Can we just stop, please?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

The complaints thus far are absolutely mind boggling.

1.) Moa racing shouldn’t be part of the meta achievement.

Congratulations, it’s not! You only have to do 10/14 achievements, of which you have AN ENTIRE MONTH to do.

2.) The holo dragons in the lower zones breed competition and contempt.

It was like this during Halloween, Christmas and SAB. Same plan. But considering all the impatient people want to finish this in a day, it’s become a major issue. Once again, YOU HAVE AN ENTIRE MONTH. Let the crowds thin out and you’ll see the nodes sitting around doing nothing, like they have in every other event beforehand.

3.) RNG RNG RNG RNG RNG RNG RNG RNG

The biggest complaint I saw in Southsun was the fact that the crates off mobs didn’t drop enough. Now they drop off ANY WORLD MOB and now you have coffers being THROWN at you, in the hundreds and thousands, and you DON’T HAVE TO PAY A DIME. The RNG boxes have worked the same in EVERY OTHER HOLIDAY BEFOREHAND and if you’re a sucker enough to keep buying into them, then I have no hope for you as a human being. People are picking up hundreds IN A SINGLE DAY, and once again, THE EVENT LASTS FOR AN ENTIRE MONTH. The weapon skins DO NOT AFFECT YOU, in ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM, so have some WILLPOWER and DON’T BUY THEM.

By god, ever since that “other MMO” started handing everything to everyone by just logging in, everyone thinks that’s how it should be now.

(edited by Moderator)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Aethgar.1784

Aethgar.1784

I think I love you, OP.

I was feeling the grr yesterday while sitting by holograms, then startled myself when I remembered – I have a bloody month to do this. So what if I haven’t got them all in one day? Holy crap! It’s just the obsessive grinder in me being a greedy sod.
Thank you for the perspective. It has to be restated!

Tarnished Coast| House Corvidae
Lord Ahrwit Valdyr/Isambard FitzValdyr/many more…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: EndlessDreamer.6780

EndlessDreamer.6780

I find the fact that we get new content every month to be amazing and I’m very happy not having to wait for expansions to get something new. Moa racing is a good money sink where I can hope SOMEDAY Meep will get its act together, I have a really easy time on CD getting the hologram projectors, even running, and… eh, I’ve made a gold off of the Risen Knight so far and that was just day one.

I am content.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

Amen.

/15 char

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Vahkris.6847

Vahkris.6847

I agree completely, however I wanted to double down on this point:

But considering all the impatient people want to finish this in a day, it’s become a major issue.

Seriously, I think you hit the nail on the head here. It’s become somewhat expected by players that they should be able to complete the new Living Story content in a single day. Now they’re given the equivalent of a Monthly (for a month-long celebration…weird, I know) and it’s suddenly a huge grind…only because they’re trying to complete it all as fast as possible, which means they need to focus on it…which makes it a grind.

Yes, there were/are bugs. They need to improve the holograms so they don’t die as fast (hint, go to the higher level zones, they didn’t die so fast there). But most of the complaints I’ve seen stem more towards the fact that people want to complete everything today, and get all the skins right now (seems like ArenaNet made a set people really want).

This coffer situation is probably the best version of the RNG boxes they’ve yet done. I’m actually approving of this setup if they really want to use them.

Edit: Also note, in addition to only needing to do 10 achievements to get the meta…5 of those are the storyline. You’ll get it if you actually play the game.

You don’t need to do Moa Racing, Dragon Ball, or even compete against other players to do the Holographic Minions.

(edited by Vahkris.6847)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Hippoid.6904

Hippoid.6904

I agree with everything the OP said.

Right – now i’m off to buy some coffers with gems (be back complaining later)

;)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Garrison Storm.3046

Garrison Storm.3046

Excellent post, OP. Agree 100%.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Sentinel VX.1392

Sentinel VX.1392

No matter how good the content is there will be always some people complaining about it as it is impossible to satisfy everyone. But I never approved the practice of RNG though although this time it’s better than the previous due to higher drop rate.

I still remember when they sold the weapons directly on the gemstore during winter event for like 500 gems each, I bought one because it doesn’t involve any RNG.

Sea of Sorrow since BWE.

in Dragon Bash

Vahkris.6847

I still remember when they sold the weapons directly on the gemstore during winter event for like 500 gems each, I bought one because it doesn’t involve any RNG.

