If assume it's only one FOTM instance

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Tken.1986

Tken.1986

Ok, so my assumption right now is that we are giving a choice between one FOTM or another?
Put the story or lore aside, don’t you think it’s a little ridiculous?
From the campaign info given, it’s possible they could make both.
Anyway, if I imagine when they add the new instance to FOTM and nothing else being changed at all everything being the same (yay, I got Underground Facility), I wonder how many are going to rage.
Finally, I hate FOTM.
I hope someone Official could proof my assumption wrong.

Vote for Kiel, get that waypoint cost.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Well technically if the living story developers (the 4 different teams) are talking to each other we could see the ramifications as quickly as 2-3 months from now. If they completely independent of each other (and don’t want to talk to each other) maybe 4 months from now we can see something.

Technically our votes can matter from a political sense, not just the “immediate” reward of a new fractal and the temporary reward of 1 month price reduction. Sure I want to fight Abbadon, but the more moral option seems to be Kiel. Whatever policy that the new representative makes can affect future LS (I can see Ebon screwing over the Zypherites in the trade agreement, thus causing them to distrust us more in the future, for example).

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

They might add the chosen fractal + reworked versions of the two Living Story dungeons in the same update. They may even start rotating which fractals are available each week once they start building up a library of them. The promise is by the end of the year (the anniversary of FotM) so I wouldn’t be surprised if they were planning a combined package as a giant fractal update then.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Vahkris.6847

Vahkris.6847

On the twitch stream they stated that Aetherblade Retreat and Molten Facility are both coming in at the same time as our choice, so at least three more fractals being added.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

We have not started building either Fractal yet. We’ll be starting pretty much as soon as the vote is decided, with all three fractals (Aetherblade, Molten, and Reactor/Abbadon) releasing later this year.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Renegade.6325

Renegade.6325

You should make Abbadon either way.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: shockwave.1764

shockwave.1764

We have not started building either Fractal yet. We’ll be starting pretty much as soon as the vote is decided, with all three fractals (Aetherblade, Molten, and Reactor/Abbadon) releasing later this year.

If abaddon wins is there ANY chance players will get to see Thaumanova Reactor as a fractal (or even just find out what the kitten happened (new events in that area, living story arc etc.) or vice versa?

Both of these options are way to good, and If Abbadon wins I’ll be sad if I never find out about TR, and if TR wins it would suck if we never see the fall of Abbadon. These options are too good, darnit!

Shóckwávé 80 Elementalist, Shawk 80 Guardian,
Aolbjorn 80 Engineer | Rank 29
Staunch Evon Supporter

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

I understand making only one due to time-constraints. But both are very interesting ideas. Unfortunately, one is far more interesting than the other so I’ve a feeling we won’t get to see what happened to Thaumnova.

I’d love it if there were some word to find out if the one not voted for might eventually show up as well.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

^Okay thanks…. but you’re not giving us all the info we need to know about Rewards.

Rewards matter here because the Aether dungeon only gave us metal with a fraction of a chance to salvage into Charged “Stones”. Meanwhile you look at the prices of say… Azurites & especially Gossamar Senintel’s …. I mean… what are we supposed to base it on here? We still haven’t gotten that Blog from Colin yet on what the full scope of “Reward Changes” entail. And the main reason we repeat content like this we’ve already done, is for the Components we have the quickest Route towards getting.

Everyone is COF1’ing right now because every other “Farm” in the game that the average person is even capable of… gives less rewards than the Daily login for Laurel/Pristine errand. It’s not fair to expect us to make a decision here yet when the experienced among us know they won’t be INFORMED decisions. ….AND whichever dungeon might seem the most “fun” right now, will not matter one bit 2 months from now

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

will molten and aetherblade be the same as in the story ? Either way thank you

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

I understand making only one due to time-constraints.

Actually they’re only making one because players keep saying that we want our own decisions to actually impact the game rather than giving us the illusion of impacting the game.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Cutthroat Politics

SynfulChaot.3169

Actually they’re only making one because players keep saying that we want our own decisions to actually impact the game rather than giving us the illusion of impacting the game.

