Account bound WXP?

Account bound WXP?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

So.. will this patch include account bound WXP? With a WvW update it looks fitting. But I don’t want to get my hopes up for nothing. I’ve been waiting for it for a while now and I can’t wait for when it goes live. Can’t find anything about it in the announcement post.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Account bound WXP?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I believe it was announced it would not. I don’t have a direct cite for you, though.

Account bound WXP?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

It will come but not in this patch. I am pretty sure they are planning how to do it right….hold your horses…

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

Account bound WXP?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Would be nice if it was, but I guess I’ll live if it’s not. It’s not like I play much WvW in any case. :P

Account bound WXP?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: AtlasSi.9130

AtlasSi.9130

It will come but not in this patch. I am pretty sure they are planning how to do it right….hold your horses…

When this LS BS is gone we’ll get it…along with that large feature patch….in March. What a waste of time.

18 80s | 12 100% | r177 | wvw r970 | 9,000+ hours
BP → DR → FA → Mag → BP → FA

Account bound WXP?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

We are still planning on implementing this. We’ll have more information as we get closer.

Account bound WXP?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Rhaegus.8924

Rhaegus.8924

We are still planning on implementing this. We’ll have more information as we get closer.

Wait…. This wont get implemented with this patch?
Not sure what to do here…..crying in a corner seems reasonable.

Account bound WXP?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Wait…. This wont get implemented with this patch?
Not sure what to do here…..crying in a corner seems reasonable.

It was mentioned in an interview that they’d hoped to get it in this patch but it wasn’t ready.

A similar thing happened once before, don’t remember what it was, but something was delayed because it wasn’t quite ready. The forums promptly filled up with the sky is falling threads and then it came in the next patch two weeks later.

I’m not saying we’ll have account wide WXP in 2 weeks, but I don’t think it will be long.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

Account bound WXP?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

Yes, looks like they probably encountered major bugs or problems. No worries, as long as we get it

Account bound WXP?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Hellmasker.1649

Hellmasker.1649

Please come necro this thread the day they release it. xD

To add something constructive: I’m very excited about the account-wide WXP. I had always strayed from playing WvW on alts because that’s WXP my main could be earning, but with this on the way, I can level my noobies in WvW again.
Thank you ANet. You disappoint me sometimes but I have faith in you. <3

REJOICE! Dwayna hath had her mercy on us; her battered and beaten, tired and taxed.
For we have held fast our ground and our loyalty to Tyria each and every day…
And it is time the Six show their blessings. Freedom for ALL doers of great and wondrous things!

Account bound WXP?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

Yes, looks like they probably encountered major bugs or problems. No worries, as long as we get it

I’d much rather wait another 2 weeks than have it rushed to be added and have bugs. Most likely bug would be players not getting all their different character’s WXP added up properly. So yea, better to wait for it to be bug free and working.

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

Account bound WXP?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

It is intensely annoying when they impliment something that the WvW community overall isn’t interested in over something that they are extremely interested in. Combining WxP should only take minimal tweaks. I don’t really understand why something so small couldn’t be done if creating an entire map can be done.

Account bound WXP?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

It is intensely annoying when they impliment something that the WvW community overall isn’t interested in over something that they are extremely interested in. Combining WxP should only take minimal tweaks. I don’t really understand why something so small couldn’t be done if creating an entire map can be done.

Two updates looks better than one so they’re releasing EoTM first, saving account bound WXP for later. This way they can brag about

“Two updates in WvW within the first X months of 2014!”

(Never mind that WXP should never have been soulbound in the first place — especially since the time of its introduction was around the time many features were shifting from soulbound to accountbound.)

Account bound WXP?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

What gave you the impression that the WvW community isn’t interested in more maps? EotM might be a slightly different format than we had in mind but at least we’ll have more than the same two maps we’ve been playing since beta.

Account bound WXP?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

What gave you the impression that the WvW community isn’t interested in more maps? EotM might be a slightly different format than we had in mind but at least we’ll have more than the same two maps we’ve been playing since beta.

Not really interested in arguing or defending the overall interest in this map. I’ll just say that most people are probably more interested in Account Bound WxP.

(edited by timidobserver.7925)

Account bound WXP?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I’d much rather wait another 2 weeks than have it rushed to be added and have bugs. Most likely bug would be players not getting all their different character’s WXP added up properly. So yea, better to wait for it to be bug free and working.

Well every LS has been riddled with bugs, I think I want to take my chances with this one.