And if more people voted with their wallets that way we might not even be having this discussion.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: JOKER.3952

JOKER.3952

/agree 100% – I think all too often people forget all the best things this game AND this community (generally speaking of course) have to offer.

Is GW2 perfect – no , but honestly it is far better in many ways compared to the 10-15 other MMOs I have played in the last 15+ years. ( no one will ever beat DAOC RvR )

80 Engi, 80 War, 80 Ranger, 80 Mes [AoD] – DR
“Sometimes … when Im alone – I buff myself”

in Dragon Bash

Stark.1350

My ONLY complaint is I wish you could join Dragon Ball as a guild or setup private matches. Custom arenas anyone?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Jam.4521

Jam.4521

I started this last night and ran around like a mad man doing everything, got to 135 of the holo kills etc then actually stopped to think and realised just how stupid I’m being. A whole month lol.

BOOM

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Nebast.7631

Nebast.7631

A point against your no 2

The holograms aren’t the same as they were with any of the other events, all the other events had drops for each player even if they didn’t tag the mobs before they died, they were also in higher level zones (winters and SAB that is) which meant there more places people could go (so people ended up spreading out).

Also you seem to forget that people aren’t just farming them for the achievement, they are after the boxes which means that people will actually want to stop others getting to the holos because the less other people get the higher profit they can potentially make from selling them.

Your 1 and 3 are spot on though.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Torca.5162

Torca.5162

One thing one can complain about and I have is the shody work on the actaul “free” items.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: JOKER.3952

JOKER.3952

Last night we had a loosely organized grp of 10-15 people running around G. Fields.
Since the respawn on holo’s is about 8 min we decided to run as a zerg and call out new holo’s that popped and then wait for 30 sec or so for everyone to arrive THEN start up the projector. Its not perfect, sometimes they would die before people could tag them all so they wouldnt get full credit but I think in general everyone was getting more holo kills / loot. Later we had smaller grps of 5ish doing the same, that seemed to be ideal, the holos still die fast but there was enough time for everyone one to tag the mobs and get credit.

edit – just wondering – does actually grouping with people effect looting rights ?
For example , could a 80 warrior grp a bunch a lowbies to help them , would they be able to loot just for being in the grp or do they have to tag each mobs themselves ?
Sorry – I have very little experience grouping. ( limited play time, i like helping others , etc – i just usually solo cause of time constraints. LOL 3 80s and havent run 1 dungeon ….. soon

Dream Echo – 40 Mesmer

80 Engi, 80 War, 80 Ranger, 80 Mes [AoD] – DR
“Sometimes … when Im alone – I buff myself”

(edited by JOKER.3952)

in Dragon Bash

Stark.1350

A point against your no 2

The holograms aren’t the same as they were with any of the other events, all the other events had drops for each player even if they didn’t tag the mobs before they died, they were also in higher level zones (winters and SAB that is) which meant there more places people could go (so people ended up spreading out).

Also you seem to forget that people aren’t just farming them for the achievement, they are after the boxes which means that people will actually want to stop others getting to the holos because the less other people get the higher profit they can potentially make from selling them.

Your 1 and 3 are spot on though.

Fair enough, I’ll admit to your first point. But the second point, they drop from every world mob in the game.

in Dragon Bash

Garrison Storm.3046

…and very frequently, at that. No idea the drop rate, but I seemed to get a coffer roughly every 4 or 5 kills.

in Dragon Bash

Nebast.7631

Thats very true and me and a few other guild mates have found our own places to go and do a little hour long farm thats nothing to do with the holograms but unfortunatly the drop rates are terrible when compared to farming the holograms which can drop upto 4 boxes per node activation (my experience, admittedly this only happened 3 times and may have had 1 or 2 normalmobs dragged in to interfere with the stats).

Soz about typing i’m on my phone

in Dragon Bash

Nebast.7631

@ Storm
May I ask what ur killing and at what lv, ur MF etc
High density of mobs i’m guessing?

in Dragon Bash

Garrison Storm.3046

L80… I was in a 15-25 area killing mostly dredge, sheep and deer. MF at 46%. Not really high density, but they go down fast and spawn very quickly. I had better luck with the coffer drops than previously camping a projector and waiting 8 minutes for a chance at 4. In those instances, as many time as I got 4, I got none. Just seems like low level mobs were a more efficient (and certainly more interesting) way to collect them.

