys are a promise from Evon, correct? If Anet has a vested interest in “scamming Gems out of people,” why wouldn’t they rig the election for him?

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Grimwolf.7163

It’s interesting that you bring up Black Lion Chests. Cheaper keys are a promise from Evon, correct? If Anet has a vested interest in “scamming Gems out of people,” why wouldn’t they rig the election for him?

You have the impression that lower key prices would mean more money for them, but that would seem like the complete opposite to me. Lower prices would obviously mean less gained when people buy them, and it would also make it much easier for people to buy them entirely with Gold.
Whether or not people would actually buy more of them than they otherwise would because of the sale, and if they would buy enough more to counteract the sale and make them even more money is very debatable. Considering the terrible stigma BLCs have, it seems unlikely.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

why do I have a feeling 80% of the ppl voting for kiel only votes for her for the cheaper waypoints?

As if 80% of those voting for Evon are not voting for him only for the Abaddon thing?

Abaddon = permanent.

Waypoints = 4 weeks..

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Kithros.7634

Kithros.7634

/sarcasm on
/sarcasm off

Those are reasons for posting false vote numbers. I fail to see how those are reasons for rigging the election.

Also, how did you get 3% using that formula? With a 95% confidence interval, the sample size needed to get 3% is roughly 830 to 1500. Aren’t we dealing with a sample size considerably larger than that?

Also, the margin of error calculation there assumes that it is a sample size that is negligible in size compared to the entire population – the vote tallies don’t even count as a ‘sample’ because it contains all the votes – there is 0 margin of error (at the time it was posted at least).

As far as rigging the election and such goes, it really seems pointless to me to try to rig the election. I don’t think they really care which of the 2 candidates win – if they had predecided on which fractal they were making for instance, they could’ve simply not had the fractals as part of the vote and replace it with something else, and then make the fractal they wanted anyway without rigging the election. They don’t need to jump through all these silly hoops to have a rigged election. Not to mention the huge risk of someone leaking that it was a rigged election, resulting in a very high risk for virtually no reward situation.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Biohazard.4196

You have the impression that lower key prices would mean more money for them, but that would seem like the complete opposite to me. Lower prices would obviously mean less gained when people buy them, and it would also make it much easier for people to buy them entirely with Gold.
Whether or not people would actually buy more of them than they otherwise would because of the sale, and if they would buy enough more to counteract the sale and make them even more money is very debatable. Considering the terrible stigma BLCs have, it seems unlikely.

Discounting is a common advertising tool. I’d imagine that if it didn’t often bring in more business, companies would have stopped using discount ads long ago.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

@StinVec So after reading what you said, I realized this all may just be an intricate anet ploy to discover the weakest faults in their game while avoiding heat from players as they argue amongst themselves.

I’m pretty sure this is anets way to ask their players what type of content they want. Completely new lore, or to better expand on old lore.

Although I was just joking earlier, the problem with that is that most players don’t vote on that. First of all, the biggest deciding factor is simply which character they like more. Second of all you have multiple variables, waypoints vs keys, new vs old in addition to Kiel vs Gnash. The votes don’t actually tell that much. So while what you said is certainly true, they’re only really finding out through the forums, and even then the opinions are often (somewhat to very strongly) skewed because of players want to support their candidate.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

“52% / 48%…well within the margin of error for polling which essentially renders the results as 50% / 50%.

No in-game method (or any method for that matter) for viewing real-time vote counts.

Do you honestly believe the vote count is so close because of an even split in the player base? Or is it more likely that ArenaNet has produced those numbers out of thin air in order to spawn political debate on the forums and to cause players to log more game time to rally around their candidate?"

The vote count that Anet’s posting is NOT a poll. It’s the actual results, and thus is NOT subject to a margin of error.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

I don’t give a kitten about what happened over a thousand years ago in the game!

We are not playing characters that have anything do with that incident. It’s all past lore unrelated to current events.

The reactor explosion is in the past too but it’s effects are still active and can be seen in the game.

These are not normal fractals! Anet made them the center of the Living Story line. So both must be likely to have some effect on the Mists or open world outside the fractal.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: seanpenn.7364

seanpenn.7364

While all my votes except a few(for achievements) have gone to Evon, this discussion is practically over.

With 400k vote lead, it is now impossible for Evon to win, this is a terrible decision by the community but there is no point crying over this any more.
In future, I suggest that we do not get a vote system since this event was an epic failure of mass proportions, to say the very least.
Also its quite transparent that this community certainly cannot make smart decisions.

