Survival mini game is horrible

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

The main goal to winning this game is surviving the DEAD. That’s right, the first thing you have to do is literally run and hide from all the future dead players. Hide and hope none of them find you because if even one finds you, you’re dead.

The dead players have an absurd amount of control over the game in it’s current state. I’m all for letting the dead players contribute to the game to speed thing’s up and have fun but to give them direct control over the outcome of the entire match is depressing. Giving them the ability to knock down a player dropping everything and summon a huge insta-kill karka above their grounded body or being able to instantly apply a 20 second(?) 6 stacks or torment is just too much.

The game has a lot of potential – could have been my favorite mini game – but right now, certain mechanics are making this the least fun mini-game to date.

… I still want tengu.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: BlackWolf.8605

BlackWolf.8605

were i do agree the karkas are way to far OP with one hit kills at this point i though do find this game fun, ive found a tactic that wins about 80% of the time depending on the ammount of bloodshed early game.
one thing though i dont like is how ive seen many guild partner up to win

Wolves of The Abyss [Wolf]

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

-the trap is ok but it should cost more death motes
-the torment light trap should not apply torment, only the living version should do that, the dead one should just draw attention and ping u
-the summon karka is ok as well but give the living more time to react, it is an instakill afterall, giving the karka more time to “spawn” should help remedy the problem, the karka skill is a very effective area denial and can be used by all dead players

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

I would actually prefer if they ditched the whole spirit thing from the survival game. IMO it takes away from the actual gameplay a lot.

in Cutthroat Politics

Hammerguard.9834

The dead players are more of a concern than the other survivors. The whole game is just screwed up.

… I still want tengu.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

I do like the mini game, however, as I stated previously in a similar thread, the map is too big and the games tend to last too long when 2 last players can’t find each other.

Also, “ghost” forms shouldn’t be able to interact with the still playing players so much.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

I’m enjoying this game a lot, but yeah… the dead take a lot away from it. Too much power there.

As a matter of fact, when dead if I’m with others following a live guy and I see them spawn a karka I simply put one of the trip traps ahead of the live guy. Game over, that easy. He never has a chance.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

Yeah, this could be such a beautiful mini-game, but it has 2 major problems:

1. The dead shouldn’t have any impact in the game. They’re dead. They lost. Not only can they affect the game (in a way the living players can’t counter in any way), but they’re often more dangerous than the living players, which is stupid…
  2. Hunger is too strong. I know the objective is to avoid “camping”, but you gotta embrace the slower pace of a game such as this. I’m not suggesting removing it entirely, it’s a necessary mechanic, but as is hunger ends up having too big an impact, detracting from the strategic nature of the game.

Fix those 2 and this could potentially become a really amazing mini-game.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Minos.3450

Minos.3450

Yeah, this could be such a beautiful mini-game, but it has 2 major problems:

1. The dead shouldn’t have any impact in the game. They’re dead. They lost. Not only can they affect the game (in a way the living players can’t counter in any way), but they’re often more dangerous than the living players, which is stupid…
  2. Hunger is too strong. I know the objective is to avoid “camping”, but you gotta embrace the slower pace of a game such as this. I’m not suggesting removing it entirely, it’s a necessary mechanic, but as is hunger ends up having too big an impact, detracting from the strategic nature of the game.

Fix those 2 and this could potentially become a really amazing mini-game.

I agree with you on Deads’ power, they have a too significant impact on the game through the trap and the karka spawn. While I’m not fond of getting rid of Deads impact totally because the game would become boring fast once dead as a result, I’d limit their impact to a mere annoyance or impediment rather than the current real threat. Another solution would be to get rid of them completely, give points depending of the time they have survived then directly give them the reward so they can find another game about to start.

About the hunger mechanism, I still feel it is necessary to prevent people from simply staying afk on a defendable area until the game is over.
The current system isn’t exactly perfect because it favors people rushing rations at the start (because passifloras don’t respawn) but it’s still better than the initial low hunger we had at the start.

I still think it is overall an amazing mini game and grats to Anet for that

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I disagree. This game is great.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: AlietteFaye.7316

AlietteFaye.7316

I disagree. This game is great.

Great feedback. You could at least contribute what you think are some of the positives.

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

I love the game, but yes, the dead have too much power. Though I dont mind too much because I always die first anyways and I like having an impact, but usually 70% of all my deaths are due to the karkas and the GOD FUKCING TRAPS!

