Kiel Supporters Are The Enemy Of Good Content

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Zale.9645

Zale.9645

The Abaddon fractal was the only thing that mattered in this election. Thaumanova is garbage and so are the temporary reductions. No one cares even remotely about the RP nature of this election. It was about adding the Abaddon fractal and that is an absolute incontestable fact.

And now it’s gone. Anyone who supported Kiel should be ashamed and should leave.

Right now.

I will never play WvW until Map Completion there is removed.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

Oh great this 15th or so thread complaining about the election results, which could have instead just been post in one of the others. No seriously, should just merge this thread with the others.

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: TheDarkCynder.4618

TheDarkCynder.4618

It’s funny how many of the Gnashblade supports act like their opinion is the only one that matters in the world.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

The Abaddon fractal was the only thing that mattered in this election. Thaumanova is garbage and so are the temporary reductions. No one cares even remotely about the RP nature of this election. It was about adding the Abaddon fractal and that is an absolute incontestable fact.

I’m trying to figure out how the post where one of the developers said he wanted Kiel to win because they had such great ideas for the Reactor fractal fits into the incontestable fact above.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Or thaumanova could be amazing seeing as the lead dev on the team that came up with the idea was more excited for what the thaumanova reactor would be.

Stop judging it before you’ve played it. It could be the most amazing thing ever to come into this game.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: folly dragon.4126

folly dragon.4126

boo to a new fractal, bring us a new dungeon instead.

remember, they can’t please everyone.

- a disgruntled Asuran, since no Asuran has appeared to vote for.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

The way I see it, now that the reactor has a fractal, it’s not going to get much more focus of the game. This was our one chance to see Abbadon in GW2 but the chance of seeing the reactor were fairly high. Now though, the chances of seeing something else reactor related are much lower, and the chance of seeing Abbadon are zero.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Nak.8315

Nak.8315

Maybe the story line from Abbadon would have great, but would it be great as a fractal where you cut it down to 15 minutes? Not playing GW1, it sounds like it would have been better as some type o Dungeon instead of a fractal.

And guys i wouldn’t say there’s no chance of it happening. Having had Devs in my Guild (Past Games we’ve played) and knowing devs before that design content, if they think there is a large enough demand and can work into the storyline/lore they will come up with a way. After all they did say it was the Reactor and Abbadon were the two most popular choices they came up with. Why would they just throw out the other popular choice?

Nak
Call of Fate[CoF]
Ehmry Bay

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

Or thaumanova could be amazing seeing as the lead dev on the team that came up with the idea was more excited for what the thaumanova reactor would be.

Stop judging it before you’ve played it. It could be the most amazing thing ever to come into this game.

Looking at the options we had we could’ve gotten something new, or we could’ve gotten more Inquest lark, we got more inquest. Will it be amazing? Absolutely not, but it might still be “meh, good enough.”

We’ll see tho.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

And now it’s gone. Anyone who supported Kiel should be ashamed and should leave.

Right now.

Guild Wars 1 fans and LORE fans should’ve voted for Kiel instead of Evon, that’s what I did. Why? Because
a) A simple 30min instance, that’s how the average fractal will take to complete once you know what you are doing, would never be enough to show us properly what happened during the Fall of Abaddon
b) There is absolutely no way for Anet to please everyone with the content of that fractal, everyone would have an image about the battle in their minds, the more into the lore, the more intense the image, and I doubt they could do it “properly” for everyone

On the other hand, the Reactor is pure Guild Wars 2 lore and even if the Fractal turns out to be boring and forgettable, WHO CARES. If the Fall of Abaddon ended up being boring and forgettable it would’ve been FAR worse.

tl;dr GW LORE fans and GW1 fans should’ve voted for KIEL to avoid the creation of a Fractal that could never live up to the expectations of the players.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

It’s funny how many of the Gnashblade supports act like their opinion is the only one that matters in the world.

Our IS the only voice that matters, since Evon supporters voted for truth. Kiel won via scandal and fraud, so I do not recognize her position.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: ZBeeblebrox.4928

ZBeeblebrox.4928

Get over yourselves. I, for one, was not at all interested in Abaddon (never played GW1, so don’t really care), but am very interested in Thaumanova. The world doesn’t revolve around you. To say that Thaumanova is “garbage” before it has even been released is ludicrous; but, it’s about what I’ve come to expect from the community of this game.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Scarletdawn.2750

Scarletdawn.2750

Right now.

Your own logic beats your statement of incontestable fact…lol…the majority won…what MOST people wanted, they got…

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Here’s the thing. This new fractal will basically be a watered down version of CoE. Not to mention, if this was so important to GW2 lore, do you think they’d just abandon it? The Fall of Abaddon is not important for the way GW2 is headed. The Thumanova Reactor apparently is.