Not that my luck in finding anything but candy and fireworks has improved…

in Dragon Bash

Nebast.7631

Hmm guess rng is rng then, though I did seem to find more from lower lv mobs than the higher ones (lv 80 risen zone seemed to have a very low drop rate).
The mobs that drop bags don’t seem to be as gd either…
But as I said rng………

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zakk.2468

Zakk.2468

I will admit… albeit rather shamefully… I sped through the Holo kills achievement because very early on I had to deal with kittens on some maps taunting in map chat that they beat other people to it. So, the obsessive compulsive person I am reacted and went nuts in the higher level areas to get the achievement. Eventually i worked with guildies and PUGs in some maps which is what we need to do. I agree with everything you are saying though TC.

Would i love to get the Jade GS skin? Absolutely, Its awesome! But I know the chances are low and even with them being rare in common coffers i will likely not get one but I have the whole month to do so!

It’s awesome that ANET is doing the Meta rewards as a part of a whole rather than “you need EVERY achievement to get X item.” By this model I was able to get my Sclerite Shell and also i’ll get the shattered wings too! I don’t and won’t save up the 100k candies for the solids. Not worth it but we can still get the shattered ones!

Any male Asura I make will be named Zakk!
Proud player of Crusader, Arcanist,
Beastmaster, Shadowraider, and Shieldbearer Zakk!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ninetales.5208

ninetales.5208

Exactly. After playing LotRO for two years I can honestly say that GW2 is heaven compared to what that has become. Five hour weekly downtimes for one hotfix, Pay2Win buffs in the store, One pvp map for SIX years, a tyrannical dictatorship running their forums, and the same end-game content for the last two expansions. And its hardly F2P, you can’t get through to level cap without having to buy quests/maps etc. For VIP access you pay 10 bucks a month (and you have to be VIP to access the pvp zone).

Trust me, Anet have saved my life. I actually want to throw money at them.

It’s true, I’m not dangerous. But these golems are!
ASURA POWER!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: DaddyBoJangles.6012

DaddyBoJangles.6012

+1 to this. Op wins the forums for the day.

I have bought a gem card each event and bought the chests for a random chest for the weapon skins each event. I spent 15-25 dollars not for a weapon skin but to support the game I love and for a CHANCE to get a unique weapon skin. Not once did I have a fit of forum posting rage and cry RNG over not getting a skin. I knew I was buying into a chance.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

Its unfortunate that the most optimal way to farm holo’s is to wp around solo and grief the kitten out of other players instead of cooperating. It stands in stark contrast to rest of the game’s content, where having more players cooperate is usually more optimal.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kioshi.6597

Kioshi.6597

Agreed +1. Most people that complain about how they did it, will always complain anyway.

in Dragon Bash

Stark.1350

Its unfortunate that the most optimal way to farm holo’s is to wp around solo and grief the kitten out of other players instead of cooperating. It stands in stark contrast to rest of the game’s content, where having more players cooperate is usually more optimal.

Agreed panzer, but this is the second day. The crowds will thin out.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

@Stark Great post. Well said. Thank you.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: frostyraziel.1854

frostyraziel.1854

Stop being an apologist for anet, OP. We’re giving our opinions and honest feeling about the released content. We’re providing something called feedback, that anet can then choose to acknowledge or ignore.
The event obviously lacks QA and isn’t thought trough.
Also just to make something clear: People are not complaining anet is not giving them everything for free (even though anti-grind was one of their promises pre-release), people are complaining that anet is forcing them to do an insane grind or spend money on a stuff that depends too much on luck.

in Dragon Bash

Stark.1350

Forcing you to spend money. Insane grind.

/epic facepalm.

in Dragon Bash

Mourningcry.9428

Just as another perspective, that solo player “griefing” may just be some poor soul who’s bad luck it is to be behind a zerg, and they’re just desperate to get a node.

On another note, doesn’t take much to mess up a griefer’s farming route either. Just wait at the node until it respawns. Wait, but then aren’t you griefing the greifer? See above.

(edited by Mourningcry.9428)

in Dragon Bash

frostyraziel.1854

/epic facepalm.