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

I hate this game, I’m not even sure the achievements are worth it. And aspect arena sucks too

in Cutthroat Politics

Hammerguard.9834

Actually… I’m a fan of aspect arena, but that’s besides the point. I hope they change up some mechanics big time next time the reintroduce southsun survival back to Tyria.

… I still want tengu.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Nova.8021

Nova.8021

Uh, maybe you don’t realize that the unfairness was purposely done because it was based off The Hunger Games. The fact that it is unfair is part of the enjoyment and hilarity, thus why there are no bonus rewards for being the last one alive.

This game is fine, and even better than the minecraft version IMO.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: raptor.1064

raptor.1064

Uh, maybe you don’t realize that the unfairness was purposely done because it was based off The Hunger Games. The fact that it is unfair is part of the enjoyment and hilarity, thus why there are no bonus rewards for being the last one alive.

This game is fine, and even better than the minecraft version IMO.

There are bonus rewards for being the last survivor. I have won like 8 times and 0 of them were from killing the other last survivor even when I go looking for them.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

I love the minigame, but agree with the excessive power given to dead characters. The scoring system is a mess, too.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Puru.4217

Puru.4217

Hiding inside a boat after rushing more than half the passiflora flowers is generally a free win atm. The ghosts can’t do anything about it and anything they lay in order to arm you will result in the other surivors to get killed.

It’s not my fault if S/P is not popular !!!

(edited by Puru.4217)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Gmr Leon.1846

Gmr Leon.1846

I don’t know for sure, but I think they give the dead so much power because, well, at least in my cause I spawned in dead. I was dead on arrival, and that’s incredibly dull until you (randomly? I couldn’t tell) got a charge of vengeance or wrath or whatever it is. If that’s the real case, then they should just better sort out loading in multiple games/new games so you don’t have to spawn into running games as a silly ghost highly disoriented with what you’re even supposed to be doing till you finish reading the instructions (which do not brief you on the dead side of the mini-game, unless I overlooked it).

That’s the issue I’ve found with many of these mini-games so far, personally. Jumping into already running mini-games that are competitive is not my definition of fun, considering it’s already stacked in favor of those that were already there for awhile.

Grydd, asuran engineer perpetually gathering materials.
Member of The Archivists’ Sanctum [Lore], a guild for lore enthusiasts.
The Adventurer’s Log!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

The 2nd chance aspect for the dead players keeps them interested and provides twitch players with a source of head shot targets. Enjoy it while it lasts because once people have farmed the achievements out of it, this mini game will be dead.

Unfortunately it’s another sPvP style game where you play against randoms, what you get from the spawn spot is totally random and where you re-spawn in the first couple of minutes is also random. This could be a great party vs party or GvG mini-game, but Nerfnet doesnt’ row that boat.

At the end of next week, RNG wont be enough fun to keep this game going and yes, I already have my mini and the head-shot achievement.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

1. I like the idea of the spirits, but I think they should be toned down a tiny bit. If you fear spirits more than players than that’s a bit of a problem. Maybe you could change one of the abilities to help a player. For instance maybe someone killed you, so you go to find their opponent and buff them. Maybe the buff could be something like swiftness/might/aegis for X seconds.

2. Running feels a little too slow. I know Anet is trying to make it so that people don’t run away too far.. but it still feels too slow. Maybe like a 5-10% speed increase would make it feel better to me.

3. I feel that hunger gets rid of your health a little too fast. When I first played the game I was expecting hunger to go away for a period of time when you use a ration. But the damage just keeps going.

4. Rations have too high of an impact in the game. I think that maybe there should be a cap for players to only be able to hold 5 rations at a time. Hiding out should be able to be a strategy, but it shouldn’t be the only strategy. If you try to pick up a ration when you’re at the cap, it should just drop it on the ground.

5. You need to place mobs more around the water and beach area. You obviously shouldn’t place them by the bar, but, you really need to keep people on the starting island and not run off into no-man’s land where both players and spirits can’t reach (practically speaking).

(edited by Kojiden.8405)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

the ghosts are kinda over powered, its not the karka that bothers me its that stupid call from beyond skill thats completly unreasonable , it does too much damage its too cheap and too easy to trigger

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I would actually prefer if they ditched the whole spirit thing from the survival game. IMO it takes away from the actual gameplay a lot.

spirit game play is required or else the games will never end.

the survival game is fine, just some technical bugs need to be fixed.