Well then they’ve failed in implementation as by attaching certain rewards that are almost assuring a landslide in a certain direction they are practically guaranteeing the outcome. That is the very definition of illusion of choice.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Tinni.4351

Tinni.4351

Well then they’ve failed in implementation as by attaching certain rewards that are almost assuring a landslide in a certain direction they are practically guaranteeing the outcome. That is the very definition of illusion of choice.

That’s not really fair. Lots of people do not do fractals, have never set foot inside a fractal because the cost of getting into fractals is too high. Fractal 1-10 is actually harder to do in PuGs then higher level fractals. Besides which, a lot of people have no interest in even normal dungeons, forget about Fractals! Only the Fractal runners will be voting according to their Fractal preferences. The normal world PvEers are more likely to vote for WP cost reduction because that’s what matters to them but if you are doing a fair amount of PvE, you are unlikely to be really thinking about WP costs because let’s face it, most of the time you can make-up the WP costs by killing the first random mob you see. But some people will vote for reduced BL key costs because they do buy keys. There is also the Human vs Charr thing. So I don’t really see any of the rewards being the “decider”.

So what it really comes down it is which group is more dedicated/active during the next expansion period. I.e people can talk Kiel or Evon but are they actually going to work for their candidate? Whoever has the most motivated supporters is the one who is going to win. It’s as simple as that.

My brain is shagging under the weight of changes… having six characters was not a good idea!

(edited by Tinni.4351)

in Cutthroat Politics

SynfulChaot.3169

That’s not really fair. Lots of people do not do fractals, have never set foot inside a fractal because the cost of getting into fractals is too high. Fractal 1-10 is actually harder to do in PuGs then higher level fractals. Besides which, a lot of people have no interest in even normal dungeons, forget about Fractals! Only the Fractal runners will be voting according to their Fractal preferences. The normal world PvEers are more likely to vote for WP cost reduction because that’s what matters to them.

So what it really comes down it is which group is more dedicated/active during the next expansion period. I.e people can talk Kiel or Evon but are they actually going to work for their candidate? Whoever has the most motivated supporters is the one who is going to win. It’s as simple as that.

I am more interested by the cost reduction as well. But the cost reduction is temporary. The new fractal is permanent. Permanent content draws more attention than temporary. Thus that will draw more votes than the temporary discounts.

I can pretty much guarantee Evon will win, despite the fact I would prefer Kiel in charge. All because of not the charas themselves, but what they are selling. Not promising. Selling.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Mclol.1436

Mclol.1436

I am more interested by the cost reduction as well. But the cost reduction is temporary. The new fractal is permanent. Permanent content draws more attention than temporary. Thus that will draw more votes than the temporary discounts.

I can pretty much guarantee Evon will win, despite the fact I would prefer Kiel in charge. All because of not the charas themselves, but what they are selling. Not promising. Selling.

I think you’re overestimating the fractal factor, I’d guess most people aren’t really interested in the lore of GW2.

Also, don’t forget that things can change quite drastically during the course of the election. I can already see both candidates upping their game and promising more (and maybe bigger?) features. Maybe even scandals or something similar will crop up. I’m pretty sure it’s in ArenaNet’s best interest to keep the votes as tight as possible so they’ll try to manipulate the vote a bit.

At least, that’s what I would do, also makes it more exciting for the players.

in Cutthroat Politics

SynfulChaot.3169

I think you’re overestimating the fractal factor, I’d guess most people aren’t really interested in the lore of GW2.

Also, don’t forget that things can change quite drastically during the course of the election. I can already see both candidates upping their game and promising more (and maybe bigger?) features. Maybe even scandals or something similar will crop up. I’m pretty sure it’s in ArenaNet’s best interest to keep the votes as tight as possible so they’ll try to manipulate the vote a bit.

At least, that’s what I would do, also makes it more exciting for the players.

I’m really hoping some upsets come. They will be needed. Otherwise it will be a landslide victory for Evon.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I’m curious about the OP too, having the same dungeons again and again with a small chance to see the new one(s) isn’t fun. (we already know MF and AR, so Abaddon/Thauma would be the only new amongst 12 —> chance of 1/12 of appearance)

Suggestion:

Personally I’d like to have a new option: let people vote on their favourite fractal, and the 3rd in a row would be that fractal guaranteed. There’s a chance to get the top1 voted fractal in the first or second run also, but at least it appears in run 3. This way groups could make sure that they see Abaddon/Thaumanova in a full fractals run. Lore explanation: chaotic Asura technology

(the other fractals are still random, because we don’t want another CoF-szenario where groups run only the most effective (the easiest) dungeon continously.)

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

If the fractals are anything like the current ones, I think any story potential would be ignored. Fractals are great for gameplay, but they are terrible at telling stories. I doubt people will be very satisfied with a Reactor fractal given how light the story telling is. At least the Abaddon one will be in Orr before it sank, showing a battle between gods and showing Orr in all its former glory. We can already see the reactor any time we want.

I think I read something on reddit about how they might work more story into dungeons and fractals, so maybe they will have more a story delivery focus in future fractals.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Serephen.3420

Serephen.3420

It would be in the crystal desert around the desolation which was a sea before hand. Not in Orr as far as I’m aware.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

There are a lot of people here missing the point. Everyone talks about how they want our decisions as players to matter and then they give us a choice and now everyone wants to have their cake and eat it too. We get one or the other. It’s simple. It’s awesome. I wish more MMO’s would have players make these kind of decisions more often.

#ElectEvon

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

In all honesty, Anet would be fools to not use both of these ideas. No matter which NPC wins, the other fractal should eventually be made as well. This election should just decide which gets made sooner.

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

in Cutthroat Politics

SynfulChaot.3169

In all honesty, Anet would be fools to not use both of these ideas. No matter which NPC wins, the other fractal should eventually be made as well. This election should just decide which gets made sooner.

I concur.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Inb4 1 day 1 week of gem store excess pricing because Evon doesn’t have enough votes.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Can’t we assume that the “losing” Fractal will still end up in the game, just delayed by a few months since the dev teams will be focusing on the “winner” instead?

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Webba.3071

Webba.3071

Can’t we assume that the “losing” Fractal will still end up in the game, just delayed by a few months since the dev teams will be focusing on the “winner” instead?

No, we cant. No dev has stated or indicated that this will be the case.

in Cutthroat Politics

SynfulChaot.3169

We can’t assume. We can, however, hope that they won’t tease us with two and only ever deliver one.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Webba.3071

Webba.3071

We can’t assume. We can, however, hope that they won’t tease us with two and only ever deliver one.

Oh, totally agree. Thats why Ive been carefully watching what the devs are saying for the last few days. No indication yet though, and even if there was they could always change their minds down the track too.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

It would be in the crystal desert around the desolation which was a sea before hand. Not in Orr as far as I’m aware.

There’s a lot of Debate about this… yes the Staff of Mists is located there as were several Margonite Shrines. But in the ruins of Orr here we also see Abbadon’s main Shrine, underwater. Yes he was bound under the Desolation if the Vortex is any indicator. But the battles could have ranged from there all the way up to Tarnished Coast for all we know. <— B/c there’s also evidence that Mursaat were eventually involved? Remember… when Abbadon was banished, so too were the Bloodstones (Directly into the Volcano Island). So yeah there’s possibilities here for BIG Cinematics in several locations.

in Cutthroat Politics

Tinni.4351

You should stop hoping that. It’s not a true choice unless you give something up. I mean, that’s probably why they are saying they will build from scratch the new fractal based on the choice. Go with Abaddon, kiss goodbye reactor and I am okay with that. Because then more permanent choice and better IMO.

My brain is shagging under the weight of changes… having six characters was not a good idea!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lord Krilik.3692

Lord Krilik.3692

It’s strange that this thread is full of people all saying “The vote is obviously going to be for Evon, boohoo” (paraphrased a little there). When you consider that all the threads related to the vote have more comments saying “I’m not voting Evon, I hate his stupid RNG sales” and this one has nothing in the title that would have drawn more players from one particular camp yet there are more who clearly want Ellen to win (Lots of comments complaining that the vote is clearly going to fall in Evon’s direction) I fail to see why those players are complaining? I don’t think I’ve seen any threads yet that are favoring Evon. Is this just normal anxiety over their vote not winning?

in Cutthroat Politics

SynfulChaot.3169

You should stop hoping that. It’s not a true choice unless you give something up. I mean, that’s probably why they are saying they will build from scratch the new fractal based on the choice. Go with Abaddon, kiss goodbye reactor and I am okay with that. Because then more permanent choice and better IMO.

Nope. Won’t stop hoping. :P

Remember. This isn’t an individual choice. It is up to the masses. You just gotta hope the masses agree with you to get the option you would prefer.

Both are very tempting options. Saying ‘you will never know what the other option would have been’ is quite cruel to lore-fiends.

I personally prefer Kiel on the council, but I would prefer to see the fall of Abbadon. So no matter what I choose, I cannot win.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lord Krilik.3692

Lord Krilik.3692

Remember. This isn’t an individual choice. It is up to the masses. You just gotta hope the masses agree with you to get the option you would prefer.

Both are very tempting options. Saying ‘you will never know what the other option would have been’ is quite cruel to lore-fiends.

I personally prefer Kiel on the council, but I would prefer to see the fall of Abbadon. So no matter what I choose, I cannot win.

Aww… Take a more optimistic approach and say that no matter what you choose, you DO win. You either get Kiel and the story develops with her in power, or you get the fractal you want!

in Cutthroat Politics

SynfulChaot.3169

Aww… Take a more optimistic approach and say that no matter what you choose, you DO win. You either get Kiel and the story develops with her in power, or you get the fractal you want!

Eh. I just don’t want Evon in power. And I really don’t want to miss either story. Lore-wise both are intriguing.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

There’s a lot of Debate about this… yes the Staff of Mists is located there as were several Margonite Shrines. But in the ruins of Orr here we also see Abbadon’s main Shrine, underwater. Yes he was bound under the Desolation if the Vortex is any indicator. But the battles could have ranged from there all the way up to Tarnished Coast for all we know. <— B/c there’s also evidence that Mursaat were eventually involved? Remember… when Abbadon was banished, so too were the Bloodstones (Directly into the Volcano Island). So yeah there’s possibilities here for BIG Cinematics in several locations.

Not entirely correct sorry. We know that Abaddon’s eventual fall at the hands of the Gods cast him into the Crystal Sea and caused it to become a desert, so we know exactly where the fight took place. Abaddons shrine is in Orr because that is where all of the gods lived. The Mursaat aren’t involved until later in the story and we witnessed most of that in GW1 – they sacrificed humans on the bloodstones in order to keep the Door of Komalie shut and prevent the Titans in the Foundry of Failed Creations (within Abaddons Realm of Torment) from coming through. The Mursaat themselves aren’t directly tied to the bloodstones however, the Seers are the ones who created the Bloodstone while the Gods cast it into the Ring of Fire Island Chain subsequently scattering it all over Tyria.

in Cutthroat Politics

Tinni.4351

But right there is why this is a great living story episode. It is cruel to lore-fiends, thus making it an actual choice. A choice that actually “costs” something meaningful. Also the fact that you are in a no win situation is also a good thing because that’s the reality of choice. Our choices aren’t perfect. Often its the lesser of two evils or most appealing of two situations etc, etc.

Still, I have nothing against hoping until the hope turns into unreasonable demand and the Q.Q starts. So I guess what I should say is that hope all you want but remember Anet has only promised that the Fractal promised by the winning candidate will be implemented. I.e. don’t rage at Anet just because your hopes of both Fractals being implemented eventually never comes to fruition because that was just your hope, nothing more.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I say base your votes on the fractal choice. The waypoint fees and key costs are only going to be lowered for 4 weeks (iirc). A fully fledged fractal is a way bigger deal in my opinion than a temporary cost reduction.

Does anybody know what kind of reduction that’s even going to be? The difference between 70% cheaper vs 20% cheaper WP fees is pretty substantial, and we just don’t know what we’d be getting. Same with key costs.