What this means is that even if Evon won, we’d get both eventually – because we’d get the one that was voted in (Abaddon) and then since the reactor is so important, we’d eventually get that too. Now we’ll only see the one.

in Cutthroat Politics

Scarletdawn.2750

Here’s the thing. This new fractal will basically be a watered down version of CoE. Not to mention, if this was so important to GW2 lore, do you think they’d just abandon it? The Fall of Abaddon is not important for the way GW2 is headed. The Thumanova Reactor apparently is.

What this means is that even if Evon won, we’d get both eventually – because we’d get the one that was voted in (Abaddon) and then since the reactor is so important, we’d eventually get that too. Now we’ll only see the one.

Conjecture, you have no evidence to back up your claim. What is wrong with you people?!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

I am sitting here literally laughing at the tears of the Evon supporters.

Laughing.

Ha ha.

;)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I don’t know why we have to fight the Fire Ele again. I fight him at least once a day already. Such a sad day for Evon supporters.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Cutthroat Politics

Scarletdawn.2750

I don’t know why we have to fight the Fire Ele again. I fight him at least once a day already. Such a sad day for Evon supporters.

bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: sonicwylde.2906

sonicwylde.2906

Kiel won via scandal and fraud, so I do not recognize her position.

If true, then she was the perfect choice to win a PIRATE election.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Right now.

The fractals were a side issue, however much they were beaten up. Personally, I think they should have been a separate out-of-game poll, but it’s not like the devs consult me in every move they make.

The real issue was… who do you want to be the new Captain’s Council member going forward into the Living Story? For those who are more RP-oriented, who would your characters support? (While I personally supported Kiel, I was scrupulous in making sure that tickets that went to a character on my account that would vote for Gnashblade, went to Gnashblade.)

As someone earlier said, though – I have my doubts that a fractal depicting the Fall of Abaddon would have done it justice. Of the two, if it was truly the only issue, I would probably have still picked that one… but I considered the LS and voting for who I figured my characters would vote for were more important.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

-snip-
It was about adding the Abaddon fractal and that is an absolute incontestable fact.
-snip-

Sources please?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: blurryhunter.1250

blurryhunter.1250

I’ll tell you why I didn’t vote for Gnashblade; because Kiel deserved the spot, fractal be kitten ed and I enjoy the concept of the fractals a lot.

As for the fractals themselves, well, I’m glad I didn’t get more Abaddon stuff because I’m done with Guild Wars.

I heard all I needed to hear about Abaddon. Guild Wars had it’s moment for story telling and I’d certainly like to hear more about pre-Guild Wars 2 moments than pre-Guild Wars moments I was told throughout the entirety of Guild Wars.

To say that doing the Fire Elemental fight at the aftermath of the Reactor’s failing and it being conclusive evidence that the Fractal will be nothing new would be like me telling someone that doing the final fight with Abaddon at the closing moments of Guild Wars: Nightfall is evidence that you wouldn’t be doing anything new in the Fractal. Both are aftermath events about a past moment the players only hear about through lore digging (and you can arguably unearth more about Abaddon’s fall than you could about the Reactor; the Reactor is practically unknown in comparison).

All I needed to know was that my options to vote on were the Captain that was actually there for Lion’s Arch or the owner of the Black Lion Trading Company. Which one would benefit the city most was no contest.

What interests me the most about this whole ordeal is that there were predominately two sides to this; those that voted for game world reasons and those that voted for game content reasons. The world reasons won out. That tells me AreaNet did a good job when people care that much about who actually sits on a virtual NPC seat.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Overreaction much…

No one knows what either fractal would be like…

Thaumanova could be the best fractal ever or Abbadon could have been…or they could both suck…no one knows…

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: frostyraziel.1854

frostyraziel.1854

Abaddon fractal does nothing for the games story. Absolutely nothing. It doesn’t develop the Abaddon plot in any way. This won’t magically make Abaddon a major villain again, and center of the living story.

The reactor does more for GW2, since so far the dragon have done nothing of importance in over a year, and thins is anet’s chance to do something cool with them. Inquest is only a backseat of the whole thing, so stop whining about them.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Chill axe bro, life goes on. Bigger fish to fry in this world than what tiny fractal you get.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: blurryhunter.1250

blurryhunter.1250

Anyone take into account the fact that a lot of players went straight for getting both Achievement minis before voting any one way when they start throwing around percents and how close one was to the other? I think, in that context, it was hardly a close match.

I know I tossed 100 or more at Kiel and maybe 15 at best at Gnashblade (just for buttons).

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Kiel won via scandal and fraud, so I do not recognize her position.

If true, then she was the perfect choice to win a PIRATE election.

Funny isn’t that the reason Kiel voters keep giving NOT to vote for Evon?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Zenon.4328

Zenon.4328

I find it very interesting that we have so many psychic people that play this game that are able to see the future and yet they aren’t able to see that Evon would lose. May be time to get a new crystal ball?