I sure like collecting 100k candies through various, fun and interesting activities, and spending 500$ on boxes only to get nothing. So epic, am i right.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I’ll agree with point 2 but not a chance on 1+3. There is a reason players don’t like rng. Most do not want things for free, they simply want to be able to obtain things via doing something other than relying on luck.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Blaine.4251

Blaine.4251

I have to add something to your third point.
What bugs me the most is not the RNG in acquiring the weapon skins but rather how most, if not all of the new (weapon) skins introduced into the game are all part of this RNG system.
In a game like Guild Wars 2 were visual gear progress is actually one of the only things you can focus on, we get too few skins that are accessible in these events.

in Dragon Bash

Stark.1350

/epic facepalm.

I sure like collecting 100k candies through various, fun and interesting activities, and spending 500$ on boxes only to get nothing. So epic, am i right.

Clearly you didn’t read my post, so I’m not going to bother with you.

in Dragon Bash

Mourningcry.9428

Stop being an apologist for anet, OP. We’re giving our opinions and honest feeling about the released content. We’re providing something called feedback, that anet can then choose to acknowledge or ignore.
The event obviously lacks QA and isn’t thought trough.
Also just to make something clear: People are not complaining anet is not giving them everything for free (even though anti-grind was one of their promises pre-release), people are complaining that anet is forcing them to do an insane grind or spend money on a stuff that depends too much on luck.

Let’s be really clear, no one is being forced to do anything.

Want the shiney? Accept to do what it takes to get the shiney.
Don’t wanna do that? Don’t expect to get the shiney.
Don’t like what you gotta do? Don’t do it. Go ahead and even complain about it.

But don’t make up some kitten that you’re being forced to do it.

So, unless that’s a dev with a loaded gun standing behind you and giving you no alternative but to sit there an press buttons, wake up and accept it’s your choice to play however it is you chose to.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ghettogenius.9174

ghettogenius.9174

I’ve been having a blast with this event so far and it’s only been one day. After looking at the numbers for those achievements and gauging my casual progress it is clear I will have no problem accomplishing them.

I would have liked for the moa racing to cost a little less but that’s only because I am kitten poor. Oh and I wouldn’t be surprised if they beefed up the holo mobs a bit over the course of the event – but then again they are only holograms lol.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

I think the event is very well done so far. I love the phenomenal drop rate on the regular chests. I don’t care that they are mostly candy, it’s fun opening stacks of them at a time… lots of fun. The reward is certainly worth the effort. In addition, there’s no reason to really farm the Holo nodes except for the “Kill XXX Holo mobs” achievement. I got more chests from farming trash mobs (which are not in scarce supply).

RNG complaints should be left for the purchased boxes — those are the ones that may hold a ticket (not the normal drop ones). However there’s an easy action to take if you don’t like ANet’s approach on the gem-boxes…. don’t buy them. Speak with your money, you’ll be heard.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: PAX.4160

PAX.4160

2. I think the concerns about the increase in competition and bad blood between players surrounding the holo nodes are legitimate, whether it lasts or not. It makes the event less fun for more people. I’m sure many people are mostly fine with it, but it doesn’t feel the same as the Halloween events, and the devil is in the details, which have already been stated elsewhere and don’t need repeating here.

3. RNG is a delicate balance. Players are coming to the forums upset because they spent real money in the hope of receiving benefit that felt equivalent to the money they spent. This was exacerbated by slightly misleading language re: Rich Dragon Coffers before the event. Now, people who spent money ought to have done some research, ought to have confirmed some drop rates, ought to have expected to get some junk for some of their expense. Nevertheless, the RNG for skins in these last two events feels weird to me, as though it was designed to only satisfy a few people. It feels like Anet/NCSoft are baiting people into gambling their real money away, and Moa racing only fuels that feeling.

Let me say that in this event so far, as a casual, I’ve made some gold, enjoyed the skin on Lion’s arch, enjoyed the high drop rate of coffers, and look forward to the story events that are coming. Overall, it’s been a positive experience. Yet, I can see the legitimacy of the complaints and there are choices Anet made here that are definitely hateworthy. Dismissing those complaints as illegitimate comes across as self-righteous and judgmental, whether people in this thread mean to come across that way or not.

in Dragon Bash

frostyraziel.1854

So, unless that’s a dev with a loaded gun standing behind you and giving you no alternative but to sit there an press buttons, wake up and accept it’s your choice to play however it is you chose to.