The majority voted for a redundant reactor explosion which is only available in 20+ places in the game, whereas an epic fight with the god was sent straight to the trash can.
The players who voted for the explosion should get just that since you do not deserve any better.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Smooth Penguin.5294

The sad part about all this is that a majority of Kiel voters don’t understand what they’re doing. It seems that only 48% of the votes come from rational people who fully understand what his election is about.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Gandarel.5091

I don’t give a kitten about what happened over a thousand years ago in the game!

We are not playing characters that have anything do with that incident. It’s all past lore unrelated to current events.

The reactor explosion is in the past too but it’s effects are still active and can be seen in the game.

These are not normal fractals! Anet made them the center of the Living Story line. So both must be likely to have some effect on the Mists or open world outside the fractal.

You are playing on a world that would be entirely different if the fall of abaddon never happens.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Smooth Penguin.5294

A Thaumanova Fractal would just be another fight with a Fire Elemental. We already get that every hour, every single day. But we don’t see Abaddon ever in this game. So his Fractal would be new and original.

Vote Evon, for originality!

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Onshidesigns.1069

A Thaumanova Fractal would just be another fight with a Fire Elemental. We already get that every hour, every single day. But we don’t see Abaddon ever in this game. So his Fractal would be new and original.

The Shadow Behemoth uses chaos energy. There is a chaos rift in the Thaumanova reactor. We could be fighting anything.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Smooth Penguin.5294

The Shadow Behemoth uses chaos energy. There is a chaos rift in the Thaumanova reactor. We could be fighting anything.

So it could be a rehash of SB or the Fire Ele fights? No thank you. Abaddon Fractal is the way to go!

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Onshidesigns.1069

So it could be a rehash of SB or the Fire Ele fights? No thank you. Abaddon Fractal is the way to go!

Shadow Behemoth is cool. It just dies to quick and needs some new mechanics. Less people will farm it with the new champion loot, if it gets them into other zones.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Lucky.9421

That’s possible but then we are probably looking at Aatxes and Shadow Fiends. Still not new enemies.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Smooth Penguin.5294

That’s possible but then we are probably looking at Aatxes and Shadow Fiends. Still not new enemies.

Maybe it’ll be a Shadow Behemoth on fire? Still, no matter how you look at it, a Kiel win is a loss for us players game wide.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Lucky.9421

Shadow Behemoth with like 5 people is actually one of the funnest bosses in the game.

Too bad that’s never happening again. Ever.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Vote for Kiel, Evon is a crook.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Emmet.2943

Emmet.2943

We don’t know how either fights would go. The reactor was a huge source of magic so it could be that the jungle dragon went directly after it on his way into maguuma as dragons eat magic. Making the fractal more about dealing with a dragon and his minions than an actual explosion.

Wish we got some kinda of small preview like art of what abaddon’s and the reactor’s overall look would be so players could have better discussions about this because in reality we don’t know how either fractal will turn out gameplay/lore wise.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Lucky.9421

There is no jungle dragon. Do you mean Tequatl?

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

There are a lot of hints about a 6th, still asleep elder dragon named Mordremoth. He is also referred to as the jungle dragon.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Gandarel.5091

Colin Johansson said in an interview that the Jungle dragon is his favourite one ;D

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Colin Johansson said in an interview that the Jungle dragon is his favourite one ;D

It’s the pale tree :p

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Lucky.9421

There are a lot of hints about a 6th, still asleep elder dragon named Mordremoth. He is also referred to as the jungle dragon.

Ah yes, I remember that from Crucible now.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Jungle_dragon

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Can we stop saying its fixed? Whoever loses will say it was always fixed for whatever reason for the other side and if they really are fixing it which we will never know we can’t do anything about it

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: AlecFair.1270

AlecFair.1270

I just find it funny and odd that on July 26th with Anet released the update on polls it read as:
“Early exit polls show that currently Ellen Kiel leads with 52%, while Evon Gnashblade has 48% of the support out of 2,402,278 tokens cast. "

Then after August 2nd the polls read on he facebook forum as:

“Exit polls show that Ellen Kiel is still in the lead with 52%, while Evon Gnashblade has 48% of the support out of 9,575,484 tokens cast.”

