Who would you really vote for?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Promises aside, who is the candidate you’d rather vote for based on personality/lore alone? I definitely would’ve voted for Kiel if it wasn’t for Evon’s Abaddon fractal. It kinda pains me that I use all of my support tokens for someone I dislike just because of the fractal.

Also, how do you see the story progressing if your candidate wins? As far as generating an interesting development, I do think Evon should win.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

(edited by Leo Paul.1659)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Avatara.1042

Which one gets me to the desert faster? I would vote for them.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I’m tired of characters stealing all the credit for my hundreds of hours of work. Evon has never done that so I’d probably vote for him. He is also an actual pirate who likes treasure, which seems important for a pirate election.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

I am an anarchist r/l so I wouldn’t.

In character…

Leveillei (Sylvari thief) would vote for whoever seemed most friendly… so Kiel.
Manya Ivanova (human warrior) doesnt trust Charr… so Kiel.
Solissa Starwood (human ranger) has a penchant for Charr… Evon for her.
Adria Zanotti (human engineer) is a secret Seperatist sympathiser… she wouldn’t vote.
Psi Knight Brindis (human guardian) considers herself a goddess, so above petty mortal politics… no vote.
Rhubey (sylvari elementalist) doesn’t understand the point of leadership… no vote.
Deanna Raevon (human necro) is too young to vote… no vote.

2 Kiel, 1 Evon, 4 abstentions.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

Nobody can represent me and my will accurately, so I wouldn’t vote as I don’t IRL. I did vote once, and turned out to be extremely disappointed in the result. I’d rather seize power for myself and become an absolute dictator That’s the way to do it :P

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

Skritt King write-in.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Evon’s eccentric character is much more entertaining for a PIRATE election.

Honestly, do we need another cliche goodie-two-shoes hero? Evon Gnashblade is at least entertaining, and that makes him more likeable in the same way as Tybalt Leftpaw.

When we get right down to it, what matters most is an entertaining character. We’ve seen the mary-sue archetype before. There for, it’s time to make way for Grey-and-Gray morality with Evon Gnashblade!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

All my character are Charr, but even then they would still vote Kiel, just because we’ve seen her in a fight. And well…pencil-pushers aren’t very well liked by Charr. Not to mention just like me, they don’t trust somebody that seems to care more about their wealth than helping others who you will then ask a favor for later.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Archmortal.1027

Archmortal.1027

Evon has experience in this type of position. A LOT of it. And he’s proven to be capable and successful at what he does.

Kiel on the other hand has no experience in this type of position and her limited recent experience in a leadership role proved her to be incompetent in such a role. She’s a soldier that should follow orders. The decisions and orders she has given herself have been less than successful. Had she been more competent the Captain she’s currently replacing would still be alive and we’d likely be voting for him against Evon instead of Kiel.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: phoenix.3465

phoenix.3465

None! Cause they are both not willing to support the war effort against the Elder Dragons. You know, the really important stuff.
Also I’m not even a citizen of Lion’s Arch. What do I care about their city council?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Kiel. Real-life politicians are already corrupt enough.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

I’m tired of characters stealing all the credit for my hundreds of hours of work. Evon has never done that so I’d probably vote for him. He is also an actual pirate who likes treasure, which seems important for a pirate election.

Evon would be more likely to do that than kiel and would probably do it for every little thing.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Evon would be more likely to do that than kiel and would probably do it for every little thing.

This is true. I don’t see Kiel taking credit for something she didn’t do. Her candidate trials intro gives us a glimpse of how honest she can be.

As for Pirate elections, I think Kiel would be good in the position since I think Evon will likely abuse the seat to hell.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: VKP Butcher.2751

VKP Butcher.2751

Kiel, or Skritt King…screw Evon.

I gave my limbs to the gods, perhaps I’ll add yours to the offering!
Killian Darkwood(Rng), Kaalia Darkheart(Guard), Avacyn Darkmind(Mes):Maguuma

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

I wouldn’t vote for either. I don’t do politics…especially in a video game.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

I don’t care about Fractals, so I voted for who I wanted to vote for, Ellen Kiel.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Kiel, because her personality doesn’t irk me the way Evon’s does.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Archmortal.1027

Archmortal.1027

This is true. I don’t see Kiel taking credit for something she didn’t do. Her candidate trials intro gives us a glimpse of how honest she can be.

As for Pirate elections, I think Kiel would be good in the position since I think Evon will likely abuse the seat to hell.

As to Kiel taking credit: she has literally already taken it from us once. Does no one remember her playing dead and then stepping in at the last second to take all the glory from the people who actually did what she was supposed to?

Evon will likely treat the seat as he treats his current position. Which is to say it will succeed, and by putting him in a non-corporate, non-dictator position we gain more control over what he is capable of doing whereas electing Kiel reduces our ability to make checks on her wild fantasies. Evon sums her up quite well: she thinks she’s a Hurricane, and if granted agency and power to act on that we can expect more disasters and explosions (do you think it’s a coincidence that she wants to investigate the site of a giant explosion?)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

If you aren’t voting for their positions, then what are you voting for?… simply the cult of personality? Granted that’s what many people vote for in elections anyways (including this one), but still that is not what you should be basing your decisions on.

My vote would probably still go to Evon though, he knows how business works, and the economic health of Lion’s Arch is in his best interest. He doesn’t try to hide his actual motives, you always know where he stands and what he is going to do. Kiel is a loose cannon by comparison, and she has this fake-ness about her where she has many people perceiving her to be a goodie-two-shoes, and glory hog, when in reality she is no were near that perception she tries to give off.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

I’d vote for Kiel. We all know that Charr smell like wet dogs… I mean.. who wants a wet dog on the council?

#VoteKiel

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA