Dragon Ball Afk Team Members

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Jishika.8206

Jishika.8206

Before I write anything else, pardon my spelling & grammar, english is not my native language.

This is just my opinion on the matter but I’m one of them who thinks dragon ball is a fun game to play. But quite often many just stands afk just to get their acheivement, which is just sad.

I have played great rounds but they are rare. Often there are 2-3 team members who just stands there. For me i’ts dragging the fun part to the bottom. =/

Is there something missing in the dragon ball game? Any changes that might do the dragon ball game better?

What do you guys think of this?

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: kicksun.4590

kicksun.4590

I dont understand why someone are still “AfK” in dragon ball games. They get no best benefit(compare with farming mobs) nor total achievement for wing from that game. Dragon ball game is meaningless for AFKers.
BTW why cant I type “AFK” without the quotation mark

(edited by kicksun.4590)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

You get achievement points. That’s enough for some people to go AFK for 20 games.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

It’s freaking hilarious how you end up in the middle of the battlefield if you idle in base too long though.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

People are going to AFK it just for the rewards because they can. If they’re going to logout anyways, getting something is better than nothing.

As long as the player doesn’t get killed, they will eventually get kicked after a few minutes for being idle (I encountered this in a 1vs0 match). If they’re killed however, the counter is reset. They could fix this by only teleporting players out of the spawn if they haven’t moved after spawning.

I’ve seen some really bad players playing, so bad I thought they might be bots (commonly running into walls for a few seconds, ignoring enemies, randomly shooting and always running the same path after spawning). These players as well as those that don’t want to “PvP” but want the achievement (for completion) are going to AFK it and hope they win, and they do win, sometimes. After AFK,ing it for a few days, achievement complete.

BTW why cant I type “AFK” without the quotation mark

AFK used to be censored because of the FK.

(edited by Healix.5819)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Blame ANet by forcing PvP down the throats of those who do not want to do it thus making the experience worse for the PvPers who do enjoy it and want to do it.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Blame ANet by forcing PvP down the throats of those who do not want to do it thus making the experience worse for the PvPers who do enjoy it and want to do it.

Nobody’s forced to do it. Dragonball doesn’t count for the wings. All you get is a few achievement points.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Nobody’s forced to do it. Dragonball doesn’t count for the wings. All you get is a few achievement points.

Even when people thought it counted for the wings, it still wasn’t necessary to do (unless you HAD to have the wings as soon as the 10th achievement went live).

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Not necessary for the wings. But it is necessary for the achievement.

And there are a lot of OCD players out there.

in Dragon Bash

Wallace MacBix.2089

Not necessary for the wings. But it is necessary for the achievement.

And there are a lot of OCD players out there.

The only argument I have against that is there is an achievement for 20 wins so going afk doesn’t really help with that. Unless they assume that their team will win even when their not there, which I wouldn’t put it past some people.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Genophix.3098

Genophix.3098

Is it really not possible to write a mechanism in that detects if players are AFK? If you don’t move for 20 seconds you get the boot, simple.

I am really at a loss as to why this type of system isn’t placed in these games as standard because in 5vs5 even one player going afk messes it up.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: starrduster.6327

starrduster.6327

As one person said here…its an easy fix. Remove the ‘auto-spawning’ into the battle after they have died. Anyone who dies has to manually get back into game or they sit there, dead.

in Dragon Bash

Wallace MacBix.2089

As one person said here…its an easy fix. Remove the ‘auto-spawning’ into the battle after they have died. Anyone who dies has to manually get back into game or they sit there, dead.

That reason that they auto spawn into battle is two fold (if I remember the live stream last week). It keeps people who are losing from hiding in their base to make the winning team have to win by the match timer (30min if I recall). It also helps to detour spawn camping, if 5 people are just waiting for you to come out of your base, you’ll die before you can even land after the first spring jump. Also your solution of having them just stay dead doesn’t stop them from going afk, it only partial stops the other team from repeatedly killing them, but one team would still be at a disadvantage of being a man (or more) down.

That being said, I would love if they had an “inactive for 30 seconds” kick out of the game, and also not allow team switches. It’s annoying when you have a 3v3 at the start, only to have it become a 1v5 within the first 10 seconds, or a race to see who can get off the team with the afk person.