My ticket story.

My ticket story.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: TooNu.4530

TooNu.4530

When the forum threads of people opening 1000 coffers to find a ticket surfaced I decided that I would not open a single coffer until I had saved exactly 1000.

The time spent rounding up packs of mobs and then using caltrops to rope them in and then AOE them to death is time well spent as I mastered my tactics without failure (most of the time). As it turned out, my willpower is stronger than I thought as I managed to save 5 stacks of coffers with change.

At some point I asked the missus, “are you saving your coffers or just opening them?”, she would reply, “I just open them”, and I thought that was mad, who wants to open each chest every time they drop? Well she would save them up until she was safe and clear of mobs or finished doing what she was doing and then open like 3 or 4 at a time. I suggested that she save a bunch up and "increase her chances of finding a ticket.

What hubris.

She saved a total of 31 and went to Lions Arch as part of her map completion routine. She opened the first one, I could here her double click them, and then her eyes would track to what prize she just acquired. Candy. She opened the second chest, slowly, like a child on Christmas morning savoring the presents. “BAM TICKET!!”

Naturally I was happy for her as she beamed across from her PC off to find what weapon skin she wanted, she gave me the remaining 29 chests to add to my total.

I went to Lions arch and spam clicked the entire collection hoping for a skin. The first stack of 250 went very quickly, along with my initial phase of hope. The second stack went with a shrug of the shoulders and a sigh. The third stack went and I wished that I just sold the entire collection instead. The 4th stack went and I just didn’t care anymore. The fifth stack and the change went and I knew I had been an idiot to hope for a ticket. I gave my missus enough candy to help her with her achievement, sold the rest and ever since then I would just open a coffer without even caring what was inside, as if it was a bag of Skritt shinies (no offense).

Today, I was questing with the missus and a nagging thought was pestering me like…all weekend long. This pestering annoyance was telling me to save a small stack and then open them all.

Today I saved up exactly 31 coffers. I went to Lions Arch after just completing Harathi Hinterlands with her. 31 coffers saved. I get to the centre of LA and open the first. Candy. I open the second.

“BAM! TICKET!!”

My ticket story.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Ah RNG, you so crazy.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

My ticket story.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Shad Oni.7142

Shad Oni.7142

My ticket story is similar, did not open any until i reached 1000. opened the first three stacks, nothing. Was on my last stack and went through 230 of them, just as i gave up hope, i got with 19 coffers left. RNG, you crazy indeed.

My ticket story.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Mia Wynd.2367

Mia Wynd.2367

Love your story, thank you for sharing!

My ticket story.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: lover.8351

lover.8351

Ahahaha. Excellent!

My ticket story.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ragriz.3942

Ragriz.3942

Love the story!

My ticket story.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

Moral of the story

save 31 coffers
go to LA
open 2 coffers
sell rest

Yes?

Going to do this despite myself knowing better lol

Nice story!

My ticket story.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Moral of the story

save 31 coffers
go to LA
open 2 coffers
sell rest

Yes?

Going to do this despite myself knowing better lol

Nice story!

I was wondering about the LA thing myself. Maybe that is why I have never gotten a ticket because I was opening them in The Grove.

Is a good story.

The Burninator

My ticket story.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Sebulon.7683

Sebulon.7683

I’ve gotten 4 tickets so far and today the wings dropped in Orr. Now I can sweep Dragonbash aside and start waiting for the skypirate thingie.

My ticket story.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: sinderhella.5680

sinderhella.5680

I’ve opened over a thousand in LA alone(3500 total so far) …. maybe my problem has been that I don’t have a stack of exactly 31….. I guess it is worth a try.

Sinderhella – 80 Thief | Magoria – 80 Necromancer
When a thief tells you ’’L2P’’, they mean this.
Solider Bee ~ Sinister Swarm

My ticket story.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

My story was I bought 1500 coffers and opened them without a single ticket. So I decided to run AC explorable to get some money so I could buy more coffers (I have Colossus Fang recipe so AC nets me a lot of gold). I finish a path and get 4 coffers as drops. The 2nd coffer has a ticket in it lol.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

My ticket story.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

It’s hybris. Man…
RNG is RNG. Same chance applied to every single coffer. It’s a heartless beast…
Or like having a relationship with a zombie. So unfulfilling. Unless you are… you know.

My ticket story.

in Dragon Bash

JustTrogdor.7892

I think the more this thread gets read, the more likely players are to end up in overflow in LA

The Burninator

My ticket story.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: LadyRosco.3942

LadyRosco.3942

After farming for two days (granted, i don’t have a lot of play time during the week, so my takings were pretty small) I hopped on to level an alt. Made a bank stop in DR, and opened the 12 coffers I had. Then broke my husband’s eardrums.

I seriously never have that kind of luck.