Tho I will say that if Kiel wins I’d be interested to see what kind of data Anet collects regarding people WPing. Potential for cheaper WPs to increase player movement around Tyria and lessen the burden to pop into Orr for a couple DEs and then back to Kryta for instance. Might be insightful data.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Cutthroat Politics

Wallace MacBix.2089

I say base your votes on the fractal choice. The waypoint fees and key costs are only going to be lowered for 4 weeks (iirc). A fully fledged fractal is a way bigger deal in my opinion than a temporary cost reduction.

I’d argue that is the wrong approach. Don’t get me wrong, I love fractals and would love to fight Abbadon, especially if we were the five or avatars of the five. But, I’d rather base my vote not on the “immediate” rewards (including the new fractal here) and instead vote on what I think would affect the game better going into the future.

While no dev has stated this to my knowledge, I’m pretty sure our choice will have more of an effect on what fractal gets added. It could easily change the LS anywhere between 2-4 months from now (depending how much the 4 teams are talking with each other). I’d rather fight Abbadon, and both discounts are pretty unimportant (at least the wp would save me ~10-20s?…yay a single rare on the tp), but I think Kiel would help set us up as the heroes more in the future than Evon. Especially if the Zypherites are suppose to come back at some point. Isn’t Evon more likely to screw them in a trade agreement compared to Kiel?

I know I could easily be over thinking this, but my love of rpgs really makes me think/hope, that if we befriend them (with Kiel) that at some point down the line there could be some epic cinematic of their flying city coming out of no where to help us deal with some powerful, unseen threat.

Also even if you run fractals technically neither option could end up being as awesome as we hope they would be. Either fractal, with any new mechanics, could be better than your favorite or worse than your least favorite. How many people reroll until they get swamp as their first fractal? Why do they do it, because it’s the fastest one. How many people groan when they get one that takes forever (espeically at the higher levels).

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

But will the fourth be released eventually? Or Will we ever get to see the losing one?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

I believe it was said that the winner will sponser/fund research into a particular fractal. That means that fractal will be released first.

That does not mean that research into the second fractal will stop. It is just not being sponsored or funded and will take longer to complete.

in Cutthroat Politics

SynfulChaot.3169

But right there is why this is a great living story episode. It is cruel to lore-fiends, thus making it an actual choice. A choice that actually “costs” something meaningful. Also the fact that you are in a no win situation is also a good thing because that’s the reality of choice. Our choices aren’t perfect. Often its the lesser of two evils or most appealing of two situations etc, etc.

But it’s only cruel to lore-fiends. Everyone else won’t really care.

Still, I have nothing against hoping until the hope turns into unreasonable demand and the Q.Q starts. So I guess what I should say is that hope all you want but remember Anet has only promised that the Fractal promised by the winning candidate will be implemented. I.e. don’t rage at Anet just because your hopes of both Fractals being implemented eventually never comes to fruition because that was just your hope, nothing more.

I’m well aware of what hope is. And what they have promised. I’ll just hope they won’t lock away lore from us. But either way it is their story to tell. So if they choose to withhold lore forever it is their choice. Misguided and shortsighted, but their choice.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Hedge.8760

Hedge.8760

I believe it was said that the winner will sponser/fund research into a particular fractal. That means that fractal will be released first.

That does not mean that research into the second fractal will stop. It is just not being sponsored or funded and will take longer to complete.

Really? Has this been confirmed anywhere that we will get both at some point in time, regardless of the outcome of the vote? If that’s true, it will 100% affect my vote since I’m only voting for Gnashblade to see Abaddon and Dwayna and the gods.

If we’re simply getting them later, I’ll vote for Kiel as I’m sure she’ll make the living story more interesting in the long run. :C

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

There better be those achievements tied to Aetherblade! Or else! As the evil Jafar said, you’d be surprised why you can live through!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Really? Has this been confirmed anywhere that we will get both at some point in time, regardless of the outcome of the vote? If that’s true, it will 100% affect my vote since I’m only voting for Gnashblade to see Abaddon and Dwayna and the gods.

If we’re simply getting them later, I’ll vote for Kiel as I’m sure she’ll make the living story more interesting in the long run. :C

I don’t think that is correct. Colin stated that the story gets tied up at the end which means it is already written. It’s like a choose your own adventure book. The only thing we are choosing is the fractal and the bonus. We aren’t choosing how the story plays out. That is already decided. Ellen and Evon’s roles in the story are not affected even though by either one of them being in power makes it look that way. We are just being offered the illusion of a choice in the matter, not too unlike real life politics.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Hedge.8760

Hedge.8760

I don’t think that is correct. Colin stated that the story gets tied up at the end which means it is already written. It’s like a choose your own adventure book. The only thing we are choosing is the fractal and the bonus. We aren’t choosing how the story plays out. That is already decided. Ellen and Evon’s roles in the story are not affected even though by either one of them being in power makes it look that way. We are just being offered the illusion of a choice in the matter, not too unlike real life politics.

This story, but he also said they’d remain in council and in the future would maybe have an impact on future disasters hitting LA – so I’d say that there is potential for things to get more interesting with Kiel in council. She’d be there to correct everyone and make sure they’d do the honourable thing whilst they all just want to pirate all day long. Yes, “to pirate” is a verb now.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

Does Lion’s Arch actually do any pirating anymore? I thought they had basically turned into a legitimate trading city. All the pirate trappings are just nostalgic leftovers of their more nefarious beginnings.

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

I think you had a better analogy with the choose-your-own-adventure book. THough it is possible that after a month or two it will converge together again, it is equally possible that they have something more like the Orders personal storyline in that which ever we choose now will branch out into a different scenario (with the same foes as if we had chosen the other one) but with a different approach to it. This could lead to some very interesting plot deviation, despite what you call and ‘illusion’….

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

Will you guys finally bring a capraise with it so you can pass 80? waiting for this for half a year now!

first scale 81 fractals

in Cutthroat Politics

Wallace MacBix.2089

Will you guys finally bring a capraise with it so you can pass 80? waiting for this for half a year now!

When did they ever mention they’d increase the level cap. If anything that would annoy most people, we’d have to go and get new ascended gear/level up our crafting to accommodate higher lvl gear and most likely grind out T7 mats. I don’t see any of that happening, ever.

GW1 stayed at it’s lvl 20 cap to this day.

And to stay on topic with this thread.

I think you had a better analogy with the choose-your-own-adventure book. THough it is possible that after a month or two it will converge together again, it is equally possible that they have something more like the Orders personal storyline in that which ever we choose now will branch out into a different scenario (with the same foes as if we had chosen the other one) but with a different approach to it. This could lead to some very interesting plot deviation, despite what you call and ‘illusion’….

I figure things will branch off too (or at least the same thing will happen differently) that’s why I think the vote has more to do with just the fractal preference. Heck, Anet could have given the supposed “villian” Evon a better fractal option in hopes that he wins so they can do something that will be “harder” on us later. I think in a different thread a dev posted that “kryta will get its due”, I don’t remember if that had something to do with spreading the LS events out of LA (to DR or other cities) or to have LA be attacked or something.

(edited by Wallace MacBix.2089)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/7597/Guild-Wars-2-ArenaNets-Master-Plan-for-2013.html

Apparently it will be an either/or deal with the new fractal. The one not chosen will be banished forever.

Disappointing to hear that we will never get to see the other option. There is no reason why one could not be released at a later time. Funding/sponsoring a fractal just means that it gets sped up in production and will come to fruition sooner. This should not mean all research into the second fractal stops. Story wise, the research into the second fractal should continue but just at a slower pace due to the reduced funding/sponsorship.

Sigh.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Truth be told, I’d rather get the outcome of:

Reactor, Abaddon, Aetherblade/Molten

Honestly speak,ing there’s just too many short-sided folks who go “oo shiny!” to things. And that’s what the Fall of Abaddon is – it’s an “oo shiny” which is only more impressive or interesting than the reactor fractal on the surface alone. Get into the known lore of both and you’d be demanding the reactor.

Sadly, those that go that deep are very very very few, given how many people I have seen complaining about the lack of context, depth, or appearance of lore in the game. sigh

Please Anet, make the reactor. As much as I’d love to see the fall of Abaddon, I’d much rather see something new.

Though truth be told, I’d rather see the fall of Abaddon than the aetherblade dungeon. That thing was a freaking nightmare. If it becomes a fractal, it must be greatly altered.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.