Sure, but what have the players who have not wished to waste their money on RNG boxes got in the past few months. Just look at the settlers weapons we got at the end of the last living story. It really shows how much anet cares about those players. This has turned into a f2p model MMO.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: BlueSoda.6297

BlueSoda.6297

Congratulations, it’s not! You only have to do 10/14 achievements, of which you have AN ENTIRE MONTH to do.

It was like this during Halloween, Christmas and SAB. Same plan. But considering all the impatient people want to finish this in a day, it’s become a major issue. Once again, YOU HAVE AN ENTIRE MONTH. Let the crowds thin out and you’ll see the nodes sitting around doing nothing, like they have in every other event beforehand.

The biggest complaint I saw in Southsun was the fact that the crates off mobs didn’t drop enough. Now they drop off ANY WORLD MOB and now you have coffers being THROWN at you, in the hundreds and thousands, and you DON’T HAVE TO PAY A DIME. The RNG boxes have worked the same in EVERY OTHER HOLIDAY BEFOREHAND and if you’re a sucker enough to keep buying into them, then I have no hope for you as a human being. People are picking up hundreds IN A SINGLE DAY, and once again, THE EVENT LASTS FOR AN ENTIRE MONTH. The weapon skins DO NOT AFFECT YOU, in ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM, so have some WILLPOWER and DON’T BUY THEM.

By god, ever since that “other MMO” started handing everything to everyone by just logging in, everyone thinks that’s how it should be now. Man, I can’t wait for real life to smack the lot of you across the face.

People should have the ability to voice their opinions no matter how you feel about it Stark. This is a video game, not a government state where you should “just be happy with what you have and not complain about it”.

It does not matter if you agree or disagree, if people are complaining, reporting or complementing, they should have the ability to do all of those things freely and not be condemned for it because you personally are annoyed by it. You don’t have to read the titles of the threads you find offensive or annoying, so keep that in mind.

Charr Lawful-Neutral

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ruruuiye.8912

Ruruuiye.8912

I only partially agree. I mean yes, people have a month to do things but that doesn’t mean the holos are a particularly good idea. It just means people have a month to make up for the fact the idea is bad. Why is it bad? Because as it’s currently implemented, it goes against the design philosophy everywhere else in GW2 wherein other players you run into incidentally on the field are partners rather than competitors.

As for RNG, I’m not sure the ones in the gem store are a particularly friendly practice either. Gambling preys on some pretty fundamental human psychology and telling problem gamblers to “grow a spine and have willpower” is not exactly the best way to do things. I’d rather not see GW2 become a casino or if it does, I would at least like a free bunny girl mini.

in Dragon Bash

Vahkris.6847

Sure, but what have the players who have not wished to waste their money on RNG boxes got in the past few months. Just look at the settlers weapons we got at the end of the last living story. It really shows how much anet cares about those players. This has turned into a f2p model MMO.

Um, not sure what you’re getting at, but honestly the only things you’d really be missing out on was the Fused and Sclerite weapon skins. Even then that could possibly be at least somewhat countered with a lot of farming (Fused came from the BLCs, Southsun boxes dropped). Not a guarantee, but what else did we miss out on? Everything else came from in-game actions…two awesome backpieces, specifically. The Settler weapons feel like they were mostly for a different method to access gear (and a stat combination).

Just because you thought they should be unique skins doesn’t mean it’s horrible that they’re there. I didn’t miss out on anything except two sets of cosmetic gear. Oh well. Doesn’t stop me from playing.

By god, ever since that “other MMO” started handing everything to everyone by just logging in, everyone thinks that’s how it should be now. Man, I can’t wait for real life to smack the lot of you across the face.

People should have the ability to voice their opinions no matter how you feel about it Stark. This is a video game, not a government state where you should “just be happy with what you have and not complain about it”.

It does not matter if you agree or disagree, if people are complaining, reporting or complementing, they should have the ability to do all of those things freely and not be condemned for it because you personally are annoyed by it. You don’t have to read the titles of the threads you find offensive or annoying, so keep that in mind.

He’s voicing his opinion about you/everyone who’s complaining’s opinion. He should be able to complain about that freely and not be condemned because you are personally annoyed by it. You don’t have to read this thread if all you want is mindless complaining.