Idc who wins. Just funny to watch the fireworks of the debates. XP

Tarnished Coast – Got mah Toast on. :V
Tizzle Mindwrack – Crazy Asura Lore Keeper of [AARM]

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m more in awe of the fact that players cast 7 million votes in the space of only a week.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

This will not end well.
I don’t know how this political storyline was even green-lighted to be implemented, let alone who decided on the ‘campaign promises’ that were the worst they could have possibly selected as well as assigned to which candidate. This single event has highlighted several of the most heated subjects amongst passionate players as the prime aspects of this release…and not in a good way.

• It has turned a massive spotlight onto the argument against the persistent implementation of RNG boxes. One argument is that a vote for Evon is a vote for continued and increased RNG box implementation, as it is seen as an opportunity for players to voice their acceptance and approval for its continued use with the Black Lion Key discount.
  • They’ve pitted a human against a charr, and worse, a human female against a charr male. This has put the passionate role-players into a frenzy. Apart from the dynamics of politics in lore for humans and charr generally not meshing well, they’ve now given a prime opening for speciesism to introduce itself. Due to Ashford’s assassination, the Captain’s Council now consists of 3 humans, 2 asura, 1 norn, and 1 charr (no Sylvari at all?). Some players feel that this election is a good opportunity to take a step toward further balancing the representations of the species of Tyria on the Council by filling Ashford’s position with a charr instead of yet another human. A vote for Kiel is seen as a vote against charr and of increasing human domination of the Council. It is also an opening for the all too real gender discrimination issue, especially in relation to a role of power, to rear its ugly face in the game world.
  • Hot on the tail (no charr pun intended) of those elements is the overwhelming hatred for Trahearne and the aspect of NPC story characters taking all of the credit for our actions. Just as he is seen by the majority of players as doing nothing but stealing the glory that was meant for us, the players, that view has now been tacked directly onto Kiel. The painting of Kiel as being Trahearne 2.0 (or Kormir 3.0 to some), that despite her actions (or lack of actions) during these events, as well as after, her receiving all of the credit and glory just as Trahearne did during our Personal Story has placed her in a very poor light in many players’ minds. This brings to the forefront a lot of the sour feelings players have regarding the Personal Story and of feeling cheated. So, one argument is that a vote for Kiel is the approval from players of ArenaNet continuing to have characters that reap all of the credit and glory from our actions.
  • It has pitted the telling of the “New” (Thaumanova Reactor) against the telling of the “Old” (Fall of Abaddon). They’ve essentially made it a debate of GW1 Lore Vs. GW2 Lore and which is more important, especially since there seems to be many players with strong emotions tied to GW1 who believe GW2 has changed and strayed too far from GW1. So they have also made it a fight between those who enjoy GW2 for what it is and will become, and those who wish GW2 was just GW1 with better graphics. Thus making it into a vote for Evon as being a vote for “Established Lore/GW1”, and a vote for Kiel as being a vote for “New Ideas/GW2”.

Pro-RNG VS Anti-RNG
Charr VS Human
Male VS Female
Evon VS Kiel/Trahearne 2.0
Abaddon VS Reactor
GW1 VS GW2

All of this will end very, very badly for many players and for ArenaNet. Many players have such strong feelings toward some of these issues that there may be a portion of the playerbase that are so dissatisfied with the outcome of this election, regardless of who wins, that they actually quit playing due to how it might sour the game and it won’t be fun for them anymore.

Even still, there are the “Temporary Content VS Permanent Content” aspects of this event and many others I’ve not touched onto here, as well as the “Bugs Fixed VS Bugs Created” aspect of more frequent Living Story updates.

I just cannot believe that someone at ArenaNet thought any of this would be a good idea for events, let alone all of them at the same time in the same event. This reeks of being a horrible idea in all possible ways. Unless you want to risk losing your job, your customers, your friends, or a few teeth, it is just accepted that you do not involve two subjects for discussion: Religion and Politics.

Not to put down the seriousness of all the aspects I’ve mention, as they are all of a pretty serious nature for the future of the game, but anyone want some popcorn?

Most sensible post I’ve seen on this. Too bad so many people just RP and vote for the “nice pretty lady” over the “mean, greedy charr bad guy”…..

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: sonicwylde.2906

sonicwylde.2906

Yes there is, the 6th elder dragon, also most likely the creator of all the plant worms all over the jungles. This dragon has very little know about it at the moment, other than name and some of its magical influences.

Exit Polls (updated 8/2)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Scarletdawn.2750

Scarletdawn.2750

why do I have a feeling 80% of the ppl voting for kiel only votes for her for the cheaper waypoints?

how do you know this?
post link plz