Account bound WXP?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Mahaedros.7085

Mahaedros.7085

I’m really unsure how it’s all going to work with account bound Wxp. My characters are all ranked up in various levels/ranks with not one of them significantly way out ahead of the others. I like to play whichever profession I feel like playing that day.

So I think account Wxp is going to be a great thing but I would like to prepare for it…

Should i play the highest ranked toons until this comes in ? or rank up the lowest?

I still have those WvW rank boosters saved and haven’t spent one of the yet…

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing – Edmund Burke

Account bound WXP?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

y u do dis ? ; _ ;

y u tek so lonk ? e ? y u do dis ? T _ T

Are you Shpongled?

Account bound WXP?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Chibi.1839

Chibi.1839

I’m really unsure how it’s all going to work with account bound Wxp. My characters are all ranked up in various levels/ranks with not one of them significantly way out ahead of the others. I like to play whichever profession I feel like playing that day.

So I think account Wxp is going to be a great thing but I would like to prepare for it…

Should i play the highest ranked toons until this comes in ? or rank up the lowest?

The wxp across of all your character will be be put into a single pool. Meaning they will be added altogether and sum up your new rank. And each character will be able to put there own points in abilties so you can have different abilties you want for each character.
I know my english ain’t that great but hope this helped you out.

Account bound WXP?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

My guess is that, like with the wallet implementation, you’ll need to log on every character with WxP and it gets added to a total WxP pool. Anything else is just a kick in the kitten for people that have leveled multiple alts in WvW.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Account bound WXP?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Not really interested in arguing or defending the overall interest in this map. I’ll just say that most people are probably more interested in Account Bound WxP.

From the people I play with, that’s not my impression (and I could seriously use account-based WXP because my ranks are spread across four characters).

Account bound WXP?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Moh Jay.7240

Moh Jay.7240

aka we’ll add this to a future patch that has an underwhelming list of improvements.

Fort Aspenwood – Worst guardian in Guild Wars
Unreal Aussies [uA]
Embrace the Enemy [Corp]

Account bound WXP?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

When this LS BS is gone we’ll get it…along with that large feature patch….in March. What a waste of time.

Living stories are not bs…The LS items in the gems store is the reason you can play free WvW…and I am glad the devs are taking their time to make sure merging WvW XP doesn’t break the game…

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

Account bound WXP?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: AtlasSi.9130

AtlasSi.9130

Living stories are not bs…The LS items in the gems store is the reason you can play free WvW…and I am glad the devs are taking their time to make sure merging WvW XP doesn’t break the game…

Imo the LS is full on BS. Can complete all of it within the first day. If it is time-gated okay delayed some. But, that is okay…the dailys required for the meta take 10 mins to get anyway. Which is a waste of time..instead of actually making the meta harder to get.
Are you basing all of the LS stuff on the TP? LOL? Free or not. I don’t care.
I’d rather play a buggy game than a perfect one. <3

18 80s | 12 100% | r177 | wvw r970 | 9,000+ hours
BP → DR → FA → Mag → BP → FA

Account bound WXP?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

planning on implementing this

I had the impression it was in testing, not planning – last I heard it was something along the lines of “combining WXP has many border cases so we are testing them.” So now that it’s somehow progressed backwards into planning do we wait another 6 months for the release?

There is players getting their hopes up for features you haven’t promised – and then there’s you giving us conflicting information. At this point I have lost all faith in you (after repeatedly defending your case) and would like to now know:

Is merged WXP still the plan? Or has the concept been scrapped.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

Account bound WXP?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

They most likely were testing it, and it ran into some sort of issues during testing, and decided to hold it off and focus on more pressing matters for now (such as Edge of the Mists, which clearly had a very set release date).

I read her comment more like: “We are still going to release this, but not quite yet” rather than “We are currently planning and figuring out how to implement it”.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Account bound WXP?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

They are still thinking on what level they should reset everyone just like they did in the fractal patch. You know, to give everyone an even starting point.

And then “release” rank leaderboards for everyone to admire.

Account bound WXP?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

They are still thinking on what level they should reset everyone just like they did in the fractal patch. You know, to give everyone an even starting point.

And then “release” rank leaderboards for everyone to admire.

Try not to spread misinformation.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/world-xp-and-you/

“With all of this in mind, the system is receiving the following changes:
All earned World XP on an account will be put into a single pool.
The sum of those points will determine the world rank and World Ability Points available to each character on the account.
World Ability Points can be allocated differently on each character; you are not creating a single, account-based, version of your characters.”

Ranks and XP are not being reset.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]