My ticket story.

in Dragon Bash

JustTrogdor.7892

I’ve opened over a thousand in LA alone(3500 total so far) …. maybe my problem has been that I don’t have a stack of exactly 31….. I guess it is worth a try.

I just tried this out of boredom/goof around. Got exactly 31 coffers, well 34 by accident so I deleted the other 3. Went to LA and opened them. I got the usual stuff, candy, more fireworks than a 4th of July celebration in a major city could use, stupid lobster cakes, and 4 mini knights (I have almost 30 of them now). It doesn’t work, don’t believe the hype

The Burninator

My ticket story.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Xephiare.4793

Xephiare.4793

You have about the same story as me!
I opened my bought coffers from TP, about 1500—one ticket at around 1500 coffers.
Then played my lowbie guardian in queensdale. Had a stack of 9 or so coffers; opened 5 BAM! TICKET! the heckkkk

My ticket story.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Arcturus.5846

Arcturus.5846

Decided to give Dragon bash a go today (first day playing). Went out, killed some holographic images, opened up some dragon coffers and got ticket (only 6-10 coffers used). Funny thing is I dont even want them as I find them ugly looking. Wish I could sell it.

My ticket story.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Don’t forget to /bow and /dance before Zommoros to beg for his blessing!

My ticket story.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: bluestocking.6148

bluestocking.6148

I wasn’t farming them very hard, but I probably opened 200-300 from drops, and managed 2 Risen Knights out of that. I bought 10 off the TP for no real reason other than I was there. First one of those had a ticket.

I am destruction itself. I also bake cookies.

My ticket story.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: sinderhella.5680

sinderhella.5680

So after 4200 boxes I finally get a ticket (queue song “I’ve got a golden ticket”) and I was thrilled until I realized that I need one more for a matching pair of daggers.

Sinderhella – 80 Thief | Magoria – 80 Necromancer
When a thief tells you ’’L2P’’, they mean this.
Solider Bee ~ Sinister Swarm

My ticket story.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: TooNu.4530

TooNu.4530

It’s hybris. Man…
RNG is RNG. Same chance applied to every single coffer. It’s a heartless beast…
Or like having a relationship with a zombie. So unfulfilling. Unless you are… you know.

Hi Ted, do you still have your encyclopedia?

My ticket story.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

So after 4200 boxes I finally get a ticket (queue song “I’ve got a golden ticket”) and I was thrilled until I realized that I need one more for a matching pair of daggers.

baaaahhhhhhhhhh now that’s gotta hurt

My ticket story.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

baaaahhhhhhhhhh now that’s gotta hurt

I just got mine today too, I was at around 4100, thought I was bad XD

Was weird.. I did coe, got 2 charged lodestones from chests in there then all of a sudden openned the 4 chests in my inventory and one popped up. Seems I had some sort of good RNG wave.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

My ticket story.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Things like this make me think that there’s some kind of DR being applied to coffers, because I keep hearing of people buying and opening coffers in the hundreds or even thousands and not getting anything, while there are also lots of people that got tickets seem to be usually opening them as they get them, and getting them as drops as they play instead of buying them in bulk.

And actually, that’s my case.. when I saw that the skins were gated behind the RNG boxes, I just filed them as “nice looking but I’m not gonna get one”, kept playing as usual, killing the holographic mobs off projectors when I ran into them during regular playtime (one day I did farm them, though, so I could finish the schievement) and opening chests as they dropped… and I got a ticket off a chest dropped by a holographic mob (I guesstimate I had opened somewhere between 150-200 chests by then).

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

My ticket story.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

I followed your wife’s lead, instead of waiting till i got a full stack (mind u I got 1 ticket from a full stack) I opened when i got to 20 tickets and BAM got another on my 12th coffer

My ticket story.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ruruuiye.8912

Ruruuiye.8912

My ticket story is simply that I poured all the saved up gold I had into coffers and never got a ticket nor any hint that the RNG may or may not be subject to DR for large stacks of coffers or purchased as opposed to dropped coffers and since I’m currently travelling and don’t really have a laptop that can handle GW2 well, I won’t be playing enough to do any further farming. I bought a few cupcakes but then my wrist started hurting so I threw all my candy and fireworks away.

The End.

My ticket story.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Coffer DR? :P

I farmed like mad for the karka weapons and never got a ticket so I didn’t put much effort into the Coffers and I ended up getting a ticket while doing daily and only opening a few coffers. So I guess why bother putting effort into anything anymore when RNG really doesn’t care.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

My ticket story.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: torinbroadshaft.9463

torinbroadshaft.9463

1500 and 1 ticket 16 holo knights 70 rare chests all candy and food , oh the feeling of the ruler when it comes down

My ticket story.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

It was for me 2600 chests for 1 ticket.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)