:P

(edited by Vahkris.6847)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

+1 to OP, so sick of hearing all these people complain. Im rushing to get the meta done myself just because i want the shattered wings, and even with rushing I feel no need to complain like the other people. The weapon skins look horrible in my opinion, and even if I did like them, i would just go through my coffers instead of selling them to try to get a ticket instead of buying them for real money.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Dragon Bash

Mourningcry.9428

Here are some notable items made availble in game over the last few months:

- Winter’s day items
– Fractal skins
– Ascended gear
– Laurel vendor items
– Guild reward items
– SAB
– Molten Weapons Factory

The individual items are a bit too numerous for me list, so, I just listed the general categories. But you get the idea. Not enough?

As Vahkris pointed out the only notable things which the type of player you mention has missed out on, have been a few weapon skins.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Insanebolt.7392

Insanebolt.7392

OP is a hero. Agree completely.

It’s important to understand that they are trying new things and improving on systems as time goes on. It’s not gonna be perfect every time and it sure isn’t gonna be perfect on the first day.

For all the threads complaining, there are better ways of communicating “constructive criticism” that does not include whining and hating.

On the holograms, a party of 5 not spec’d in berserker gear is bliss. I farmed coffers forever yesterday. Got about 300-400 of them and then…sold them all

If your running around racing everyone to a point just invite them to party real quick. If your not planning on selling them then wait till it calms down. I only went at it yesterday because the hourly was awesome. Selling coffers for a high of 9s and a low of 6s was awesome.

I am so Drowsi
[LO]
SoR for Life

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: BlueSoda.6297

BlueSoda.6297

Um, not sure what you’re getting at, but honestly the only things you’d really be missing out on was the Fused and Sclerite weapon skins. Even then that could possibly be at least somewhat countered with a lot of farming (Fused came from the BLCs, Southsun boxes dropped). Not a guarantee, but what else did we miss out on? Everything else came from in-game actions…two awesome backpieces, specifically. The Settler weapons feel like they were mostly for a different method to access gear (and a stat combination).

Just because you thought they should be unique skins doesn’t mean it’s horrible that they’re there. I didn’t miss out on anything except two sets of cosmetic gear. Oh well. Doesn’t stop me from playing.

He’s voicing his opinion about you/everyone who’s complaining’s opinion. He should be able to complain about that freely and not be condemned because you are personally annoyed by it. You don’t have to read this thread if all you want is mindless complaining.

:P

Erm…what?lol. I think you are confused, I didn’t say I had a problem with him voicing his opinion either, just that if he’s going to give his, he should not have a problem with other people giving theirs either.

Charr Lawful-Neutral

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Real life does not smack you in the face w/rng, unless you pay for it. Constructive criticism is worth a ton coming from the community if GW2 wants longevity in this market. Big difference in earning what you have worked for, and RNG. Lets not confuse RNG aspects of this game and working for something. IMO rng and everything in GW2 is a handout, considering you can just buy it.

Kinda like the player I seen a few hours after patch w/candy wings & dragon greatsword….pay2win all the way..or disguised in this game p2Lookgood.

Outside of the rng, I refuse to spend or participate in, this was a good patch.

JQ Druid

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Why are people even farming the lowby zone Holograms??

I was in Orr last night and every other mob dropped coffers, it was getting seriously annoying b/c I wanted DUST instead. …but hey, no waiting around for more of them to spawn, they’re EVERYWHERE. Most Dragon’s minions are and it seems they drop coffers the most either way. So ppl should stop camping and just go do what they’d normally do, just like in GW1 anytime Bday cakes & vic tokens were popping…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: RileyTheRad.8542

RileyTheRad.8542

I agree completely, I love the fact that:

1) You can get the skins through regular coffers (my wife got a weapon skin on her 16th regular coffer) for a lesser chance

2) You can get these coffers from any ol’ mobs, not just the hologram ones! This means we can work toward getting our skins just as effectively just by playing the game normally and leveling our alts! Those without alts, you can run around Orr or Southsun and farm as normal with the added effect of getting coffers. Even if you don’t want to open them, you can sell them on the TP for around 5s : D

This I believe has been handled very well. ANet gave just enough ground to make this work well. I do think that the drop % of the tickets in the cash shop coffers could probably be increased a bit more, but that’s just my opinion.

My only complaint (and it’s not really even a complaint, just a slight irking) is that Dragonball seems pretty glitchy with rubber banding and random Out of Sights. Still super fun though!

Hoopa doopa.